In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xannytoes Merlin's Housekeeper

[Placeholder is still here]

With Hasu's arrival, Levi was about to up his charm and begin to flirt properly, when he was distracted by the arrival of a dazzling girl, who took it upon herself to refill his glass. Now that's what he called excellent service. Back at the old fortress, they'd had nothing but water and no one to pour it.

Ah, the fortress. Kalendor. A memory he soon wouldn't be ridding himself of.

"Don't think about it," he muttered to himself, drowning the thoughts with a gulp from his glass. He directed his visual attention to the battle, noting that only three combatants remained. Including the guy he'd bet on. Excellent. Maybe he'd make some money after all.

"So, Johanna was it?" Levi asked, downing the rest of his drink, "What's the guild like? I've heard a few rumors but I'd like a personal opinion."

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Johanna nodded. "I can't see why you'd be curious, it's very interesting. It's a different kind of art of Magic." Johanna fixed her dress. "I'm honestly not sure if she can read the past. If you ever get her alone, you might want to ask." She said. "She isn't very good at predicting things, or even talking about her powers with this many people about." Johanna explained. She turned to Scarlett. "I can get you some pop, if you'd prefer it." Johanna said. Before she could turn to leave, she looked to Levi. "Hmm..." She had to think about this question. "This Guild is like family. That is what I can tell you for sure. They're outgoing, and everyone in here is so smart... and we make each other so happy." She smiled. It was a different smile. One filled with love rather then happiness. "The people in this Guild, are the best people you will ever find. They are brave, courageous, and willing to help one another. You can depend on one another, because if it's to protect our family, be it the Kingdom or the entire world... We would make anyone our enemy. That's what it means to be Sapphire Eclipse." Johanna started to laugh sweetly, surprised by her own pride for the Guild. Her voice had been filled with the utmost passion. "If you are a guild, you take care of your friends. That's all I have to say." She smiled again, and her beautiful sapphire eyes dazzled, filled with warm. "Sorry, it's rude of me to talk so much when I don't even know your name. If I may ask, what is your name kind sir?"

3. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

The fight had continued onward with the Veilen man healing just about every scratch of damage that had been done on him, rendering it as if he had jumped in this fight straight from the get go. Furthermore, her next attack seemed to bring him straight back into the situation that he was in prior to curing himself. Well this was quite the situation. However, after her attack had gone through, Gaius himself had then brought his fists down upon the boy. Both feeling sorry for him, and not wishing to try and strike him down in a gang up, she turned her attention to the man who had just punch the mage boy. Not wishing to accidently hurt him too much, she cut the air and sent a gust of wind straight at him.

Charlotte used aero on Gaius.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Silvia looked back at Thomas once more before starting towards Ra who was still on the ground. Thomas was passed out still but at least his injuries weren't so bad anymore.

"W-was I awesome?" A voice came from behind Silvia. Spinning around she saw Thomas trying to sit up with a goofy grin on his face. "Ow..." He continued to groan through his pain. Silvia soon rushed back to his side crouching down once again.

"No no, you must stay lying down, don't push yourself. Please." Silvia said slowly lowering him back to the ground by pushing down on his chest guiding him down. "I'm sorry, I am so sorry I can't take away all your pain. I am still learning healing magic. I promise I will be better next time, I want to help out more and be a healer. I mean at least you are awake right?" Silvia began to rant. She didn't really know what she was supposed to say in this situation and clearly her healing didn't do as much as she wanted. It all made her quite flustered.

"Hey, hey it is okay. I am fine. don't worry about it. I mean just seeing your sparkling eyes is enough to get me back to my feet." Thomas replied, quickly regaining his flirty manner. Thomas reached up to touch the girls face. "You did great." He encouraged her once again.

Silvia was even more flustered now. She stood up once again and looked back to the crowd. "I-I have to go... Someone else needs healing too, I should bring him over here. Sorry. I got to go..." Silvia finished as she ran off towards the crowd and found Ra also passed out on the ground. As much as she didn't want to deal with that boy again she knew that was the quietest place to be and the easiest place for her to concentrate with her healing. Silvia slipped her hands under the mans arms and pulled at him from under his armpits, it was how she learned to pull someone out of a dangerous situation without harming them. Silvia gave a tug at Ra, but he didn't move. She tried once again putting more effort in it, but the full grown man in a gold bird suite seemed to prove too much. With one more try Silvia's hands slipped and Silvia fell back on her butt. "Ow..." She groaned as she stood up once more trying to move Ra once again. Silvia was so convinced to move Ra out of the middle of the crowd she didn't think of the option of healing him just there and then.

5. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Gaius used Quick Blitz! It did 3 damage, but with Strength, Weapon and Speed it did 20! Charlotte used Aero on Gaius. It did 3 damage, but with Magic it really did…. 4. Gaius lost 4 HP. Gaius’ defense blocked 0 damage from the attack. He got back 0 HP.

Gaius Ryan
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (4)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (17)
    Ability Slots: (4)
    Quick Blitz: Perform a jumping attack. (3 Damage)
    Thunder: Strike surrounding enemies from above with lightning (3MP, 6 damage)
    Cure: Recover a small amount of HP. (8MP, 5HP Healed+Magic Stat)
    Fire: Launch a ball of fire toward enemies. (3MP. Deals 5 Damage)

Weapon: Fisticuffs (1-4) +5SPD
    Item Slot: (3)
    Strength: 14
    Speed: 4(+5)
    Defense: -1
    Magic: 5

Veilen
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (-8)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (43)
    Ability Slots: (3)
    Blizzard: Blast enemies head-on with a chunk of ice. (3MP. Deals 4 Damage)
    Weapon: Enchanted Sword (1-8) +2SPD
    Strength: 11
    Speed: 1(+2)
    Defense: 2
    Magic: 8

Charlotte
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (12)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (15)
    Aero: Call on the wind to lift enemies into the air and then send them flying. Stuns some foes. (5MP, 8 damage on impact+Stun)

Weapon: Hand and a Half Sword (3-11) -1SPD
    Speed: 1(-1)
    Defense: 5

Bets placed:

Hasu: 20 Jewels on Charlotte, 10 on Thomas, 10 on Ra, 10 on Gaius
    Calxiyn: 10 Jewels on Thomas
    Edric: 100 Jewels on Charlotte
    Skadi: 20 on Charlotte, 10 on Ra, 5 on Thomas
    Velien: 150 on Velien
    Levi: 100 on Velien

6. sportfreak22 Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    //Guild Hall//

Scarlett let out a half-snort half-laugh of sorts when Johanna mentioned how 'brave, courageous, and willing to help' these people were.
    "Sorry, but I think you must have got a bad batch of new recruits, because these people," she motioned to the morons still fighting, "don't really seem like the type you're looking for. In fact, they don't really seem like the guild-type at all." She sat up quickly, accidentally brushing her hand across Ren's arm as she did. Eh whatever. "I'll bet most of them won't last longer than a few jobs. But I bet you get a lot of people like that nowadays." She flicked a piece of red hair out of her eyes and adjusted her bow to a more comfortable position on her back. "The name's Scarlett. And trust me, I'm not going to be one of those people." Her tone showed confidence and almost a little boredom was reflected in her voice.

7. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Jack Rincewind banner.png

Jack Rincewind pov: He wander the guild hall with nothing to do, what should he do, there was an apparent fight near by.

Amanda Quition banner.png

Amanda Quinton pov: She keep to her self, she was to shy at the moment to do anything.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  8. Xannytoes Merlin's Housekeeper

Such passion. Such pride. Obviously this was someone who cared about her home and the people within. Good looking and sweet as a cookie to boot. I think we'll get along just fine. He would have continued daydreaming, were it not for a loud crash coming from the battlers. Levi turned just in time to watch that Gaius bloke eliminate Veilen with a nasty Quick Blitz.

"Well, there goes my money," Levi sighed, watching as his brief spot of gambling blew up in his face. He poured himself another glass, attempting to drown his sorrows with H20, when he realized Johanna was talking to him.

"Sorry, it's rude of me to talk so much when I don't even know your name. If I may ask, what is your name kind sir?"

"Don't know if I can be called kind," the masked man laughed a little, "I'm Levi. Levi Reaver and Mr Reaver if you're feeling cheeky. You seem pretty passionate about your guild here, so why don't you tell me what a pretty girl like you does around these parts?"

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Johanna started to turn crimson, unable to respond to what Scarlett had said . "I-I well." She stuttered. She was caught rather off guard by the compliment. Many men in the Guild complimented her, but not so bluntly. Now all eyes were on Levi, as the Male Guild members shoot looks of envy. "I do work for Evanora around the Guild. Cleaning the Guild Dorms, tidying up around the Guild hall you know. I help Mikasa with the bar, she runs it normally but I take care of the food. When I'm not doing any of that I'm on jobs, just like you'll be I'm sure." Johanna smiled timidly, suddenly now very shy. "If you don't mind my asking, what brought you here to the Guild, Levi?" Johanna asked him. She was curious about her new guild mates, but she was sure she would be able to get to know them a little bit at a time. She might as well start with Levi.

10. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    Ren didn't notice Scarlett's hand brush against his arm, but her comment and determination certainly caught his attention. "You have good spirit," he smiled at her, "and while I tend to agree with what you say, I can't help but feel that perhaps these people have more to offer than meets the eye. They may be brash and a little big headed, but sometimes it's those kind of people who will never back down. Especially if it's for their guild," he added.
    While he hadn't had much of an impression of his new guild members, Ren was actually sure that everyone around the table, from the loudest of the contestants on the table to the quieter ones lurking in the corners, could give more than enough, and then some, to their new guild. He had confidence that the S-class members and the Master had only accepted people who were worthy, and he felt that was enough to trust his new comrades.
    As for him, well, by his own logic he too was worthy. Maybe things were looking up for him. They don't know about the real me though, he thought bitterly.
    "Looks like I bet on the right people," he stated, pointing at the fight on the table. "Although, I did bet on most of the contestants, so I guess that doesn't say much about my judgement," he chuckled.
    "So, Scarlett, if you don't mind the familiarity" he smiled, sitting back in his chair, "what would you say about me? Do I fit your definition of brave and courageous?" Ren chuckled, and waved a hand. "Don't mind me. I'm a bit of a tease at times," he grinned.

11. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Throughout the course of the fight, Gaius had been beaten up quite a bit, but despite everything he was still standing. Where other people probably would've given up earlier, or perhaps even be angry at the way things were going, Gaius was experiencing neither of those things. In fact, the hint of a cocky grin appeared on the boy's face. He'd taken out Thomas, he'd taken out Veilen, and now all that remained was Charlotte. "You're pretty tough. Can't say I've seen many people take as much of a beating and still be standing" Gaius stated, before flexing his palms and then cracking his knuckles. "We'll have to do this again sometime, been a while since I was pushed like this. Either way, I'm going to end it now, right?" the fire mage said with a slight laugh, confident as ever but still trying to be friendly. With a burst of speed, Gaius dashed towards Charlotte and lunged forward with a strike that had all his drive and determination behind it.

Gaius attacked!

[​IMG]
    Skadi paused for a second before responding to Alessia. She hadn't expected to be asked about her magic so soon, but then again she was in a wizard's guild now so it was almost expected. "Me? I do a bit of everything..but if I had to narrow it down to one, then I'd say...hmm...yep, definitely an ice mage!" Skadi replied, an unusual air of certainy surrounding her words as she spoke. She was about to continue on, when she heard a certain someone remarking about how everyone seemed to not be the guild type.

That comment annoyed Skadi to no end. She herself didn't have a burning desire to be part of a guild. Sure, she wouldn't mind it at all, but she could find other things to do, the only reason she was there was because of Gaius and Caleb, but that wasn't the same for her red haired friend. She knew Gaius had wanted to join a guild since he was small, and he was using it as a way to find his missing mother, so the idea of him not fitting in, of him not belonging irritated her. "Give me just a moment" she said to Alessia, before moving over near Scarlett.

Quietly, she tapped Scarlett on the shoulder in an attempt to get her attention. "Um, excuse me, but I think you're wrong. Some people here seem interesting, don't you think? The fact we all passed the trials proves we belong here, but just look at those people fighting on the table. Sure, they could have chosen a better way of introducing themselves, but don't brothers and sisters also fight from time to time? Each of them up there are fighting with passion, you can see it in their eyes; they're really trying. So, I don't think it's right for you to think less of them because of that. I'm sorry, but if you're too scared to get up there and do it yourself, you don't have much of a right to sit there and judge them, do you? I don't mean to offend you, I just felt I should share my opinion" the girl said, breathing once again after she had finished. She didn't wait for a response, instead opting to turn and go walk back towards Alessia.

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Gaius used Default Attack! With his Weapon it did 2 damage, but with Strength added....

15! UNBELIEVABLE! Charlotte's defense was not able to block the hit (But did knock 1 damage off the hit)! Charlotte is down!

Gaius Ryan
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (4)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (17)

Weapon: Fisticuffs (1-4) +5SPD
    Strength: 14
    Speed: 4(+5)
    Defense: -1

Charlotte
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (-2)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (15)
    Aero: Call on the wind to lift enemies into the air and then send them flying. Stuns some foes. (5MP, 8 damage on impact+Stun)
    Weapon: Hand and a Half Sword (3-11) -1SPD
    Speed: 1(-1)
    Defense: 5

Bets placed:

Hasu: 20 Jewels on Charlotte, 10 on Thomas, 10 on Ra, 10 on Gaius
    Calxiyn: 10 Jewels on Thomas
    Edric: 100 Jewels on Charlotte
    Skadi: 20 on Charlotte, 10 on Ra, 5 on Thomas
    Velien: 150 on Velien
    Levi: 100 on Velien

13. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander baner.png

Ander's pov:
    He reached the battle area just as it ended. late again... not again. He looked at Gaius as he entered the ring why do people hurt people. Then he healed Charlotte. These people were hurting other members he felt somewhat responsible for not stopping it sooner.

Sara banner.png
    Sara Row's pov:
    The fire in her minds eye got more intence she didn't know were she was anymore. Something like a vision played itself out in Sara's mind. A fire seemed to be raging in there, and it felt to her like it was actually seeping out, spreading around her and setting the table cloth on fire.
    To everyone else, it would seem like she was just a little dazed, but otherwise fine and watching the fight quite contentedly. Then she fell to the floor....The necklaces stopped glowing what it did no longer working.

Sara was in a house. The house of the man that helped her. Then found herself looking at were the house once stood. Smoke filled the air. A passer by then blamed her for burning down the house. She Ran and ran not sure were she was....

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  14. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]
    As Charlotte had realized her act of wind magic had faltered, the fight seemed to draw into its climax. The two warriors had stood facing each other, both battered and bruised. When the man, Gaius proclaimed that their next moves would end it, she simply smiled and nodded. This had been quite the fight, and she had had quite the fun regardless of what the outcome was to be. As his fist came straight at her, she put up her guard, but alas, twas not enough to withstand the blow. Moments after she went down, she felt a healing light go over her to see that someone had healed her. Well that was quite the reaction time he had. She stood up and said, "thank you good sir." She then turned to Gaius and said, "twas an excellent match Gaius. I look forward to being a fellow guildmate with you throughout our time here. And I wouldn't mind a rematch one of these days." She then outstretched her hand, doing the only normal sportsman thing which was the congratulatory handshake.

Meanwhile, Lucia had stood back during the whole brawl thing. She was a bit awkward around new people, and the fact that everything had been so loud didn't help her nerves at first. Nevertheless, between the spirit from the fight and everyone else socializing with each other, she felt it only natural that she should try to do something as well. Getting herself together, she then saw one of the other girls struggling, trying to pull the weirdo in the bird suit out. Running over she started to pull on it as well saying,
    "here, I'll lend a hand as well." As she realized that dear god this man was heavy, the two had made progress moving him to a more easy location to heal him up when she looked to the girl she had helped and said, "hey there. Pretty crazy stuff already in this guild, huh? The name's Lucia, how bout yourself?"

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Evanora started to clap. “Bravo Bravo.” She started to laugh. The Guild got quiet. "I commned your bravery, for once in the history of the Guild, Cassandra has lost this bet. Truly, no one could foresee Gaius being the victor." Evanora laughed. There was a hearty laugh from Edric. "It seems you have shown this Guild that you are not to be underestimated. Well done." Evanora smirked. She then looked at Johanna. "I trust you have all seen the little Lark, Johanna, coming around tonight. She will give you your dorm assignments before the night is out. For now, please feel free to continue the celebration." Evanora told them. She watched over the Guild hall like a mother would watch her children play. She looked very proud of them.

[​IMG]

"That was wonderful!" Calxiyn exclaimed. She had make her way over to Gaius. "Ya know, I thought you were a bit full of hot air before, but I guess you do really know your stuff." She giggled. "You were great out there, at any rate. I bet on Thomas though, haha. Sorry." She smiled, looking a tad embarrassed. "My name is Calxiyn." She told him, her golden curls shining in the light from the beautiful lanterns over head. "Want me to heal you?" She asked him. "You look a little bit drained." She started to laugh. "Couldn't imagine why." She winked sarcastically.

16. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander baner.png
    Ander's pov:
    He gave a nod to Charlotte. Then A girl who interdued her self as calxiyn came into the battle area offing to heal the man "let me do it Calxiyn" his eyes said something was bothering him. did she not she him? "is it always like this people trying to kill each other."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"An Ice Mage? Okay. Well, I'm a practitioner of-" Alessia was cut off midway by what Skadi heard. How dare she? That said, it looked like Skadi had it and by the sounds of it, oh she had. Alessia grinned as she heard Skadi serving up Scarlett like that. That should put the overproud witch back in her place! What could she possibly know about anyone here just from that? She would have gone over herself, but Skadi did everything for her. That said, this red dressed girl was clearly thought rather much of herself, so she might cause trouble. If she did... Alessia cracked her knuckles at the thought. Obnoxious people were ever so annoying. Either way, Skadi was coming back, looking a little startled and breathless. Maybe she didn't quite realise what she just did? She probably didn't make a habit of it. "Nicely said. I'd have done it myself but it looked like you had it."

[​IMG]

Dale was legitimately surprised by that turn of events. The most interesting turn of events so far had to have been Gaius winning that. That made the whole affair a lot more interesting that was for sure. He probably actually ought to do something. He was somewhat of a role model for the guild so he should. Groaning, Dale got up from his chair which he had become quite accustomed to. He scratched his head, looking for one of the people around to talk to. He decided it was best to go on over to the table. Actually, that was a great idea. It put him close to Johanna. Actually, if he did that then she might actually talk to him! He strode over with as much nonchalantness as he could muster, hands in his pockets. He could see a little group over there, one of them being so loud and obnoxious and actively offensive towards the guild he could hear her from where he was seated. Well, if he had to put up with her to speak to Johanna, then so be it.

18. Skyheart Joker

Skadi
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (20)

MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (46)
    Snowflake Gif: Seizures people
    Conceal don't feel: Looks like Elsa
    Weapon: Telling people off

Scarlett
    HP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (20)
    MP: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ (25)
    Weapon: Bitchiness

19. sportfreak22 Merlin's Housekeeper

Weapon: Bitchiness... And sharp nails.

[​IMG]
    //Guild Hall//

Could this Levi guy be any cheesier? Honestly... Scarlett stood up from the table, her eyes rolling in clear annoyance.
    "How about I spare you some jewels so you can go buy yourself some better flirting skills? Or better yet, just stop trying altogether." Honestly, this guild thing was turning out to be a big mistake so far...

Scarlett then turned to Ren, who had just know took notice of her most likely due to the fact that Levi had ignored him. Yay. I'm the second choice, she thought sarcastically to herself.
    "So far, you've turned out to be the only semi-likable person here. Try not to ruin that." It wasn't really a full out compliment, but it was probably the best anyone here was going to get.

Scarlett turned around as a girl approached her, steaming about something she had said a few moments ago. Scarlett simply let it roll of her back, not really paying attention to what the girl said. She was too nice, defending other people she didn't even know. That type of attitude would get her killed sooner rather than later. That was something Scarlett had learned from a very young age.
    Oh well, that's her problem. "Brothers and sisters? For some reason, it looks a lot more like a bunch of strangers trying to show off. But maybe its just me." Scarlett added much needed sarcasm to that last part and rolled her eyes as the girl walked away. "Can't even finish what she started.. Typical." She muttered, shrugging her shoulders. Not my problem.

20. X-Con260 Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

Carmen observed many of the members in the Guild Hall, developing a strong urge to sock that (Still rather unattractive) Scarlett girl square in the face. "Could she be any more obnoxious?' Carmen thought to herself 'Whatever, it's her life, she's welcome to ruin it however she finds suitable, and she was off to a flying start'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.