In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I am not going down that rope. What if you drop me, or I fall? I can't do it. It is too high. Father barely got me up here." Thea responded to Damian as she backed up slightly more. The man offering her help still scared her, on top of the fact she was afraid of being this height up, and didn't trust a rope to bring her down. Especially when the person holding onto the rope would also have to hold onto her. It freaked her out far too much to entertain trying it. The fact that Vance was weak and shaky the entire time he was carrying her didn't help either. It only made her more afraid of the trip back down. However she didn't know how else to get down. She was there praying someone had a better solution than her putting her life in the hands of a stranger that scared her.

2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Ra was surprised by Sagittarius' words. "An enemy? So quickly? Surely they can't have found them already...." Nevertheless, if the spirit said there was an enemy at the gates, then an enemy was indeed there. They'd have to deal with it. He walked to the entrance with the rest of his group. The sight that met them was a horrific one, to say the least. Some kind of...gaping dragon. He turned around to find that the dragon had sealed the entrance...somehow. "It seems we can't expect any help aside from one another. Let us show this beast the power of Sapphire Eclipse." A golden magic flowed from Ra, turning into sand as it reach the ground and flowing forward, toward the dragon. "Arise!" A tall armored figure stood, formed from the sand, with a long golden lance in his hand. Yet, the sand kept flowing. Beneath the man, a stallion, plated in gold, with sand flowing from its mane and tail. "Charge forward!" With the order given from Ra, the stallion took off into full gallop, with its rider extending the lance toward the dragon.

Ra used Arise! (Horseback MP enhance) and commanded the soldier to use wishing edge.

[​IMG]
    Well, the tree was just about dead. It would probably be finished this round and then they could proceed on with this godforsaken mission. Honestly, why did she come on this mission? There were much better choices. Like...Hm. Well maybe city of ember. But then she'd have to deal with Thea and her explosions and tantrums and explosive tantrums no one wants that kind of trouble. In any case, she used sliding dash and prayed for a good roll to end the fight.

3. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Damian sighed, it wasn't easy to get past fears "Vance is not particularly strong" he stated "You, uh, probably won't remember... since you were unconscious... but I carried you once before. When I arrived at the guild I found you outside and brought you to Evanora. So... uh... can you trust me?" he gestured to the cave "It's either that or stay up here forever"

4. Skyheart Joker

After the last onslaught of attacks, Aoki was starting to feel kind of confident in what was going on here. The tree monster seemed to be on its last legs, not really able to fight back anymore, even if it did just unleash a massive flurry of bashes at the group. Regardless, even if this fight was nearly done, it wasn't done just yet. While only one of them had gone down, she had seen that the one was Zephyr, and realized it might be a bit of trouble if he was the one who had gone down, as they wouldn't have the power of his flames helping them anymore. Regardless, she'd just persevere and continue on fighting. Charging up her arcane power again, Aoki fired off yet another Arcane bolt at the enemy as she had Virgo attack the thing.

Tldr: Aoki used Arcane Bolt (0-20%) and had Virgo basic attack and block for Aoki.

As the girl who had brought the demons here continued to not have any sort of idea as to what was going on at all in the situation, their brief conversation was put on hold as something more pressing came about. According to one of Ra's summons, an enemy had appeared before their guild, and it would not do well to keep such a beast waiting. As such, the group that was all non-s classes had all dispatched themselves as they walked outside of the guildhall to get ready to fight this creature. As the group ran out, she saw the true horror of the beast, it being just some sort of scaly creature an incredibly large array of teeth ready to chew down on anything that fought it. She wasn't entirely too sure what it was, but she was sure of what had to be done. Knowing that action had to be taken, she yelled out, "knight's crest!" which prompted gray metal armor to form around her attire and her blade to suddenly become a better version of what it had been. But that wasn't all that was to be done at this moment. Immediately after, Charlotte followed up by casting a spell that seemed to do some weird things. Several cuts started to open up on Charlotte's body as blood flowed from said wounds and into the air above. The stray blood soon coalesced into one sphere, which then turned from crimson to white as it soon took the shape of another being. The blood took on a more solid form, as an armored figure with angel wings was created from it. The angelic creature then immediately drew out its sword as it went to attack the large teeth creature with it. Charlotte then went to shield Ra from any danger that may come his way during this monster's counter attack.

tldr; Charlotte used Requip:Knight's Crest, Summoned Daniel and blocked for Ra. Daniel used Judgement Passed.

As Lucia was wondering on just how she would get up onto the flower, when Jack had suddenly sprouted wings and offered to take her up the large plant. She was a bit taken aback by the fact that the boy could just sprout wings whenever he so desired, but that was about all there was to that shock. Soon she was taken off the ground as Jack had carried her up to the top of the flower, and she admittedly ended up feeling a bit embarrassed by the whole thing. As the two landed, Lucia let herself off of him and with a bit of a bashful tone said, "th-thanks." With all that said and done, the group then had to look for wings or something on top of the flower. While the purple haired girl wasn't entirely sure what they were supposed to be doing in this situation, they were in luck. Because apparently Skadi figured out this whole mystery in a matter of seconds and she wasn't really sure how, but hey, the path was open so she didn't question it. With that said, Lucia jumped down the hole to see what was beyond it.

As the whole group was figuring out what was going on, Rho had stayed characteristically silent of the whole thing. He didn't quite care which suspicious figure they had decided to track down and or question, but it was soon revealed that they didn't really have to choose as plot convenience at its finest struck. When the group was split into two separate search parties, Rho, Aias and Trevor were in charge of questioning this beadle person or whatever. Soon enough though, Trevor revealed to have a plan to lure the man's attention over towards him. As he used his handkerchief to see if it would be enough to have the beadle go towards them, Rho simply walked past Trevor. He wasn't walking towards anything in particular and he was really just casually strolling. Aside from the fact that he seemed a bit out of place, Rho had simply acted the part of a passerby tourist, taking in the sights of all the buildings that lined the streets and just going at a nice walking pace. In actuality, he was just attempting to walk past the beadle, so in the case that the man ran away from them, he'd already have a head start. Not to mention he felt like being in a crowd with Trevor would just look slightly suspicious. Nevertheless, he continued to just act like a random pedestrian.

5. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

The Fairy Curse of Laverna: Magic Meadow:
    Jack Rincewind banner.png
    Jack's pov: Lucia had got herself off of him and was acting weird. She then jumped down the hole, saying her thanks before she jumped. He desided to fly down the hole using his pegasus wings. When he reached the floor of the area he made his wings dispear.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "No! I don't trust you!" Thea pouted and crossed her arms, however then Damian made a good point. He was indeed her only option if she ever wanted to get down. The height scared her and she didn't want to go close to the edge, but remaining at that height and not getting help down, was not going to benefit her at all. Thea looked away slightly shy as she began to speak again. "Fine, you can help me down. I don't want to be left up here." She stated before the full realization that Vance forgot about her set in. Her lower lip quivered as a tear began to form in her eye. "Father forgot me up here. He loves her more than me. I might not like you, you are a little scary but at least you don't forget about me." And that was when the worst kind of grudge began. The grudge of a child towards her parent.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"What the hell is that?" That was the first thing that came to mind once Veilen laid eyes on the beast before them. It was basically something out of a nightmare, which made some amount of sense taking into account that they were dealing with demons. But still, this clearly looked like it was supposed to be the big guns and that was what Veilen had hoped that it was. If not, then things were going to be problematic. Looking on the bright side of things, now would be a good time to try out his new magic. "Let's go, Mage Knight's Crest!" Following the proclamation, a robe as well as runes appear on his being. Following this, his sword started to glow until the entire blade was engulfed in a blue light. With a swing of his sword, a blue wave of rune infused energy flew towards the abomination that they were fighting.

Veilen used Blade of Ruin

[​IMG]

Introducing herself to Silvia had gone smoothly and now they were supposed to follow behind the clock and the fairy that had gone down the opening. Thus without further ado, Alisa jumped down the hole.

8. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    "Um... yeah sorry about how creepy I seemed when I was drunk, uh, it's not my fault, Edric made me drink" Damian stayed quiet as Thea talked about Vance. Yeah her father wasn't being particularly supportive at this moment in time "Okay, hold on tight" Damian hesitantly grabbed Thea and carefully got into a position where he could shimmy down the rope. His legs and one hand held tightly onto the rope, and the other arm was wrapped around Thea. Slowly and carefully they made their way down.

Sam rolled a d20 for Damian's agility

Damian got a 6

That's not a pass

About a few meters from the bottom Thea began to slide out of Damian's grip. His heart pounded in his chest, he could not let the little girl get injured. Somehow he was more nervous about dropping Thea than he was about risking his own life. Without thinking Damian grabbed Thea and stopped her fall. It took a moment for him to realise he now had no hands on the rope. By then they were already falling. Oh dear. That wasn't good. In mid-air Damian angled himself to cause least damage, but the impact was hard. With a thud Damian landed on his back with Thea on top of him
    "...Ow..." Came the sound from the boy's sprawled body "...sorry ...I hope you're not hurt..." having landed on him Thea was less injured than Damian, but has still quite bruised "...ugh ...hold on... I can help that..." Closing his eyes and concentrating, Damian used the new powers of Sky God Slaying that he'd been given to heal Thea's minor injuries, then lay back exhausted.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thea was clearly nervous as Damian grabbed her and tried to go down the rope with her. At first it seemed to go okay, however that changed quickly. For a moment it felt like everything was going in slow motion as she slipped from Damian's grip. The girl let out a slight shriek as she began to fall. She reached desperately for something to grab onto to stop her from falling. Damian was what she found to hold onto, but he too was falling. This was going to be the end wasn't it? She couldn't survive the fall, there was no way.

Thea felt the impact, she couldn't catch her breath at first given it was knocked out of her. However she did feel a bit of pain. Pain was good, pain meant that she was still alive. Thea rolled off of Damian then opened her eyes. At first everything was rimmed with black, but that slowly fade. She could see everything around her better and then she could hear Damian talking. She didn't quite tell what was going on until she felt a warmth and some of the pain gone away. However as soon as it did and pain left her, her eyes began to water, tears flowing down her face as she looked from Vance to Damian. Right now she didn't much feel like trusting either of them. Damian who tried to convince her it would be safe to take her down, and her so called father who forgot about her.

Not knowing who to trust or where to go she turned to the only somewhat logical choice for someone to follow, Conrad. He might have been a bit mean to her and didn't want to help Vance, but at this point she thought he might deserve it. After all he liked that woman better than her now and would gladly forget about her. The child got to her feet, feeling better physically after being healed. Her emotions were running high but her magic wasn't acting up, that was good. The small child went chasing after Conrad, knowing the group would probably follow anyways but she didn't want to deal with any of them right now. She was mad at all of them.

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Vance looked back and saw Thea come down with Damian. It wasn't a pretty affair, but Damian healed up her injuries. He was about to go and talk to her, but then he realised. I left her up there by herself. His daughter walked away, over to Conrad. He was speechless. How could I have been so stupid? I forgot about the girl I'm supposed to be protecting! He glanced back at Shani, and realised that he had been a fool. I was pursuing this woman, and then... I forgot my own daughter. I was too busy with whatever I had to say to her to even consider... The nobleman's face fell as the full extent of his mistake hit him. He turned away out of shame, refusing to look at her. She would be upset with him. It was a wonder she wasn't causing some kind of incendiary disaster at the moment. He'd have to find a way to make it up to her. To make up his mistake. Vance had screwed up royal, that much was obvious. He'd figure out something. For now, he'd just have to wait until a later time. It was probably kind of insensitive to bother her now. It wasn't as if she even bothered to come and talk to him. No, it was straight to Conrad. He felt a surge of bitterness towards the other man over that fact. Conrad was always the one making friends. He was always the one with company. Vance knew that he was better than him. That was why it was a tough pill to swallow that everyone seemed to care about the weakling new blood here. The more he thought about it, the more he realised - He really was alone here.

That was fine. He didn't need them. He was better than them all. He was powerful, he was skilled, he was rich and he had influence. He could create binding contracts and alter the effects of time itself! Nobody here could match him. And they never would. That was the fate of anyone that opposed a Dorian. He would prove that he was better than Calxiyn, and even Lucia some time. Yes, Vance Dorian would be the name that the rest of the Guild whispered in reverence for his skill. Not that dagger flinging woman, or the pink haired hussy.

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The City of Ember: The Unknown Regions

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Shani wasn't sure what to make of the whole affair with Thea. She decided it was really none of her business, and she doesn't want to interrupt a private moment. That, and she was worried about Florica, her cherished travel companion. She started walking, and then she heard footsteps "It's back from where we came from, let's go!" Shani ran off, and Zephyros followed behind her. She sighed heavily, it was just an animal, a rabbit. But she saw something she hadn't seen before: Near the beginning of the bridge they had started out, there was a hole in the mountain side. Shani walked into it, and in the darkness saw a hole big enough for a person to fall in.

Wherever Shani was, it was a large fall. Enough for her to be injured by if she hadn't used her hook to make a rope down, and even then she had to jump down into the darkness. The sky was dark, and she felt like she was surrounded by shadows. She saw a light ahead, but was afraid to move in the otherwise utter blackness. The Darkness went on for miles and miles. She looked around but could see nothing.

"Florica!" Shani called into the darkness. She heard a murmur.

"Shani..." She heard a mutter. Shani wrapped her arms around Florica.

"You're bleeding, Florica you're bleeding. I can feel it. Come on we need to go."

"Go into the light."

"Yes, but that light." Shani pointed. "Not God's light. Not yet. Come on Florica. I'll help you stand up."

"Shani... I can't move... you have to get out of here. Now. I feel... a horrible darkness."

"I'm not leaving you. Don't talk like this, come on." Shani cried loudly. "Damian! Vance! Someone help her! Someone needs to help her! She's dying, please help her!" That's when she heard someone or something running out her, and she's pulled out her gun.

Without any hesitation, Zephyros' slid down the rope.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: The Judge's House

[​IMG][​IMG]

The girl then came out from behind a corner. "You're really wizards. Like I read about, in the stories. Please help me!" The girl cried, closing the door behind them.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"He means to marry me Monday! What shall I do I'd rather die!" The women was crying hysterically

"We have a plan-" Caleb tried to interrupt her in order to comfort her, but since other then Skadi, he hadn't had too much experience with women in distress he wasn't sure how to react. There was, in fact no plan. He looked a Dale

"I'll swallow poison on Sunday, that's what I'll do, I'll get some lye!"

"Hey what's our plan?" Caleb whispered to Dale.

"Oh dear, was that a noise?" She jumped in fear.

"A plan-"

"I think I heard a noise!" In her fear she dragged both boys up the stairs.

"A plan-"

"It couldn't be, he's in court, he's in court today still there was a noise wasn't that a noise you must have heard that!" When the women brought both of the boys upstairs, they saw her horrible living conditions. It was worse then being locked up in a cage. There were birds everywhere, but there wasn't a spec of light or happiness to be found among them or inside of the room.

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Town Square

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    "Why thank you young man." The Beadle picked up the handkerchief.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please?! Do you wake every morning in shame and despair to discover your pillow is covered with hair? What ought not to be there?"

The Beadle then looked over at he commotion.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen from now on you can waken with ease. You need never again have a worry or care I will show you a miracle marvelous rare! Gentlemen, you are about to see something what rose from the dead.... On the top of my head! Scarcely a month ago, gentlemen I was suddenly struck with a rare oriental disease. Though the finest physicians in London were called I awakened one morning amazed and appalled to discover with dread that my head was as bald As a novice's knees. I was dying of shame till a gentleman came, an illustrious barber, Pirelli by name. He gave me a liquid as precious as gold - I rubbed it in daily like what I was told. And behold! Less than thirty days old." The boy announced, putting on a show for the people in the streets. "'Twas Pirelli's Miracle elixir- that's what did the trick, sir! True, sir, true, was it quick, sir? Did it in a tick, sir! Just like an elixir ought to do."

The Beadle then looked at his own head.

"I am Mr. Sweeney Todd, and I have serviced no kings, but I bet these razors that I can shave a cheek with 10 times the dexterity in half of the time." Sweeney announced.

"Ha! You see this sciocco, mio signore. I will take you up on that bet." Pirelli laughed.

"Now all we need men to shave... you there!" Sweeney looked at Aias and Rho. "And would the Beadle be so kind to judge this sort of, event?"

"It would be my civil duty, sir."

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

It seemed that there was nothing to be concerned about. The girl from the window had come downstairs and identified them as wizards. He was about to ask how she guessed, but then he realised he was carrying a large staff and a sword and the whole thing made sense. Now that he thought about it, they really did stand out in this place. It was a wonder that they hadn't attracted more notice. That being said, who was to say that they hadn't? It was very easy to pick up a sense of paranoia. Apparently, this girl was pretty volatile. To say the very, very least. Planning to poison herself and crying hysterically... Dale couldn't help feel sorry for the poor girl. Her surrogate father attempting to marry her... The thought of it made him feel sick.
    "It'll be fine, we'-" Before he could finish his sentence he was suddenly and violently pulled away up the stairs. It was hard to get a train of thought together in this environment, let alone say something coherent when one person was having a breakdown and the other one was useless. This was an awkward time, and Dale was truthfully entirely unsure of how to deal with it. When they finally got upstairs and into her room, it was a grim affair. Pitch black, and the familiar smell of birds. Lots of bird **** too. "Bloody hell, the state of this place... We're going to have words with the Judge. I don't know what that noise was, I didn't hear anything, but if something comes then we'll deal with it."

[​IMG]

Vance heard Shani exclaim that something was happening, and so followed. They were trying to find Florica, and as much of a grudge as he held at the world right now, it wouldn't win him any favours to be unhelpful here. The nobleman dutifully followed along, until there it was. The Hole. It was wide enough for a person to fit through, and it was pitch black down there. Shani went in, and Zephyros just behind. He could see the bottom faintly from the light that was cast down the hole, and also that Shani had fired her grappling hook into the roof of the cave. He took a deep breath. The only way was down at this point, and he had to climb. (Rolling to see if fail - Vance is not a fail, 17. Suck it Damian, Dorian superiority!) He reached down and grabbed the rope then lowered the rest of his body in. Solid ground left him and his hands slipped down the rope. He panicked and gripped harder, braking his fall. Slowly, Vance lowered himself down. By the time he reached the bottom, he was white as a sheet but alive. Which, by the sounds of it, was more than Florica could say. He looked sadly at where Shani knelt with Florica in her arms.
    "I am sorry, both of you." Vance said genuinely, although what he was sorry for even he was not sure of. Perhaps he simply regretted crossing their paths. Perhaps their fates would have been averted if it were not for that one night, in a tavern. At least he was looking for Thea that time. Before he could say anything else, Shani stood up as something was coming. Vance raised his staff and fired off a bolt of lightning in that general direction, sending a flash of what would be blinding light in this darkness out against those gathered and not expecting it, nor used to the light.

14. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    "Don't move!" The girl yelled. Zephyros then watched as Vance fired a lighting bolt, and Zephyros tackled her.

"Hey!" She shouted, but then she realized that Zephyros was trying to help her. "Oh, thank you. Wait." The girl stood up, looking at Vance. "Electricity!? In your fingers?!" The young girl shouted.

"You could have killed her too!" Shani shouted, her voice full of anguish. As the light disappeared, Zephyros then put his fire magic on the ground. It lit up dimly.

"And you, what is that?... Are you Angels...?" The girl's voice trialed off. She then looked at Florica. She could now see the extent of Florica's injuries, and a pool of blood forming below her. "I'll ask questions later. We need to get your friend back to town. I'm a Messenger. Let me go get a Doctor. I can run very fast." The girl replied.

"Please. Please, someone needs to save her." Shani cradled her friend in her arms. The young girl nodded, and then she ran back into the city. "Damian needs to heal her, he needs to heal her so she can hold it out until that girl comes back. Come on Florica, stay with me." Shani then took Vance's hand in her own. "Vance... I'm sorry..." Her voice trialed off. She wasn't sure of what to say. She was chocking on her words.

15. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

A young girl's voice called out from the darkness as he let loose with the blast of lightning. His chest seized up and his dropped his staff. In the flash of light, he saw Zephyros tackling the girl down and the bolt flying past them to detonate harmlessly against the cave wall. He staggered back in shock. I almost killed her. I almost... Killed her. She doesn't look a day older than Thea and I... I... Gods preserve me... Shani was shouting at him. He took the criticism numbly. He looked down at the staff, at the hand that held it. The hand that almost became the hand of a killer. He stared at his hand, somehow even paler now. His body trembled. He was vaguely aware of a fire being lit and there was light. He could see in his peripheral vision the blood beneath Florica, and it didn't look good. There were words, but they tumbled over his head as if he were hearing them from far, far away. He felt a hand clasp around his own and saw it was Shani's. He remembered what Florica had said, what Shani was saying on the way down. How all of that had led to him ignoring Thea, who was supposed to be his daughter. How he had almost killed a child! He wanted to tear his hand away. To tell her not to touch him. Not to come near him. But he didn't. He felt weak. He couldn't bring himself to.
    "Shani..." Vance rasped, his throat dry from the shock. He swallowed, restoring some moisture to his mouth. "I'm sorry too... Damian will be here soon... He'll be here soon... He can heal Florica, like he healed Thea. It'll be okay. And Conrad will look after Thea and I'll... I'll be right here." Vance squeezed her hand in an attempt to be comforting, but he couldn't bring himself to look down. He simply stared down the tunnel, towards the direction the little girl had gone. The girl he had nearly killed.

16. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Ow. Straining to get up Damian winced, his back hurt like hell. He could probably heal it, and raised his hand to attempt it when suddenly he heard cries and people running off in the other direction. If someone else needed his help he couldn't waste his magical energy on himself. He would live. Limping quickly Damian eventually arrived at the hole, deep down in the dark he could hear Shani, Vance and... Florica! They'd found her! Going as quickly as possible Damian clambered down into the hole and arrived at the scene, in pain from his back all the way down. "What happened? Nevermind, lay her down" Damian was once again all business mode "Shani, lay pressure on the bleeding wound" Damian retrieved bandages from his pack and patched up some of the wounds "Vance, keep watch" As he analysed the woman he muttered something about lacerations and bruises, before finally closing his eyes and holding his hands over Florica, as though about to do something dramatic. He channelled the power of the Sky God Slayer to imbue Florica with healing, it seemed to be putting a strain on the man but he continued desperately. He could not let another person die on his watch.

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Shani did as she was told by Damian, letting go of Vance's hand.

"We're coming!" The girl return. "I'm sorry, when I told him people were down here he didn't believe me!" The girl crossed her arms. "This doctor has been taking care of my grandmother for years, he can help her. Can't you Gram?" The small girl asked him. He had his medical tools and supplies, but was baffled by what he was seeing in front of them. He seemed standoffish, but looked down at Florica and realized he didn't have the time to question anything, even if it all confused him so.

"She fell from the sky, Gram." The young girl told him. "But she'll be alright, won't she?"

"I'm surprised that she is alive this long, Lina." The doctor took a flask out of his bag, and gave it to Florica to drink. He grabbed something else from the darkness, a stretcher.

"They're Angels, Gram. They have magic. That's why she's living." Lina told him.

"We need to take her to my practice."

"But what about the people in Ember?"

"It is still early in the morning, Lina, no one will be around to see her."

Zephyros and Shani both lifted Florica onto the bed. She was asleep now due to what she had drank. "Damian, keep using magic on her, please." Shani pleaded with him. Shani helped the doctor wheel her away from the scene, and into the light they could make out from fair away, Damian with her as well. Lina stayed with Vance and Zephyros, and looked up from where they had fallen. She couldn't see the light from the opening from here, as it was very far away.

"I'm sorry, about your friend. But she'll be okay, don't worry. Gram is the best Doctor in all of Ember." Lina told Vance. "I know you're worried, and I wish I could meet you under better circumstances, but, anyway, my name's Lina. I'm 12 years old and I just graduated school. I'm a Messenger, which means I deliver notes all across the city to very important people and friends, sometimes. Also gossip sometimes. You hear a lot of things when you're a Messenger. I never thought I'd meet Angels before. Are there more of you up there?" She pointed. "I bet there are. Anyway, you guys look kind of odd, nothing like us. Especially you're friends." She tried to Zephyros. "Their skin is very dark, but that doesn't make you any less beautiful of Angels." She then turned back to Vance. "You're more pale, like us, except for your hair." She stood up on her toes to touch it. "It feels the same though." She stepped down. "Anyway, I don't think you should go with the doctor. You'll draw way too much attention to yourselves, you look so different. Oh! I know, you should come with me to the Pipeworks. My friend Doon will be there early, I think. He isn't really supposed to be, but we're looking for something. Maybe you could help us after all. Maybe that's why you were sent here. We need to find a way out of Ember, our City is dying."

Zephyros looked at the young girl in a questioning sort of look. Zephyros had no idea what to say to her, or how the group could even help them. How many people were there in this City? Zephyros had to accept that this would be no City of Gold. Zephyros looked at Vance, not knowing what to say to a young girl who thought that they were angels.

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

The Island Expedition: On The Island
    Beucette used Sliding Dash. It did 14 damage, but with Strength, Speed and Weapon (28 + 24 + 9) it did 75 damage.
    Aoki used Arcane Bolt. It did 18 damage but with Magic and Weapon (9 + 27) 54 damage.
    Virgo used a Basic attack. Her fists dealt 9 damage, but with Strength and Speed (18 + 4) it did 31 damage.
    Alessia used Thunder Surge. It did 32 damage, but with Magic and Speed (4 + 15) it did 61 damage.
    Ander used Fire Dash. It did 16 damage, but with Magic, Speed and Weapons (2 + 27 + 17) it did 62 damage.

In total, everyone did 283 damage. Rip Rip

The Island Expedition: On The Island
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Monster fell, and the group followed Johanna, Antonio and Frazer down into the hole, where they found them to be in an crocodiles pit. Johanna, who had turned into an crocodile herself, was trying to reason with them. That's when, through the trees, a women with a spear stood on the cliff across from them.

"Shiro, Rover, Wally." The crocodiles turned to the women. "I don't need your help, don't try to pass off eating trespassers as you trying to assist me. No, not even a little piece. Yes I know. I'll call on you if I need you. Thank you." The crocodiles swam away.

Antonio looked up, not believing what he was seeing. "Is this girl talking to the crocodiles?" Johanna transformed back into herself.

The woman pointed her spear at Johanna, Ezekiel, Frazer, Antonio as well as the rest of the group. "Why don't you explain yourselves before I decide which one of you to feed to Shiro." The woman threw her spear, it barely missing Antonio's head. After a moment, the spear vanished, and returned in her hand.

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

The monster fell and it was over. It was fearsome, but it didn't prove to be much more of an issue. She removed her sword from the creature's body and walked over to look down the cliff to see if Johanna and the others were alright. It looked like quite the opposite. There was water down there, lots of it, which must have been how they survived, and then there were crocodiles. One of them seemed to be standing next to Frazer and Antonio. She reasoned that this must have been Johanna. Alessia jumped down, seeing that business with her armour might not be quite finished yet. There was an almighty splash as she fell and her armour and body rattled with the force of the landing. She was, however, alive and well as were the others. When the voice echoed from nearby, Alessia looked up with the sword still in her hands The crocodiles swam away at her command and Alessia eyed the woman suspiciously. Her suspicion was vindicated when she threw the spear, it barely missing one of their party only for it to return. The Knight slipped into a combat stance, both hands on her blade which she held at shoulder height and pointed at the woman. She glared.
    "Why don't you try that spear trick again and see where that gets you and your crocodile friends?" She challenged. "We're here exploring this place as peacefully as we can. Care to offer the same respect?"

[​IMG]

Vance felt Shani's hand slip away as Damian arrived, taking him back to the situation at hand. The shock was wearing off. He didn't feel so out of it now, but he didn't feel good. There was a painful lump in his throat and he could have sworn he felt a tear running down his cheek. He hastily wiped his eyes with his hand to remove any evidence of his weakness from sight. At least, so he hoped. If Damian was here then it wouldn't be long until Conrad came over with Thea and he couldn't let either of the two of them see that he was feeling weak. Damian at least, was harmless. Even if he was hanging around in his bed after what he now understood to be some kind of drunken night out. He blamed Edric.

As he was considering this, the little girl that he had almost killed came up to him and started speaking to him as if it was nothing. Referring to him, and the others, as Angels. Angels? And she was referencing a city. One, that he deduced from conversation, was named Ember. A city that was dying. And that didn't seem to openly bother her. The situation was becoming seemingly quite grim. He looked at the girl, then glanced away. He couldn't look at her. The more she spoke, the worse the pain in his throat got. She was innocent, completely. Idealistic, she had dreams. She touched his hair as if it was nothing, as if it were normal. As if she had no fear. How couldn't she fear? He had almost killed her! He forced himself to look at her. She was pale, ever so pale and her hair the same colour as her skin. Were his hair white, he wouldn't look too much different.

"Yes, there are more of us." He spoke, taking a deep breath. "You know this place better than I. If you recommend the pipeworks then, let us go I suppose."

20. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Conrad had gone off in a cold mindset, but stopped immediatly and spun on his heel as he heard the shriek of Thea falling and cursed, they were wasting time! They couldn't use this at all not now, he turned back around and walked off again, not knowing Thea would follow him, he heard Shani yell about footsteps, really? Really? He was going back the way they had come but seperately from the others with Thea in tow. As all the others had descended down the newly formed hole, one that hadn't been there before and while he really wanted to go and see what was beyond those heavy wooden doors it seemed that leaving the group would spell doom upon him. He stood near the edge of the hole, figuring he was the last one that had to go down, but before doing so he looked around and saw Thea had been following him around. Vance had forgotten about her and he wasn't gonna leave Thea behind. He bend his knees a bit and knelt in front of Thea so their eyes were level. "Thea, I know it is hard for you to trust me, but I won't let you fall, I swear it on the mercy of the Mother." He offered her his hand, the sounds coming from the bottom of the hole didn't bode too well. He took hold of the rope and wrapped it once around his upper left leg and then around his back and through his armpit for a controlled descent and looked at Thea "Hold on tightly wrap your legs around my back even, the way a monkey does." He said as he took hold of the girl, another advantage of this position was that he could support Thea with his free leg.

They descended down the hole into the darkness he let the rope slide around his leg , using his left hand for control of the rope while his right arm was half wrapped around Thea and holding the rope above their heads.(Rolled for Conrad's succes on this attempt, 19 that's definitely a pass. Von Eisenstein superiority FTW) As they descended he noticed Thea was getting a little bit scared and he paused, pulling the rope tight to hang in mid air, about halfway through and said "Thea, look at me, I'm right here with you. I won't let you fall, I promise. We're almost there, just a little longer." He spoke in a kind tone as he continued their descent. Vance's lightning crackled through the cavern and Zephyros was yelling something that couldn't have been good. He continued the descent and found Florica, Vance, Shani, Zephyros and Damian already there. Damian was trying to heal Florica who didn't look too well. Were they too late? Had another person been ripped away around him? As he set his feet on the stone floor he bent again allowing Thea to stand on the ground as well before untangling himself from the line. Some girl came running back with another man and before he could say anything, if he even wanted to say anything, the man, Shani and Damian vanished into the cavern, leaving only himself, Thea, Zephyros and Vance. And the girl started to talk to Vance who seemed to be struggling with something, Conrad didn't say anything. The girl was pale and suggested they would go to the pipeworks. "Lead us there." Conrad said calmly, he himself had white hair too and noticed he wasn't too different from these people. Seeing Thea had been with him he decided to stick around the girl, looking over her since Vance was doing such a marvelous job at it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.