if i post a single image in a non spam zone thread, does that increase my post count?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Shinichi Izumi, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

plz answer .

2. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

If you post in the Playground, then nope. But I think that it counts as a post in other parts of the forums that are not a part of the Fun and Games area.

3. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

ok, i was just wondering, thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1382277092][/DOUBLEPOST]but i was thinking it would not, since you need a 5 word minimum or something to qualify as a post.[DOUBLEPOST=1382278239][/DOUBLEPOST]what about just a link?

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

Outside of the SpamZone, if you post just an image, it's pretty much not a question that the post will be removed for spam. :v Even in Graphic Art, you're expected to write something to go along with the image, even if it is just a short blurb. For everywhere else though, you can post images but you need to also explain and be able to contribute more to the discussion than just a picture.

Think of it this way: if you were in a discussion with someone about politics and you just held up a picture of a lolcat without saying anything, does that really add on to the topic at hand? Generally, as a rule of thumb, I usually encourage posting at least 3 sentences worth of info in areas like Discussion or the Nook or Movies/Media, since unless you're going out of your way to make that the spammiest or most off topic post ever, it will probably not be deleted.