Disappeance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by StardustXtreme, Sep 9, 2011.

1. StardustXtreme Chaser

[​IMG]

The story takes place from December 16 until December 24, a month after the cultural festival. The SOS Brigade, led by Haruhi Suzumiya, make plans to have a nabe party for Christmas. However, on the morning of December 18, Kyon arrives at school and finds out everything has changed. Haruhi and Itsuki Koizumi are missing, Ryoko Asakura has mysteriously returned, Mikuru Asahina does not recognize him and Yuki Nagato is an ordinary human. Only Kyon is aware that everything is different, as no one remembers anything about Haruhi or the SOS Brigade. The only clue Kyon manages to find is a bookmark left by the alien version of Yuki before everything was changed, telling him to gather 'keys' to run a program. While wondering about this clue, he gets to know the new Yuki, who appears to be quite fond of him.

~

Personally, I found this a great anime film that completely focuses on the character's themselves, especially a new side of Yuki Nagato which we never thought was possible, Kyon's desperation when he discovers the normal world he wished for at the start of the Series and is internally conflicted between the alternate world or the original worlds.

The new Yuki Nagato was a definite surprise and welcomed instantly but out of pure honesty, I missed the original SOS Brigade, but in the end, the film represents onto Yuki Nagato and in a smaller but larger role, Kyon.

The artwork was nicely detailed and in some scenes, the hand moves were nearly CGI but still good, the plot also shows what were to happen if Haruhi never had the powers that made her so popular and what changes can occur from it such as a shy Yuki Nagato.

Minori Chihara sings the ending theme '"Yasashii Bōkyaku" (Tender Oblivion) which earned her Best Singing Award at the fifth annual Seiyu Awards.

I would recommend this anime movie any anime-fan and even the Anime/Manga Series even if they haven't heard of it before.

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I've been really interested in seeing this film for a while now. Do you know if it's out on DVD in the US yet? Do you know how close it stays to the original novel?

3. Rhiscx Banned

I loved this series!!!!!!!! I would watch this. But I have no idea where to get it:(:(:(:( Any help on that one guys?

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Taken from Wikipedia entry:

5. Rhiscx Banned

Alright. I can wait that long for it. Now If I just knew about some other stuff I'm looking for...........................

6. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

Huh, sounds interesting. I haven't watched the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya in quite a bit, though I did enjoy it while I did. I might just pick the series up again.

7. StardustXtreme Chaser

I can hand you the first part of the film that's on Youtube.

8. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

They've got it on www.gogoanime.com
    in full.

Also, if you wait until next month, the DVD and Blu-Ray are out with both the dub and sub.
    It's amazing anyway. I've also read the manga of it and the movie is spot on in pretty much everyway. lol
    Definitely on of my favourite parts of the Haruhi series so far.