In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

He truly did not understand Mikasa, not like he thought that he did. He wanted to smile, to be thankful that he had managed to bring her happiness. He was glad that her world was a little less dark because of him, but he wept instead, Caliborn's resolve ran out, and the man allowed himself to fall to his knees. He felt weak. He was afraid that this moment would come, and he was not at all ready for it. Her beaming smile, offset by the tears that had been rolling down her cheek. He could see now, that he was her light, the only thing that had kept her truly alive for so long. She loved him. Somehow, that girl ten years apart from him had quietly fallen in love with the man that had stood with her. He couldn't blame her. She was happy, she had wanted to tell him for so long, he could see that and yet... This only made Caliborn truly cry. For lack of anything else he could do, the dragonslayer placed his forehead on to the thigh, utterly despondent. He was breaking apart at all the seams.

Mikasa had shared the love she had with him, but he had none to give back. Not what she wanted. How could he tell her now, in the face of everything that was happening, that he did not feel the same romantic love? That she was a girl that he cared deeply for, but never had romantic interest in? How could he say that, and destroy the most beautiful smile the world would ever see? Because it surely was. For there was happiness, for their way joy and bliss where there should not be in any. For someone who had seemed so dead, she danced and radiated life in this moment. Who was he to crush all that? He wanted to scream. Words alone could not define the primal anguish in his heart. This wasn't fair, it wasn't fair to either her or him. Possibly the last time they would see each other, and he was forced into this. They were forced into a situation like this. How was he supposed to do anything? What could he even do now?

"This isn't fair..." Caliborn spoke hoarsely between teary gasps and breaths. "What kind of luck is this... Now of all times..." He lifted his head and let go of her hand, wiping tears off his face. He looked up at Mikasa, his eyes red rimmed and his mouth twisted in his emotional agony. He couldn't destroy her like this... But to save her... He'd destroy himself. He couldn't lie to her. What if she came back sooner than she thought, and then found out that he lied? Everything would be destroyed, but without him she wouldn't have the strength to go on. No matter which way he looked at it, the situation seemed hopeless. He couldn't figure out which choice was the right one. He wanted to lie. Never more than now had he ever wanted a lie pass between his lips and say the right words. He didn't want her to hear the truth. And yet... A lie would destroy her when she found out. Could he keep up that lie? Could he perpetuate it? He would live in eternal guilt, never once being able to escape the vicious cycle that was the lie.
    "Mikasa I...!" He began, the words about to come out. Love you. Two words, two simple words. That's all that you need to say and it'll be fine. "I... I lo- I'll never forget you. You'll always be dear to me, dearer than anyone else here..." The Dragonslayer stood up and looked her in the eyes with all the strength that he could muster.
    "No matter what, I wish you to understand. I care about you, more so than anyone here. If something troubled you, I'd drop everything and come to help you in a heartbeat, even if it was something else. Because you're special to me. Because... Because I love you I suppose but, Mikasa..." Though no tears flowed, he somehow looked sadder than he had before. "I don't love you the way you want me to. I'm sorry but, that's the truth. You're the closest friend I've ever had... Likely ever will. But still..." His voice trailed off. There was nothing more to be said. After all, it all already had been. The damage had been done. No words of his could alleviate it.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the trial ended Trevor sat with a rather blank look on his face, but that was because he wasn't entirely there. Stress made his control over his other personalities waver, and when that happened, well George was always ready to step in. The man battled with his other personalities in the back of his mind, but in the end for the moment lost the battle, George won out due to the stress that Trevor felt like he was under. Of course George didn't see it as stress, he was fine with whatever came his way. After all he was better than all the fools there so what was there to be stressed about? George sat, quietly eyeing Porlyusica, plotting. He hated the woman, she was the one who taught Trevor to keep more control. If it wasn't for her he would have the most control not the emo devil that was Trevor.

As the time for deliberation of the jury started, George was ready. Edric was the first to speak and George let out a sigh.
    "I was looking forward to an intelligent conversation about how we plan to kick Mikasa to the curb and make it look like it was fair judgement for what she did. But who can have intelligent conversation with him here." George said in his thick british accent that was not shared with the other personalities, as he indicated to Edric. "Anyways PTSD or not the B*tch is nuts and deserves to get the boot. Who is with me?" George asked. Soon after he grunted and grabbed his head. After a moment of pain and silence he became calm again but he kept his head down, avoiding eye contact with everyone.

"Sorry." The man mumbled, the accent gone from his voice. "I-I got too worked up about the trial and seeing Porlyusica again that I couldn't keep him back. Just the stress got to me." Trevor explained seeming slightly ashamed of himself. He then had to correct everything that George said, because he was listening to it all. "We can't kick out everyone who falls to mental illness, or else I would have been gone long ago. Although she is dangerous. I want to protect this guild and if she is at risk of another rampage like that... we need to do something about it. She cannot stay here with the young mages if she is going to have another break down. Perhaps there is a place she can go to get help. With her powers, keeping her locked here isn't going to do much unless we nullify her powers. But I think we can all agree she needs professional help." Trevor said, not quite looking up at any of them because he knew Georges stunt helped start the ball rolling on this. And the fact that he still didn't have full control of his personalities meant that it could easily been turned around on him stating he needed the same help.
    [​IMG]
    "I don't know if I can do this..." Silvia said quietly taking a seat. "What good am I here? I am of no help." Silvia stated. "I thought I could help people. I thought I could save people by coming here, but I can't.... Damian is doing a better job than I am. He is all anyone needs, there is no use for a shy young mage who can barely heal and hates fighting. Everyone I try to help dies." Silvia said, at last bursting into sobs. "Leviathan died, and the nutcracker died, and the fairies died, and even Miss Preminger died. I can't help anyone!" Silvia began to tremble as she sobbed and shook. "There is no reason for me to be here. I don't belong. I don't understand this place. The man who claimed to save me when I was younger and almost got taken out by a monster seems really weird and makes me uncomfortable. I can't fit in with the other members well, and frankly they scare me. I don't know what to do. If I leave I have no where to go. What am I supposed to do." Silvia sobbed. She watched so many people die but managed to hold back tears, but now she broke. She couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't stop them from flowing.

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

During the trial:
    [​IMG]
    Mikasa watched Caliborn has he started to cry, and attempted to comfort him. She felt relieved now. She had finally said words she had waited to say for years of her life. She felt a light inside of her no one would destroy. She waited for his response. She looked at him awaiting the romantic scene she had picture for years, though it didn't go quite this way she had fixed it to fit this situation mere seconds before she spoke. He almost said the words she had attempted so long to hear. She smiled even brighter when he said she was special to him, even more so when he had said he loved her. A blush went across her face and then another smile. Then her face fell rapidly. She was speechless, and suddenly she felt something inside her just go out. She tried to away from him to hide the mortification on her face. She had wrongly admitted her feelings. She had embarrassed herself. And now that is what Caliborn would remember of her.

"The more your dreams and fancies fill my head, the further that I fall." Mikasa spat at him. "Now I know. If I were senseless I'd prefer it... I've wasted my faith believing in this Guild, you're all just 'saints' of plaster and stone." Her voice was full of the rawest pain. "I should have listened... I should have listened to all of them. The world is merciless and it's cruel outside. His worlds were cold as stone... but they were true."

"What do you know of me, Caliborn? You're only made of stone! You sit here and you refuse your own tears and you try your hardest not to crack. I wish I were made of stone like you. "
    She stopped her agony being too much for her. Then suddenly, there was unfathomable rage. "Take all the dreams you've sewn, take all your lies and leave me alone!"

Her face was suddenly lifeless, her head fell, and her eyes stopped moving all together, as if her soul had left her body. She whispered to herself quietly. "My one human eye will evermore be dry, until the day I die... as if I- were made of stone..."

4. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Quinn sat silent for the duration of the testimonies, just like the rest of the jury. Looking next to him, he was able to tell that Trevor wasn't there at the moment. He'd been around the guy long enough to know when it was him and when it was another of his personalities. When it came time for them to reach a verdict, he immediately confirmed it. He sighed as Trevor regained control of himself. "George has always been a bit of a handful." He knew it wasn't Trevor's fault. He wondered if how he'd act if Trevor had been the one accused of something. If he'd punish him for something George or Derk did. He wasn't sure.

"From what Ra said, it sounds like she threatened Johanna directly. Hallucinations or not, it sounds like she knew what she was doing. She might have been reckless and not in her right mind at the time, but she was still aware." The Iron Dragon said. "I don't think we should let that even affect the punishment. I don't know what happened to her in the past, but there's nearly no one here that doesn't carry their demons with them inside. I agree she needs help, but she can't be let off with a slap on the wrist because of that. There need to be consequences for what she did."

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

He knew what would happen as soon as he told her the truth. The effect was instantaneous. She was spite, anger, bitterness and despair. She was as bad, if not worse than she was before. Her mask had become a reality. But Caliborn felt like he had done the right thing. No matter what, she was damned. Better now than be crushed later.
    "I hoped that you might understand, and take things better." Caliborn spoke, watching beauty wither in front of him. He steeled himself, watching as everything went wrong. He was meant to look after her, to take care of her and to make things better. He had failed. Everything had been undone. The real Mikasa that had been suppressed under years of darkness had come out from behind the clouds of trauma and shone brighter than any star, before dying in the tragic supernova unfolded before him. He hung his head regretfully and turned his back to her. "Very well, Mikasa. I'll remember the girl inside, wherever she is. I won't forget who you were. My greatest failure." The last words were spoken in a tone cold and bitter enough to rival hers. He walked away and opened the door. He stepped out of the room, but put one hand on the doorway and looked around at the girl sitting as a statue on that chair.
    "I'm sorry that I couldn't save you, Mikasa." Caliborn said with a tone of finality before shutting the door, locking it and leaving the key in the keyhole. The Dragonslayer walked to his room, his mind a graveyard to happier times. As he traversed the guild hall to get to his room, he spotted the people discussing her fate. As he walked past, he looked over at them all. Anyone looking at him would see that he was upset. His eyes were still red and his face was no longer the mask of elegant composure.
    "The door is locked and the key is in the lock. You fetch her when the time comes. I can have no more part in this." He spoke to the people on the jury, his voice totally flat. He turned around and waked away. He walked. He walked. He walked. Lead feet carried him from the hall, up the stairs. Shaking hands pushed open doors and held him fast against walls as he shambled towards some kind of sanctuary. His trembling body stepped beyond the threshold of his room. The distance to his bed had never seemed so far before. Once he had collapsed on to it however, the burden of faking was gone. Caliborn allowed himself to cry once more. He cried for failing the woman that he had tried so hard to save, to protect, he cried for the woman that he could not love.

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

During the trial:
    [​IMG]
    The words that he said replayed in her head, over and over again as if he were back in the room with her. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you, Mikasa." Over and over again it rung in her head. His greatest failure. But it was really Mikasa all along who had failed. She had failed to see he way. She had failed to see that he didn't feel the same for her. She had failed to see that this day would end in great disaster. All over her body she felt pain. She rattled in the chair. he hadn't bothered to put the magic drainer back on her, only her handcuffs. She mustered herself out of the chair. Swinging it around violently. She moved the chair to the wall, slamming herself into it, and then to the other side of the wall, full of betrayal. She did this many times, breaking the chair in pieces, cutting herself and nearly impaling herself with the pieces of wood. She continued to ram her body into the wall. She didn't cry, but acted as if she were a doll being thrown around by a careless child. Mikasa was shaking, she was in a great amount of distress. She threw herself onto the floor. She yelled out in an antagonizing scream. She doubted the others could hear her in the busyness of the Guild Hall, but she wondered if he could. She lied on the coldness of the Guild floor and started to melt into the ground, as if she were part of the stone. It was now that Mikasa had done enough damage to herself to render her unconscious. She was hoping her actions would get her sent away, that it would close the deal. Even if they didn't she decided that she would just leave. She had nothing to live for now. No Guild, no purpose, no misson, no friends, no Caliborn. What was the point? There was nothing for her here but careless people... He was a careless person. A person who just smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their carelessness like nothing would ever happen, and left them to die.

[DOUBLEPOST=1448804420][/DOUBLEPOST]During the trial:

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Cassandra looked at Caliborn as he came into the room. Something had surely upset him. Cassandra turned to Evanora, and Evanora spoke to her quietly. Cassandra listened before continuing on. "Ra might have said so, but Johanna said she didn't feel threaten by Mikasa remember." Cassandra retorted. "I have a lot of ideas, and this is my own proposal based on everyone's ideas as well as my own." Cassandra then started to list off what notes she took:

"Mikasa's powers will be nullified. Caliborn will stay with Mikasa at all times, as he is the only one stronger then her other then Evanora. Not that he'll need to use his powers if Mikasa's are nullified, but just in case something happens in which Mikasa may need protection. Porlyusica will live in the Guild, at least for the time being. She can stay in Mikasa's old room, obviously Mikasa won't be staying in there anymore. Mikasa will lose her S-Class title and her Second in Command Title, at least for a long period of time. Mikasa will not be allowed to go outside of the tower until the Guild Hall is cleared for the night. That means from Dusk to Dawn. If the incident happens again, and I'm willing to bet my plea bargain on it that she won't, we'll go with Quinn's plan." Cassandra glared at him. She couldn't blame him for being so reckless. There were a lot of feelings that went into this. But Cassandra sought justice, and considering all of the evidence she thought this was enough. "There's one more thing I want to bring up. This can either be our forced choice or Mikasa's."

"I've known Theodosia for a very long time. She actually is Porlyusica's student and was brought along and when I saw her an idea came into my head..." Cassandra then went outside of the courtroom to bring Theo in.

She sat down with the jury. "Hello." She gave a small wave, her voice cheerful but calming. "My name is Theodosia. I think I recognize some of you..." She thought to herself patiently, but didn't come up with anything. "I am Porlyusica's student. I was given to her for the fact that I have an sub-magic of Memory Magic not thought to be existed by the Magic Council. I have the power to control memories, but unlike Memory Make I can erase memories. All memories appear as links to me, and I can break or rearrange these memories. Some people call me the Puppet Master, because I could destroy all memories and turn the victim into an empty shell." She talked quietly and then shook her head. "I wouldn't do that, though. That's a last resort. It's hard to put the pieces back together again once the links are destroyed."

"When I saw the trial today, and how much Mikasa was suffering, I wanted to propose something." Suddenly, the doll in her hand changed to a figure of Mikasa. "If I can go into Mikasa's memory, and take out some of the memories that she won't tell anyone about, I mean, theoretically all of her abnormal behavior would be gone. This usually doesn't work with mental illnesses, but in Mikasa's case the root is the memory, which is effecting her mind. It would take some time, and if I just jump in and rearrange anything then you guys might not even remember Mikasa anymore. That's a risk I just can't take. But I can go into her mind and plant fake memories, up until she comes to the Guild. Anything regarding the before, whatever happened to Mikasa will be erased. She won't remember that she did this to the Guild Members, and if I remove the memory from her... I don't think that they'll remember either. The situation in time won't be erased but the memory is enough to effect everyone else. That means Mikasa won't remember the trial, she won't remember her past, and she probably will only remember some of her time at the Guild Hall. It sounds risky, I know. And I don't expect you to trust me entirely, but I know that I can do it. You can still continue with whatever decision you decide as a prohibition or whatever, but just know Mikasa won't understand why unless you want me to plant another memory inside of her." She laughed sheepishly. "I know this all sounds complicated but I promise I know what I'm doing. I've done it before."

"If you want to give Mikasa the choice, or decide yourselves that's up to you. But I know that I can go into Mikasa's memories and fix this."

"Can you erase Mikasa's memory entirely?" Cassandra asked curiously.

"Yes. But I don't think that's a good idea. The memories of Mikasa are deeply tied with everyone else as well. If I destroy all of her memories then none of you will remember her anymore. Not everything will be erased. I would just need some guidance, preferably from Caliborn and Porlyusica as well as Evanora in order to decide what to keep and what to change. After I severe everything before she came to the Guild."

Cassandra pondered over this. Did Mikasa really need those horrible memories? If this would help her then it were their duty to do it. "What do you think, should we do it? Mikasa would never remember that we decided for her. I think that if she decides the outcome could be reckless and like Theodosia said any rash choices could possibly effect the entire Guild. I think we should do it. Mikasa might finally be at peace. I understand that she has rights as a person and the right to her memory, but in my eyes and I'm sure the Magical Council would agree that she's given up that right. I don't think Mikasa is a danger, but I think that she's miserable. If we can take her out of her agony, shouldn't we?"

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  7. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "DEATH PENALTY. ELECTRIC CHAIR. GUILLOTINE. LETHAL INJECTION. DEATH BY SNU SNU!" Gexln shouted at the doors that lead out to the courtyard. With that being said, he walked away to find Tabby. He had some serious hunting to do.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Theodosia finished speaking Trevor stood up quickly causing his chair to fall back on the floor with a rather loud bang. His eye were angry and serious. "No! That is out of the question. I will not let you take away any of her memories. It is not right for one to have to live without them no matter how bad they might be. This is one thing I will not stand for." Trevor said making his point very clear. "My, my aren't we getting worked up over little details, perhaps it would be better if I dealt with the situation instead of you" A voice inside the back of Trevor's mind echoed. "No shut up George." He accidentally said out loud trying to push George further back in his mind. Trevor had spent the last twelve years at the guild feeling lost and like he had no where else to go. He didn't know a life outside of it because he didn't remember it. He didn't know how he came to join the guild, or why he decided to join it. He didn't know if he had a family waiting for him somewhere, or if something happened to his home, or if he ever really had a home. Without this knowledge he felt somewhat empty. His memories only started from a few months after the accident. Most of what he remembered of the accident, he was told... yet one thing did remain strong from that time, and it was watching what they did to Tinarah. He couldn't remember how or why but he knew she was special to him.

Hesitantly Trevor picked up his chair and sat back down, adjusting himself to talk more humanely now. Clearing his throat he finally felt like he could begin to speak.
    "As for Cassandra's idea. We are looking to deal with and punish Mikasa not Caliborn. If we put him in charge of watching her, he can do very little things other wise without worrying about her. You are denying him having a life of his own. Even if she got to the point he could leave quickly without her powers she might be looking for a safety blanket, and what better than the person who has to be with her all the time? It is unfair for Caliborn. Besides you'd have to get Porly to agree to stay around a bunch of people for an extended period of time." Trevor responded with his thoughts. "I would say it would be best if we could nullify her powers, at least for the time being and then let Porly take care of her how she see's fit for the time being, in a place outside of town, but not so far away we can't check on her. Any other option is dangerous to our guild and the young new members, or unfair for everyone else." Trevor finished his thinking then shrunk back in his seat hoping no one would say anything about his outburst about George.

9. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Wha' the flyin' **** d'ya think yer doing?" Edric demanded, slamming his fist down hard on the armrest of his chair and the wood cracked beneath the strength of the blow. He stood up, eyes on fire and glared at Theodosia. "Wha' Trevor here is sayin, et's A-****ing grade right! I willnae stand fer ye pissing aboot en oor heads! Et en't right! Thoose memories are hers, and they're oors too. Ye cannae just stick yer mitts in there an' **** wi' everythin' like a ****ing puppetmaster! She has tha right ta her mind! Her memories! An' ye ken else, et's unfair fer Caliborn too! Didja see tha look on his face? The man's en a lot of ****ing pain right noo, an' ye plan ta make him suffer wi' wha' musta caused et? Ye'll take away his goddamn life you crazy bint! An' everythin' tha' girl has suffered en her life, tha' memories, ye'll take those away too? Ah suffer from somethin' similar, boot Ee'll be damned if Ee let tha' be taken away from me! An' Trevor es the same!" He hadn't been so angry in a long time. He had never heard of anything more hurtful or inconsiderate. You couldn't just take away peoples' reason for living, everything that they fought for and everything that they had suffered. Everything that she had been through... It would be made worthless. Nothing. Whatever happened, whoever was involved, their pain would be meaningless. And what if the past caught up? She'd never know.
    "Cassie, get yer heid on straight, please!" He looked at her pleadingly. "Can ye not see why et's cruel to steal her very soul away? 'Cos that's wha' yer doin'." Edric looked back at the woman.
    "Ei'll not stand here an' let you take her goddamned self away!" Edric concluded.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

"But without those memories Mikasa could truly be happy. We're trying to get her better are we not, how could you just refuse right away but you're worried about your own morals. But what about Mikasa? If given the option I know Mikasa would take it. We aren't that close but who wants to live with whatever she knows?" Cassandra slammed her hand down on the table. "Caliborn is Evanora's successor and as a future Guild Master it is his job to take care of the members of his Guild whether that's one person or many people. Mikasa is Evanora's responsibility, but Evanora can't be with her all the time, which means it falls to Caliborn. He's compensated. Plus it won't be forever, Mikasa won't need to be watched forever, just for a period amount of time, similar to how Calxiyn is."

She then turned to Edric angrily."She doesn't have a self anymore, Edric! Don't you see that!?"

"If I may... Edric." Theodosia spoke up to him timidly "If it becomes too much for Mikasa, or she changes her mind I can put everything back just the way they were. If it isn't helping her I can undo what I've done. But are you really going to risk not trying? It might save her life. What if..." Theodosia looked at Cassandra, and then looked back at her doll shaped like Mikasa. "I can feel her."

"What is it, what are you feeling?"

"I understand that you all have your own moral reasons behind it... but... I don't think you understand. If she could live a happy life in the Guild are you going to take that away from her? Please....What if Mikasa wants to die?... what if this could save her life... before it's too late?"

Evanora's eyes went wide. She looked at the young witch. "Theodosia, is there something you are seeing that we can't?"

Theodosia looked at the group before nodding. Evanora spoke. "Go get your mentor and go check up on Mikasa." Evanora then took a deep breath as the Puppet Master left the room, going up to Mikasa's Tower with her teacher.

"I want to remind you that the Memory Change has nothing to do with the trial and so we don't need your consent. Caliborn and I make decisions for Mikasa on her behalf as it says in her will." Evanora spoke. "I will not tell you my opinion on this matter either. I'm telling you this because you need to make a decision in which Mikasa's memories are being rebuilt, and make one in which they're not. That way if Mikasa objects to it we have another option. Is that fair?"

"Yes, your honor."

11. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Ye cannae ken tha' she's all gone. Ye en't... Well ****." Edric replied when he heard Theodosia's report. He sat down, but he wasn't entirely convinced. "She needs tae get help. She disnae need a lie o' a life ta lead. Et's urgent noo tha' she gets help. Ee'll help ef Ee have ta, boot... We cannae do this." It seemed however, that nobody was willing to listen. Edric put his head in his hands. He always knew that there was something off about her, but being that ****ed up? He had no idea. She needed some serious assistance. Taking away her memories though... It was cruel. The worst part was that, none of them would even remember this injustice. It would all be lost to the world. Not a single person would be able to take them to account.
    "Where's tha damn justice here?" Edric clenched his fist. "Who'll take any o' this ta somewhere fair? Ee cannae believe tha' this es happening..."

[​IMG]

"Listen, Silvia. You do have a place here in this Guild. I'm sure that Damian is a good job, but he can't be everywhere. We need you to be here too, because you'll be able to help people. You'll be able to keep our guild members alive and healthy so that we can save the people we need to." Caliborn replied, trying to reassure her. "There's nothing that you could have done in any of those situations. Try to focus on doing what you can. You know, we haven't had any guild members of our own die. Not even seriously injured. It's because you're there, healing them and keeping them alive. Because of what you and the others do, you're helping people and protecting them. It's a matter of perspective young one. It doesn't feel like you're doing anything because you don't always do something personally, but the net result is that people are saved." When she began to cry, he pulled his chair closer to hers and gave her a fatherly hug, hushing her as softly.
    "Shh, it's okay. The other guild members like you, they accept you and they would miss you if you left. That's your lack of confidence talking, it's not the truth." Caliborn reassured. "You don't need to leave Silvia. You're fine, you belong here. I promise you. You have friends here." He let her tears run their course and simply stayed there, because that was all that he could do for this upset young lady. Hopefully she'd feel better for what he said. After all, it was his job to help all the Guild Members when they were upset about something. Not necessarily officially, but he hoped that everyone knew that he was there for them.

Meanwhile, during the tournament.

Caliborn walked his rounds vacantly, making sure that nobody died or anything horrible. There were some spectacular victories going on, and much pride for the winners and sadness or irritation or disappointment for the losers. He heard a familiar voice calling out to him from within the tournament, but he was stuck in his own head. He looked around and barely caught the last part of what he was saying. The trial was only a short time ago. He felt numb.

"Yeah, good job." He forced himself to smile, but it felt so fake. She was bound to see it, unless she was totally clueless. "I'm sure you can do it. You're a strong Wizard." His mind flicked back to the scene that played out in that prison tower. He hadn't gone up since. He remembered how all her happiness withered away in front of him. And it was all his fault. He gave Cal an encouraging nod and walked away. He had more places to go and monitor. Besides, he might have to heal someone because he was a healer.

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    Calxiyn looked at him curiously. She followed after him. "Caliborn." She put her hand on his shoulder, standing on her toes in order to do so. "Are you okay?" She asked him with an air of concern. She pouted. "Did something happen? You can tell me, if you want." Calxiyn looked up at him pleadingly. She pulled on his arm and then went out of view from the rest of the arena. "Did-did something happen? I mean, with Mikasa... I don't want to be nosy, but maybe I can help. At least give me the chance, though... I imagine I can already guess what happened." Calxiyn pondered this. She was thinking that maybe Caliborn had gotten rejected by Mikasa. "He had bought her that necklace, but Mikasa didn't seem like someone who would be interested in romance. Maybe Caliborn got rejected and that's why he looked so sad. That would also explain why Mikasa isn't here."

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Caliborn smiled slightly when Cal followed him to try and help. She was energetic, and it was nice that she was trying, but he didn't want to talk about it with her. He'd have much preferred the company of Cassandra, or perhaps Evanora when talking about this. Not a young lady around half his age. She was right though, something had happened with Mikasa, but not what she probably thought.
    "You could say that, I suppose." He answered. He looked her in the eyes. "Listen, Cal. I don't really want to talk about it. The wound is fresh, one might say. I need handle this part by myself and then I'll tell someone about it. It's more complicated than what you think." Pretty much the exact opposite of what you think happened. I rejected her, and now Mikasa suffers for it. The exact opposite of everything that I wished to achieve. I should have lied to her. She's bound to be taken away now, so... I should have lied. She could have remained in happiness. I could disappear, or she would move on. She could have lived with that memory that she was loved. It would have been better that way. And I would be able to go on. I'd regret it, but at least she could live in a happy belief. I don't think that anyone would begrudge my leaving anyway. I could go on, find another Guild or maybe see the world. That would be enough for me. But no... I told her something that utterly destroyed her. And I shall stay here. After all, there's no memory to preserve. She hated that I had no romantic feelings for her, but the real sadness is that she never understood in my own way that I did love her, and what I would have done to preserve that happiness.

14. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Well, this was a development that changed things. He'd never heard of a magic that could manipulate the memories of another person, not even when looking into the lost magics to combat the Balam Allliance. Immediately, there was arguing. On one hand, she had a right to her memories. It was her mind, and they had no business meddling in it. Although, on the other hand...wouldn't it be better? "I have to agree with Cassandra. Taking away her memories would be best for her. Honestly, what are we stealing? The pain and suffering of the past? What we all wish we could forget? It isn't like she'd be an empty shell. She'd be a new person. If you look at them as two different people, wouldn't it be wrong to deny that Mikasa the right to exist in the first place? Right and Wrong aren't clear cut. There isn't any real way to define which is which. It's only up to the observer to decide what it is."

Quinn sat silent for a moment, pondering whether to suggest what he'd thought of. Initially, he'd considered it as a punishment, but quickly put that thought out of his head. "Either choice we make may not even work. If it doesn't, then i've got another idea. If we erased more than just the traumatic events, we could essentially restart Mikasa into the guild as a new member. It's likely she'd be able to overcome it if there was nothing to cause her to remember. Though, we'd all have to forget what we know about her currently as well. We'd greet her again as someone new. It goes without saying this is a worst case scenario option, but it's still an option. I just figured I'd throw it onto the table."

"Either way, I think we can all agree she needs some help, some way. No way to know what each option will lead to until we try it." Quinn said, wrapping up his thoughts.

Mind Wipe:
    Put a limiter on her magic
    Constant monitoring from multiple people
    allowed on non-S class missions.

No Mind Wipe:
    Therapy with Porlyuscia
    Magic Limiter attached, controlled by Porlyuscia
    Not allowed on missions.
    Escorted by an S-class at all times.

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

Throughout the whole trial and for the start of deciding what do with Mikasa, Leo had remained silent. Personally he had little to none interactions with her so thus there wasn't much that he could add to the discussion on whether or not she had intention to kill or not. Now regarding her being crazy, that he could say something on. That something being that it would explain so much about her.

Now the current topic at had was whether or not to wipe her memories or not. It was understanding why some people would not want to have that happen to her at all. Memories were a precious thing, no matter how painful they may be. Thus she should be able to keep them. Amidst all of the other yelling on what to do, Leo had remained silent until figuring out an suggestion of his own. When he did, he raise hand much like one would do when they wanted attention in school.
    "I don't think we should take away her memories. She likely has had plenty of bad experiences in her past, but that doesn't mean that she hasn't gotten some good experiences out of them. Instead of taking them away, we should help her work through what she's going through."

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Truly happy? Ha. Do I look happy. I had my memory taken from me! You think that will make her happy? It would make her empty! You do not know how it feels!" Trevor yelled. He then started to laugh a rather dark laugh. "You put to much on that poor man. He is Evanora's successor and has to take care of the guild. That means everyone. You think it would be good to keep him in one place forcing him to do one thing, taking care of one person. Caliborn likes to care for people, everyone and though he seems to have a thing for Mikasa doesn't mean he should feel tied down to it." Trevor stated his expression looking incredibly dark. "I suggest that you stay away." He finally warned as he felt himself slipping to the anger and hate toward the idea of taking her memories.

"Peek-a-boo. Guess who is here?" Trevor was no longer Trevor anymore but instead the most irrational and violent of his personalities, Derk. Derk began to look around for his sword, but didn't find it. "Where is it?! Where is it?!" Derk cried out rather loud looking like he was getting riled up. "Must hurt those who hurt Trevor! Now where is it?!" He yelled. He eventually gave up on looking for his sword and turned to Cassandra. "Was it you? It was you wasn't it?!" He said walking over to her and quickly wrapping his hands around her throat in an attempt to choke her.

Mind Wipe:
    limiter on magic but don't take it away completely.
    Counseling to reorient herself.
    Has to train and prove herself before allowing to be go on low class missions

No Mind Wipe:
    Nullify magic for the time being
    Keep her in the guild but make her go out of it with Porlyuscia for help and therapy
    Have regular checks with the S-classes
    teach her to deal with her past and when she can do that move the nullify to a limiter and lowly give her access to magic in portions that they can control until they are confident there won't be another break down.

[​IMG]
    "Leviathan was part of the guild..." She managed to get out through sobs. She had seen him die to the hand of Ezekiel. He had been one of them and died. And despite him claiming he needed her because Damian couldn't be everywhere at once, it seemed that he was around where she was when healing was needed, taking her job, or just where it was needed while she had nothing to do. It didn't seem like she was being helpful at all. "I don't think anyone will miss me. There is no point for me being here. Maybe Leo would but I will just drag him down anyways. I just don't know." Silvia continued to cry as Caliborn held her, a wave of exhaust starting to wash over her due to the crying. "But I don't want to leave. I just want to feel I have a place." Silvia said into Caliborns chest as she had her head against him. Maybe he could give her that, but he probably couldn't. She didn't feel like she had a place anywhere.

17. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Quinn's eyes widened the second Trevor's voice changed. This was bad. George was a *******, but he wasn't actually dangerous. Derk on the other hand was a different story. He was likely to kill everyone in the room if he got the chance. He started screaming, asking where it was. He was probably referring to the weapon he carried. Most of the jury didn't have their weapons on them. Most. Quinn was allowed his weapons to break up any trouble that may have been stirred up, such as a fight. As soon as the words came out of his mouth, Quinn knew that there was going to be trouble. Changing into his Falcon form, he delivered an enhanced roundhouse kick to Derk's face to get him off of Cassandra. Once he'd been knocked back from the force, Quinn wasted no time. He drew Veritas and fired four shots into Derk's body. One in each shoulder, and one in each knee.

The shots weren't lethal in the areas he hit him, as long as they stopped the bleeding. "We need to get him out of here, quickly. He needs medical attention and damn if he won't keep trying to kill us. He shouldn't be able to do much to us, but he'll hurt himself. We need to keep him restrained until Trevor takes back over."

18. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Evanora watched as Trevor switched personalities, and how fast Quinn acted. "I would call Caliborn but I don't think he can deal with much more right now. Call Johanna." Evanora ran to Derk and used the Magic Chains that had been used on Mikasa to restrain him. "His magic should be draining. Not completely but enough." Evanora explained. She swore under her breath. Why did Caliborn remove Mikasa's retrains? She couldn't think about it right now, as Mikasa hadn't caused any trouble or they would have noticed. Plus, the young witch and her old friend was up there with her.

[​IMG]

Johanna came in at Cassandra's call. She turned into a bear at the blink of an eye in order to keep Derk under better control. She then took him upstairs to his room and started treating his wounds.

"You always get into so much trouble." She brought him up the stairs. She took him to his room, then turning human again. "Stay still. You're going to hurt yourself."

[​IMG][​IMG]

Porlyusica and Theodosia went up and saw Mikasa on the floor of her room.

"What happened up here?" Porlyusica barked at Theodosia. She looked at Mikasa's lifeless body on the floor. A tear dripped from her face.

"I can feel her pain. If I can just look inside, I could tell you..." Theodosia grabbed a drawing pad from Porlyusica. She started to draw one of Mikasa's links, one of the memories. It was Caliborn and her, and her smile. Theodosia drew the scene as if it were a photograph. She saw Mikasa's radiant smile, as if the small scene was replaying in the picture. She then drew another one, of Caliborn telling Mikasa he didn't love her. She could see Mikasa then hurting herself to end up in her current state

"To have a heart of stone..."

"Memories aren't always the truth. Often we remember things one way when they really happened another."

Theodosia shivered as Porlyusica looked at the moving images.
    "She's suffering."

"Did you convince them?"

"I tried. It's not up to all the S-Classes. It's up to Evanora, Caliborn and you. That's what Evanora said."

"Evanora will never agree. Her opinions on it are very clear." Porlyusica explained, as if she had done it another 1000 times before.

"We have to take her for her sentencing, and then in a while, after I can see how damaged all of the links are and what is effecting what."

Theodosia and Porlyusica helped Mikasa up. She said nothing, and wore the same expression she had when she was on the ground. They brought her downstairs for her sentencing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If it hadn't already been clear that Mikasa was almost souless, it was extremely clear now. Cassandra raised her eyebrow at Edric, as if to say she told him so. She then watched as Porlyusica and Evanora talked in secret.

"If you think that what you're doing is right Porlyusica, then I trust you. I may never agree with you on this matter but we have been friends older then time itself. But I must ask you if you truly think this will help."

"I do."

"It's not me you have to convince then. It's Caliborn."

"The first sentence I will read will be the one implying that certain circumstances are followed. If they are not I will call you all here again." Evanora told Dale, his witnesses, as well as Mikasa, now alone without Caliborn.

“Mikasa, as part of your conditions your powers will be limited. You will be escorted by either an S-Class or Porlyusica at all times. Porlyusica will make sure you’re mental state is stable. You will not be allowed outside the tower until the hours of dusk to dawn for the time being in order to protect the younger Guild Members that are here during the day. You will not be allowed to go on missions until there is an improvement and you’re about to prove yourself. When you do go on missions and when you’re in the Guild you will wear a Magic Limiter.” Evanora banged her gavel before they brought Mikasa back upstairs.

THE TIMELINES ARE NOW CAUGHT UP (Other then Trevor he's kind of back in the past): THE FOLLOWING IS HAPPENING DURING THE TOURNAMENT

[​IMG][​IMG]

"Caliborn?" Theodosia asked the man who had been talking to Calxiyn. Porlyusica was in the shadows.

"I'm sorry, but we'll have to pull him away from you for a while." Theodosia told Calxiyn. Calxiyn looked at the Dragon-Coat women and saw it was serious.

"We'll talk later then, Caliborn. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help." Calxiyn gave him a small, supportive smile.

"Caliborn, you have to come with us, we have to speak with you." Porlyusica told him. The group walked up to Mikasa's tower, and it was outside of the door that they started speaking.

"Caliborn, the sentence was read out for Mikasa." Porlyusica spoke quietly. "She's staying in the Guild. I've heard you wanted nothing more to do with this, but Mikasa has listed you to make choices for her when she can't."

"Mikasa isn't responding to us, to anyone. She doesn't move, I don't think I've even seen her blink." Theodosia explained. "Oh, I'm sorry. I should tell you. I'm Porlyusica's student." Her voice was still calm though there was the sense of urgency that came with each one of her words.

"It dawned upon Cassandra that one way we were able to help Mikasa is that if Theodosia dives into her memories and tries to remove and plant other memories into Mikasa."

"I'll tell you the same thing I told them, Caliborn. If it doesn't work or you change your mind, I can put all the memories back just the way they were. I would take out the memories of the trial, and of what Mikasa did that day from her and everyone else, and remove Mikasa's memories from her past before she came to the Guild. Anything other then that that is somehow connected needs to be taken out with care. If I do it too quickly Mikasa may wake up and find out no one remembers her anymore." Theodosia talked in a hurried whisper. "I need your help in order to figure out what I should do and what I should take out. You're the closest to Mikasa so you'll be the most effected. I really need you Caliborn. She needs you too. I know this is a scary way of explaining it but I promise that it's not going to hurt her. She'll still be Mikasa."

"A lot of the Guild members were against it, even Evanora, but... some of them weren't. I looked into Mikasa's memories, briefly, and I can feel what she's feeling. She wanted to die, Caliborn. This may save her life. You have to listen to me, please. We don't have much time, and we need to get started now." Theodosia begged. She could feel Mikasa's feelings as well, and it seemed to be making her distressed. She looked up Caliborn with hopefulness as well as a pleading expression.

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Caliborn was almost relieved when the two people appeared to relieve him from Calxiyn. She was insistent and really, he didn't want to her to pry. After all, what happened was private. She didn't need to know about what was happening in his private life, especially when it came down to Mikasa. It was prone to misunderstanding, as the woman herself had shown.
    "It's fine Cal. Thank you for the concern." He replied as she left. He nodded when he was asked to follow them. He had a sinking feeling that he knew what this was about. There was only one thing- No, person, that it could be. He was soon proved vindicated in this assumption as he stood outside the door to Mikasa's cell. The report that the two women gave was troubling to say the least. She was saying, for that he was glad. He didn't think that she would survive well on her own. At least she would be receiving help here. However... She apparently hadn't moved. Just sat there staring. While it would be hard to prove it, he knew in himself that her current state was his fault. He was glad though, it would have been utterly disastrous had he lied. It would have crushed her even more if she ever found out the truth. However... The current suggestion was too much. To wipe her memories, to steal her very identity? But knowing that she felt like she wanted to die... No. He couldn't allow that. There had to be another way. He had to fix her hatred of her life somehow. He had failed her. She couldn't be happy, even if her memories were taken away. He was convinced that it wouldn't make too much difference. What he had done would have scarred her. And to remove what he said? That would only make her live through it again. There was another solution, somewhere.
    "No. She wouldn't want this. To forget everything, that wouldn't be good. It would make her entire life up until this point meaningless. She and I have history, as you should have figured out, what happened between us is part of what has caused the present issue. Those memories of whatever damaged her will be forgotten, but she and I... That won't be undone. If she forgets, she'll just fall into the same trap and she'll get burned again chasing after me. No, she can't have her memory stolen away. She needs to come to terms with her life, somehow." Caliborn replied. There was no anger, just a calm rational voice to explain his thoughts. There was something he had to do. He knew that they had not left off on the best of terms. There would be an answer. He put his hand on the door. "Before anything is done, let me try something first. I need to talk to her."

20. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Theodosia looked at Porlyusica.

"Caliborn I don't know if you understand-" Theodosia was cut off by Porlyusica.

"No, let him see her. That's the only way to convince him." Porlyusica opened the door and let Caliborn inside.

Mikasa was sitting up on her cot which was by the window, chained up to the wall and floor. Her face was bruised, and she wore a simple white dress. There were marks and cuts all over her arms and legs. She looked sickly and her face was ghostly. She didn't flinch as Caliborn walked into the room. She continued to look straight at the wall, her eyes and body limp and lifeless.

"Mikasa, Caliborn's here to see you." The young witch tried to smile at her, but she again didn't respond. She then looked at Caliborn before closing the door behind her.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.