In The Times Of Fairy Tails

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Aias sat silent and expressionless in the bar beside Rho. This place unsettled him. I felt wrong. Not as though it were dangerous, but more as though it were dirty. He could feel sin. None of the others seemed to notice this, or if they did, they didn't care. He wasn't even sure what it was. Just an odd feeling. It wasn't unlike what had happened when the spirits had been summoned at Nessa's palace, though that had been more extreme. Just a feeling that was not his own, telling him something. This place didn't seem dangerous, but it seemed unclean. He was brought from his thoughts by two blonde women bringing Rho and himself drinks. The accents both of them had were thick, but not to the point where they couldn't be understood.

It would be rude to refuse the drinks, especially when they were invited here and given them for free. Picking up one of the mugs, Aias pressed it to his lips. "We've never been to this Tavern before. This would be the first time." He said without making eye contact.

Beucette explored dead end 1, then decided to book it back to the others.

[​IMG]
    Quinn was exhausted after that fight. He'd managed to land a perfect shot at the end, the one that put Erigor down. Although, Kageyama wasn't so changed as one might think. He made off with the flute, and headed down the tracks. When they arrived to where he'd gone, they found him with the guild masters, and he surrendered. Quinn glared at him as Alessia threatened him. He liked her. She didn't put up with any shit. Almost reminded him of himself. She'd done well in the fight against Erigor. He'd have to remember to congratulate her on the way back to the guild. So far, out of the new members, she'd impressed him the most. He watched Kageyama, waiting to see what he'd do. His finger was on the trigger of his still drawn Aequitas, in case he tried something again, like using lullaby. If he put that flute anywhere near his lips, he'd have a bullet between his eyes before he could get a note out.

2. Skyheart Joker

I'VE MADE TOO MANY POSTS OF JUST ONE LINER NONSENSE! NOW LET US JUST GO DOWN IN ONLY NUMBERS AND NOTHING ELSE! I CHOOSE THE PATH THAT IS ROUTE NUMBER OPEN PARENTHESES FOURTEEN CLOSE PARENTHESES!

3. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Damian stumbled out of the bar into the clear night, he felt dizzy. This had not been a good idea. He'd thought alcohol would help, and perhaps it did temporarily, but now the memories came flooding back. Stumbling along the road he came across a large oak tree and leaned against it until the world stopped spinning. Suddenly he saw a young girl sitting under the tree
    "Oh, I'm sorry" the girl was writing, and seemed to be crying a single tear "Do... do you mind if I sit here?" he sat down under the tree as well. "I saw you in the bar I think, no place for a young girl like you, are you here with the guild?" he asked. He didn't know why he was talking to this girl, he guessed he just wanted someone, anyone, to talk to while he could.

4. Mysty Unknown

With her writing done and the sun finally coming down to its final streaks of light, Dawn could only sit now in peace as the stars began to twinkle one by one in the twilight sky. Such beauty in both night and day this world showed. With the grass under her bristling past the little skin exposed on her legs, she could feel relieved to know she had a home to go to after all this.

Within minutes of this calm serenade of nature she had undergone, a man, one from earlier, had escaped the clutches of the bar. He was completely wasted. The way his body moved showed this enough, each step he taking almost appearing to be his last until he plummeted to the ground. Eventually, his awkward footsteps reached the tree that she had been leaning on until now. He could regain some balance here, but that might have been asking for too much since his body still gave a sway.

The man then spoke. He seemed to desire for some idle chitchat. However, the moment his mouth opened, Dawn could smell the toxins rushing through to her nose, burning whatever nose hair was within. She was sure with such exposure, the wildlife would die. However, it managed to survive living next to a tavern as vile as this, so perhaps it had grown immunity over its years, rooted into the soil.

His questions were normal. Less absurd than expected coming from one who probably couldn't identify his left from his right. His first inquiry was if he could stand there. Well, there wasn't anything saying he couldn't. It was free land after all, however, Dawn gave a simple shake of the head, allowing him the permission to stand, or sit -- whichever the man chose -- and partake in some conversation. The only error here was how he would react to reading. The things she would write would probably fuse in his mind, or maybe even some words could be left out. She had to be careful with what she wrote. There was always the option of perhaps writing in a different language that would make a drunk understand. Stupidity can only be matched in kind.

<<Yes. I am with the guild. I am Hikari. Who are you?>>

The single sheet of paper was handed to him, a smile on her face appearing sincere. She had no quarrel with the man, even if intoxicated. Everyone had the right to do to their body in whatever way they desired. She was not here to argue, only to partake in some friendly chitchat. She was sure his drunk mind would not hold back some questions, but she wouldn't mind answering. Dawn was honest with people. There was no reason to lie.

5. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Damian's legs gave way beneath him and he sat by the tree, she handed him a piece of paper. Apparently the girl couldn't speak... couldn't or wouldn't he wondered? Nevertheless the paper explained, after Damian had strained to read it, that the girl was Hikari from the guild "oh, nice to meet you Hik... Hiraki, no... Hikari" he slurred "My name is Damian, I'm from the guild too. By the way I'm not normally drunk but Edric convinced me. I don't think it was a very good idea, this isn't fun at all" groggily he looked back at her "Have you been in the guild long? I've only joined recently"

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Tessa quietly walked besides the other two girls, searching her mind for any clues or hints. She came up dead empty as always, and sighed, frustrated.

Skadi was leading the way, Thea at her side, and it was just as well. Tessa listened to them quietly talk as she stared at the ground, kicking the rocks underneath her feet.

Some distance away, she could hear a second conversation, and turned, half curious. She could hear a voice, somewhere close to a very large tree, but she couldn't see the owner. Half of her wanted to go investigate, but she flushed.

What exactly would she say if she did find the person? That she heard their voices and was drawn to it? Creepy.

She looked ahead, wondering if the other two had noticed. She would let them make the decision, then. The voice was loud, and sounded like it held more then a handful of intoxication.

7. Mysty Unknown

As she expected, his footing was quickly lost and he fell to the ground with a powerful thud. She watched as his eyes blinked furiously to read the note that was written down. She was astonished he could actually read it word for word without any errors. He might have had trouble pronunciation her name, but that only made sense given how uncommon it was. The girl was even from a different country so her name had its own foreign sound that she could never pronounce. Luckily, people got it right most of the time. It was the last name that proved difficult.

It was amusing nonetheless hearing his voice stutter her name out. Her face showed the expression of laughter however only silent breathes escaped her mouth. Someday she hoped the curse could be lifted and she could maybe here her own speech, her own laughter. The other curiosity was the sound itself. Would it sound girly? Or perhaps there would be too much hoarse in her voice? Could she even get used to talking instead of writing? It was all a mystery and fear.

From the man's, no, Damian's words, he appeared to be a newcomer to the guild. She could understand his position. She was new as well, only lasting a little bit until finding herself on a strange side assignment that was left disclosed by the Guild Master. It had been a while since she saw everyone and it appeared new people had joined. That was always a good thing. It warmed her heart to know people still wanted to join such an illustrious guild.

<< It is nice to meet you, Damian. I've been here for a short time. I'm still new really. I was away on some other work. I just got back from it so I'll be able to join in missions again.>>

She handed him the slip. She was awaiting the comment about the papers and the reason for not speaking. Perhaps he would ask, maybe he wouldn't. It was possible in his drunken state that he could have come to a conclusion already or just accepted things as they were. With alcohol going through a person veins, it was hard to tell what would happen. As it was it also seemed he didn't drink by his own wishes, so at least that was a redeeming quality. It also appeared he wasn't completely insane and disgusting in this form. This highly relieved her. The last thing she needed was him attacking her or seducing her.

8. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Something was nagging at Damian's mind, he knew it was probably rude to ask but...
    "If you don't mind me asking, why aren't you talking? I mean it's not like you don't have a tongue" he slurred "or maybe you don't, I can't really see. Either way what's the reason?" Damian sat back against the tree watching the sun set slowly on the town, it was comfortable, no wonder she chose to sit here. You could just about hear rowdiness from the tavern but it was drowned out by the rustle of leaves and the sweet sound of birdsong. "Also what was that you were writing when I arrived?"

9. Mysty Unknown

There was the question at long last. It wasn't a problem to answer it in all honesty. She rather people ask than just sit in the back and stare, wondering about her. It was even worse if they were in groups. They would begin to talk to one another, whispering quietly, but still loud enough to make themselves known to her. They would question, or ridicule her from those whispers. The stares of their eyes showing their confusion but as well as their hatred. They all believed in their hearts that Dawn never spoke because they believed she thought she was better than them. This led to much physically pain in the past as well as verbal slurs that forced the girl to lay in her bed every night and cry tears of silence.

With a smile, she began to write down the reason. This man, he was like Thomas and the other's in the guild. They didn't seem to care that she couldn't speak. They just wanted to be friends and they accepted each other for who they were. It was a feeling she wish she had throughout the rest of her life instead of the pain and torture. At least the physical pain could be cured, but the verbal abuse she received still haunted her. It was even worse when other's found out that it was because of a cursed magic. After that spread, being near her was the equivalent to being next to a plague.

<<You see, I lost my voice when I was a baby. I can never speak again...

That was only the first half to this note though. He also inquired about her earlier writings. That however was far more private of information. Her poetry diary was her essence, her place where she could write her soul's language without the worry of other's being able to mock. To some though, they would just see it as poetry, but to her, it was a desperate call for help. A call to be wanted, loved, needed.

...As for what I was writing, its a diary.>>

That was all she needed to say. If he asked further, she would deny him the right. The girl would not lie about her writings. Perhaps instead, she could route the conversation to her drawings instead. Those had more value really than some senseless poetry about herself. Only his reply could return to such a matter however.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Florica folded her hands gently on her lap. "You're very inquisitive." Florica gave Vance another small smile. "Le Roi de Thunes, he is the leader of the Cour des Miracles-"

"Florica, are ye sure we 'hould be telling them all this." Red looked at her, not with anger, but with caution.

"If they were invited here by The King himself, don't you think that they're important enough to know?" Florica said to her quietly. "We are a group of sorts, you're correct. The King of Beggars is a title that is a bit insulting, though, he doesn't seem to mind. Not everyone in the Cour des Miracles are beggars in the deceiving sense. Most people think we fake our poverty in order to get money, and others think that the Cour des Miracles is an organization that assists criminals."

"Aye, but that just isn't so." Red went back to her regular pose, crossing her arms. "The King is generous, he doesn't care where you come from, he just wants to help you. This isn't an organization that is rich, like most people might think. That's why there are so many of us."

"But most people that are in the Cour des Miracles, are humans, who don't possess magic ability. And then there are the Roma, or Romani." Florica paused for a moment, before turning her attention back to Vance. "Red and I, are not beggars, nor are we in poverty, but we are Roma and that's why we are here. It's a safe haven for us first, that's what it originally was. There's a tier system of sorts. First you have the King, and then us, Zeph, Red, and I, and the other members here as well. You then have people who are mentally ill, or elderly, or even deformed in such a way that society doesn't want them. Then you have people who are beggars of a sort, or sometimes in need of hiding in order to make a fresh start. Humans who cannot get jobs because they have no magic talent are here as well." She then took in a deep breath. "I hope that was the answer you are looking for."

[​IMG]

The King of Beggars's looked back at Aisha. He felt pain in his heart, he knew that it was true what Edric was saying. He didn't need Edric to tell him that, but he didn't want to believe it himself. He didn't want to admit that he knew full well that she wasn't happy, it hurt him too much. "I understand. I've tried to find her a job somewhere else, I really have, but this is all I can do for her right now. She refuses to split my share with me in order to eat, she's so stubborn." He sighed heavily, rubbing his temples, but trying not to look like he was in distress. "I have many names that I go by. I don't mind 'Your Highness'." He chuckled. "How names change over the years. I struggle to remember my real one sometimes." He continued. "Spriggan is what most people might know me as. You can't be too careful, giving out your real name. Your name holds power you know, at least, for demons. But I forget that those aren't as common these days."

"Anyway, as you were saying, Edric?"

11. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Vance listened as Florica explained their situation. So, they had a hierarchy, with that strange man at the top. While interesting, it also disappointed him slightly. He didn't know what to expect but, he supposed that he expected more wealth perhaps? These were tier two citizens from what he could tell in their society, so they was as close to the nobility of their people as they could get. Since they were only below the King himself... Even though they were not at his level by any stretch, they were what counted for upper class amongst their people, so he supposed it was only fair to give them the same respect and time of day that he gave other people, even though what he had was far, far beyond compare. That also meant the intolerable Zephyros and Zéphyrine merited the same. So, these people put the Roma or Romani people first, and the others next. He couldn't say he could see the point in discriminating by race, when surely getting the best of each group would profit this whole 'Court of Miracles' far more.
    "I see... Interesting. So you, the Roma, who I see here come first. You have an interesting way of organising things here, I must say." Vance commented. She did however bring up the issues of magic users. "So, what about magic users? Where do they all fit into this? 'Zeph' would be a special case if I am not mistaken. Where do they stand in this court of yours? And if you may pardon a little of a more personal question, but you say yourselves are not poor, and I can see you keep yourselves well. How did you come by that? Once again, pardon my questioning, however as you noted I am inquisitive."

[​IMG]

"Yer livin' a hard ol' existence here, mester Spreegan. Ee'm impressed tha' ye've kept all thes together soo long, with tha' as a hand dealt ta ya." Edric spoke, his voice quiet and soft. He could see that the man was having a hard time. "Et's loonely, doown the path ye're walkin', ain't et? Ye've got yer people boot, Ee doon't thenk tha' the oothers really get et, do they? Ee feel fer ya mate, I really doo. Soo, ef Ee happen on ta somethin', soome kinda way ta help ye all oot, Ee'll pass et along. I knoow ye probably don' want charity, boot Ee figure anythin' tha' can heelp with yer situation es a positive. Ef Ee doo feend somethin', oor, ef ye stumble on somethin', you make sure tha' Aysha girl gooes. Et doesn'a matter wha' she says, boot ye have to make sure she gets taken care of."

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Thea could hardly contain her excitement when Skadi asked what. She did want to make her friend guess, but the young girl didn't have the patience to wait through Skadi's guessing. "Vance is going to be my new daddy!" She exclaimed with a wide smile. "He is really nice to me, and he is noble like my family was. I no longer have to be alone!" She exclaimed with a small jump in her step as they walked. "He also said he is going to try to find me a new mommy as well. I can have a real family once again. Isn't that exciting?!" She asked Skadi, hoping her friend would share her excitement.

Thea could hear a voice not far from them, she didn't pay it much mind but she did glance back at Tessa who seemed interested in it a bit. Thea turned back to Skadi with a questioning look, wondering what she was going to do about it. If they were going to go investigate or just keep walking. Thea didn't want to make the call, Tessa didn't seem to be doing anything, so that left it up to Skadi to decide.

[​IMG]
    Silvia worked quietly and diligently for the next few minutes until the tonic was finished and she poured it into a clear glass bottle and stuck a label to it. She then looked up at Leo. "Sorry for ignoring you, the silence is important for me to work. It must be pretty boring for you to watch though." Silvia said as she tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear and studied her other ingredients that she had measured for other tonics. "Perhaps these could be of some use here..." Silvia said, her voice trailing off as she thought about her options of what she was going to do now. She didn't fully know if she wanted to stay but at the same time part of her didn't want to leave this guild behind.

13. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

Pablo had thrown Rennette off several times now, and attacked her comrades further. He even attacked her, although with a spell that did no damage, even if it did look awesome. Perhaps there was a lingering reluctance to harm her specifically. Perhaps.
    However, Rennette knew that this fight couldn't be resolved merely by talking to the Sheep King who she once knew as a lamb. Invoking memories didn't always work was well as she would like.

"Rennette is sorry Pablo, but you are behaving really badly," she told Pablo sternly, with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Rennette is going to have to punish you for this. Sorry."

Rennette used Barrier Surge, blocking for Gaius. (I've seriously got to stop forgetting to block for peeps.)

Mizuki went down the Dark Red End, I guess.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

Leo continued to wait in silence as Silvia finished up with the tonic that she had been working on. The first thing that she did following that was to apologize for ignoring him while she was working. "It's fine. It wasn't boring to watch, in fact it was pretty interesting to watch you make a tonic." Though Leo barely understood the process that she did to make said tonic. When she had mentioned her tonic's being of some use, Leo took another look at it. "So what does it do?"

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Florica nodded. "We don't come by magic users very often. Zeph is the only exception, and The King takes very good care of her. I am a Seer, but it isn't hard for humans to tap into that kind of magic ability, so I am not very special. Lots of the people have that power."

"But not I." Red interrupted. "Well, we adventure. We're pirates. Sort of like how you go on jobs for money, our job is to find it. If there was enough money for me to start a Pirate Guild, I would. But most of the money we make gets split at the end of the month between us. You know." She rested her jaw on her fist, starring at Vance seductively. "Everyone has a price." She bit her lip.

Florica said nothing though she looked slightly embarrassed.

[​IMG]
    "Well, I've had a long time to keep it together." The King of Beggars's gave Edric a small smile. "Thank you, Edric." He nodded "Aisha will be first to go, I just don't know where, yet. Once we're able to pay off our debt here, I know that we won't be sticking around much longer. I actually would like to buy this place. These kids need some kind of stability in there life, and it isn't bad to be here. There are rooms they can stay in, it's in town. It's a bit underground but it doesn't feel so secluded. They meet people, you know." He shrugged. "The most you can do is take care of Zeph." He told him. "Zeph is full of spirit. Troublesome, sometimes, but means well, I think." He laughed again.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  16. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Vance smiled and flushed very slightly. He cursed himself for losing an inch of control there, but quickly managed to regain his composure. He was used to seeing that, with young women trying to (out of genuine attempts or politics) sway him their way. After all, his family was fairly well off and with a daughter linked in their family stood to profit. However, none of that prepared him for the woman who was not exactly clothed properly and on the equivalent social standing as him. Just because she is equivalent in her society doesn't mean that she should be given the same consideration! Honestly! She is behaving entirely improperly! The latter was more the years of education in proprietary talking than his genuine feelings, because at the end of the day he was still a male. Not even he could supress that. Thoughts on her appearance and behaviour aside, he needed to say something witty to rescue him from a potentially embarrassing situation.
    "So, that is why you keep the pistol?" Vance smirked, raising an eyebrow. He leaned back with his arms folded comfortably across his stomach, seemingly to relax. "I wonder, do you keep it loaded at the time? That is hardly safe." That'll do.

[​IMG]

"Aye, thes neighbourhood en't bad by any stretch. Ee'm a pretty good tell fer where there's trouble. There's a lot o' entertainment aroound here, boot I weeger tha' ef ye were ta buy, ye could make a tavern or bar oot o' thes rather than what et es now." Edric added, thinking back to his days when he worked a more pedestrian job as a guard. A few flashes of his old squad came back to him, before other things came. Blood spattered over a wooden floor. A woman in a nightdress, once white now stained red and the flashing steel of a knife. He gritted his teeth and tried to push the thoughts away. Leaning down to hold the woman, the tears streaming down her face. A man out of the corner of his eye. Dropping the woman and whipping a sword out of its sheath. The man collapsing in a spray of red. A scream, behind him, another man. Edric looked around desperately and swiped a drink off the waitress' tray, knocking other drinks off and spilling them over the floor in his panic. He gulped it down hurriedly, before scrambling for another one. He noticed he had left one on the table and downed that too before grabbing a third from some other table. He stumbled away, back to where Spriggan was stood and clutched his head. It hurt, but the memories were gone again, hidden safely under a cloud of drink. It was only then that he realised that he had been hyperventilating and that he had accidentally stolen someone else's drink. He flipped 10 Jewels over to the surprised and angry looking patron.
    "Mai apologies, everyone." He said generally, shivering. He looked back at Spriggan. "Soorry aboot tha'. Noo, where the fuck were we? Ah, tha's right. Aye, Ee'll take the best care Ee can o' Zeph. Soo long as she doon't cause too much of a scene. Besides, the money she makes well be handy fer ya."

17. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG][​IMG]
    "Well then I need another drink. Please excuse me." Florica nodded. "Conrad would you mind coming with me." She said standing up and going to get another drink.

"A girl has to be ready for anything, you know." Red grinned at him flirtatiously. She took the pistol out, shot it in the air to show it wasn't loaded. She then ran the pistol down his chest temptingly. "I can see you want to, I can see it in your eyes..." She licked her lips, putting her hand on Vance's leg. "And I can feel it too." She bit her lip.

[​IMG]
    The King of Beggars's looked at Edric oddly, but he started to understand. Edric was having some kind of panic attack, could that be it? The more he thought about it the more he began to realize. The drinking, how he needed to drink. He made a mental note of that. "You're shivering my friend." He said, his voice dripping with concern. "Maybe you need a little rest and recreation." He chuckled. "Not one of those women, but a woman." He told Edric, not meaning the Brothel selection.

18. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Vance was a little concerned when Florica said she was going to leave and asked Conrad to come with her. As soon as she drew the pistol out and fired it in the air to show it wasn't loaded, he feared more for what was to come. Things only took a greater turn for the worse as she ran the pistol down his chest and he could feel the hand sliding up his leg. His eyes opened wide and he sat upright in shock. He blinked a couple of times, reining in his surprise and shock, but it was far, far too late for that. Blast it! I am being defeated by this woman! How is this possible? I am Vance Dorian, firstborn son of Steffan Dorian and heir to the Dorian house and name! How is it that I cannot control my emotions in the face of this scantily dressed pirate! She's a pirate! A thief! Someone that I would never acquaint myself with and I cannot at all possible conceive giving way to this! This is ridiculous, it cannot, nay must not happen! I'll get you for this Shani! He realised very quickly that he had lost. I... I actually don't have any ideas. I, Vance Dorian, have faced down spirits of great power, been cursed by a green witch into being denied a wife and after all that I have been trained for and experienced I have been defeated by not being able to control my natural desire for a woman. He tried to slide backwards in the chair, but he was already right up again the back. With the most composed look on his face and no longer unable to stop the blush creeping up his face, he managed to utter a few words.
    "I... I... You appear to have me at a disadvantage here Miss Shani." Vance stammered. He closed his eyes and reopened them slowly before looking down at where her hand was. he sighed. "Why must women be so... Alluring. I confess, you have me beat. I've never found myself in quite this situation before." The man's voice was tinged with nervousness. What was he meant to do now? There was no salvation to be found from Conrad that he could expect...

[​IMG]

"Noo mate. Ee thenk a woman would oonly make the whoole affair worse." Edric answered, sounding exasperated. His breathing had calmed down and the shaking was getting less bad, but there was a paleness to his complexion that hadn't left. He stood himself up straight and pulled over a spare seat. He fell heavily on to it and leaned up again the back of it, looking up to stretch his neck. He felt a little better for sitting down, but the chills were still inside. He grabbed another drink from a tray of a passing waitress and gulped it down. "Ta be hoonest, at teems like thes, Ee'm best off by meself or company tha' doon't remind me o' things" He clenched his empty hand into a fist.
    "Fucking hell. Say, mester Spreegan. You got anythin' hauntin' ya? Somethin' tha' ye can't forget?" Edric asked sombrely.

19. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

[​IMG]
    She whispered to him, her voice still sultry. "Never?" She raised her eyebrow. "I'm surprised." She gave him a small smirk. "Why don't we go somewhere a little more... private?"

[​IMG]
    The King of Beggars' thought about this, calling the waitress over to bring Edric some more drinks. "Oh, loads. Loads and loads of things." He gestured. "But some good company helps you forget, at least more then drinks can. Drinking can make you reckless, you know. That's why I choose, other methods."

20. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

"Ah... Fair. Et works fer me. I always liked the taste o' thes stuff." Edric grabbed another drink and guzzled it. "Boot, et en't fer everyone. An' yer right, good company es the best solution. Me ol' friend Caliborn was good fer tha'. Even Cassie back at the guild. I figured she'd remind me o' things, but nah. But Cassie es a special case. Noot as special as Meekasa mind ye, boot unlike her Cassie en't the stressful kinda special. Oh, don' get me wrong, Ee like Cass boot there en't romance there before ye go thinkin'. She's just a friend that heelps when Ee get like this sometimes. Sometime a good friend es far moore valuable, am Ee right?" He smiled, thinking about some of the folks at the guild. They did more for him than most of them knew. Even the new people did something, always kept something on his mind or made him think about things. Of course, they wouldn't know that. Not even his closest friends knew about everything. They just knew that something happened. He never really wanted to discuss it.

[​IMG]

Vance knew that he had to draw the line here. Here, and no further. There was no way he could allow himself to be drawn in like this. Succumbing to this woman would be a borderline offence to his family and his personal pride. To be won over so easily... Even he knew the implications of what she said.
    "Now Miss Shani that would entirely depend on what we'd be doing elsewhere" He said, trying to manoeuvre his way out of things with all the skillful talk he could muster. "After all, many things can happen in private. And you're armed, I am not. It would be dangerous for me I think." He knew the excuse was poor and he knew that she knew too. He wanted to get away, but he knew that would be rude. Deep down, he was forced to admit to himself that he was enjoying the company and the banter. More so than anything, he was just concerned about what could happen in a private place, particularly in this sort of area. He had never had any experience at all and well, to be thrown in at the deep end like this was far too much for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.