Does Sora Have Feelings for Riku?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Amaury, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

It's a video game about hearts for Christ sake. lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. Allen Tor Destiny Islands Resident

It doesn't look like there's a whole lot I can say about this that hasn't been said already, but I'd still like to put my two cents in. Firstly, I'm pretty sure that all the characters are straight (although I wouldn't mind seeing some NamineXKairi) partly because I don't see any romantic undertones between any characters of the same sex, and partly because this is Disney we're dealing with, a company that would never touch on anything as controversial as homosexuality currently is. In other words, I'm pretty sure Sora doesn't have any kind of romantic feelings for Riku.

To address the crying scene, I'd like to point out that Sora's a pretty emotional guy. Along with everything that's been said by everyone else, think about just how often Sora breaks down, or almost breaks down, over things that are way less important to him than his best friend who he's probably known for as long as he can remember. And if Sora remembers what Aqua told him about protecting Riku (a terrible thing to tell a four-year-old by the way) then he probably feels some kind of responsibility to make sure Riku's okay. So, even without any kind of romantic feelings, it makes sense that Sora would break down crying at that point.

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

When it comes to any sort of movie, book, game, etc I like to think that your interpretation is how it is supposed to be. Having a set in stone story can get very boring. That being said, I don't really care if Sora is gay, straight, or has a thing for Donald (god knows I do). His sexuality has literally nothing to do with the game/story, in my eyes. I've seen far too many fanfics and awkward pairings in pretty much any type of game or anime. It gets old, really fast.

Let me clarify, I am all for equality and whatnot and if you are gay, straight, or bisexual I really don't care. Why? Because it has nothing to do with me, its your life not mine.

I'd also like to mention, people handle things differently. I am talking about the whole crying thing. One of my friends for example seems emotionless on the outside. Very rarely does he show any form of weakness or doubt, etc. But does that make him actually emotionless? No. Everyone is different. You can seem very tough on the outside and be homosexual, or you can be total wimp and like boobs (that's a joke people). Isn't life great?

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

One thing that I think should be clear is that Kingdom Hearts is made in Japan, so there definately are some cultural differences between them and a lot of the western world. For example, when you're in Twilight Town as Roxas, you hear them discuss about homework they have to do over summer vacation. Now, you may sometimes have this if you're in AP classes or have summer reading to do, but this is not something that is usually done here in the US because it's the transition period of grade levels. In Japan, summer vacation is about a month, and takes place during the school year, not the transition period.

Now, bring it on subject, I've also noticed that the idea of "bromance" is very different from here in the west. Here, you generally think of it as something as two "bros" getting together and doing "bro" things. It's very masculine. In Japan though, it is very different. It's not the write words, but it's almost like they are in love with each other because they are really close. They don't love each other to want to date each other; it's like they're a really close brother who they can be open with. Plus, Sora and Riku have been friends since they were kids; they should have a close friendship.