Square-Enix Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Luka Deafening silence

urgh can't believe they're not releasing it in time for christmas :/ Looking forward to it so much!

2. libregkd -

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

So uh... Wakka's hand was in front of his face there. And I notice his fingers were WAY less detailed than his face. That was kinda weird.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

... I would never have seen that if you didn't point it out and now it's the only thing I'll ever see. Thanks.

5. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Dat forehead wrinkle on Auron. Dayum.

I'm hoping that there will at least be some detail added for Blitzball instead of just swimming in what looks like empty space.

But alas, this release really can't come any sooner.

6. C This silence is mine

Some of the character model changes are... weird to say the least.

[​IMG]
    Look at that image, the first image is from the original game, the second is a screen released some months ago and the last one was recently released amongst the pictures Libre posted. Tidus looks without a doubt best in the first screen, then gets progressively worse in the two others. Auron is arguable, but I find that his new model doesn't really suit him that much.

The textures are obviously a lot better (and dat sky), but some of these changes in models are just... strange.

7. A Zebra Chaser

I can only assume they bumped the graphics too high and it didn't work in every scene, even on the PS3

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Extended trailer for the remaster and a US release date 3/21/14

If you only know like the basic plot for FF10 and plan on getting the game- I SUGGEST NOT WATCHING THE TRAILER BECAUSE OMG SPOILERS LIKE NOT EVEN KIDDING.

9. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I admit that some of the new face models looked a bit odd but seeing it in animation definitely makes it a little better. Shame we didn't get to hear some of the remastered soundtracks, though.

Other than that, off to marking this date on my calendar!

10. libregkd -

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah Tidus looks WEIRD. And they didn't fix the animations at all. Maybe I'll just get FFX International, it has everything I'd buy this for.

12. A Zebra Chaser

Isn't the PS2 region locked though? Or do you have a European PS2.
    or are you European idk

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The animations do look sort of meh, but I've wanted to play X for a long time now -- not so keen on going through X-2 though -- and getting it in HD is pretty tempting. Despite my having spoiled most every aspect of the plot for myself over the years, I still want to experience the cliche and saddening moments all for myself. I want this to be the first main FF game I actually beat on my own.

also, wtf is with Square and artbook packaging for preorders??

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I didn't realize it was, and I also thought you could play region-locked games on any PS3. If not I might just emulate it

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it doesn't work that way for PS2 games though.

16. A Zebra Chaser

X-2 has an awful start, but the plot gets tolerabel later on, and the gameplay is very solid, especially if you liked older FF games, particular FFV

17. libregkd -

18. C This silence is mine

19. Antidote Façade

Wow. What the hell? The second and third images don't even look like Tidus any more. It's seriously like some other character dressed as him. Also, that hair is ridiculous.

I'm mostly happy with the changes made to X (Yuna and Lulu arguably look the best to me), but they really fucked up with Tidus. Something is definitely wrong when you make all these nice new improvements and touch ups to a game and the PS2 model still looks better.

20. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Considering that X is a video game very close to my heart as being the first Final Fantasy I played and finished fully, I am very excited for the HD collection for many reasons. The remastered music is what I really have to get used to but it sounds soooo good!