Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Hey everyone, I have good news, I have been speed running the patch, and I would like to confirm Ursula's boss fight bug has been fixed , IDK about Oogie Boogie, but I will soon find out.

EDIT: the Oogie Boogie boss fight has also been fixed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

yo guys ^^ http://puu.sh/guUem/244307afff.png Checking from System Storage XD someone should fix this. I mean I Could fix it but i dont want to deal with the ELF pointer issue hahaha

3. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

So since the two boss fights have been fixed, I don't have any reason to keep the original japanese iso? Does that mean the bug in tarzan's jungle is fixed now? Can I beat the game with this new patch and not have to switch isos?

4. RandQalan Merlin's Housekeeper

For now you do for new ISO when
    Hollow Bastion
    Traverse Town
    are added and when they complete the boxes

of course if you understand gibberish then guess those two towns do not matter :p

5. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

You can beat the game without switching, but it's harder to do Hallow Bastion and Traverse Town, and what bug in Tarzan's world?

6. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

in the unstable version, it froze in Tarzan's world right when you climb the vine that takes you to the top of the tree that's just outside of the camp. The instructions for the vine swinging came up and then it froze.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, it really doesn't matter if you take the path in the trees as i've described above, or if you take the ground path. Once you cross the water where the hippos are, you have to climb a rope. once you climb the rope, the screen goes black. In both cases, the music continues to play but you can't do anything.

I ran into that about 6 months ago or something like that. Haven't played since.[DOUBLEPOST=1426045113][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Haven't seen you since The Type-0 project english patch project ended and I deleted the facebook page.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  7. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

I never came across that bug, I can assure you if it ever existed, it doesn't exist in the most recent update, I tested Tarzan's world, never found any bugs in the vines section.

8. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

WONDERFUL! :cool: I shall have to continue my game immediatley!!!! And thanks for posting it on your site. I got it from there last night. Now let's get this baby started, and thanks for continuing to work on this project, guys! ;)

9. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

No problem.

10. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok guys, I continued another save file that I had at the start of the game. I was only 35 minutes into the game on that save file. So I played about 10 minutes, made a little more progress, SAVED IT and then turned the game off for a while. When I came back and started the game again, I noticed it still said 35 minutes on the game time, plus the progress I made wasn't there anymore. So I just chalked it up to telling myself that maybe I thought I saved but really didn't. Then I played for an hour more and noticed that when I would get potions in battle, sometimes they wouldn't be in my inventory when I tried to use them in battle. I got to the first town and noticed right away that nearly all of the text looked like what I uploaded in the image below. The only english I could see was when I got items out of the treasure chests..... and even then, similar writing would also be right after the english words of the treasure chests item descriptions. Even the item shops and character NPC dialouge has no english and looks like a bunch of messed up hyrogliphics. So I still played on and built my character stats anyway. Once I got to the boss of the town, I did more grinding to get stronger, since I was on proud mode. I saved the game and then came back some time later, only to find that once again, it didn't save, even though I really did. This time, 3 hours of grinding was lost. It reverted to 3 hours back on an old save.....

Attached Files:

11. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Well, your obviosuly in Traverse Town, Traverse Town is glitchy atm, I suggest you don't save AT ALL while in Traverse Town, same goes for Hallow Bastion

12. LoyalZero1 Merlin's Housekeeper

Ok. But the thing is, that first lapse in the saves came when I was in destiny islands. And so did the first time I noticed potions weren't in my inventory that I had gotten.

13. Resquall Moogle Assistant

Firstly, I'd like to express my gratitude to you for making something like this possible. I haven't played the first Kingdom Hearts in years, and it's really, really nice to be able to do so with revamped abilities and such.

However, there are a few issues I've encountered with the newest patch:

1. Some rare Heartless (notably the ones exclusive to Final Mix) are not spawning for me. While I can encounter Sniperwilds at a fairly high rate at Traverse Town, the Gigas Shadows in Neverland and the Pot Scorpion in Agrabah do not spawn. Furthermore, instead of the normal Heartless spawning in their place, no spawns occur at all. If I exit and reenter the room immediately, normal Heartless spawn. This is disappointing for me, as I really wanted to get the Encounter Up ability and complete the synthesis shop.
    1.5. When the Heartless do not spawn in the Bizarre Room, a strange glitch occurs where the sleeping doorknob simply does not exist; where the object itself covers the keyhole is now nothing, thus rendering the keyhole itself visible. This is as strange as it sounds.

2. A more important glitch occurs right after the cutscene with Kairi in the Secret Waterway of Traverse Town. The cutscene ends, I receive the Oathkeeper, and... I get dumped into the Final Door area of the End of the World.
    Music plays, I'm with Donald and Goofy, and there is absolutely nothing to do in the area itself. I can literally walk through the Door to Darkness to the other side. Unfortunately, I can't really complete the game this way.

I hope you consider fixing these bugs in the future, and thank you for all your hard work.

14. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

these are new bugs. i have a earlyier version of the patch if you would like to try that

15. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

I encountered that glitch myself, i fixed it by using the save menu cheat, but that means you can't get the Oathkeeper, also, I saw some glitches where after you beat Coliseum matches, when you walk out of the Coliseum lobby, you are teleported to the last match you fought, IDK how to fix that glitch.

16. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

Just to get a current understanding, it sounds like, pretty much everywhere is done, but Hollow Bastion and Traverse town is incomplete or not done at all?

17. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Yes, and Traverse Town has several MAJOR glitches.

18. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

Yes it's incomplete or yes it's not included?[DOUBLEPOST=1427381397][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I guess, the real question, I travel a lot so I want to play KHFM on my computer rather than 1.5 ps3. Is it possible to get through the whole game without missing anything or is there still a lot left untranslated? OH, and btw, to the guys working on it you rock. it is awesome to have this rather than be trapped on SONY's system.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  19. Michael Daraghy Destiny Islands Resident

Traverse Town/ Hallow Bastion, are not completed, you probably won't be able to do a normal play-trough though, you are better off playing I.5 since you apparently have it. [lucky, i don't have I.5, or a PS3, lol]

20. xigbar2 Moogle Assistant

First, I'd like to thank everyone for all the hard work they put into this translation. I haven't played this game for a long time and it's nice to be able to play the final mix version in english. I've tried the patch on PCSX2 and it looks amazing. Great job on the patch!

However, I want to play it on ps2 but I can't get it to work.

The patched iso works fine on PCSX2 but when I try to play it on my ps2 with opl, after it loads past the colors, all i get is a black screen. I tried playing the clean iso with opl and it loads fine. I also tried burning the patched iso and playing it with swap magic but it also doesn't work and I still get a black screen.

Has anyone else gotten the patched iso to work on their ps2? If so, how did you get it to work?

Thanks!