In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "She wants to hurt him?" Thea repeated. "Why? I won't let her. I won't lose my family again!" Thea shouted out. She was scared, this time not of herself but of someone else. They were going to take her new family away from her too. "Conrad shouldn't run. He should help! He has to help me save father! I don't want to lose him too!" Thea cried out, tears welling in her eyes. The whole idea of this was scaring her to no end. She didn't even want to think of someone trying to hurt Vance. "Please just say it isn't so..." Thea said quietly. The other thing she was scared of was being taken away from Vance. The lady already warned Conrad off, what if Conrad told someone that would take her away from Vance, or this woman did. She couldn't let that happen. Then again she didn't want to hurt anyone either. It was a hard place to be in, a scary place for such a young girl.

[​IMG]
    Silvia stared at the flower for a moment thinking if she wanted to ask that of him, to buy her something, already. "Um... yes please." She said with slight hesitation, sniffing the flower once more. It was pretty and she much preferred the white rose over the red ones. White reminded her of purity while red of blood. White was much more a comforting colour. "Thank you." She said quietly and nervously as she debated something in her mind. After a moment she stretched up and placed a small, quick kiss on Leo's cheek before blushing and moving away from him a bit.

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Tessa let herself get pulled away by Alessia, because the other girl seemed to have a better idea of where to go than she did. As they entered the room and the birds fluttered in the air around her, she sighed and dropped to the ground, pulling her knees to her chest and pressing her face to the top of them in her favorite "this is bullshit why does this happen" pose. "You don't have to stay, Alessia. It's fine. Zephyr needed to talk to you, and that guy that came back seemed pretty important." Breathing in and out, that was the key. Somehow this time, it didn't help.

"I'll be fine." It wasn't a straight lie, but a favorite phrase used to block off all questions and cut short any conversation in regards to that. "The birds don't bother me. You can leave."

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]

Calxiyn was someone who always loved Halloween. And something she loved most of all were scary stories. She sat down in the middle of the Guild Hall, and opened a large book with giant and messy hand writing inside of it. The candles started to flicker, until they went out.

"This is the perfect time to tell some scary stories!" Calxiyn smiled. She stood up first, reading from her book.

"Once Upon A Time, there was a beautifully grand castle, and the King's daughter grew up happy and contented. That was, until her mother mysterious died, and the King remarried to beautiful Queen. The King's daughter was also beautiful, with blue eyes and long silky hair, but was a menace around the castle, in the Queen's eyes. A the girl grew up to be more lovely then the Queen, the Queen started to fear for her own beautiful. Every day she would talk to the Spirit of the Mirror."

Calxiyn stood up, crossing her arms and looking regal, as well as disinterested. She lifted up her hands, and with her Keyblade used an Aero spell to make some wind. "Slave in the magic mirror, come from the farthest space, through wind and darkness I summon thee. Speak! Let me see thy face."

Calxiyn then jumped to opposite of where herself had been standing before. She started to huff, then breaking character.
    "I can't do this all by myself." She looked around the Guild Hall, seeing shapes in the barely lit room. She pulled on someone.

"You, you will be my Evil Queen." She pulled them forward to where she was. It was Tessa.

"And you." She grabbed someone else, Conrad. "Will be my Spirit of the Mirror."

She sat down in her chair.
    "I will be the narrator. It's your line first, Conrad. You have to answer back to the Queen."

Mission Tips:

Calxiyn will feed you lines if your character doesn't know what to do.
    Calxiyn will get huffy if you stray too much from the story she's telling, so try to act in character.
    Your character can still be awkward while speaking etc.
    Calxiyn will also do special effects for you if you give her a 'cue'.
    For Halloween Missions I will use Black and Orange Text.

4. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Conrad Heinrich Adelbrecht Carsten von Eisenstein II

Calxyin was getting pretty enthousiastic about helloween, while he liked autumn and winter he wasn't too big on Halloween, but he'd play the part and listen to the stories. He sat down to listen only to end up to have been given a role in the story, spirit of the mirror eh? A very odd coincidence but he didn't mind it too much, he listened to what was told and then emerged into his character.

"You know, if you asked politely I'd be a lot more inclined to help you, as would a lot of people" The spirit stated without showing himself in the mirror. "And do you really need me to tell you you look pretty again? I mean I'm on a bit of a tight schedule today and should have known you'd ask but hey even the best make mistakes. Also I know I already put it forward but if you would read my request to drop the term slave when adressing me, that'd be greatly appreciated" With that the spirit appeared in the mirror, a shadowed figure standing amongst the flames of a raging fire "Now what is it you require of me? Same as every day or want to mix things up a little for once?"

5. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Dale turned around to look at the others after Mikasa flew off. He growled in irritation as she flew off and he whipped around to face the others.
    "Look, I have no intention of fighting you. Don't try and stop me. If you're looking for some stuff about dragons, then it's a lie. A woman called Daphne is trying to create a fake dragon and she needs an S-Class. She was trying to set you up for a trap. In any case, she can't do anything without you guys here. I'll report her to the Magic Council later and we'll deal with it but right now, I need your help to stop Mikasa!" Dale explained. He looked at Gexln, and then each and every person present with a hint of desperation in his eyes. "Please, she's going to kill Johanna, or something. Something bad is going to happen and I can't beat her alone. I drove her off now because I took her by surprise, even I know that. Please, please say you'll help me. We have to stop her..." Dale's fists clenched harder and he looked at each of them, not bothering to disguise the worry he was feeling. I can't, no, won't let anything happen to Johanna. I'll get over there and kill her myself before she can hurt her! I swear Johanna, I swear I'll save you from her! I'll kill her if she even tries!

[​IMG]

Vance immediately took the distressed Thea into his arms and stroked her hair, shushing her softly. He looked down at her and into her eyes.
    "Thea, worry not. I have run this witch off before and I shall do so again. And I think that I shall speak to Conrad as well. This will be fine, I promise you that my daughter." He gave her a smile. "Besides, you're a powerful Wizard in that of yourself. Between the two of us, I think that we'll see the Emerald Witch off." His face settled into a discontented frown and he looked at Florica again.
    "Thank you for the warning Florica. Given that you and Shani have done me a favour, let me know if there is anything you need. I shall be happy to provide assistance in return for your warning." Vance spoke before taking Thea's hand and heading for the door. "Thea, we are returning to the Guild. If I can find him, it is time me and Conrad had a chat about things..." Vance started to lead his daughter back to the guild hall, a confrontation in mind.

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Tessa blushed and stuttered her way through the lines because she had no idea what was going on, and above all had never considered herself to be beautiful, much less ask someone else if she was.

"Um...um...Mirror, Spirit of the Mirror, c-can you tell me..." She swallowed, pressing her hands to her face for a moment before peeking out between her fingers. "Can you tell me who is the fairest in all of the land? And um...maybe we can discuss your vacation days?"

She swallowed once more, hoping that the little bit of humor wouldn't cause the wrath of the gods down upon her.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "But Johanna's hot! We can't...." Thomas lost his train of thought as he slouched forward slightly putting more weight on Zephyr now to hold himself up. "Oh yeah. We can't let that beautiful b*tch hurt someone as lovely as Johanna. Lets go!" Thomas let go of Zephyr and went to runn off, made it two steps before, "I'm dizzy." Thomas fell forward and hit the ground before puking. "Gross." He mumbled. Why was he still drunk even? Hadn't it been long enough? Well apparently not.

[​IMG]
    "Last time we met her she sent lost of powerful monster and there was a lot of us... What if next time she does that it is just the tow of us." Thea questioned. She didn't believe it was all going to be okay because so many times she lost everything she had known. Nothing was ever okay in her life. She wanted to believe it would be now, but after that warning she was scared. Her fathers touch and gentle words did help a little bit though. She enjoyed the feeling of someone stoking her hair, it was calming. When they went to leave she held her fathers hand very tight. She wasn't going to leave his side anytime soon, that was for sure. Not after getting lost and someone telling her that the witch from before wanted his blood.

8. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Ra stood silent as the confrontation between Dale and Mikasa came to a climax. So, he'd been right about Dale, and Mikasa had indeed decided to turn against them. To murder Johanna to get to Dale. He was appalled at the thought she would do that, especially to her own guild. He'd never spoken much to Johanna, but she'd always seemed friendly and carefree. "Dale, I can't say I approve of your actions in leading us here, but she has overstepped." Ra said, his voice with a slight tone of anger. "Come, let us return to the guild hall before it's too late. We'll deal with her then."

Ra looked down at the drunken young boy before giving a sigh. "Thomas, we will have to work on your endurance. Come now, shape up. We must be at our prime to fight Mikasa."

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  9. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

The spirit in th mirror looked at the woman in front of it "
    Oh it's you, I'm sorry, didn't mean to complain so much, didn't know it was you. There are some other people that think it's fun to torment the spirit in the mirror" The spirit remarked with a curteous bow and an apologetic tone. "There's a smudge on the mirror, right there" pointing to side of the mirror "Would you mind cleaning it for me? It's been bugging me for a while now and that cleaning lady just left it there to get on my nerves and it's working... Now about who the prettiest in all the land is Snow White." The spirit in the mirror said "And remember, don't shoot the messenger"

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  10. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Halloween

Tessa blushed as she grabbed the corner of her sleeve to clean the side of the mirror. "I'll um...talk to the lady. She should know how to clean mirrors. Kind of why I hired her. So...yeah." She fiddled with her sleeves once finished, biting her lip. "Um..yeah. I guess....that's okay?" She stuttered, gripping her hands together now. "Um....what does shoot mean?"

Meanwhile, back at the Batcave Guild Hall
    Tessa stared at her hands in her lap as the birds fluttered around her and Alessia remained silent. Perhaps she had already left. Tessa couldn't tell. She thought back to when she had first arrived. Alessia had been the first to greet her in the guild hall. Then the rest had come. Zephyr and Jack and Conrad. They had all just been trying to help, and ended up arguing because she hadn't been brave enough to speak up. She wished she could have. Maybe then Conrad wouldn't have walked away angry. The more she thought about it, the more angry she became. Her body thrummed with the tension that built up over the guilt she carried. No, she had to fix this. Jack had been upset, and Zephyr and Conrad. She had to fix it.
    She abruptly stood, hands clenched at her sides, and stalked out of the room, hair flying behind her.
    Conrad had said he was going to sleep. If they were in the girls' dorms, then that would make the boy's.....this way. She turned and walked quickly down the hallway, never once second guessing her decision until she ended up in the actual dorm. Okay....Now which room was his? Even if he had even actually come here at all.

She slowed her pace, pressing an ear to each door in an effort to try and hear some sort of signal or hint that would tell her where he was. Eventually, she reached a door that was slightly ajar. Praying she wouldn't see anything explicit, she peeked inside to see what looked like Conrad's form. Was he sleeping? Should I go check? She hovered outside of his room, some of the tension ebbing away in the face of uncertainty. Once more, she was filled with frustration, and shut her eyes for a moment, grimacing before knocking on the door. "Conrad? It's Tessa."

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  11. CrownMoksha Decimo

So the odd things just continued to occur as they had stumbled upon Dale fighting Mikasa. When the ice mage had finally noticed them, he had started pleading that they help him stop Mikasa from killing Johanna. None of this at all was making much sense, since apparently the whole dragon business at the inn was just a lie.

Thomas had pushed pushed himself off of Veilen in an attempt to charge forward to help Johanna. He'd gotten about two steps in before falling and puking again. Just how much did he drink with his contest with Edric?
    "Not entirely sure what's going on here, but if she's actually trying to kill Johanna, then someone has to stop her." That someone had turned out to be them.

Zwei was asleep in his room along with the cat, who was sleeping on top of him. #Qualitypost

Alisa had entered the guild hall and sat down somewhere, I don't know where.

After Alessia had taken Tessa to her room, Zephyr found himself a place to sit and took out Virgo's Key. "A celestial spirit wizard." It most certainly still had a nice ring to it. Maybe he should probably ask someone if they knew more about what a celestial spirit wizard was.

He tapped the key against his chin while thinking about who might know something about it. First thing that came to mind was an S-Class wizard which lead to him trying to decide out of the two S-Classes that he was recently on a mission with would know about it. He gave it some considering before deciding it was likely Cassandra would was better suited to asking about celestial spirits.

The only problem was that she was pretty worn out by the end of their mission and had even collapsed before they returned. Zephyr had no idea if she was better condition now or not, thus he choose to wait in the event she returned down here. If she did then he would go ask her.

Once Silvia had given her answer, Leo reached into his pocket and took out the appropriate amount of jewels that would cover the cost of the flower. He then handed the jewels to the shop owner, who allowed him to keep the flower.

While the transaction took place, Leo wasn't expecting Silvia to do anything until after he handed her the flower. So when she had kissed him on his cheek, his face almost instantly lit of red. Now whether or not his next action was out of embarrassment or uncomfortably was unclear, but he took his hat and used it to cover up this face before holding out the white rose to Silvia.
    "H-here you go." He left his hat covered part of his face for a few moment before pushing it upwards slightly. It still covered some of his face, but his eyes were starting to become visible again.

12. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

The spirit looked a bit surprised at the queen "
    M'lady are you feeling alright? You're not in the least bit worried that Snow White has surpassed your beauty, becoming the most beautiful creature in all the lands?" The spirit said surprised "But haven't you been afraid of snow white surpassing you all these years? Didn't you dislike the girl for the fact she'd surpass you?" The spirit said as Conrad's way of helping his fellow actress. "As for shooting, to send an arrow flying at someone with the intent of killing or wounding them"

Meanwhile.... Despite Tessa's knocking and saying it was her, Conrad remained firmly rooted in dreamland

13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Halloween
    "Um...oh yeah! Yeah that bitch, how could she do that?" Tessa answered, swearing out loud for the first time in her life. "Um...we should...do something to her..right? Like, hang a bucket of water over the door or something." Completely disregarding the answer to her first question, since she didn't know what an arrow was or how to use it.

Meanwhile, back at the Guild Hall
    Tessa hovered outside the door, unsure of what to do now. He wasn't moving....was he dead? Oh god what if he had killed himself? She stood rooted to the spot, unable to comprehend that some people did actually sleep during the night as she contemplated whether she should go for help or try to help him herself.

14. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Me and Taylor dispatched one of the beasts by ourselves. Nor did it hurt us overly much. Between you and I, I think that we shall be just fine Thea. Trust me." Vance looked down at the little girl whose hand he held and smiled. It was strange for him in a way. There was nobody, nothing else in the world that gave him the same warm feeling that this girl did. He supposed this was what it meant to be a parent. The nobleman knew the dangers of the Emerald Witch, but knew that he could not afford to question himself or his abilities. In doubt, lay failure, and if he failed then the heart of this little girl would break irrevocably. When he accepted her as a daughter in a heat of the moment decision, it was essentially a promise that he would protect her and make her happy. He would protect her young heart from breaking any further than it already had. She didn't need to lose one more parent in her life. Therefore, he would need to talk to this Conrad. As much as it irritated him to have to resort to asking a political opponent for assistance, he was lacking in choice in allies right now. Conrad was the only one in this guild who potentially had a hope of comprehending the nature of things. Ironic really, considering that the man he had initially pinned as to be ignored appeared to be the one who he was seeking out. Perhaps, it occurred to him, he had judged too soon. Shani had showed him that it was not necessarily right to judge people like he had been. The more he thought about it, the more he felt that his judgements were simply him making excuses to allow him to accept what he was doing.

Vance Dorian was changing, and his father would have hated every inch of it.

But that didn't matter to him in the slightest.

Equally, that didn't meant that he wasn't going to be harsh on Conrad for abandoning him. They had no reason to be friends per say, but surely there was the idea of decency. Would Conrad have even bothered to warn him? That question alone was worth the encounter.

Vance entered the guild hall, Upon an initial scan, there was no sign of Conrad. His logical processes indicated the man's room as the most logical place to go. Vance strode through the dormitories to where he believed that Conrad's room was. However, he found the door slightly ajar and a woman standing outside. She seemed anxious about something. What is that man doing with an anxious woman outside his room? Vance cleared his throat.

"What are you doing here? And do you happen to know the location of Conrad Heinrich Adelbrecht Carsten von Eisenstein the Second?" Vance asked, looking at the woman suspiciously.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

"What are you doing here?" The rest of the question was lost on Tessa as she whirled around, her hands grabbing the hem of her shirt as her eyes widened. Her mind halted for a moment as she looked up at a very intimidating man. "Um....Um..." Something about Conrad. This man was asking about Conrad? "Um...I think he's sleeping, or he's dead. I guess i'm not sure." She spoke really quickly, her hands wringing her shirt until it was wrinkled and her palms raw. "I wasn't going to go in until he said it was okay, I swear." She added, glancing at the little girl. Thea. She was talking to Skadi earlier. Tessa felt a twinge of bitterness at the smaller female, who had left her in the streets to go find this man, apparently.
    "Maybe we should wait for him to wake up." This option was better. If he wasn't dead, he would be mad if they walked in on him. And she was pretty sure he wasn't dead, but not one hundred percent.

"Um...you're kind of scary. You should maybe smile or something." It would at least set her racing heart a little more at ease if he didn't look like he was going to steal her soul. Conrad had looked much nicer.

16. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"I see." Vance spoke. It seemed that the woman thought him a little intimidating. That might be beneficial to him actually. He began to walk towards the door, recalling that this was in fact his dorm, although he rarely slept in it. It would provide the perfect excuse to get past this woman who apparently had business with the man as well. Also, he hadn't missed the strange glance she had given Thea, which made him wonder a little. "Thea, I am going to enter my dormitory. Feel free to come with me, or talk to the young lady. I don't mind which." With that, Vance strode towards Tessa, past her and pushed open the door. He observed Conrad, laying down in bed sleeping as the woman identified. He approached to wake the man, and then noticed something: Conrad was not breathing. Vance crossed the room with long strides, frowning. He shook Conrad roughly to try and wake him and test if he would awake. His breathing resumed afterwards, puzzling Vance further. Perhaps he had some sort of medical impairment? It was a wonder it hadn't spelled the end of him. Vance backed up and sat on his bed, looking at Conrad.
    "Awake, son of the Eisenstein. We need to talk." Vance spoke, staring intently at him.

[​IMG]

Alessia watched Tessa leave with an expression of surprise and confusion. She blinked, shrugged and gave up trying to corral the birds. Johanna could deal with it later. Since Tessa had so rudely abandoned her, and so quickly, she left the dorm and made her way back downstairs for lack of anything else to do. She looked around for a minute or so, trying to find Zephyr. She did eventually spot him, sitting down and fiddling with some key.As she approached, she thought it was something pretty important.
    "What's that Zephyr?" Alessia asked, taking a seat next to him.

17. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    "GAAH!" Damian had been sleeping peacefully trying to rid himself of the worst hangover of his life when suddenly someone sat on him. Oh, it was Vance, they shared a room... Why was Vance sitting on Damian's bed? Glancing around the room he quickly noticed that while drunk he had managed to plonk himself down in the wrong bed. Well. This was awkward. And to make it worse Thea and Tessa were outside and could probably see him, he'd already embarrassed himself in front of them when he was drunk, they probably thought he was an alcoholic idiot. This night was not going well. Calm down, all you have to do is explain this and laugh it off, it'll be fine "Uuuuuhhh" Damian's throat went dry and he stared at Vance blankly. Idiot. "Oh, uh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sleep with you, rather, in your bed I mean, uh..." Damian's face went almost as red as his robes. IDIOT. "I'm so sorry... I was drunk, heh, how crazy right? uuuuh" IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU MEANT TO SAY AT ALL! YOU'RE HOPELESS!

18. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

He had been dreaming, it was another one of the disturbing dreams, a knight had accepted the challenge on the third day of his journey he laid his eyes upon a mountain. The knight tried to climb it, a rock gave way under his feet and he hung there for a moment. The knight hung on for as long as he could, but it was not enough. He tumbled down the mountain and came to a halt in the fire. A booming voice spoke "
    Arise! since you have heard my voice,you shall possess the portals of your enemies!" From the raging fires a blackened figure arose. A voice bereft of all emotion explained that a storm was rising and that it would swallow world after world after world. Quick but without haste leaving behind only chaos and doom. It was then that Conrad heard "Awake, son of Eisenstein. We need to talk." It felt so out of place and moments later the mountain collapsed around him, the fires died out and he was back in the Dorm.

He opened his eyes, his head hurt a little bit. That's when he saw Vance sitting there, staring at him. It made sense now... the voice that didn't belong it was Vance. "
    Can this wait? I was sleeping...I mean I doubt it's important enough to just wake me up on purpose and if you did it to annoy me, congratulations, you have succeeded, it has been a long and exhausting day and I'd like to sleep if you don't mind... if you do mind, my agenda is right over there, find yourself a spot." Conrad said turning onto his other side putting his back to Vance. It's then that he heard Damian apologise for getting drunk and ending up in the wrong bed. Funny... he hadn't noticed Damian already being in the room when he went to bed.

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"It is precisely your agenda that I am here to speak about. For instance, when did you intend to- WHAT THE DEVIL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Vance leapt up from his bed and looked at the man who seemed until that point happily tucked into his bed! The peasant! The nerve! How dare he? "You make such insinuations about me? I certainly did not sleep with you sir, in fact I have not yet been to bed! Speak your name at once cur! Honestly, drunkards like you are lacking in decency!" Vance sniffed, smelling the alcohol on Damian's breath.
    "Begone! I have business with Conrad and we cannot resolve our issues while you are busy making lewd suggestions and spreading the stench of that foul substance you consumed! Out at once!" He continued, gesturing wildly at the door. He would have provided encouragement in the form of a slap, but that would involve him touching the slob and he had no intention of dirtying himself with this man. Upon later reflection, it occurred to him that he had not quite rid himself of his particularities in judgements and some of the extremities of his words.

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Tessa had been willing to sit by and just watch, especially when such a scary man had pushed past her. That all changed when said scary man began to yell insults at an obviously hung over Damian. "He's not a cur!" She yelled, running into the room with her hands clenched, standing by Damian's head as she stared up at the man who probably towered over her (her creator sucks at measuring height). "He made a mistake, and he apologized! He's not feeling well, so leave him alone! I don't know why Thea was so excited about you if you're such a rude, cruel man!"

It didn't occur to her that she was making these accusations really based on nothing but the interaction he was having with Damian. He hadn't been all that bad with Conrad, after all. But the way this man spoke, it was as if he was so much better then Damian, then her, then anyone really. What the hell gave him that right?
    Her hair whirled around her as she spat out the words in anger, and her cheeks flushed. "What makes you so much better then us?!"
    Perhaps it was passive aggressive emotions that led her to say it. Perhaps it was that she had let someone else push her out of the way. Perhaps it was the way he acted. Maybe all three. Tessa didn't bother analyzing, it, she wasn't a psychologist and she sure as hell wasn't gonna be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.