Eureka Seven

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bushy, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episodes: 50

Second Season?: There is actually going to be a sequel series coming April 2012 apparantly. There is also a movie which is a completely original story using the same themes and characters (although, most of their histories are significantly different and as such their personalities can be too), but with a different plot behind it and a different overall feel to it.
    I personally prefer the series.

Plot Summary:

My thoughts: Personally... I can't say much in the way of words to convey my feelings and give it justice. I mean, this anime was pretty darn incredible. It's in the list of 'Most Legendary anime of all time' for a reason.
    I'm not the biggest mecha fan even though I've seen my fair share. (One of my all time favourites being Gurren Lagann) but this anime was absolutely fantastic. I mean, it was mechas on hoverboards, and it was filled with incredibly fight scenes... but... even that isn't truly what makes it awesome.
    The story is a work of genius, and each of the characters are amazingly fleshed out. For me, one of the best things about an anime is seeing the relationships of the characters and seeing how the characters grow and develop as the series goes on and this anime did that perfectly with nearly every single character introduced. While the fights are an important aspect of the anime, what is more important is what they are fighting for and part of the journey is that they learn (specifically Renton and Eureka) what they are fighting for, why they are and how they should do it.
    Some of my favourite anime include the likes of Clannad and Gurren Lagann (as mentioned previous) and in those anime you get to see, experience and grow with the characters while they are on their journey and Eureka Seven is no different in this regard.

50 episodes might seem long, and compared to a lot of anime it is. But... it is the perfect length for this show allowing enough room for both development in the story and the characters while not being a bore even once. I'll put it this way...
    My personal record for a day is having watched 28 eps (or I think it might have been more...) all at once.
    This anime, I ended up watching 14 eps one day, then 16 in another and then the rest alongside all the other shows that have been steadily released this new season.
    In total, it took me 4 days period to finish this 50 episode series (thank god it's the holidays and I have some spare time on my hands lol)
    I was hooked from the beginning to end.
    I may be a die-hard Otaku, but this show is impressive enough that it was able to do this to me with ease.
    I think this anime should be in the list of 'must be watched before you die'

As I said, it's considered a legendary anime and I definitely back up this statement.
    While I admit, it might not be for everybody (and let's face it, no single anime can be for everybody) I find it hard to believe that many people would out-right hate/dislike this anime, I feel that strongly about it.

Over all...
    Amazing story, themes, emotions, characters, relationships, soundtrack, animation... and so much more.

I have so much I wish I could convey about this, but I really can't put it down into words, It's so hard to explain lol. I am sitting at my keyboard and I want to say so much more than I have, but I'm finding it impossible, and so I'm going to leave it at that.
    I must simply say, watch it for yourself and hopefully you will feel what I feel from it.
    That is the best thing I can say to convey anything else lol

~

Anyway...
    Anyone else watch this anime?
    Any thoughts etc? Discussion time? XD

(Please remember to spoiler tag things if you're gonna talk about story elements, so as not to ruin things for people who may wish to watch it but haven't yet. Thanks. XD)

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

GOOD ANIME, BEST ENDING.

Freakin' love this. Watched it in both languages, immensely fulfilling experience either way. It's a prime example of Earn Your Happy Ending, at times heart-warming and at others heart-breaking. It was a tad slow to start, but not discouragingly so, and Renton actually tended to surprise me as he grew and as we learned more about him. Easily one of my top five, maybe top three.

It's interesting as a mecha series, because it sort of straddles the line between real robot and super robot genres, but without seeming forced or incongruous. And then it throws in almost faerie-like creatures without batting an eyelash. In general, it creates and maintains a cohesive world nestled comfortably (perhaps impossibly) between far-out fantasy and near-future realism, so I've got to give it props there; I love my fantasy and my sci-fi, but most of all I love getting my fantasy in my sci-fi and my sci-fi in my fantasy.

Love the movie too, thought the whole mythos swap dealie was an excellent idea. Trying to tell a different story in the same world sometimes serves only to make viewers nostalgic and harsh on the new tale; but taking the beloved characters and reinventing them in new conditions makes it feel shiny and new. The new story still felt decidedly Eureka Seven, which is a feat in itself.

I heard about the continuation, and I'm excited. Despite what I said before, I think there's a ton of potential to continue Renton and Eureka's story, or to skip ahead and bring in a new cast. Which is the riskier move, I couldn't say, but for once I'm not dreading a coming sequel. BONES knows what they're doing. [/shameless BONES fanboy]

Also, Kari Wahlgren. Kari Wahlgren 4-f#%kin-eva. PINK-HAIRED MANIACS R US

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I know! Both the sub and dub were incredible! (Crispin Freeman ftw!)
    And totally... they really did earn the happy ending. Also, Eureka Seven has some of the best tropes ever of all time. XD
    Renton's growth was pretty incredible (I just loved the way his character developed), and my other favourite had to be the growth of Eureka herself. As they said, she literally went from a blank page to a page filled with love hearts. (Also... my heart melts at the 'pacific state' picture.)
    In fact, I just had a lot of love for the Gekkostate crew in general, and Dominic and Anemone were amazing as well. Especially at the end.

I know! I have to completely agree with you on all counts here. I can't add or take anything away from here lol.

I know what you mean here too. I mean, I did like the movie, don't get me wrong, it was really good in it's own way and with what they did with it (I'm also a sucker for childhood friend relationships). I just happened to prefer the series.
    I think another contribution to that though was that the series had a super happy ending where as the movie was more bitter sweet.
    I mean... the world is in ruins and Eureka has amnesia. Albeit, at least her love for Renton remains as strong as ever regardless of no memories.
    ...Manga ending was dark... Actually, the manga was dark in general. lol

Again, my excitement is huge here too. I'd love to see a continuation of Eureka and Renton, of them having actually returned I mean. Although I do have to wonder what would happen... I mean
    I'm gonna miss Nirvash a hell of a lot. Although, we might always see a return of that fantastic mecha.
    and further more... while I'd like to see how their life turns out, I did get a satisfied sense of closure from the current ending. I would like to see some more development from them if anything. One big possibility of course is the fact that
    Talho was pregnant with Holland's child, so we may see what happens there too.
    which means that we certainly have the potential for a new cast if it follows that kid. (And maybe we'll see something from Eureka and Renton's adopted kids
    and it was revealed in an episode that despite their race differences, it is entirely possible that Renton and Eureka could have their own kids too.
    But I'm probably getting to ahead of myself there.

WOO!
    *points to sig* All hair that is pink hair is awesome hair!
    Anemone herself is the proof!