Digital Art I tried

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by reptar, Sep 22, 2012.

1. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[​IMG]
    That's all I can say.
    A lot of FFXIII custom covers have way too much going on (well I guess thats why they don't like the original simplistic one) so I wanted to make a custom one that is still simplistic. I honestly have no clue why I did FFXIII of all games, I guess FF is just fun to play with in Photoshop.
    I still have things to fix up (the stuff in the ESRB need to be changed, etc) and would love your opinions.
    I also just wanted a project to keep me occupied and stuff.

[​IMG]

[if anyone is actually interested and I fix the mistakes I can try and make it printable]

2. Hayabusa Venomous

First thing that caught my eye was the ugly ugly side cover. Dat generic text against dat generic white. You probably knew this though...

Next, the back cover. I actually like the idea of the block of text, but it isn't Justified all the way, as I can see some lines going further than others. You can remedy this by using the Text tool and making a box first before typing stuff. Then, it's missing the bar on top, but you probably knew this. Also, I'd say to decrease the prominence of the text. Give the image more room instead of simply being like a backdrop.

Finally, the front cover. I really like the shot of Lightning you picked, though it doesn't seem to blend well with the title? I dunno, might just be cause one seems blurrier than the other. Also, I'd say to show a littie more contrast with the background.

3. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, the side cover is just a stand in at the moment, and I will look for a more HQ title. Thank you for the advice though, I will work on the back and give it more contrast and fix up the text on the back. Again, thanks for the critique!

EDIT: I noticed that the title was not under a certain option I wanted it to be, thanks for pointing it out.

EDIT2: I worked on it a bit more.
    [​IMG]

4. Hayabusa Venomous

The side is better, but now the letters seem a little big to me, like they've been stretched. Not sure if you actually did that.

The back looks a lot better, less cluttered now. Not much else to comment on.

The front, I like the color tweaking you did, though now the title's colors look over saturated? And the blending you did with Lightning's hair and the title is...okay, I suppose. Not sure how you could improve on that.

5. Yozora Archer

Front cover. I mean....its just so blurry looking. That only works for stuff like sigs and spicing up images for fun, but for a cover I think you should make it clear, and then have some effects around her or something. It just doesn't dance right as it is now to me. Maybe make the image of Lightning smaller as well, since I can't imagine holding up a video game box with a huge arse image of a character crowding up all the space.

Also, the back text is too facking big. Its just meh at the moment, what with the boring background. You should add some images like they do in the back of video game boxes, and have small text next to em.

I think that's all I have to say.