>gaming's best combat system

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Trigger, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

The thing is (1) your joke was douchey and (2) PaW wasn't even responding to you, he was responding to Jay, who clearly is getting worked up about this and needs to quit it.

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If I didn't see constant laughing at people's opinions, maybe I'd see it as a joke, but the amount of people laughing at others and how often doesn't make me think it's a joke anymore.
    Admittedly, i am probably one of the few people who feels this strongly, but I've just seen it too much that it's grating on and it annoys me. I'm sorry that people think I'm being a dick for telling people i think their being constantly mean about others and their thoughts. I try to act in an appropriate manner, regardless of me being staff or not, and do apologise if I offend anyone, but I don't feel like I should be quiet and not speak my mind when everyone else is doing the same.

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

As much as it boils my skin to agree with PaW, the only thing that'd boil it worse is having fun at others' expense. Find another way to get your jollies, ya damn hooligans.

4. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Gosh darn kids .

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

Dudes, the arguing like this has gotta stop. PaW your first post was kind of baity and passive aggressive, but SJ, that does not mean to match it with more passive aggressiveness. There are differing opinions there and I respect that, but going into ad hominem even the slightest bit is not the way to talk it out. That said, both of you did come to me about this thread and left it alone afterwords, which is good and the right thing to do. Next time though, do not throw in subtle (or not really subtle at all) jabs at another person because their post incites you. Leave it alone, go cool off and then come back to it with a fresh set of mind.

That said, both of you agreed to the overarching statement and belief in the thread

so it's clear to see that there is, at the very least, some shared thoughts on the subject as a whole.

To get on topic, I agree very much with what Haya said. I haven't really played a lot of games, most of them have been (really good) recommendations from friends, but I'm hard pressed to say that any of them have the best combat in all of gaming. They may be the best out of games I've played or the ones I've had the most fun with, but everyone has their nuances about combat that labeling something "the best" only summarizes to "this is the one I've enjoyed the most of the games I have played".

6. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Tellin' it like it is.

7. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    Oh KHV, you and your opinions and disrespecting of others and turning in into a huuuuuuuge deal, got that Friday feelin'

8. 61 No. B

/ignoring everything after my previous post and before this post.

The problem is that, thanks to YouTube, every loser with a microphone thinks he's a reviewer now, while very few of them know what a review actually is, much less the finer points of making a well-written one. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert reviewer, but it's painfully obvious that this is the case. However, that's not the only problem, the other problem is that people who read or watch these reviews give too much weight to what these reviewers say. The point of a review is to give an objective overview of whatever product, but that's not entirely possible because no one can be 100% objective, and if you think you can you're just a pretentious ****** who needs to get over himself. Everyone is going to be influenced by something that will affect their opinion of something. That's how we all have different opinions, so knowing that, you, the reader or watcher, have a responsibility to read or watch these reviews knowing that it's someone else's opinion based on his or her experience, and that that alone does not make it an invalid review.

This person thinks this is the best combat system. Okay? And? He probably hasn't played every game ever, so that already eliminates the possibility of him being 100% objective, and if that's the case nothing else needs to be said. That's his review based on his opinion affected by his experiences. You don't have to agree with what he says. There will be other reviews of the same thing that you will agree with but someone else won't. That's the beauty of having multiple reviewers -- you can get multiple opinions from multiple people, but only give priority to the ones with reviewers who's sensibilities best match yours.

9. A Zebra Chaser

Wow Superman really needs to calm down

10. 61 No. B

Robin made him do it

11. Trigger hewwo uwu

i really can't believe how riled up you all got over this

12. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I can.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This thread was entertaining, but not as entertaining as Batman: Arkham Origins' combat system.

14. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Isn't it exactly the same as the other two games?

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

The combat system is the same, but with additional gadgets, takedowns, moves, enemy varieties, stuff like that without removing almost any old ones.
    It's almost too much, but the variety is great, playing today it felt like going back to familiar, better ground.

16. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

17. The Fuk? Dead

The game is fucking hard on hard difficulty (no shit), but not in that good fun hard way. It's that annoying way where Batman flies across the screen to hit an enemy that can't even be damaged and gets hit because I can't counter because the god damn animations can be too long. I'm getting sick of this shit and I'm reminded why I never finished Arkham City.

Oh, and Mount & Blade Warband has the best combat system. That can't be disputed so get over it.