Bakuman

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Scarred Nobody, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

[​IMG]

Moritaka Mashiro (14) is begged by his classmate, Akito Takagi (14) to team up with him to create Japan's next greatest manga. Mashiro enjoys to draw, only for fun, and has no real motivation to create manga. Or does he? He learns that the love of his life, Miho Azuki (14) dreams of becoming a famous voice actress. A deal is then struck. Mashiro and Azuki agree to get married only when she becomes a famous voice actress and his manga becomes a hit anime!
    Story by Tsugumi Ohba, art by Takeshi Obata
    Ages from the beginning of the manga

I was skeptical when I first decided to pick up the manga. A lot of it's success seems to draw from Death Note, which was the last work these two worked on together. However, you can tell that this team is not just a one hit wonder. Ohba really nows how to format a story with good dialogue while Obata's art is neat and detailed through each of the panels.

The weakest book for me is volume three. It just seemed to be missing something. And
    the team split up in volume four was just ridiculous, although it really got the story going.

I have yet to see the anime, but the manga is available from Shonen Jump Advance. Volumes 1-4 are currently out while the fifth is due to release sometime early this month.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I thought this was the show Bakugan. That's misleading. I need to learn not to scan so much

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yeah. The similarities in the title almost made me completely disinterested all together. The artist, Takeshi Obata says:

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I got the first book and loved it. The humor is awesome and it's quite relatable in terms of difficulties that teens go through with love and life.

Getting volume two off amazon any day now, and I hope to get more of them in the future. (:

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've been reading it since it first came out (thanks to ONemanga and Eatmanga lol) and I love it. I haven't seen the anime, but the manga is one of my favorites. I do wish it I could read some of the manga the characters create lol

6. Yozora Archer

I've just started reading the manga. Man, Mashiro reminds me of myself.

7. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Literally, the manga is exactly the same as the anime, no more, no less.
    Both are good though of course XD
    I personally love this show, and can't wait for the next season, the manga is surprisingly not that far ahead. So yeah :P

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Personally, Akito/Shujin/Shuto is more like me. I've got dreams that are underrated for someone like me and nobody knows my personal dreams or desires unless I tell them...

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I hate to bump an old thread, but Bakuman officially ended today. I just read the final chapter. To be honest, I didn't know it was about to end! Though I was wondering where they could go from the last few chapters.
    The ending was so sweet! Mashiro and Azuki finally getting their dreams. The fact that Mashiro drove a Ferrari both for his uncle and so Azuki can be on his right. The last page was so sweet~ The only thing is that I really wished it mentioned the other characters a bit, too. Like...a wedding scene? Either way, this is definitely one of my favorite series and the ending matched the series perfectly, even if it was a bit short, in my opinion.

10. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

WHAT!? It ended? I remember reading it every week from the time it started until the part where Nanamine came back. After that I just didn't really have any interest in it anymore. But now I've gotta finish it! Just hope things get interesting from where I left off.