Help

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Chad Thundercucc, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I'm a Playstation loyalist, but the Xbone is looking pretty good right now with the voice command stuff it's got going on. Especially since all of the games I'm hyped for (KH3, FFXV, FF: Type-0) are coming out for both systems, and since most of my friends have the Xbone anyway. Persona 5 is the only PS4 exclusive I'm hyped for, but that's also coming out for the PS3, so I can just get that version.

So, should I just buy the PS4, have faith that they're gonna upgrade their voice commands on their camera thing, and just hope for their VR headset to be released soon? Or just buy the Xbone with its voice commands?

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I have a buddy with an Xbox One. I plan to get one because the interface with Kinect (voice wise) is great, it has a bunch of games I can't get elsewhere on a console, and it has all the same multiplat games like FFXV. I don't care about The Order: 1886, Bloodborne, or inFamous sooooo I don't ever really have a reason for a PS4. LittleBigPlanet? 'Course, we did just get Project Spark.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

I'd say go for it. Imo, if a console has all the stuff you're excited about on it and is something you think you'd get a lot of play out of, it's best to go for that one than the competitor, even if that competitor is the brand you've usually stuck with. Tastes and the market change, so you shouldn't have to feel like you have to go one way or another. Besides, if the PS4 does end up picking up some stuff you're interested in over time, you could probably splurge for it later down the line if it's something you wanna do.

4. The Fuk? Dead

Why not buy a gaming PC and stick with that?

5. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I still can't forgive Xbone for E3 2013, but if you want one that's up to you.

6. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I would wait a while before buying. Sony outlined their new update and it apparently has improved Voice Control (buying a console for voice control wut? but if that floats your boat) among other things. There will be deals and steals going on before Christmas (You could try Black Friday lol) for both consoles, so have a look at both and weigh them up before deciding. Spending $400+ on a console then deciding you want the other is an awful waste.

P.S I wouldn't get a console cause it has voice control. But maybe that's just me.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I dislike both consoles so my loyalties are pretty much dead. PS3's really hit me hard when they took out the backwards compatibility for PS2 games. I can't take the heartache the PS4 is bringing with it (though I'll probably get one anyway).

I say go with your gut and if that doesn't work then try ...

^this. If you wait, you can look at each system in more depth. Not only that, initial prices of consoles are ridiculous. It's getting to be a waste of money; pardon my french. Waiting sounds like the best option if you're really having trouble deciding.

Black Friday is an option ... with online shopping it's a lot cleaner. You could give that a go. You might get lucky and end up with both consoles for the price of one.

8. Karuta Reborn

lol voice commands

9. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Because none of the games I actually care about are coming to PC.

Yeah, but I mean let's face it. The PS4 and Xbone are pretty much the same thing at this point. The only thing that's really separating them is the voice controls and the exclusives. I know it sounds ridiculous on paper, but you have no idea how convenient that thing is. My friend has an Xbone and it's so much fun to use the voice commands, especially for like Netflix.

Yeah, me neither. But still...

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Pretty much this.

11. libregkd -

12. Hayabusa Venomous

Dat 900p tho.

What games are you looking for with the Xbox One?

13. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Okay, let's stop saying this like it's freakin' canon.

THERE ARE GAMES ON XBOX ONE AND BEING MADE ON XBOX THAT ARE 1080P and 60FPS. Not mocked, not stretched, they're native. Any developer that goes 900p SHOULD NOT be excused because "oh, they're working on Xbox" The hardware is more than capable of it as Bungie, 343, and even Blizzard have proven. Microsoft has stepped in previously to help Blizzard make Diablo 3 1080p/60fps. It is not the fault of the console. IT IS THE FAULT OF THE DEVELOPERS.

CRITIQUE THE PEOPLE WHO'RE MAKING THE GAME FOR NOT TRYING

I don't critique the PS4 for "The Order" being low specs, I critique ReadyAtDawn for trying to emulate film.

Even then, will it be a bad game? I don't know, because game quality can't be quantified to numbers. It doesn't even help to have a game in 1080p/60fps with overall game quality. There are TERRIBLE games on Steam RIGHT NOW with those specs. They run smoothly. They're crap and culturally bankrupt.

"BUT 60FPS GIVES BETTER CON-"

Vanquish.

"BUT IT LIMI-"

Vanquish.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If you're still calling it the "XBone," do you really want it?

15. libregkd -

16. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

17. Hayabusa Venomous

Dude

It was a joke

I'm glad you blame the right guys though, as I do too. Pathetic trying to push their games as "HD" and not even bothering to fit actual HD displays. I'll gladly take smaller crowds and slightly less high quality textures so long as it's at least rendering in 1080

Still think games by now should be striving for 60 FPS though.

18. libregkd -

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

20. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Be warned that if you get an XB1 I will constantly pester you to buy Fibbage and host games for us