Dog Days

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by StardustXtreme, Apr 14, 2011.

1. StardustXtreme Chaser

[​IMG]

Studio: Aniplex & Seven Arcs
    Episodes: 12

Shinku Izumi is a cheerful and athletic boy who studies at the International School in Japan, and has a normal life everyday until he suddenly got summoned to an alternate world called Flonyard. The people there look no different from humans, except for one thing; they have animal ears and tails. The one who summoned him is Millhiore, the dog-like Princess of the Biscotti Republic, who requested his assistance in repelling the forces of the feline-like Galette Lion Army that threatens to invade her nation.

After responding to Milihore's plea, he receives a sacred weapon, the Palladion, and is appointed as a Hero to fight for Biscotti in a war that unlike the ones in Earth, is waged with special rules and no casualities, in a fashion similar to a sports competition where after each battle the winner faction claims ownership of the territory in dispute. After winning his first battle for Biscotti, Shinku learns that when a hero is summoned into Flonyard he becomes unable to return to his homeworld, a fact that Milihore also was unaware of.

~

I've only seen the first two episodes so far and basically it's similar like Zero no Tsukmia (The Familar of Zero in DUB) where the hero gets brought into another world and unable to return to home, Here are some examples

Zero no Tsukamia/Famialr of Zero
    Saito was summoned to be a Familar
    Saito's A Gandalfr who becomes experienced in anything that he uses in his world, for example, mastery of swords and able to fly a WWII plane.
    Saito becomes one of Queen Henrietta's guards via Louise.

Dog Days
    Shinku was summoned to be a Hero.
    Shinku's proficent in ahtletics and rapidly learns how to use Seal Magic with only one demostartion, plus excels in the staff
    Shinku becomes one the Queen's warriors, thus protecting her.

That is onyl a few but now onto other matters

Animation
    It's very coloruful, I'll say, it's kind of a mix of Final Fantasy as wlel as there are birds strikingly similar to Chocobos.

Plot
    Well two episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far, it has some humorous moments, some fanservice at least twice throughout the 2nd episode but the characters I haven't got a feel of yet but each have their own personas, even if I know it's a rip-off of ZnT and FF: Unlimited

Personally, I'm not goign to rate it and be biased, all I'll say is give all anime a try for the first few epeisodes and if you like it, go ahead and finish it but if not, don't watch it, simple as that, above are just my personal views and have no intentions of influencing others.

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

I've been watching Dog Days too, and I personally quite enjoy it. I know it's quite lighthearted at the moment, but I can easily see it getting Darker and Edgier further down the line.
    But yeah, it does seem a lot like Zero no Tsukima, with the animation style of Nanoha. Guess all we can really do is give it a good chance and hope it goes down a significantly different story route. Not that Zero's story is bad or anything, but I'd rather not watch what would basically be the same story twice.

3. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I was also gonna point out the like-ness to Zero. lol
    I quite like the anime so far anyway.
    I'll also mention that it is made by the same people as Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. XD
    But yeah, I noticed the Final Fantasy connection too, :P
    Funny how they also named the birds, Chocobo's.

4. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

So the last ep came out today.
    It was great, so happy and sad at the same time. XD

Also, a Second Season looks likely which is a hell yeah.
    And next time it looks likely that Becky and the Cinque's good friend and rival (I just forgot her name, but she was the black haired girl who beat him in that athletic competition a few years ago) will be joining him in the return to Biscotti.
    Of course... A second Season hasn't been confirmed, but that's how it looked from the last episode.
    Further more, it being made by the same team who made Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, knowing them, it won't be the last we see of Dog Days anyway.
    Especially since it has a lot of potential still.

I look forward to seeing if there will be a second series, and seeing what happens in it should we be so lucky to get it.

EDIT: I didn't mean to double post for the record... :/

5. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I've not heard of this one I don't think, but it sounds ultra-cute so I'll check it out. I'm in need of new at the moment.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh wow, I've not seen this either, I have heard about it though and it's apparently very good. I do really like the storyline, it's very abstract and that's what interests me so I'll have to check this out ^^ The plot does sound very creative plus I like the way they're drawn (some animes just don't appeal to me -.-)

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

So... please don't mind the major necrobump... but!

Just letting people that Dog Days Season 2 ep 1 is finally out and subbed. I'm pretty excited about this, but can't really watch it this second.
    I'll post my thoughts about the new ep once I've had the chance to watch it. But yeah.
    Hope everyone enjoys it. :P
    It should be good. lol

8. StardustXtreme Chaser

Ah yes, I seen the first Episode as well, the sweet memories nothing has changed much except maybe Shinku's voice being a bit deeper, I laughed at the date when everyone was returning, July 22nd, that's my birthday!

But now it seems Galette too has taken a bit of Biscotti's book and summoned their own Hero and it seems Rebecca too shall become one as well.

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Indeed.
    So far, the predictions that I made in an earlier post of this thread are all coming true, although perhaps they were obvious, I still enjoy that they are right lol. I should say that aside from them being predictions, they were things that I had hoped would happen too. And yeah, they have. XD

I personally didn't notice Shinku's voice changing that much? But that might just be me. (I completely forgot that Gaul is voiced by the same guy who voiced Natsu and Simon though. XD So I enjoyed that.)

I also enjoyed the new Opening theme, albeit, at the moment, I still prefer the one from the first season. But maybe this will grow on me more after a few more listens.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to what the next episodes have to offer.

10. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm... I don't notice Shinku's voice changing either... But I LOVE HIS VOICE!! SO CUTE!! >__< Mamoru Miyano~~<3