First Time Driving

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Railos, May 19, 2015.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Protip; Go the speed limit. If the speed limit is 55, you need to be going at least 55. If, for whatever reason, you are unable to go the speed limit, move over and drive on the shoulder, so that people can go around you.

Obviously this is a bit more forgivable if there's two lanes, or if the weather is horrible, but if it's a nice day and there's no obstructions, there's no reason you can't go a decent speed.

Also, don't even touch your phone. Cops look for that shit.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Never drive in Russia:

Search road rage on YouTube. Most results are of Russia!

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It's not that I don't know the consequences, working on EMS I've seen them firsthand, it just doesn't bother me. If it happens, it happens. I don't have a death wish or anything, I just really love to push the limits. I've done the same thing, over and over, growing up. Whether it was climbing trees, riding bikes, a moped, what have you. I fell out of a tree (which produced my fear of falling), I fractured my shin on a bicycle, and I wiped out on a moped. The moped was pretty bad because I blacked out for ... I'm not sure how long. The only thing I was worried about was if someone saw me, how embarrassing. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and if it kills you ... well, you're dead. It's sad and typically freaks me out when I think about it but behind the wheel I'm just chill. I'm not superman, I'm not invincible, I'm just a guy in a car.

Driving down windy backroads going 60+mph doesn't bother me in the slightest. Big cities with all the different turning lanes bothers me. I usually end up running a light or taking the wrong turn lane in cities because of the way they do them. If I have to lock up my breaks because the light changes with me only twenty feet from it, straight to red, there's a problem. If I'm in the right lane and it's a right turn only, at a four way, there's something wrong. I'm used to simple and nothing is simpler than a good 'ol back road. You see someone coming, slow down and get over. Stay on your side when taking turns. Turns signals are optional. Simple. That's why I only drive to town when I have to.

I've digressed a ways back. Point is, I understand that I can die within half a second. This is especially true in my little car. I completely understand this. There are no warnings anyone can give me because I already know. It's my choice to drive the way I do. I don't take chances that might involve injuring a pedestrian or a fellow motorist. I'm less likely to drive the way I do if someone is in the car with me. The only person in danger when I do this stuff is me, I make sure of that. The last thing I'd want is to kill or harm an innocent person. I'm the safest, dangerous driver you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting.

-Nights

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Remind me to never drive in your area. :x Also, turn signals are mandatory and you can get pulled over and a ticket for not using them.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Again, I never endanger other people. You'd never see me doing anything crazy unless I have no other option. For example, when I was forced to drift around that truck who was running the stop sign. That was a situation where I had to do something crazy to avoid endangering the guy in the truck as well as the guy in my front seat.

Turn signals are optional on backroads. Not in the legal sense but there's typically nobody there to see it anyway so why use it.

-Nights