Ib Roleplay: Return to the Fabricated World

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by mindstorm787, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Video Game: Ib Roleplay: Return to the Fabricated World
    [​IMG]
    a Video Game Roleplay created by Mindstorm787
    [Puzzler|Romantic|Horror] (OOC THREAD)

NOTE: THIS THREAD IS BASED OFF THE GAME, BUT THIS STORY IS PURELY ORIGINAL.
    IF YOU WISH TO KNOW WHAT THIS GAME IS ALL ABOUT, CLICK HERE!

-Introduction-
    "Welcome, and warmly-painted greetings, tourists and hobbyists alike, to Guertena's Museum! I will be your tour guide for today as we embark on a painter's mysterious view of the world around him through the eyes of his paintings.
    On the far left wall is the famous 'Lady in Red'. Don't let her beautiful looks fool you, she will steal your rose- er, heart if you're not careful.
    [​IMG]

On the right you see a painted Tarot representation of the 'Hanged Man', another one of the famous paintings created by
    that of your's truly!"
    [​IMG]
    "And...what else...AH! Yes..probably the most famous of them all..'Goodbye'. This painting in particular has a special story behind it. A lot of theories revolve around it, but many agree that the story goes a little like this":

[​IMG]
    Once upon a time, there was a girl by the name of Ib. She was quiet, but kind, and she and her parents decided to visit this very gallery that we stand in today. But as soon as her parents let her out of their sights, the museum itself changed and twisted into a painted world so wild and surreal, but incredibly dangerous. But Ib was not alone in this dangerous realm. Two people, named Gary and Mary, both were caught in the Fabricated World, and all three made a vow to make it back to the normal world alive, together. However, Gary soon found out that Mary was nothing more than a painting herself, just like the world around them all. Ib, on the other hand, became smitten with both of her newfound colleagues, and soon found to love them completely.
    Sadly, Mary revealed her true intentions to both Ib and Gary. Just as they had found a portal back to this very Museum, Mary threatened to kill Gary and go with Ib to the real world, as she could not go out on her own as a painting. Just before that could happen, Ib stopped Mary by getting in her way. Mary had a special place for Ib, and she couldn't kill Gary without hurting Ib. Ib likewise, loved them both, but she knew that she had to decide who should leave, and which two would go.

Now, upon entering, Ib had received a special red rose. The rose itself was tied to Ib's life; if it became damaged, Ib would die. With that knowledge, Ib finally made her decision. A decision that would forever haunt these gallery walls. She took out the precious rose, and ripped the petals off the stem, destroying it. With whatever strength Ib had left, she pushed her two friends into the portal, and she lay down, weak and tired. She died, laying in the Fabricated World, unbeknownst to even her friends, as the portal separating this world and the Fabricated one causes us to lose our memories of the painted world.
    However, Mary, being a painting, remembered everything. Both Gary and Mary came to this very painting, and Mary recognized this very painting as her friend. Ib, who never regretted her decision to leave her parents or life behind, was happy to save her two friends.
    Even as thorns pierce her own body, even as she seems trapped and unable to do anything, she smiles, knowing she did the right thing.
    And the right thing she did.

"*Sigh*, yes, this is indeed by far the most beautiful painting that I've seen in the gallery. One man's work definitely is cut out for a viewer's emotion. Anyway, this is where we will stop. For everyone here, I am giving a scavenger hunt to find certain paintings around the museum. I am passing out lists for everyone in this tour group. The person or group who finds the paintings on the list described will receive a prize.
    Be mindful though, as nothing in this man's gallery is as what is seems."

-Story-
    You participated in a tour of Guertena's Gallery and were first tasked to a scavenger hunt. The hunt involves you finding various paintings within the gallery. However, as you search the gallery, you soon realize that your parent(s) have gone missing. Something is wrong in this gallery. Curious, you investigate to find what exactly is going on as you dive into Guertena's Fabricated World.

-Rules-
    -1. As this rule is reinforced everywhere on the forum, I will say it anyway, NO GODMODDING OR METAGAMING! I know everyone wants to go over the top, but seriously, no.
    -2. Time isn't really associated with the story, but if you don't plan on staying active long term, then don't even join. You must at least post once every 2 weeks.
    -3. Your lives are tied to a rose from the beginning of this story until you leave the thread. You CAN die in this thread, but only for a short time, depending on the situation. If your colleagues decide to help you, you will return to the story itself. Overall, you must help your allies. Look at the Game Guide for more details.
    -4. Swearing and dating is allowed, but to be kept PG-13. Nothing mature in this thread please. Be mindful that this thread follows the standard rules of KH-Vids.
    -5. Any infractions that violates first 3 rules (excluding 2 and 3) already stated will result in a strike. 3 strikes, and you will be asked to leave.
    -6. Your character must follow a base color. In order to do this, color the Character Skeleton in the color your character description follows.
    -7. You don't have to play the original game to know how to play this. If you have though, I will let you know that you will be starting at the END and finish at the BEGINNING.
    -8. You may control certain NPCs for certain actions (e. g. Talking, moving, etc.), but I will remind you that all events will be controlled by me.
    -9. You can have as many characters as you want. Just try not to overwork yourself in doing so. Too many characters can equal too many problems, including memorization and story standing.
    -10. Check the OOC every once in a while for updates.
    -11. I have the power to change and/or establish rules.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Sylar Memphis
    Mood: Bored/Questionable | Location: Guertena's Gallery | OOC: So it begins...

Sylar was trying to prevent himself from falling asleep at the tour guide's rambling. He forced his own eyelids to remain open as the tour guide went through the "Goodbye" story, and paid better attention. He had heard it about 26 times exactly, including this time around. The reason he paid special attention was that he felt that the story was too real. He always paid attention to the middle part of the story. It was hard to believe that one little nine-year-old girl would have such willingness to give up her life so soon. Sylar flashed a glance to the portrait of the sad, smiling girl. She looked very real in detail.

Sylar had been doing this for a couple of weeks now. He had no idea why, but there was something about that painting that seemed off. He couldn't say what, but it was strange how a story like that can be based so heavily on a painting. Not to mention a surreal story, mind you.

As the story came to a close, the guide made an announcement that there would be a gallery Scavenger Hunt, which made Sylar raise an eyebrow. He had been to Guertena's Gallery all his life, and this was the first time he heard of an activity such like this. Oh well, he suddenly thought, maybe this is because today seems to be the only day where there are more kids then adults. He checked his watch. He had one hour before he needed to return home, but he decided to do the Scavenger Hunt. He went up to the guide and he took his paper specifying the paintings he needed to find. As he took the sheet, the guide, an elderly man, bent and murmured to Sylar, "I know that you must have some doubts of this painting. I've seen you around for quite some time, young sir."
    Sylar stiffened, as if prepared for a slap on the face. Was this a trick?
    The man continued,
    "The answers you seek are around this gallery. Go, do this hunt. I will guarantee that you will find them."

Sylar took in a sharp breath. That was weird. Though the man had said it as kindly as any grandparent would do for any child, the man had said it in such a way that sent chills up Sylar's spine. He looked at his sheet, trying to disregard the incident. He first needed to find "The Juggler". An easy task. He had been to Guertena's gallery so many times that he knew the paintings like the back of his hand. He took off, hoping not to have anymore weird situations.

3. Ghost King's Apprentice

It took forever for ash's father to finally agree to go to Guertena's Museum. She would have gone by herself but the walk was way too long and her dad had a car. So while the tag along adult went off to look at the paintings, Ash decided to go on the tour so she could get a better description of each of the paintings. And it was free, so that was a plus.
    The first painting they stopped at was the 'Lady in Red'. She was indeed beautiful just like the tour guide had claimed, but the 'Hanged Man' painting had also seem interesting. Since she had her own deck of Tarot cards so she was familiar with it and what it meant. The tour eventually came to what seemed like the most intriguing painting in the museum, 'Goodbye'. The story behind it was so detailed that Ash was completely mesmerized by it for a few seconds. She looked at the smiling girl in the painting who had sacrificed herself for her two friends.
    She snapped back into reality when she was handed a list of paintings around the museum for a scavenger hunt. Ash decided to participate in it alone since there was no one to team up with. 'The Juggler' was the first painting on the list she needed to find. She didn't exactingly know where the painting was. So she decided to wander around until she found it.

4. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Sylar Memphis
    Mood: Thoughtful/Bewildered | Location: Guertena's Gallery | OOC: N/A

Sylar walked through the very halls, looking for the "Juggler" but no matter where he looked, he couldn't seem to find. He swore that one certain hall held the very painting. He stopped looking, exasperated, and checked his list.
    "This better not be a wild goose chase." Sylar muttered, "I've been to this museum hundreds of times! If I see that tour guide I'll-" A figure accidentally knocked Sylar over, making him fall on his back, dropping paper in the process.

"I'm so sorry! Are you ok?"
    Sylar looked up to see a tall boy standing over him. He looked relatively older, about 17. He wore a navy trenchcoat almost too large for him, and he had messy purple hair, part of it covering his left eye. Sylar looked the boy up and down, and noticed that he had a companion with him, a girl to be exact. The boy held out a hand, motioning Sylar to take it. Sylar did so, and the boy heaved, helping Sylar up. Sylar picked up his paper, sizing up the boy and his companion. They must be relatives or close friends, as nobody else accompanied them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Are you alright?" The boy asked again.
    "Fine." Sylar replied. "Just looking for the Juggler painting." He emphasized, holding up the paper, showing it to the boy. As the boy took it from Sylar, and took a look at it, Sylar looked closer at the boy's colleague. The girl didn't look at all like the boy. She had golden-blonde hair and green blouse. She was shorter than Sylar and the boy, and seemed very timid, standing directly behind the boy, but revealed herself enough so she could see Sylar. She shrunk a little as Sylar looked on. Sylar had a weird feeling that the girl looked very fam

"It would seem appropriate that the Juggler is down that way," The boy finally said, "At least, I think I remember. It's been a while since me and my sister have been here."
    Sylar looked up at this comment. "I must say, this place is weird in general."
    "Truly, I must agree." replied the boy. He seemed to speak in a feminine manner. "My name is Garry."
    "Sylar." Sylar responded. He kneeled a little smiling to the girl friendily before asking, "And your friend?"
    Garry turned around. "This is my sister, Mary." He kneeled, whispering to her, "Say hi Mary. He doesn't bite."
    Mary quietly took a short step forward, putting both hands behind her back. "Hi." She said nervously.
    For a couple of seconds, Sylar felt awkward. This little girl seemed truly scared of him, a mere stranger. Suddenly Sylar had an idea. He took his information sheet, the one of the scavenger hunt, and tore the bottom paper off the paperclip attaching the packet. He then rolled the paper, crumpling it, making it loog like a straw. Sylar then adjusted one of the ends, making the end bigger and rounder, like a little bowl. The end result was an uncolored paper rose. Though not real, it was as close as anyone can get to a real rose. Sylar held it to Mary.
    Mary was a little surprised as what Sylar had done. She gingerly took the rose from him and looked it over. She then looked back up at Sylar and gave a shy smile.
    "Thank you." She said meekly.

"No," Sylar replied, "Thank your brother. It's the least I could do since he helped me out a little."
    "Don't mention it." Garry replied modestly, "Just helping others out."
    Sylar looked at him, and dipped his head, saying, "Well keep it up."

Garry and his sister walked off, Mary with a new spring to her step, her hand clutching the uncolored rose. Sylar looked on as his eyes strayed elsewhere. He suddenly froze.
    To his side, the Lady in Red was giving a glare at him. Sylar blinked.
    The Lady in Red looked normal.
    "Maybe it was a trick of the light." Sylar thought, allowing himself to relax. But he got tense again, as he realized that both names Garry and Mary were the same names behind the Goodbye painting. When Sylar looked around, Mary and Garry were gone. As if this day didn't get any weirder!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  5. Ghost King's Apprentice

Her plan to wander around until she found the painting was taking much longer than expected. Although being able to look at the other paintings as she went through the museum gave her a chance to see the ones that weren't on the list. But nonetheless, Ash had to continue on with the scavenger hunt. She headed towards an area she was positive she hadn't checked yet, but when she walked by a wall of paintings she thought she heard a cat meow. They allowed animals in here? She whipped her head around expecting to see a cat but all that was there was a painting. Weird. Ash shrugged it off and convinced herself that her imagination was playing tricks on her.

She eventually stopped at "The Juggler". She didn't think this painting would be that hard to find though. But then again she was probably the only one in the museum who had trouble finding it. Which also meant that she was behind everyone else. Still she found the painting which made a smile appear on her face. It quickly faded in to a frown after realizing that she hadn't seen her father in some time. She had expected to run into him at least once while wandering around, but she hadn't. Maybe he got lost. Ash wasn't sure how it was possible to get lost in a museum like this. There was probably a chance though. He was most likely just waiting at the entrance because she was taking to long. Forgetting about that for a minute, Ash glanced down at her list to see what other painting she had to find next. Hopefully this one wouldn't be hard to find.

6. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Sylar Memphis

Mood: Thoughtful/Bewildered | Location: Guertena's Gallery

Sylar's next objective was to find the Fabricated World painting. It wasn't hard to find, as it was a large painting that was accompanied by a lonely hall. Sylar entered that hall, his quiet footsteps somehow echoing in the hall. Even though there were people in the gallery, Sylar couldn't here anyone in this hall. Sylar didn't notice however, but instead looked at the large mural. It was another of Guertena's better works, the largest ever documented. It also happened to be one of Sylar's favorites, as it was easiest to find, not to mention well painted.
    Suddenly, Sylar sighed deeply. For some reason, he wished to find the many mysteries of his own idol, as Guertena had disappeared mysteriously. Though gone, people are still recovering paintings in various locations, all by Guertena himself. He also wanted to know about the girl from the "Goodbye" painting.

Sylar heard a 'Splat' sound, forcing him out of his daydream. Out of the corner of his eyes, just below the painting, there was a sentence, splattered in blue paint. Sylar looked a little closer, reading it out.

"Looking for answers? Look around a little better.."

Sylar stepped away and rubbed his eyes. He knew very well that the writing wasn't there when he arrived, and it couldn't have "just" happened. But as he reopened his eyes again, the paint was still there. It even began to run.
    The lights flickered, causing Sylar to look up. What the heck was going on? Sylar ran out of the hall, only to stop dead.

There was no one in the halls.
    Not even a single person.

"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Sylar thought to himself. He ran through the empty gallery, looking for anyone. But he found no one. To make matters worse, the lights had begun to dim. Sylar started hearing footsteps from above. Sylar by now felt like he was growing mad. He ran back to the hall of the "Fabricated World". As he got there, he suddenly began to feel tired. Unable to resist, he knelt down, huffing and puffing. So far, his entire day has been weird, and it already began to turn frightening by the minute. Sylar wanted to rest. His eyes shut a little, as he allowed himself to fall. As he hit the ground, he was seeing nothing but black.

7. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]

Ash was on her way to find another painting and like before she still had no idea where it was. She didn't want to wander around again because it would take too much time which would put her behind the other people in the scavenger hunt. Turning on her heels, Ash made her way down a a hoping that it was the one the painting was in.

As she continued down the hall, she noticed the noise in the gallery had went down and it was almost silent. Weird. She was pretty sure she would have been able to hear other things besides the clicking of her shoes against the floor. But there was nothing. Ash stopped when she saw a beautiful sculpture of a rose. She didn't know that Guertena had made a sculpture. Looking at it closer she realized she had passed the sculpture earlier but had moved on only taking a glance at it. It looked different though, like it was missing a petal or something. That couldn't be right though since it wasn't a real flower. The girl decided not to stress over it and turned the corner.

She had came to an open space in the gallery. Looking around Ash saw that there was now one to be seen in the area. IN fact it was just as empty as the hall she was just in. Walking through the rest of the gallery, there any people in there at all. We did they go? Where was she? This was turning out to be an interesting trip to the museum.

The lights flickered once or twice then went dark. Ash could still make out where she was going but she was starting to get nervous. Was this some kind of prank. If it was it was a horrible one and she didn't like it. Ash walked up to one of the painting and reached her hand out to touch it. There was what looked like to be paint seeping from the edges of it. And when her hand touched it the world around her turned dark.

8. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Sylar Memphis
    Mood: Thoughtful/Bewildered | Location: Unknown

Sylar woke with a start. He blinked his eyes, once, twice, but continued to see black, even though he mentally knew he was wide awake. He suddenly realized that he was in a black room. He looked around. It was about the same size as the hall of the Fabricated World painting, and it even had the same painting there. The only difference was that the background was white and it looked a lot like....

The gallery. Sylar soon realized he wasn't in the gallery. This place, it felt different. Too different. As if he had been teleported to a new world. The Fabricated World. Like in the story. Sylar also realized that he wasn't alone in the room.
    There, lying on the floor, was the girl from the story, Ib. She looked as if asleep, peaceful even. Scattered around her were red rose petals, and a rose stem. It was the very same rose that was tied to her life. She had ripped it apart, like as if she was torn between he loyalty between....Gary and Mary. So that's what it was.
    Sylar walked over to Ib's small body, and picked up the stem. He bent down, touched a finger to her neck. Sylar's eyes widened. There was still a beat, but it was really slow, really deep, as if in a deep sleep. Sylar looked at the stem carefully. If she was still alive, that could only mean that the rose was too. All he had to do was give it some water.

But where? Sylar carefully slipped the rose stem into his pocket, and walked down the small hall, and opened the door, leading into what looked like an exact copy of the Gallery itself.

Sylar has obtained a Rose Stem!

9. Ghost King's Apprentice

[​IMG]

When Ash woke up she was was still in the gallery. Well, at least it looked like the gallery. This one was like an alternate, darker version of it. She wasn't entirely sure how she ended up there. The last thing that Ash did was touched the painting. But that didn't have anything to do with it. Did it? Just thinking about it gave her chills.

She scanned the area around her only to find that she was alone. It normally wouldn't bother her but the darkness freaked her out a little. Lifting herself off the ground Ash stood up. It was amazing how much it resembled the gallery. And if she was here all alone that meant it was up to her to find a way out. Ash inched cautiously down one of the halls, careful to notice everything she passed so she wouldn't end up going in circles.

The room she came too next looked exactly like the one she had wandered into when she first went into the gallery. Except it was, you know.... darker. Looking around the room Ash began to devise a plan on how to get out.

10. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Sylar Memphis
    Mood: Ambient | Location: Black Gallery

Sylar looked around, still surprised. Everything from the gallery, was here. The only difference was that the paintings. They seemed to be alive. As if some of them would be able to jump out of the canvas. But that was physically impossible. Was it?
    Sylar suddenly found himself rethinking about his idol. Was Guertena some kind of magician? Did he do all this? Did he trap Ib here?
    "No." Sylar thought to himself. "He wouldn't be able to. Nothing in his history says otherwise."
    But he knew that he had to get out of here. Even though this might be filled with living paintings, but maybe some could be dangerous.

Sylar's eyes suddenly fell on a desk, with a vase and a book nearby one of the portraits.The vase held what looked like a purple rose. Sylar jogged over and looked into the vase. It held a little bit of water. Sylar gently took the purple rose, placed it on the book, took out Ib's rose stem, and placed it in the vase. In a matter of seconds, 5 red rose petals materialized on the stem, blooming and filling outward. Sylar smiled, knowing that Ib will be alright. His eyes suddenly fell to the purple rose on the book. he picked up the rose, and studied it carefully. It felt like it had a strange, living energy within. According to the story, Ib's rose was tied to her life, that can only mean that this rose my be tied to his own life. Sylar placed both roses in a safe place, and sighed, relieved.

KERR-KRASH!

Sylar snapped out of his relief at the sound of a noise nearby. He then turned, and quickly walked back to the hall where Ib was asleep, to make sure she was alright.

Little did Sylar know that the sound came from the Lady in Red, falling of her wall foundation.

Sylar recieves a Purple Rose!

Sylar recieves a Red Rose!

The Game has been saved!

• In this game, you will be preforming puzzles of different kinds, and interacting with different things. Make sure you check every room in case you miss any items that you might need.
    • You can die. You have a rose that is tied to your life, and if it dies, so do you. Avoid all enemies, as you cannot kill them. To replenish your health, find a filled water vase.

In the event that you do die, it isn't over for you. If one of your allies are still alive and are currently with you, they can replenish your rose.
    • If you find a desk, use it to your advantage. If everyone dies, they will restart at the last point saved. Save often.

Last edited: May 6, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.