Full Metal Alchemist

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by AGoofyMickey, Dec 20, 2012.

1. AGoofyMickey Merlin's Housekeeper

Anyone else a fan ?

I definetly am! As a voice actor I am particularly proficient in Vic Mignogna voices..I've even shown the man himself on several occasions

This one is me meeting Vic and showing him my version of his Ed :3

2. Mysty Unknown

Proficiency in Vic voices eh. Hmm. How about you go do some Broly and then we will talk.

But yes. I saw it. I loved it. I still am in the finishing of Brotherhood.

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

I love FMA! Was my first anime and still love it as much as I did the first time watching it! <3

4. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Watch out Vic he's out to get your job! xD
    But yeah awesome job as Edward as always! ^_^

Actually he does a pretty awesome Broly as well! xD

But to answer the question you pose, yup yup I've seen and love the anime as well! Haven't watched thru all of Brotherhood but I have read the manga all the way through. What I personally love about the original anime series is that they really kept the whole Equivalent Trade idea consistent and linked it to almost every plot in the story. The manga kinda went a different route, to become more of a mainstream battle manga towards the end but I still love it.

If I had to pick between the two I'd go with the original anime. I don't know why to be honest maybe it's because of the way I experienced both versions. I went through the anime straight thru while with the manga it came out monthly so there's a disconnect whenever I read a new chapter. Plus I started the series by watching the anime first then coming back to read the manga much later, which may also be a factor in that I was kinda rereading through the same plot and some parts were not as developed as the anime (I'm mainly thinking about the Nina episodes).

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

He did a marvelous job on the show. A lot of dubbed anime's don't turn out so great, with some of the voice actors they choose. This was one that was a contrary to that statement. I mostly stick to subs myself, but as far as dubs go, this is definitely one of my favorites.

6. AGoofyMickey Merlin's Housekeeper

Like Bloo said. There were alot of things that seperated the two different series. The first series technically being all filler but amazing filler at that lol. Brotherhood brought us Ling..And many other hilarious scenes and characters which I absolutely love to dub! I only made it to episode 16 of Brotherhood though.. But ill eventually start watching it again..Mostly because im producing an abridged series based upon it. I have yet to meet Aaron Dismuke or Maxey Whitehead.. Would be fun to show them my Vicness for lack of a better word lmao