Today marks six years since the official opening of KH-Vids.Net by Deathspank in 2005. In this time, the site has had its ups and downs—between being sold twice, losing Deathspank (and other fantastic staff members), a rollercoaster of activity, a number of hacks, the timewarp... we’ve been through a lot. It is truly fantastic to have reached six years of the site going strong.
It couldn’t have been done without you, the users, who continuously come to us for all Kingdom Hearts news, videos, audio, and discussion, as well as all the other consistent activity in sections like Graphic Art, the Creativity Corner, Discussion, the Production Studio, the RP Arena, Forum Families, and, yes, even the Spam Zone. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to extend our gratitude to all of you, for your persistent support of the site. Personally, I would also like to thank our staff team, past and present, for all the hard work they have put into making this site amazing. It’s an honor to work with you all.
Now, for the fun stuff!
As some may know, for both the anniversary and the holiday season, it is tradition for us to have a number of events and announcements in December. This year is no exception. The first of what is to come, it is my proud duty to unveil KH-Vids 5.0.
There is still a lot to be done on the skins—already there are some changes and additions (mostly some sheen and some gloss!) I am working on, but I am comfortable releasing them in their current incarnation.
- Dark and Lite flavours—something for everyone!
- Fixed display issues that came along with our upgrade to 4.1.3.
- Fixed width, set at 900px. Fluid width options coming shortly, for those who prefer it.
- Removed rounded borders in many areas, to ease load times.
- Links are finally a noticeable color!
- Removed box shadows in many areas, also to ease load times.
- Gradients are set up to use CSS3 in place of images.
- Gradients/colors in places have a transparent look to them, allowing the background to show.
- More noticeable background.
- More color!
- Moved toplinks below the navigation bar.
- Transparent body_wrapper.
- Snazzy post bits.
- Made posts less massive, to reduce scroll time (previously there was a huge amount of space between the end of the post's text and the signature).
- And much more that I'm probably forgetting at the moment. =]
These skins are the new defaults for KH-Vids. They have a similar color scheme to the old skins, which will no longer be updated, and so it was my plan to deactivate all the old skins (except for maybe Isn't It Pretty, since that one is pretty... unique) in favor of these. Additionally, we need to decide whether the dark or the lite skin will be our default, and we thought we would listen to the users for that one--later today, you will see a poll appear in voting for that! For now, I'll just keep it as the lite skin, but based on the results of the poll, that could change.
They have been tested by me extensively in Firefox, and revised in Safari, Opera, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Because they utilize CSS3, if you are an Internet Explorer user, you may be missing out on a lot of the pizzazz. It is recommended that you upgrade your browser to one like Firefox or Chrome, or at the very least, to Internet Explorer 9.
If you find any issues with the skins, browser-specific or not, please post it in this thread with the following…
… and I will address it as soon as possible.
- Screenshot of the problem
- Link to page with the problem
- Your operating system
- What browser you use
- Version of the browser
- Bug #1: Bold words do not stand out enough. Fixed!
- Bug #2: White drop shadow in Opera. Fixed!
- Bug #3: Search bar is not positioned correctly in Opera. (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #4: Post templates are not added. Fixed!
- Bug #5: Icons overlap with pagination. (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #6: Admin usergroup color doesn't stand out enough. Fixed!
- Bug #7: Banner does not link to forum index, as with old skins. Fixed!
- Bug #8:
Default user profile customizations are not set up (see poll to choose default skin).
- Bug #9: Notices have a white drop shadow. Fixed!
- Bug #10: Advanced search link is no longer under search bar on navigation bar.
- Bug #11: Similar threads thing looks terrible, Lite skin only. Fixed!
- Bug #12: Who's online text on Lite skin is unreadable. (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #13: Drop down arrows on thread toolbar are hard to see on the Lite skin. Fixed!
- Bug #14: Bold text has colors that override user-defined ones. Fixed!
- Bug #15: Line breaks do not show on IE9. Fixed!
- Bug #16: Mark Forums Read link isn't working. Fixed!
- Bug #17: You must spread around Reputation etc is hard to read (lite skin). Fixed!
- Bug #18: Highlight text color needs to be fixed. (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #19: Icons overlapping on Subscription page. (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #20: Go Advanced page is very small, width-wise. Fixed!
- Bug #21: Submit and Preview buttons are not flushed to the right side. Fixed!
- Bug #22: Pin request page is seriously messed up. Fixed!
- Bug #23: Pagination needs to be scooted down a bit on video portal. (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #24: Pin recommendation page is seriously messed up. Fixed!
- Bug #25: Highlighted text color should be white (lite skin only). (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #26: Recipient username thing needs to be white (lite skin only). (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #27: Username history needs to be looked at. (Screen) (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #28: Border conflicts (dark skin only) (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #29: Increase padding for tag box (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #30: Compare versions needs to be fixed (dark skin only) (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #31: Time on search results text is gray when it should be white (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #32: Who Posted? rows are white (dark skin only) (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #33: Flood warning text needs to be white (dark skin only) (Screen) Fixed!
- Bug #34: Private message link on profile needs to be spaced Fixed!
- Bug #35: Albums are not styled properly Fixed!
- Bug #36: Code BBCode doesn't display properly on post preview Fixed!
- Bug #37: Usernote button positioning issues Fixed!
- Bug #38: Overlap issues when using quotes in visitor messages Fixed!
- Bug #39: Icon legend is white (dark style only) Fixed!