Anime Hyperdimension Neptunia: The Animation

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by kitty_mckechnie, Mar 30, 2013.

1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Out this Summer. Nothing has been stated about the story or anything (but if you've played/watched the game you can kinda guess how it could go), except that the CPU Candidates will be featured, but if it follows the games sense of humour it should be hilarious.

http://nep-anime.tv/

2. Mysty Unknown

Leave it to Fang to beat me to a Neptunia thread. After watching a gamethrough of the first game, I cant help but fall for the series. The concept is great and the character designs are just... you know. For plot purposes, I suspect something along the lines of fighting the major piracy devices out there or even hacking/ cheating devices like AR or GS.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Really looking forward to seeing this in the summer. It'll give me yet another anime to watch when I have nothing to do.

4. Fellangel Bichael May

Haven't played it yet, but you bet I'll be playing the Hyperdimension games. I'm also very excited to see this as an anime series. GAWD I LOVE THE INTO 8D

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

New trailer and air date.

The beginning had me in stitches. I usually wait for animes to end before I start watching them but given how much I enjoy the series I don't think I can wait. xD

6. Mysty Unknown

The first episode came out on Friday. I watched it and I can say I wasn't too impressed. Its only 1 episode in so I will just wait for the game to progress

7. Fellangel Bichael May

Just watched the first episode...I dunno. Seems like there's a LOT of fanservice at the moment where it's kinda distracting me from the plot of the anime. I hope they tone it down a little so I don't get like drowned in large chests. It's a decent start though. Good incorporation of the game mechanics so far c:

8. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Significance! I asked a friend about Neptunia right before I was about to download it and he told me it was fanservice central. Now I am reluctant to explicitly take a look just yet, primarily because my schedule is already tied up. Then again, Neptunia never took itself seriously, so this may be a partwise case of changing media and altering the content to fit it. Alas.

9. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I've seen the first two episodes and from what I've seen so far I'd say its more aimed at fans of the game series rather than attracting new fans. There is A LOT of fanservice but the game series had more than its fair share, its just that this fanservice is animated lol.

I've enjoyed the first two episodes but I put that down to me knowing the game series. So things like the Dogoo affair and Trick aren't so awkward since they happen in the game. Its funny but it doesn't make me laugh as much as the games. I definitely plan on watching the rest but its not the type of anime I would recommend to anyone. Its more of a guilty pleasure, to be honest. xD

P.S David Production cannot do breasts! >: