In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The kick to the face certainly caused Derk to stumble back. "Ow! Why did you do that?" The man whined as he looked at the person who kicked him only to get shot numerous times, causing him to crumble to the ground. "Ow!" He said before looking up at Quinn with hating eyes. "You hurt me! How dare you hurt me!" He screamed as he tried to get up off the ground as pain wracked his body. Even so he didn't stop trying to get up, he was pissed. Well that was until Evanora put the chains on him.

"What are you doing? Stop it! I don't like it!" Derk yelled at Evanora. Longer the chains were on the more he felt his powers fading. "What are you doing. I feel funny." Derk complained before starting to panic. He couldn't do much and he felt funny and he hurt. "Trevor help! Stop them please!" Derk begged to get no response from Trevor. This of course only freaked Derk out more but he couldn't do much as Johanna took him upstairs for healing.

"Let me go! I need to hurt the person who hurt Trevor and the person who hurt Derk!" Derk spoke in third person for no reason. He didn't easily listen to Johanna asking him to stay still even though he could feel his thrashing and anger hurting him. Even if he could get out of the chains it would be incredibly difficult for Derk to go after them with the bullets in his knees still. It didn't mean he wouldn't try but he wished he could. "They deserve to be hurt!" Derk continued to protest, hoping Johanna would eventually listen and help him hurt Cassandra and Quinn.
    [​IMG]
    So after being taken out by Silvia she got back to her feet and healed both herself and then Gaius. "Good job you deserved to win." Silvia told him quietly as she turned her back to her opponent to leave. Thoughts of running away still ran through her mind. "I hope that your next opponent is a better match up then being stuck with me." The young girl said. With that she walked away, if Gaius followed he could but she didn't expect him to because why would he care what went on with her, very few did. Perhaps if she was going to leave, now during the tournament was the best time to do so.

2. Skyheart Joker

After having finished her first round, Lucia was pumping herself up for the next round. As she was keeping herself warm and ready for the fight, she walked out as the second rounds had started. When she looked at her opponent, she immediately got some sort of extremely off feeling. The person before her didn't seem to be overwhelmingly imposing in terms of any sort of strength, but she just got this really bad vibe from him. She had a slight feeling that this was probably her worst matchup that she could possibly have, but she was just going to go with the hand she was dealt and fight at mach speed and stuff. Getting her knives ready, she took off as fast as she could go using Poison Edge on Aias.

With very short time in between her matches, Charlotte was already ready for her next fight. Having dealt a finishing blow to Thomas, she was already pit against her next opponent. A person with blue hair who wielded a curious weapon, one that she recognized to a certain extent. Regardless, she didn't seem like an overly imposing foe, though Charlotte couldn't let her guard down just yet. So, she had her blade at the ready as her opponent seemed to also get ready to attack. The two of them, once signaled that they could fight, went at it by using fairly similar moves. Charlotte, cloaked in lightning and Aoki cloaked in fire, the two charged towards each other and struck the other one, with Aoki being being just a bit faster than Charlotte.
    Aoki used Fire Dash and Charlotte used Thunder Surge.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "You hit a lot harder than you look. Thanks for the fight, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did" the young fire mage said, before his attention was grabbed by Jack. "Yeah, who're you?" he questioned, before hearing his name called out once again. Geez, he'd only just finished the fight and he was going to have to go again? It was a good thing he was so experienced with fighting or else he'd probably be exhausted. Wiping away a single bead of sweat from his brow, he hurried over to where Zephyr was. He stood there for a moment, sizing his opponent up. He hadn't seen this person before, what a way to greet them. Without a word, he dove forward and swung with tremendous force, using Binding Strike.

[​IMG]
    Skadi had been watching from the sidelines after her fight. Her body ached a bit, but other than that she felt fine, just a little fatigued. The moment she'd seen Gaius beat Silvia she had stood up and began walking over towards Silvia. She could congratulate Gaius, but given it was a tournament he'd have another fight soon and holding him up would only irritate him, but she could go talk to her friend. "Hey! Silvia! Nice job! I've never seen Gaius look so serious in a friendly fight, you really had him going there!" she complimented.

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa looked at Caliborn as he spoke to her. Her eyes went wide as she listened to what he had said. She felt like she was being torn apart. She wanted to give in, but at the same time another part of her wanted to show Caliborn that she could stand her ground, that when she said she had a heart of stone that she truly meant it. She tried to think of anything that would drive him away from her, away from doing something so reckless like go to The Tower of Heaven.

"I was just putting on a show, Caliborn. I already live a lie, so it doesn't matter anyway. And with that in mind d
    on't flatter yourself, you think you hurt me Caliborn? Now you're just being conceded." She spoke convincingly, and in an almost aggressively teasing manner, as if she were making a fool of him. She had decided. Her heart would have broken if it wasn't turned to stone, without it she would never be able to say such terrible things to the person she loved so dearly.

"You think I wouldn't risk you? Well you're wrong. Do whatever you want. I don't care about you or the other Guild Members you lead into their own deaths. I don't care what happens to you Caliborn. You mean nothing to me. You never did and you never will. The only reason I said what I said was so you would take my side and represent me in the trial. It wasn't because I was opening up to you, it wasn't because there ever was another 'Mikasa'. I did it to get what I wanted and so I wouldn't get sent to a jail, not because we're friends, not because I love you." She barked at him angrily. It sounded as if she had the utmost confidence in what she had been telling him. "You should have stayed out of it Caliborn. You should have let them. Because you're wrong about me."

"You let your emotions get in the way of the truth, and that's why I'll always beat you. You're pathetic, Caliborn." One of her hands went behind her head and moved to take off the necklace he had given her, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. To cover this up she lifted it quickly to further rattle the chains.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Because Magick has neither the time nor the ambition to read through thirty some posts and try to figure out her life, she decided that Tessa is going to make an extremely awkward post based on an update behind the scenes from @Vladek515 (thank you!)

She had finished her stew a while ago, and folded her hands in her lap. Interesting travel stories? Well there was that one time with the beads....She shook her head, nearly smiling. That one wasn't appropriate for company. Then there was the time she had to steal a llama....but she didn't want to admit to the crime and be arrested for theft.

"The place I came from had these really pretty birds, with these feathers that glowed in the dark. They used to fly at night, and way up in the sky they looked like glowbugs." She offered, clenching and unclenching her hands. Those birds were carnivorous, and had tried to eat her shortly after she had seen them, but it seemed like a nice thing to say.

With that post completed, Magick drifted back into her hellish hole to await the next response, this time promising that she would try to keep up better as long as people didn't type novels every page.

6. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

He couldn't deny that what Mikasa said hurt. But he refused to believe it entirely. He knew that she was angry, and he knew that she was scared. She was throwing up every wall that she could to hide herself, to try and get away from the truth, but he would not give up. He knew words like these. They were designed to hurt, to target the seams. And they did. But that was not going to make him falter. Although he came close, he noticed something. He saw her reaching for the necklace that he had given her, clearly with the intention of taking it off. It was there for a split second, and that was enough. The hesitation. She began to rattle it a little, as if to provoke him, but he had seen it. She couldn't bring herself to do it.
    "Sure, you might tell me that but I don't think you believe it. I don't think you've ever believed that. Because there's more to your life than the trial! You're telling me the trial was fake? As if I believe that! And I definitely don't believe it because you couldn't have maintained that mask for all those years. All the years I've known you, you've followed me and worked with me. We've been a team, and I know you. No, you had nothing to gain for all those times. There was nothing you could have gained from me after we got through the S-Class trials. I had absolutely nothing to offer you." Caliborn shot back, refusing to back down. "You followed me, worked with me, all that time for a reason. And that reason is because you hoped for something more. You didn't want to use me, you enjoyed my company! 'Never loved me'? Don't make me laugh! Ask Johanna, or Dale, or even Cassandra and Evanora! They could tell you that you did! You didn't have anything to do with them for the most part and yet here we are, you and I arguing! If you're as cold as you want to make us believe, you would have just left as soon as you were S-Class. So there's no lie that can convince me here, because the rest of your life tells me otherwise!" It was time to point out her error. The one thing that was the obvious hole.
    "Mikasa, I know that you're there. It's a very simple reason." Caliborn nodded at the necklace. "You're still wearing it. Everything else, your scarf, your jacket, your manoeuvre gear and your blades, but that necklace is still there. And it's still on your neck. You're not dead inside Mikasa, you're not made of stone. I know you're in there, the woman I've known for years."

7. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa started laughing again. "Nothing to gain, ha. What about the entire Guild? The only way to gain Evanoras trust would be to go on missions and complete the S-Class trials. And the only way to gain the trust of the Second Of Command and take his place would be to seduce him into giving me his spot, is that correct?" Mikasa looked at him, her eyes almost like daggers.

"If I left then I wouldn't be able to be a Guild Master. I'm no where near done with this Guild. You've think you've outsmarted me by saying those things but you haven't, you're just as naive." She snorted. "Boys are supposed to be easy, but it's too bad that I got stuck with you. Maybe if it were Trevor I could have made better progress, but I'll never get past you." She looked Caliborn straight in the eye with crazed amusement.

"And this?" Mikasa looked at the necklace. She then, with one final punch to Caliborns self removed it, and tossed it to Caliborn. "Have it." She laughed again. "I don't need anything from you anymore."

8. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Face it Mikasa, I never would have had given that Guild Master title to you. It wouldn't have worked. And besides, you've been trying to seduce me, it hasn't worked a bit." He put his hands on his hips and looked at her disapprovingly as she tried to make herself seem a little bit more attractive. She was flaunting herself a little bit, but he had no intention of falling under the spell. There was more serious business at hand. "And your petty attempts aren't going to work now. And Trevor? No. He's got George and Derk in his head. You'd never have got anywhere. George is too power hungry and he'd never have given anything to you. He's far too self interested. You'd have been used up for all your worth and thrown away." Needless to say, his opinion of Trevor's other personas was not exactly high. Derk was too unstable and George was simply unlikeable. She was acting a little superior, but he was still getting a step ahead of her. However... As soon as she stood up and threw the necklace at him, his resolve fell. He caught it nimbly. She doesn't need anything from me anymore? So, is she really... Going to just... He took a step back, shocked and looked down at the thing in his hand. But then he remembered- The look in her eyes. A glare of crazed amusement. His fist tightened around the necklace and he looked up at her.
    "I see... So you're going to take cheap shots now..." Caliborn did his best to keep his tone and face even, despite the anger that she would sink so low to take cheap shots at him. "Is that what it has come down to? Just trying to be as hurtful as possible? That just goes to show... You're trying to deny what I'm saying. You have to do this because there's no other defence. I'm not going to lose to your spite."

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa scoffed at him. "Oh no, you got your feelings hurt? That's just common practice around here it seems."

"Why do I need to defend myself to you? You have no power over me Caliborn. You have no power because I don't care about anything anymore. Nothing matters, there's nothing to defend." She could feel a sunken feeling inside her chest. Why was she doing this? She didn't want to hurt Caliborn. She wanted Calivorn to have kept his arms around her to comfort her. She didn't want this, whatever this was, yet she couldn't stop herself. He would never forgive her if she continued, but the idea that she would die anyway persisted. "Why don't you just leave me alone? No one has any use for you Caliborn. The girls don't have your consent and so they're done with you, everyone else is doing the tournament and you don't need to watch the little brat anymore cause she's fighting normally. You're useless." She continued. "Face it, you can't let go. That's why you're so hellbent on me staying this way. It's because without me you have nothing except a title and some power over the younger members. You can't let go because me there's no one for you to baby. You have no family, so I'm really all you have left isn't it, or else you'll have to start over. All you're thinking about is yourself Caliborn. Just admit it."

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"You're right in some ways. People don't need me. And you're right, my family are too far away. I could go back, but really, there's nothing there for me. And you're right, all that I really have is my position and the power that I have over some people in this Guild." Caliborn replied. She wasn't making any good points now, it was just petty complaining and this one, this splashed harmlessly against the fortress walls of his mind. Almost out of spite, but also out of pride, he smiled. She had reminded him of something. His pride. He was proud of what he had in the Guild. He was proud of what he could do there, why he stayed at the Guild. "But you see Mikasa, you didn't think about something. Why do you think I'm at the Guild? You're right, I'm not needed. And that's fine. Because despite not being needed, there's still a lot that I can do. Other guild members can look to me for advice, for comfort. Something that people need at times. I can lead people on missions, help developing wizards come into their own. I'm proud of what I do Mikasa. I have my pride in what I do. So, I don't need you, Mikasa. It's not about me not wanting to let go of you. I just don't think that you're right. And I think you're making a mistake. You're in front of me, telling me that you want to die, that there's nothing for you to live for and that it's all over. It isn't. There's more for you to live for Mikasa, a lot more of it, the world is full of things for you to live for. You just haven't found them yet." He made sure to lock eyes with her, to let her see that he was proud of himself. There was no fear, no anger and no regret. The more he spoke about himself, about what he had to say, about what he thought, the more confidence he got. He stood up to his full height as he continued.
    "That Mikasa, is what I live for. I live to see more of what this world has to offer. All of the strange things and the beautiful things that exist out there, I want to see them all." Caliborn explained. "And that, is what I want with you. I want you to be able to live, I want as many people to be able to see the world and what lies within it. I want you to see all the things that this world has to offer, especially now that I know what happened. I don't blame you for thinking that there's nothing in this world for you to live for, nothing good that you want to experience. I just think you're wrong, and I hope that you'll be able to see the things that I see. There's a lot wrong, but there's a lot right. Mikasa, there's more to our world than we can possibly know. Surely there's something you have to live for, to like, to love. And I'll be here with you, helping you find it. Because you mean a lot to me. If I could only share what few things I have seen with someone, it would be you. And if there were someone that I'd like to travel with and explore with, that would be you too. So do you see now, even if just a little, why I'm standing here talking to you?"

11. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa listened as Caliborn spoke. She would never love him as much as in this moment when he was standing their strongly, proud of himself. She wanted to give in but she just couldn't. She had fought this far and she had to keep fighting. If she went back on it now Caliborn would never forgive her. There was no undoing this. "There was something I wanted to live for, Caliborn. I already found it. But you know what? It stabbed me in the back." She gave him a dirty look as she sat back down. "If I meant so much to you, then you wouldn't have hurt me like you had."

"I can see why you're here, but that doesn't make it any less of a fool's folly. It's a meaningless effort. I don't want anything to do with you anymore Caliborn. You can take your delusions of grandeur and stick them up your ass." She lied down on her cot and turned away from him, looking out of the window.

12. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I'm sorry that you couldn't have what you wanted exactly. And you do mean a lot to me, but that doesn't mean that I should lie to you and tell you what you want. That's not how things work. I stand by what I've said. And the love that I do have for you won't change - I'll still care for you. I still do. If I could love you the way you wanted, I'm sure I would." Caliborn spoke, still unwavering and unfaltering. He wasn't going to give up like this. Admittedly, it did sting when she threw everything that he had said back in his face, but that was the way of things. This wasn't going to be an easy fight. She was stubborn, and didn't want to admit defeat yet. "If you didn't want anything to do with me then you wouldn't have argued with me in the first place. This entire conversation would never have happened. And perhaps I do dream grandly, but is there anything wrong with that? Is there anything wrong with trying to share something with someone you care about? I don't think there is. And well, as you said. I haven't got anything else really. I may as well stick to my fools' errands until I run out of life. After all, we Wizards can live a long time, and I am patient." She lay down and faced away. Now she just looked sad. As if she were looking outside, and wishing that she could be out there. That's how she looked to him at least. Almost... A little desperate. As if there was something out of the window that would take the pain away. If that was what it was then... That was exactly the point he was trying to make all along.
    "You know, it doesn't have to be like this. You don't have to shout, or argue. You don't have to make yourself this way. I know you're hurt, but still. This isn't how things have to be. They never were, even when we argued before. We have, but you never once thought this necessary." He said.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  13. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa still spoke, looking from the window. "I think you misunderstood. This has nothing to do with the feelings you do or do not have. You lead me on, Caliborn, all these years. You buy me a necklace. You exploited me for my fighting talents and whatever else, to fill a hole you had." She continued, her voice monotone before she sighed. "You can sit there day and night Caliborn, but this goes deeper then some silly schoolgirl crush. You betray my friendship, you betray my trust, to me you're just another traitor. You're no better then Xross." Mikasa's voice broke, but she regained herself, trying her hardest not to crack under any pressure.

14. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"The necklace? I did that because I knew you had been upset, and I thought that it would make you happy. Your fighting talents? You came to the Guild. We worked together as a team. I asked you to work with me because you were alone, and I saw no reason why you should have to stand alone. I have could have worked with others, but I knew that they would have team mates." Caliborn replied, a great deal more quiet now. The mood of the conversation was constantly shifting. How could he get through to her? And then she compared him to the man that betrayed her at the Tower of Heaven. He understood some of the parallels, but still thought it an unfair comparison. Of course, how could she know his intentions? "There's a difference, between he and I. I know I made a mistake. I want to correct that. Something that he never did. He was never sorry for stabbing you in the back. I'd hoped that after all of this time you'd know that I meant you no ill will. I see now." He felt almost like saying that he was sorry he even spoke to her. But that was petty, and it wasn't going to help. He wasn't there to reinforce her broken mindset. He would have to keep trying until he ran out of options. There was only so long that this could keep going, and it felt like things were entering their closing stages. Neither were arguing as strongly as before. It seemed as if she truly wasn't going to budge. He heard her voice crack, because of the pain of everything. He felt terrible for her, for what she was suffering. And there was seemingly nothing that he could do.
    "So, are you truly unwilling to make peace with me?" Caliborn asked sadly. Depending on her response, everything would be decided. If he hadn't gotten through now... Then he never would. "Do you hate me that much, for my mistakes?"

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa heard the sadness in Caliborn's voice. "It's too late now..." She shook her head. A tear went down her face, hidden from view. She touched it. So much for being made of stone...

"No matter what I say I've done too much damage now. You'll hate me so what's the point..." She coughed to hide her voice catching. "It's all too late... it's too late for me." She spoke hopelessly. "You'll be better off now, Caliborn." She didn't turn to look at him. Her voice was a mix of anguish and hopelessness. "You're better off without me, you'll be happier without me. Without everything that I am and that I'm not. Without me you'll be happy Caliborn, do you see now?" She questioned. And with that she had told him she loved him, as well as why her actions had been so extreme. "It's better if I'm gone, it's better for you. I'm nothing but a burden. I'll never be able to make you happy or to even be happy myself. I can't protect you from inside this tower, I can't do anything. It's better this way."

[​IMG]
    "No one deserves to be hurt no matter how horrible their crimes." Johanna said as sweetly as she could. "Now shut up and be quiet." Johanna snapped at him.

16. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Ander's pov: ( During the tournament)

Ander baner.png

He stood by a wall over looking the tournament. He looked up where the s class members were sitting and noticed that Caliborn was missing. He slightly wondered where the man was. He wondered what the man thought about all of this. The tournament and this fighting. He looked back at the tournament going on. Luckily no one has got seroursly injured or killed. He looked at Evanora, this was some game to her. It was a stupid game. It was a dangerous road. He had seen things that no one should see. With Caliborn gone the chance of someone getting hurt was increased. If something happened there was not much that could be done. He continued to watch the tournament looking for any danger. Someone getting seriously hurt was bond to happen. He would continue to watch the tournament until it was over or until Caliborn cam back. He could not let anyone get hurt and the best way to do that was to heal them. Evanora was not going to change her mind about the tournament so the next best thing was to make sure that no one got hurt. He continued to look and watch when he spotted a strange rock thing. It was unusual in a way. (Malkira) He watched it move and do things. It could be an act of magic from someone, but it seemed to move with a soul. There was something to it. What ever this was it was a person in some way. Magic did this to what ever this thing was. He could help this thing, but how to do it. Call out hay giant moving bolder seemed a bit rude. He did not now the name of the thing so calling it by name seemed out. "Hello," he said to the thing (Malkira). He pulled out the key around his neck. 'You are sopost to unlock the answers to everything,' he said to himself. Does every question rely have an answer? He was not so sure anymore. He did not know he was meant to find the answer. Maybe he was just to live, by and just let it come and go. He could not say. He wondered if the rock thing would make its way over to him.

17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"That's where you're wrong, Mikasa." He said as soon as she told him that he would be happier without her. He crossed the distance between himself and her cot, then sat down next to her. He debated for just a second, before doing it, knowing that it was a risk, but right now... Right now he felt that this is what she needed. He pulled Mikasa into a gentle hug. "No, I don't hate you. I couldn't hate you. And it's not too late. I'm still here, and you haven't driven me away at all. And it's not better if you're gone, why would you say that? We're a team, you and I. You're someone that I can't replace. You're no burden to me. And I wish you wouldn't say things like that about yourself, because it isn't true." Caliborn held Mikasa a little tighter, as if to show her that she wasn't worthless. She was important. She always was. However she had gotten it into her that she wasn't, he had no idea. But she needed to understand now, more than ever, that she was totally wrong.
    "It wouldn't never be better if you're gone. I'd miss you." He whispered as he held her. "And if you can't protect me in here, then come out here with me. I promise, I'll get you out as soon as I can."

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Mikasa pressed herself into his hug as he put his arms around her, like she had wanted to all this time. Her single crying then broke out in a deep sobbing. "I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry, Caliborn. I'll try and earn back your trust, and your forgiveness." She spoke to him softly and she put his arms around her. "If you let me, I will do that. I don't want you to think ill of me." She continued, she took a deep breath before her tears stopped being as heavy and she smiled at him, though it was a bit painfully. "Thank you, Caliborn... again, I am really sorry..."

19. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Yes they do! He hurt me! He deserves to be equally as hurt!" Derk yelled out, struggling against the restraints only to feel pain course through his body. "Make it stop!" He then whined at Johanna. He tried to turn into satin soul in order to get free and go hurt those who hurt him and Trevor, however that didn't work. "Why isn't it working?! Work damn it it! Work!" It was clear on Derk's face that he was beginning to panic. He didn't know how to handle the situation and yet he couldn't seem to get any other personality to take over. Trevor couldn't even be felt in the mind at that point and George was staying far away. "Make it stop. I don't like this. I am scared." Derk continued to complain.

[​IMG]
    Silvia didn't respond to Gaius instead heading for somewhere quiet. However that was when Skadi decided to call out to her. Silvia slowly made her way over to meet Skadi. "You don't have to try to be nice like that. I know that I didn't do well. I am not good at fighting. I am not good for much really." Silvia said quietly convinced that Skadi was just trying to be nice and cheer her up. "He deserved a better partner than me any how, it probably would have made the fight more fun." She said as she continued to walk over to the bench to sit down.

20. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Malkira was slightly irritated, and humbled. Knocked out of the tournament in the first round? Preposterous, he was Malkira! The Champion of the East, freer of slaves! He was... nothing like what he was. He had to face the facts that he was a statue now, nothing but a massive, dumb, ugly creature of stone. Suddenly he heard a greeting from below and looked down to see one of the other people in the guild (Ander). "Oh, greetings. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting on this fine occasion? A fellow failed combatant of the tournament? It seems luck is not on our side" Malkira tried to seem happy but really he was disappointed, even after all this time trying to gain more experience, he was still nowhere near as powerful as he used to be. Nevertheless, at least his soul was the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.