Avengers, assemble!

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by . : tale_wind, May 19, 2015.

1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Robbie the Rabbit. Look it up.

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

Ohhh, I see. I don't know anything about Silent Hill, so I was like whaaaat
    (maybe I should just stop typing now lol)

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Wait, you liked Civil War? You are one of the few people I know who like the Civil War plotline. That is to say you are the only person I know who likes it.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

What? I loved Civil War. Finale was disappointing sure, but not enough to overcome how engaging and "holy shit" it was.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Loved Civil War. It was thrilling and engaging to me. Sure, I was disappointed with the way it ended, but the whole concept and the actual plot were really great.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Make it two people now! To each their own though.

Personally I didn't care for it. Mostly because it had numerous problems that kept me from enjoying it. So I'm personally hoping Captain America: Civil War does a better job at telling the story better.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I feel like since the movie is focusing way more on Steve because it's his 3rd movie it'll do a better job.

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Agreed. I really hope they don't do the whole "Oh the pro-reg side and Tony Stark were right all along" thing like in the comics. I mean, it was bad in the comics when they accidentally portrayed the whole pro-reg as the villains through out the whole plot when they were suppose to be the right side but it would be ridiculous if they tried it with a movie tilted Captain America, who's title character is the anti-reg face.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Uh, I don't think at all that the Pro-Reg side was right all along; they're just the ones who got their side supported the most (which doesn't constitute "right" to me.) And even if I was disappointed with the finale, it wasn't because of that outcome: actually, the idea that the wrong "side" won really interested me. And that's part of what I loved about Civil War: I never saw either of the two sides as "good" or "bad"; they were both, to me, very understandable perspectives, and I could easily side with one side one day and the other the next day.

Which...brings me to discuss Avengers vs. X-Men, which I always found a SUPER EASY QUESTION to be asked (and was able to predict the outcome of perfectly, though obviously not the specific events.)

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I could go on length with all the problems Civil War had, I really do not like it. But I'll just cut to the chase and say that the WHOLE plot of Civil War resolved peacefully before it had even started had anyone in the Marvel Universe not had their brains replaced with fish.

And then there was... THIS:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  13. Hayabusa Venomous

That wasn't part of the arc I read. I only read Civil War 1-7, written by Mark Millar, drawn by Steve McNiven, inked by Dexter Vines, and Morry Hollowell.

I really don't understand your issue with it so far. I don't at all think it's as simple as you put it: both sides had really good points and refused to compromise, and that's exactly how many real life conflicts are and have been in the past.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

It was in the final issue of Civil War: Front Line.

No it is. In fact it is remarkably simple.
    Instead of using the stick, the US government could've used the cookie, and used better incentives to get heroes to register. It could've also offered guarantees about the safety, secrecy and usage of secret identities. The registration should have allowed heroes protection if they submitted to registration and training, along with benefits, a salary, and psychological care. But the pro side used it to force superhumans into being slaves/soldiers or else they would be removed. And if people who broke the law and still did superheroics, then arrest them, read them their rights rather than DENY those to them, then put them on a fair trial, NOT send them to an extra-dimensional prison in the Negative Zone!

Also, maybe not trying to murder Cap for not wanting to enforce a law that, at the time of said attempted murdering by SHIELD, hadn't even been voted in yet. No wonder the guy decided to fight against it. In fact, him going underground was a terrible idea on his part! He technically wasn't a fugitive and if he stood up against the SHRA and pointed out how the Director of SHIELD just tried to kill him for not enforcing the not-yet-a-law, people would think twice about it, because he's Captain America.

Hell, maybe the law could establish some sort of Superhero Union run by government approved superheroes (like, I don't know, THE AVENGERS?!) which can enforce training, age, and education standards, ensure that superheroes cooperate with courts to provide testimony, and self police to ensure that members who break the law are brought to justice. The union keeps its own records and memberships so there's no danger of government intrusion into the process or from supervillains getting their hands on that sensitive information.

And how come no one in the Marvel Universe not mention the US government can't be trusted? Captain America himself faced no less than two government conspiracies - one when the president himself turned out to be a supervillain and the other when some high-ranking official was revealed to be Red "I am so evil even The Joker wants nothing to do with me" Skull. And then there are all the nice shadow agencies like Weapon X. No wonder Norman Osborn came to power so easily... Speaking of which, HOW DID ANYONE NOT SEE RED FLAGS WHEN THE GREEN GOBLIN WAS PUT INTO ANY POSITION OF POWER?!

Another thing that bothers me is that Reed and Sue Richards had previously had to deal with the government trying to put their kids into foster care, so they demonstrated that no matter how secure they think their records are, one of their enemies could still find out where the kids were supposedly being kept. The 'demonstration' involving placing a notation in classified government records that the Richards children had supposedly been fostered at a certain address. Within an hour of the notation being planted, the address in question got nuked by a cruise missile strike. And then Reed just turns around and decides he trusts the government to keep the identities of all his friends and allies secret?
    Doesn't help Marvel refuses to release what the whole SHRA entails and keeps it so vague it litterally changes from issue to issue.