Final Fantasy: A Song of Blizzaga and Firaga

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownMoksha Decimo

So uh yeah, Veilen continued to wander aimlessly through his new surroundings. What would really help right now if he were to bump into someone that he guide him around the city and at least tell him about his new locations. Yeah, that really would be helpful. For now though he continued to walk around.

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera wasn't quite running, per say, but she was moving rather quickly. Fast enough to try to avoid the mob of somewhat disgruntled city folk behind her that she wasn't really paying attention to what was in front of her. So when she smacked into a certain Veilen-like man, she thought she was being attacked, and honestly, given the situation, she wasn't really out of line. She drew her broad sword with both hands and held it towards the person in front of her, narrowing her eyes.

"That better have been an accident, because I'm really not in the mood to play games." With the City Watch slowly approaching, this was hardly the time for such things. But she would make time.

[​IMG]
    Kara, after her battle mate had suddenly vanished, decided to try to escape without further fighting. She put her weapon away and put a hand on the wall, stealing the fire from the nearby torches in order to make it completely dark. As she waited for her eyes to adjust, she put a hand on the nearest wall. One foot in front of the other, one hand on the wall, she peered into the dark as she slowly made her way forward. And hoped to the gods there weren't any traps.

Her hand rattled against something metal, and she froze, for a few moments. When nothing happened, Kara ran her fingers over what seemed to be the skeleton of a cage. And something was breathing inside of it. Kara ignited a small flame in her palm and held it towards the cage, peering at the
    occupant. "Are you like me?" She whispered, her voice barely making a sound.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Runa heard a sound outside her cage. She looked up slowly from the ground she was staring. There was suddenly a small light that she could see. The light illuminated a girl who was holding a flame. The girl didn't look like a threat to her. On top of that the girl spoke to her, quietly, asking if she was the same. "I-I don't know. I am not quite sure what is going on. It all happened so fast. Where am I?" The girl asked, scared, disoriented. She tried to move towards the door of the prison to get a better look at the girl on the other side of the door, but her chains prevented her. "Can you help me?" She asked in a shaky voice. She had never considered herself weak before, but this was just getting too much for her.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Well in a way, the wish for someone to run into him and help hide around town was granted. Though, the person he had bumped into now had her sword pointed towards him. That of course, not being a part of the plan. Not to mention the disgruntled sounds of people chasing behind her also caught his attention. Things certainly had taken an interesting turn, that much was for certain. "Of course it was an accident, I'm still trying to get use to this place." Veilen responded, holding his hand up in the air in a sign of non aggression.

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera tilted her head, and gently poked the corner of the man's jaw with the blade, before sighing, and withdrawing it. "Well then you should watch it. People are getting upset around here, and if you thought my response was hostile, just wait until you see the riot." She rubbed her neck, glancing from one side to another. "Well, come with me. I can't just let a newcomer run around without at least a little protection."

She started off towards the other side of town. "Don't feel obligated, but I'm not sticking around to watch the wealthy get ripped into pieces by the poor. When they go mad, there's no counting on which side they'll put you."

[​IMG]
    Kara sighed with relief, before gently blowing on the fire, and letting it hang in the air while she began to pick the lock. "My name is Kara. We're both prisoners, I don't know who took us. They need us alive for whatever their purposes are, but I don't want to stick around and find out what it is, do you?" She focused her attention solely on the lock, hoping the girl was at least coherent enough to watch her back while she did so.

"There." She said with some satisfaction as the lock opened. She yanked it off the door and opened it before stepping back. "Now you're free to go. I don't know about you, but I'm getting out of here."

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "My name is Runa, Runa Mata." Runa introduced herself before falling silent and watching Kara as she worked, or more importantly the shadows behind Kara to make sure no one was coming. At least there was someone willing to help her out, she was scared that this was the end for her to be honest. Once the cage was open, Runa stood up to face Kara properly. She didn't take the time for the well needed stretch, instead moving for the door right to Kara's side.

"This place gives me the creeps, I don't want to be around here any longer than I have to, lets go." Runa replied to Kara telling her she was free. This was followed up by motioning Kara to go ahead. After all Kara was the one was the source of light and seemed to have some sort of feeling for what was going on. Runa however did not. She had gotten so disoriented during the entire thing, that she was not confident in her ability to go ahead or wander alone until they made it out of here and back to familiarity. Even as a traveler, sometimes you need to stop and find somewhere you know before you can continue to what is new.

As much as Runa wanted to talk to Kara, ask her questions about all she knew about where they were, and what was happening, though apparently she didn't know much, Runa knew better than to talk right now, so instead chose to keep her mouth shut. She would find time to ask Kara everything and thank the girl properly once they were out of here, but anything even the slightest too loud could call attention to them and that wouldn't be good.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

Veilen didn't move an inch as Veera poked him in the cheek with her sword. Fortunately she didn't break the skin when she did, but it still was a bit of an annoyance to feel it pressing against him. Veilen gently rubbed his cheek when he heard Veera mention something about a riot. He'd just gotten here a solid two posts again and there was a riot going on, just what had happened prior to his getting here. "Riot? What riot?" Veilen asked, following behind Veera.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Kara held her hand aloft and continued up the path of the cave. It made sense to follow the route upwards right? She didn't think there were any mountain passes close to where she had been taken, but she also had no idea how long she had been unconscious, or where they had been taken. Regardless, up seemed the way to go, and up was she way she went. She would check back every so often to make sure that Runa was keeping up as they ascended. It seemed to take forever before she finally saw a light, up ahead.

Of course, nothing was ever easy. "Hey, I don't think you should be wandering around." One of the soldiers stepped in front of them, flanked by four others. "After all, you might get lost. And we'd hate to have to find you again."

Again? That thought momentarily froze Kara, before she brought her hands together in front of her chest, an orb of fire growing in between them. "Let us out." she said sweetly, smiling with her teeth gritted together.

[​IMG]
    Veera jerked her thumb back at the roiling mass of bodies behind them. "That mob." She replied, ducking through the swinging door of an inn, and, ignoring the cowering people in the corner, strode through towards the back door, exiting into a courtyard. "Which I am not sticking around to play with." She looked over the wall of the back courtyard, debating. "Are you a risk taker?" She asked Veilen.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Runa walked behind Kara carefully, watching where they were going the best she could, though the caves were dark making it hard to keep track of where they were. It seemed that they were walking forever and it felt like they were going to get caught at any time when she caught the sight of light. At last a shred of hope.

The hope was somewhat torn away when she heard a voice followed by five bodies. However
    Kara didn't seem to fear, so neither did Runa. Instead a smirk crossed her face. "You may have caught me by surprise last time, but this time not so much." Runa said as her fingers crackled and sparked. Suddenly a bolt of thunder came down in the middle of the give men. "That's right scatter and run." She said as she pulled down another bolt of lightning. She couldn't bring herself to kill anyone but she could scatter them a bit and see what Kara did.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

Despite still being unsure as to what to do in regards to the whole situation that he was now in, seeing the mob of people approaching was more than enough reason for him to follow being Veera. Entering the courtyard behind Veera, he sighed before answering her question. "No, I'm more of a wanderer. One who just got here I might add."

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera scratched her head, then shrugged. "Well, today you try something new!" she said cheerfully as she shoved Veilen towards the edge of the wall, with enough force to push him over, before hopping over herself. She fell for longer then she had anticipated, but luckily landed in something soft. Sheep's wool. She thought to herself with some amazement. Thousands of pounds of sheep wool. She looked over to see if Veilen had fallen beside her.

[​IMG]
    Kara didn't have any such inhibitions as Runa. Sure she was impressed by the girl's lightning prowess, but honestly, what good was power if you didn't kill with it? She darted forward, fire wrapping around her hand as she shoved it onto the nearest man's face and burned him alive, ducking a sword blow from another and blocking it with her weapon before backing up, twisting her fingers to make the fire leave her palm for a moment and shoot towards the attacker, before coming back to her once the man was suitably set ablaze.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Runa was left in shock and awe as Kara darted into action, however she couldn't manage to get herself moving. She watched the first body drop to the ground and nearly threw up because of it. Runa was skilled with magic, but in general she was pretty gentle, she couldn't imagine killing people. However she was forced out of this state of shock as a man came towards her, attacking her. Runa tried to jump out of the way and stumble back. As she landed on her butt she panicked, the man getting closer to her once again. Runa pulled down another bolt of lightning between the two of them, sending the man stumbling back. She picked herself up and glanced towards Kara. She wished she could be of more help but she couldn't bring herself to kill anyone. However one thing Runa could do was provide distraction and interference. As a man tried to attack Kara from behind, Runa shocked the ground in front of him causing him to move back and away, also warning Kara of someone there. As she did this repeatedly she began to mumble a little song to herself. "Dance fuckers dance, man he never had a chance...."

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

"What do you mean new experience?" Veilen asked, moments before being pushed over wall and falling all the way down into a pile of sheep's wool. Phew, that could've been worse. Working his way out of the sheep's wool, he found himself being next to Veera. "Was that what you meant by 'new experience'?"

14. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera turned, and looked at Veilen. This guy is one of a kind. She decided, taking her index and middle finger and poking him in the forehead before turning away, clambering over the wool to get out before any of it infiltrated her clothing. "Well, from here, I'm guessing we go...." she shut her eyes and turned in a circle before opening them. "Left." She finished, striding that way.

[​IMG]
    Kara giggled as Runa began to sing to herself, before taking out another man's face with her flames. That left only one, who looked between her and Runa as if trying to decide what the best option was here. Kara smiled and stepped forward, blowing a kiss in the man's direction. As her lips kissed her fingers, a flame grew so that by the time she actually blew it towards him, it was a giant ball of flame that engulfed the man entirely. By the light of his screaming, burning corpse, she could see the way to the exit.

"Well, shall we?" She asked
    Runa, flipping her hair over her shoulder and walking past the man, towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Runa stood in shock for a moment as burnt corpses lay everywhere around her. So much death and murder, and she had helped with it. She had not directly killed anyone, but she helped set it up so Kara could. Runa took a slow tentative step forward, finding it hard to walk, however the realization of where they still were spurred her forward. "They are all dead... you killed them all." Runa managed to say as they headed towards the caves exit. She couldn't believe everything that had happened. She wanted to curse and she wanted to run. She wanted to leave the cave and the bodied behind.

Runa squinted as they got closer to the light. It felt like days since she had seen it and it hurt her eyes at first. She had no idea where they were or what they would do. As much as Runa hated to rely on other people. As much as what
    Kara had done to the men, shook Runa to the core, she had no choice but stick close to the lady for now until they found a place that was safe. "Where should we go from here? Any idea where the closest safe place is?" Runa asked Kara.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

So far in his time spent with Veera, Veilen was getting the feeling that she was treating him like a kid if not a younger sibling. Which, to be fair, he was probably around the right age to be considered both from her. Her poking him on the forehead only solidified the younger brother/kid ideal. "Where are we going exactly?" He asked, following behind Veera.

17. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera shrugged. "I dunno. Got any ideas?" One was that she take another job, but that was kind of moot at this point. She could steal a ship and explore the sea, but that didn't seem feasible with only one person, two if her persuasive skills worked on the kid. "Sorry if walking's not your style, but I'm not near wealthy enough to be able to afford a horse of any kind, and a map is an entirely other matter. However...." She eyed Veilen. "If you wouldn't mind giving the shopkeeper something to look at while I peruse his wares, I would be glad to let you accompany me."

[​IMG]
    Kara blinked, looking around their surroundings. "Haven't a clue." She replied, squinting in the sunlight. "Just glad to be outside of those caves, if I'm being honest." She sighed, and propped one hand on her hip, the other gripping her war axe as it rested in the dirt. "I could use some decent food and a nap though. And maybe a lot of alcohol." She wasn't sure what they had been kidnapped for, but since they were the only two standing here, she doubted the survival rate was high.

"Alright, you pick. Left or right?" She turned to
    Runa, waiting for an answer.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Runa shifted uncomfortably as Kara spoke of Alcohol. To be honest as much as she served alcohol for occasional jobs, she had never druken any. She had no desire to. People acted weird when they were drunk. She wanted no part of it. Runa was pulled from her thought when Kara asked her witch why to go. "Oh, um. Left." Runa spurt out trying to just choose something before it was too late. "Lets go." Runa said as she took off towards the left. Runa was on guard as she ran, obviously a little shaken still.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

"What shop keep are you trying to get me to distract?" Veilen asked. he had a hunch as to what she meant by 'peruse his wares' and part of him didn't want to be a part of it. But she probably was his best way of getting around for the moment, plus his only way to avoid the void of not having anything to do, so he could at least hear her out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.