Community Kingdom Hearts 3: Title/Menu Concept Art Animation

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Shaheer, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Shaheer Moogle Assistant

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to present my Kingdom Hearts 3 Title and InGame concept menus!

To start, I was inspired to make this after the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3. Even tho that was last year, I've recently gotten downtime from work.. and told myself I'll finally put this animation together at last. I guess you could say I wanted to contribute to the Kingdom Hearts 3 hype!

Overall I've gotten a whole lot of positive messages, some complained that they wanted the game right away while others felt it could've had more of a Kingdom Hearts feel.

In terms of design, I tried to keep the entire 'Kingdom Hearts' feel from past title sequences, but also implementing the new 'modern' game designs now-a-days. Arguably the soon to come KH3 might have this type of design, but also may implement and keep their usual themed designs. I did not put too much thought on the content or simplicity of the game, but rather put loading options everywhere to get the general feel of how kH3 might be.

The most questions I got was how this was made, I combined the work flow of two programs, Illustrator and After Effects. If you're a somewhat advanced user in both programs, you should easily be able to get the idea on how recreate something like this!

I've heavily relied on the Kingdom Hearts 2 title sequence, as well as the latest 1.5 HD Remix. I studied each part of the title sequence and re-designed them onto Illustrator. After designing the entire menu on Illustrator, compositing them onto After Effects for animation is the easy part.

I've gotten a steady amount of complaints on the main image used on the title sequence. And I KNOW, Roxas is most likely not going to be in the next game as one of the main characters in the story, of course I see him being featured, or mentioned. To back up why I used it, simply, I could not find any other image that would better fit the title menu to make it look 'professional', and I did not want to use just a random one because I tried to not make it look entirely fan made, would beat the 'concept' bit of the video.

Lastly, I appreciate all the kind and positive feedback. Truly make's me happy that you all enjoyed my animation, as an animator, entertaining people is really what I aim for. Unfortunately I think this was a one time thing, I do not see myself making replica versions or ideas, but I've been contemplating wither to add a 'Worlds Select' concept art, as well as illustrating possible worlds featured in KH3. But that might not be something everyone will want, only on high demand I suppose. Might just ruin the KH3 concept I've already made, making things multiple times can ruin the quality of your content!

If you'd like to support me as a designer and animator, you can find me on Twitter at @ShaheerTV!

I'll see you in Kingdom Hearts 3!

Kind Regards,
    Shaheer

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Wow that was pretty good. I like it! :3

3. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

Not too shabby.

I like how you kept the title screen style from the previous games. I especially liked the save slot select screen and the little crown in the corner during the loading screen.

4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Wow. Just....(Give me a moment..) That is amazing. I know nothing in regards to animation, so I'm not sure how much work you put into this, but just...wow. *Insert crowd applause*

I almost felt like that was a legit Kingdom Hearts III teaser. xD Well done.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ooh, very nice. Love the attention to detail, and the little bonus towards the end, haha. Only thing I noticed was, I don't believe 'munny' has an E. But it's such a small thing, everything else was spot-on.

6. Misty gimme kiss

@Shaheer was kind enough to let us share his video on the homepage of the site. He's updated the opening post with more information, but anyone who simply takes a look at the video can see how impressive his work is! It's always nice to see people getting creative with ideas for Kingdom Hearts 3 even though it's still very far off. Really amazing work!

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

*claps* that was pretty freaking sweet. Major props, gonna probably watch that 10 more times.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I meant to reply to this when I saw it yesterday, but never got around to it, and wHOA NOW IT'S MAINPAGED??? Dude, seriously, awesome job on this. It matches the other games' title screens perfectly, and the teaser footage with the notice at the end was a great touch.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to stalk the rest of your Youtube channel.

9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

That looks soooo freaking cool and epic at the same time!!

10. Nowaki Destiny Islands Resident

Wow, you did a great job !
    The guide you've put in is a nice idea, however I don't know if it really fits to kingdom hearts.
    But I love the saved data files and the loading notification *A*

11. Sennitz Destiny Islands Resident

Now I can´t wait to play KH III T_T
    haha great job! :B

12. Karuta Reborn

Oh my god, this is beautiful. It really gives off the Kingdom Hearts atmosphere and makes me even more excited for Kingdom Hearts 3. Amazing work Shaheer!

13. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

Love it! Looks like you put in a lot of hard work to polish it and make it look legit, and it shows. This looks like something Square could show at TGS or E3 and I'd believe it was real. Kudos!

14. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

that's pretty cool a combination of the old games with a touch of something new

15. Twero Traverse Town Homebody

Very cool! Amazing work, specially with the menus and the title screen!
    I still wonder what will be the main artwork for the KH III main title, but you did well picking up the one from KH II final mix! :)

I just got a bit worrie dwith the loading screen. Hope the game doesn't have many of these. :x

16. Destati_san Moogle Assistant

I loved this! And it definitely feels like kingdom hearts with a few new touches here and there. I would like to see your concept for the world map!

17. Ninjamonster15 Merlin's Housekeeper

It's cool, I like it.

HOWEVER, the art used is from Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix. They wouldn't use the same art for more than one game.

Again, I understand it's concept art, so it's cool.