Attack on Titan: Reluctant Hero's

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Thank you." Flame said as she put the gun into a holster on her belt. With that Flame moved forward, a small knife in hand. She slipped up behind one of the guards who had been speaking about Drake. She placed the knife to his side. "Listen here, you are going to take me to this prisoner now." Flame ordered.
    "Why would I do that? Who are you anyways." The guard asked not seeming so scared at that time.
    "You will do that because I am am the princess of a city of people who can take care of your titan problem, and the person who you have in captivity can help save your damn city. Now unless you want to die now, then you should listen to me and bring me to them." She demanded, snarling at him, baring her elongated teeth. "You know what I am and you know that I can kill you and escape before anyone can come for you. So I would suggest you listening to me." Flame then threatened. The man finally started to move and bring her toward the building where they held the captives.

Entering the building Flame made sure everyone could see that threat she posed. "I want to speak to your leader, you try to make a move against me, he dies." Flame threatened, trying to too look to nervous due to the fact that her friend seemed to be bleeding out on the ground and Drake was in quite a predicament himself. They couldn't have just waited to be rescued, could they.
    "I am the one in charge here, what the hell does a fae B*tch like you want?" A brute of a man asked as he stepped out from the shadows, hand on a sword but it was not drawn yet.
    "I am here to make a deal." Flame stated
    "And why would we agree to that when we could put you down here and now?" He asked her with an amused smile.
    "Why? Because your city is over crowded now. You lost your outer wall to the titan's and no one is willing to go out and get it back. However in Kaynta we are not afraid of titan's. We are trained to kill them. You release Veera and Drake to me and we will take care of your titan problem. Reclaim the outer wall for you. You get what you want without loss of your men, and I get what I want. You will have to allow the man to come with me first though, he is a valuable asset to saving the wall. As for Veera she will stay here, you will bandage her up, and I will send my healer in. We will not move her out of here till the job is done. Consider it a sign of good will. Send who you please to watch us to make sure we won't escape, I don't care. Just let them go."
    Flame stated her bargain straight up, this caused the man to think.
    "If we agree, then the moment the wall is back in our possession and you leave, things will go back to the way they were, we are by no means friends or allies with the likes of you." The man snarled. It was clear he hated the idea of bargaining with a fae, but even still he did so.
    "I wouldn't have it any other way. So it is a deal?" She asked to receive a nod from the leader. Flame the released the man she was holding hostage. "Unshackle them now." She ordered before flashing her eyes at Veera. "Get someone to clean and patch her wounds. It will take a minute before my healer can get here. If she dies before she does, consider it a statement of war." Flame declared as she began to pace watching the guards get to work.

[​IMG]
    The king had not made it far into the city when he heard a whistle of a familiar tune. Very few people would have known the tune, only his daughter, his wife, and perhaps Kala might have heard his wife singing it to Amber when she was younger. Something was wrong and he knew it. He could also tell my the fact the call was so cryptic that the whistle was probably meant for him and him alone. Worried about what might be happening, the King turned to Gale. "Lead the charge from here. I will join back with you in a moment, there is something I must investigate first." He stated.

With the instructions given the king wandered off on his own. He made his way through the dark streets, using his advanced hearing to track down where the whistle had come from. Eventually he spotted Kala in a dark corner, almost like she was hiding from something.
    "Kala? Are you alright? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back at the house with Fla- Where is my daughter?" The king asked approaching Kala, concern more than apparent in his voice.

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    He was approaching her. Perfect. Oh so perfect. She held back the smile, rearranging her face into one of concerned emotion. "I'm fine, my king. Flame is perfectly fine as well. She was worried about Drake, and sent me here to help you recapture him, only I arrived earlier then you had. I'm sure it was a miscalculation on my part." She lowered her eyes and bowed deferentially. "I've located him on the other side of the city, and getting Drake back will be no small feat. I'm sure with the others you've brought, it will be almost easy."

She flicked her eyes upwards towards the wall where the king had come from. "How many did you bring?"

When his eyes flicked back to the wall, she kicked a rock behind her, causing rustling noises. As if someone was approaching.

"My king!" Kala darted towards him, pressing closer then decorum would have permitted to keep them both hidden in the shadows. They both hesitated, waiting for the imagined attacker.

She waited a moment more, heart pounding in her ears before turning back to him, so close their breath mingled. So close. "Whisper in my ear, just in case."

You old fool. Faster then lightning she struck, grabbing his wrists with her hands and digging her nails in. The drain was significant at the start, but it slowed as the king's body tried to protect itself from her attack. She grinned, sliding her tongue across her teeth in anticipation.

"You lose." Like a snake she pressed her lips to his neck, right above his pulse. Her eyelids fluttered with delight as the energy from his body, from his own beating heart poured into her own like a river. She drank and drank, and even when she was sated, she still held him down, taking every last breath, every last beat from his heart until it was her own.

It wasn't easy. He struggled, oh yes he did. It only made the victory all the sweeter. And in the final moment, when there was nothing left, and the light left his eyes, she felt a surge of adrenaline, of power that now coursed her veins. All temporary, of course. But at that moment, as she dropped the king's body to the ground and wiped her lips, she felt as though she could run a marathon, or kill a thousand titans. She could do anything. Even kill a king. She thought smugly as she looked down. And now, to cover it up. Kneeling beside the lifeless man, she pulled out her dagger, and got to work. It wouldn't do if they thought this was done by anything other then normal means.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The King let out a long sigh when he heard that Flame was safe. She had come to help that was good, even better was the fact that she had already scouted things out. He could not figure out why she didn't just approach the group given what she was sent to do by his daughter, however it had always seem like Kala was a but of a shy person. She probably preferred to help from the shadows. "We should return to the others so we ca-" The King was cut short by the sound of something or someone moving.

The King had fast reflexes, but apparently not as fast as Kala as she pressed him into the shadows, hiding. The man slowed his breath to make it quieter, waiting for something to happen or pass. It was quiet for a long moment before Kala spoke. "I think it is safe." The king whispered right before Kala gripped his wrist. The King didn't realize what happened at first. Pain in his wrist told him that something was terribly wrong and he was not in danger by an outside threat. His magic worked hard on stopping the drain and fixing the wounds in his wrist, however there was only so much it could do.

He tried to struggle and move, he tried to throw the woman off of him, but life was draining from his body fast enough that moving became difficult as he weakened. He was powerless to do anything as Kala's lips moved towards his neck. Her warm lips connected with his neck and began to kiss it. Though his mind was filled with horror, his body was filled with a sense of delight as it drained of energy. How long had it been since someone kissed him? However no matter what his body was feeling through the horror and delight that came with the situation his mind slipped back to his daughter.

Quicker than ever expected all light started to fade from the King. His breathing grew slow, his head falling to the side, making it easier access for Kala to take the last sips of his life. "Amber... for." The King died there, the name of his daughter left on his lips as his entire body went limp, the light faded from his eyes. The man who had kept the city safe for so long was nothing more than a lifeless corpse. His careless trust left the group he had lead there without a leader and the responsibility of the city on his daughter, someone who was not ready for it. King Rhysand Rouge the VI was no more, leaving Kaynta with a new leader. Queen Amber Rouge the I.

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Satisfied, in more ways then one, Kala stepped back. The king's body, unmarked before, was now riddled with wounds. They were bleeding, slower then she would have liked, but it was hard to demand so much blood from a corpse. "Don't worry. I'm sure Flame is in very good hands." She smirked as she whispered to the winds. In spite of whatever might have occurred, she still respected the princess enough to call her by the name Flame wanted, not what her father wanted. Ah well, it wasn't her problem.

Wiping the dagger on the king's jacket, she didn't spare him another glance as she turned and high tailed it out, quietly. Too many an assassin had been caught just when they thought they were safest, when the job was done. Further into the city she ran, keeping to shadows and alleyways. It was helpful that the city seemed to be mostly empty. How curious, and advantageous. Once she reached the wall, she hesitated. She was far enough away that no one could have caught her, but she also wanted to see how everything would play out. Decisions....With a sigh, she unhooked her gear and pressed the buttons, sending the hooks flying towards the top of the wall. The gas tanks propelled her up, where she landed with a soft sigh and a click of her boots.

Safe.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale followed behind the king as he lead them down the second wall into the city. Once his feet were on the ground, he proceeded to take a look around the area. Nothing had changed. That was probably a good thing. If they didn't know or expect that they were coming, then there wouldn't be any traps or ambushes waiting for them. They continued into the city when Gale heard a whistling, he didn't recognize the tune at all, but he did hear it.

Since he didn't recognize the tune, he thought nothing of it. However shortly afterward the king had placed him in charge before heading off. The action had left Gale confused for a moment before as he tried to process what to do. The task of processing what to do could've been harder if not for A) the current task at hand and B) what the king had told him before going off. "We continue on as plan." Gale simply stated before advancing.

[​IMG]

While progressing through the walled city, Chrono had been looking around at just about everything he could rest his eyes on. To think he had simply planned on asking the king if he'd knew about his parents and now here he was in a walled off city searching for looking for Drake, the captain of the scouting legion and Veera. Quite the unexpected turn of event. An unexpected turn that he volunteered to do. With that in mind, he silently continued to follow behind Gale as leadership of the expedition was given to him.

6. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

Akari, came into the clearing where the training was at. She had brought some gear for what was to come. That was when king Rhysand told the group to get the equipment that they needed. She just had stocked up so there was no reason to get more. She got on her provided horse and made her way into town with nothing happing. That was when they reached the wall of the town. Her hair coved her ears so that she appeared human. She used her 3DMG to get to the top of the second wall right after the kind did. That was when she heard whistling. It was clearly human and not one of a bird or animal. That was when the king disappeared. He should not be going off by himself. She pulled out her bow. It was dangerous. She took a look at Gale, "Perhaps someone should go after the king, we do know that titans were around here and that whistling from earlier was clearly human." Being a elf she could hear better then humans so many of them might not have heard the whistling. She looked around with her eyes and listened to with hear ears at anything that might be coming. This was almost to easy. "Keep your eyes open." She continued to walk ready for anything that might happen.

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

Akari, had brought some equipment. The king then said it was time to go. They arrived at the walled off city and the king went up the wall followed by everyone one else. He pulled out his 3DMG and used it to get on top of the wall. Disappointment hit him. Where were the titans? There was none on the way to the city and now there was none in the city. What was this? Anyway he continued to walk without saying anything. There was not much to say anyways.

7. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Henry's pov:
    Henry Hall banner.jpg
    Before they had left he grabed a 3DMG. The king took off somewere when there was some sort of whistling as they got to the walled city. He stayed ready for anything as they keep moving forward.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  8. CrownMoksha Decimo

"I don't recommend that. We don't have any advantages being in enemy territory so sticking together as a group would be better then splitting off to find the king. We just have to keep going forward and hope that the king re groups with us." Gale replied. That being said, he couldn't help but to wonder just what that tune was and why did the king have to leave because of it. There must've been something special behind it that they didn't know.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Evening." Adelina replied, giggling slightly at how red Zack's ears were getting. " I wondered how long you planned to keep me waiting. So what are we going to do?" Adelina joked to try to break the tension in the air from the nervousness of both of them. "Should I expect some sort of romantic night? An epic adventure to throw a ring in a volcano. Or perhaps just an awkward mess." She then commented. She was serious about wanting to know what they were going to do, but figured that the jokes that she added in would perhaps make him laugh a bit instead of letting his face grow to the shade of a tomato.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Well, Hunter was disappointed to say the least. They'd gone from their little home to the walled city, and not a single titan had been encountered. Not even one of the little ones that posed little threat. What was the point of living on the edge if everything was safe as hell? There weren't even any guards on the walls or anything, the place was practically deserted from what he could tell. Landing next to Gale and performing a neat little break roll so he didn't injure himself, he opened his mouth to speak. "I bet I can take down more of them than you guys can. Who wants to take that bet?" he questioned, obviously taking it as seriously as the situation demanded.

[​IMG]
    Akari was swinging through the streets, watching and keeping an eye on the area around her. She had her gear, and that she was thankful for, but she couldn't shake the feeling it was a bad idea to be there. She hadn't been inside the walled city since she was a child, and now that she was back many painful memories had resurfaced. Her gear was good, her inventive skills were superb, but not even the most powerful inventions could bring back her dead parents or undo her past. She just hoped everything went good in the operation. As she landed next to Gale and the others and began following them, one single thing was going through her mind.

Please be okay. I don't know that I can handle another lost friend.

[​IMG]
    Drake couldn't believe what he was seeing. Of all people that had come to rescue him, it had been Flame. She was doing a damn fine job of rescuing them, Drake couldn't deny that, but was it just her? Or had more come to help? He sat there, attempting to free himself still, but halfway through Flame's demands he swore under his breath and dropped the dagger. He'd cut himself slightly, but more importantly the dagger wasn't working. He sat there, simply waiting as the guard came over to him and with a shaking hand unlocked the shackles around Drake's wrist. Drake stood up and nearly thanked the guard, before remembering everything he had put them through. With a vicious left hook, the scout leader hit the guard square in the jaw, sending the man staggering backwards. The guard's ally went to step forward, but Drake shot a glare off towards him. "I took down two guards with nothing but my feet, did you really want to try me with my hands free too?" he threatened. The other guard stopped, as the one that had freed Drake backed away.

Immediately Drake rushed over to Flame and stood right in front of her. While he should have been thankful, and a large part of him was, there was no way he wasn't going to say something. "Amber! What are you doing here? Where are the others? You shouldn't be here! You saw how they treat fae, you think they're going to just let you leave? You can't be here Amber, it's too dangerous! Why would you risk everything for us? Do you have any idea what it would do to your father, or everyone, if something happened to you? I...I couldn't even imagine what I would do without you! I don't even want to think about it, I'd rather face a thousand titans than think about it for even a second, why would you risk all that?!" he asked. He hadn't raised his voice; he'd never yell at her, but his tone of voice made the worry in his words stupidly evident.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera heard words, and voices, but she had been hearing that all day, accompanied by her screams. The only thing missing was her screaming, but she found she couldn't use her voice. Or maybe she was, and she couldn't hear it. Either one wasn't really a good sign. Instead of worrying on that, she simply focused on breathing. In and out. In and out. Everything will be okay. She was lying to herself yeah, but could anyone blame her? No, because no one could hear her. In and out. In.

[​IMG]
    Tessa waited for Zack to tell Hunter how stupid he was. When his voice never came, she looked back, worried that he had fallen behind. Oh yeah..Zack hadn't come with. She bit her lip, glancing at Gale before back towards Hunter. Well, shit. "Hunter, stop being stupid. We're here to rescue our people, not play a game." Man, she really didn't want his attention, and somehow hoped he hadn't heard her. Regardless, in case the man decided to throw her off the wall, she stuck close to Gale's side, hoping the more experienced soldier would stop action of that sort. If he didn't, then she might be in more trouble.

[​IMG]
    Zack chuckled. "I don't have any rings, but we could throw in an old skillet I found. Not as dramatic as a ring, but still, it could be fun." He joked, feeling a little more laid back. That feeling disappeared when he realized he hadn't planned anything. "Um...to be honest...I wasn't sure what to do. Do you want to, I don't know, walk around, or something? There's kind of a spot on the other side of those houses that's a little more isolated, and I've noticed the birds like to sit there." He hoped Adelina wouldn't think that was too bad, but she liked the birds. If not, well, there was that old skillet.

[​IMG]
    Kala had taken a risk. She was feeling a little cocky, so she allowed herself to get close enough to the rescue group that she could see them, but still out of ear shot. She lay on the nearly caved in roof of the house, her fingers pressing against the tiles so hard they turned white. There were quite a few of them, more then she had expected. But then, the king had always managed to surprise her when least expected. In the end, it hadn't mattered. She smiled to herself, her body humming with pleasure as it digested the life she had stolen. She hadn't taken so much in years. It felt good.

It didn't seem that the group was going to go looking for their lost leader. That was all well and good, but she would wait for them to move on before coming out of hiding, and going back. Then...well, then she was not sure. Did she pack a few essentials and disappear? Or stay and try to integrate herself once more? Choices choices. There was what he wanted, and then there was...well, what she wanted.

She let herself sink a little lower to avoid being unseen, and turned to stare up at the sky. What should she do?

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Flame just stood there and took Drake's yelling at her, because she knew it was stupid and he was going to be mad. However she couldn't hide the smile that cracked on her face as he yelled. It was clear to her that he was as worried about her as she was of him. "Just shut up." Flame told him with a slight giggle before she placed a hand on his face. If telling him to shut up didn't work, well she was certain that this would. Flame stretched up a bit to match Drake's height before softly placing her lips against his, kissing him deeply. She let the kiss linger for a moment before she broke away from him.

"I couldn't bare the thought of sitting at home while they were doing who knows what to you. I didn't come alone however,
    Kala helped me." Flame explained before she looked over at Veera and the guards now attempting to help her and save her life. Flame stepped away from Drake a moment, though it hurt her to do so. Fear that the moment she let her hand slip from his face, or his chest where her other hand sat, he would slip away from her again. However she had more things to deal with.

Walking over to her dear friend, Flame knelt next to
    Veera. "My father brought a group with him. I think Karen is among them, though I am not sure. I didn't come with him. I will find them and send Karen to you, okay? You just need to do me a favour and stay alive till she comes to heal you. I will not let anyone die." Flame told Veera as she grabbed one of the girls hands and held it tight. "Be strong. Drake and I have to go. We need to do what I promised so you can truly be free. Until they the guards will take care of you, as will Karen, because if they don't I will rip all their heads off." Flame's voice was soft and caring, but when it came to the end part she turned to the guards and bared her teeth as a warning for them. They already knew her terms, but it didn't hurt to remind them.

"Drake, come, we must go." Flame instructed the leader of the scouts as she stepped out of the building they were in. As soon as she got out, she set off a green flare to signal Kala that she was successful. Now she hoped that Kala could lead her to the others, or the others would see it and come her way. Besides needing Karen's help for Veera, she also needed the others to plan for the battle ahead, and perhaps even send word back to town for help, though this was assuming that was allowed. She had a feeling it wouldn't be. They were all prisoners here until the outer wall was retaken, and then they could all be free.
    [​IMG]
    "Sure, I am up for anything.... um just not the old skittle. Might cause an explosion if you throw it in a volcano. After all throw the rainbow and it will want you to taste the rainbow somehow. I would rather not risk rainbow lava." Adelina laughed at her own joke and really hoped that Zack would too. "After you." She then said motioning him to walk so she could follow. Adelina did her best not to fidget or anything. She tried to keep her hand open, not grabbing onto her dress or in a fist, just in case Zack felt like holding it. She didn't want to seem against the idea or too nervous. She would love it if he did hold her hand but it was up to him, and it was still their first date after all. Adelina didn't know how fast it was supposed to go. However given that he had already kissed her on the cheek, she figured because they knew each other for a while before, going a bit faster wasn't a bad thing. Even still her mind swirled with these questions. She supposed she could just always let Zack lead and she would just follow along the best she could.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  13. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

She turned to Gale when he said that he did not think it was a good idea to go off to look for the king. He then said that they did not have any advantages being in enemy territory so sticking together as a group would be better then splitting off to find the king. She just came back from a mission by herself so she did not think that this would be any different, but decided not to say anything on it. She guessed that it would be best to keep walking forward. Hunter then was stupid, surprise, surprise. She knew it was a mistake to bring him with them, but no the king wanted him. She did not know why. Hunter went on about he being able to take down more of them than you guys can. Who wants to take that bet?' "We are not here to kill anyone and that is not what the king would want. We are here for a rescue that is it nothing more nothing less." Tessa then said, 'stop being stupid. We're here to rescue our people, not play a game.' "I agree with Tessa we have to keep on track not play games. Playing games will just get people hurt." With that said and done it was time to move on. That was when a green flare was shot into the sky. "That is odd, seem like people in the city want to get noticed for some reason. We just have to keep moving to find the captured people." What would someone being doing with a flare? Why would someone shoot it off? This seemed like a way to trap them. Whatever the people where doing in this city she was sure that they knew that they knew they were here. Why would they not at this point? The only question was, what did they want?

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

Hearing someone else's voice, Gale looked to seeing that both Akari and Hunter had landed. While Akari was silent for the most part, Hunter had said something about being able to take down more titans than anyone else. "This isn't the time nor the place to be playing a stupid game, let's just focus on getting Drake and Veera back." Gale said, hoping that that would be enough to put Hunter's mind back on tr-wait this is Hunter. So instead he hoped for the best.

The group had continued forward when the green flare flew into the sky. At first Gale wasn't sure as to why a flare had been shot up, but when Karen mentioned people in the city wanting to be noticed, he started to get a hunch as to what the flare was. What if Drake or Veera had shot up the flare? He wasn't sure how they'd managed that or even if it was correct, but it was the only clue they had right now."Everyone, we're heading towards that flare." Pointing towards the flare while it was still in the air, Gale headed off in that direction. Hoping that his hunch was right.

15. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

Gale yelled at hunter after Tessa and she did. There was not much that could be done about Hunter. It was not like they could get him to leave or anything. There was the fact that hunter maybe come useful down the road, but she could not see what it was. Well it was better t have him and not need him then to not have him and need him. That was when Gale decide to head towards the flare. What was he doing? He quickly followed him. Then said, "This could be a trap. We are better off doing what we came here for and get Drake and Veera out of here. The only thing is the flare seems to be coming from the direction of the cells. It could be Drake or Veera, but how did they get there hands on a flare?" It was far more likely that this was a trap then anything else. They would find out one way or another, because they had to go this way anyways.

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

The king went off to do who knows what. He wanted titans, but none had shown up. Knowing what the king had said about the titans they were going to show up at some point. The area had titans not that long go according to the king. That was when Hunter was betting on killing more then the rest of the group. He must be stupid or something. So far the man did not show any signs of smarts. It was more of the someone was home, but the light were out. He just continued to walk. There was a couple of people that called hunter out, Tessa, Karen and Gale. That was when he saw a green flare shot into the sky. That was some what odd. That was when Gale ran off towards the direction of the flare. He had no choice but to follow the group so he did.

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Kala cursed as the flare hit the sky. Honestly, she hadn't thought the girl could do it. Flame might prove to be more of a formidable adversary then she had originally thought. Of course, she hadn't thought a lot of things would happen today, and they had. It was a beautiful thing. She wouldn't let anything spoil this day. With a sigh, she sat back down on the roof and thought through her options. A, she could still run, and probably make it back. B, she could go back to Flame. C, she could do neither and remain here, or D, she could do neither and go back to the place she had called home for so long.

Eh, she was feeling lucky. And hell, she had a soft spot for the rebellious princess. Reminding her a bit of herself. She turned and jumped into the air, the hooks grabbing the side of the wall to swing her forward. She would go there, but hang back until the main group caught up with
    Flame. She didn't want to be taken for an enemy, after all.

[​IMG]
    Zack smiled at Adelina as he passed her by, walking down the path to the bench. "I haven't seen a rainbow in a long time. It would be nice to see one now, for good luck." His thoughts strayed back to Tessa, and he hoped she was alright. "You think they'll be back tonight?" He asked Adelina, turning back to look at her before offering his hand to help her over a splintered board. "Someone ought to fix that." He muttered to himself.

[​IMG]
    Tessa silently followed Gale towards the flare.

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Drake stood there as Flame kissed him, stunned. He did recover and kiss her back, only for her to break away from it. He'd wanted to do that for some time, but had never seemed to find the right moment. It had been everything he'd imagined it to be, and now the moment was over. He looked down at Veera and was ashamed to realise that for just a very, very brief moment he had forgotten about her. Kneeling down as Flame began to leave, he looked at Veera straight in the eyes. "We both know you're stronger than this, Veera. We will be as quick as we can, but you need to hold your own. I know you can beat this. Don't give up, do you hear me? Keep fighting" Drake encouraged. He then got up and hurried after Flame. She fired off a green flare, which was very confusing to Drake due to it normally being associated with a change of formation. Shouldn't she have used a purple one? It didn't matter too much though, so long as it got people over. Hopefully that's what would happen before it was too late.

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale wasn't surprised by the fact that Karen had questioned his choice to follow the flare. After all he was basing this entirely off a hunch and with the current situation at hand, there wasn't a whole lot of time that could be used to second guess himself. "I may not know where they got the flare assuming that it is Drake and Veera who fired it, but there's still a chance that it was them and I'll take it."

Having said that, Gale continued in the general direction of the flare. It had already vanished in the night sky, thus leaving them with a general guess as to where it was. At this point they were nearing the middle of the city as a building could be seen in the distance. Was this where the flare was fired off from? There was something else that he wondered as they got closer to the building. At the distance they were current;y at, he could make out there being two figures in front of the building, but he didn't recognize them just yet.

The closer they got thought the figures became clearer and clearer until it was pretty obvious as to who they were. It was Drake and Flame who were standing in front of the building. As greats as a sight as that was, Drake looked to be worse for wear as he was injured a bit. As for Flame, well he wasn't even sure when she's gotten here but least nothing had happened to her. "Drake are you okay? Where's Veera?" Those were the first two things that Gale could think to ask.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Be brave. They whispered to her. Be strong. Fight. Well what the hell had she been doing this entire time? And where had it gotten her? Pain, pain that seemed to grow and lessen with each breath she took. So why should she keep fighting? Who would mourn her loss? She had no family, well, anyone she would call family. She had comrades, but would she call them friends? What was a friend? Someone to watch my back. Someone to cover me. Drake could fall into that category, and maybe at point one Hunter could have, but....but why was she thinking this? Wasn't she supposed to have flashbacks of her life, or something? Maybe that meant she wasn't dying, but if this wasn't death, then she could admit that she would fear that pain when it came for her. No wonder everyone struggled so hard to survive. It was traumatic enough trying to live, but death seemed to have untold horrors in store.

She struggled to open her eyes, but was unable. Or maybe they were open, and she simply couldn't see. She wasn't sure which thought petrified her more; speeding up her heart rate, and pumping the blood out of her body faster. Could it possibly get more worse? Oh yeah. I could die. That would be worse.

[​IMG]

Tessa kept close to Gale, for no other reason that she felt safer being next to a scout she knew was skilled, and the only other option was Hunter. When they arrived, Flame and Drake stood in the doorway of a building. Tessa felt a little distressed to see that Drake was injured, but even more so that Veera wasn't amongst them. Were they too late? No, no they couldn't be. She was so caught up in listening to Gale, and waiting for an answer, that she almost didn't notice the girl creeping up next to them, slinking through the shadows as she drew closer to Flame.

"Hey!"

[​IMG]
    Kala froze, much like a deer. Yum..deer. She was returned to the present by another shout, as the girl who had noticed her put a hand on her blade. Well, that simply wouldn't do. She stepped into the light, hands up, eyes narrowed. "Please, I mean you no harm. I am one of you. I am here for my princess."

Turning back towards
    Flame, and sending a quick prayer to her gods that none of them would try to stab her in the back, she knelt, one hand resting on her knee, the other on the ground. "Your Highness, I saw the flare and came as quickly as I could. I was exploring the city for danger, but strangely enough, I can't seem to find any citizens of this city. I think we should leave at once." Peeking underneath her hood, she hesitated. Flame's life nearly blinded to her to Drake's, who was a steady star to her sun. But behind them...."She's nearly gone." Kala murmured, her heart feeling a little pity.

To be clinging to life so desperately, but without the strength to pull back from the edge completely....it must be horrible. "
    Flame, let me end it for her. She's dying. This is cruel." She said the words quietly, so that only Flame and Drake would be able to hear them. She didn't have to fake the pity or the sorrow in her voice, for they were real. It was one thing to go down on your own two feet, with a weapon in your hand and fire in your heart, but to lie there helplessly....

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It didn't take too long before both Kala and the group that her father was leading, however her father was no with them. Flame was slightly worried about the fact that he wasn't there, but there was not much she could do about it. Flame turned to everyone in front of her ready to explain what happened, but first she had to worry about Veera. "Kala no, do not put her out of her suffering. If I thought there was no other way I would have done that myself." Flame told Kala, her voice hard and demanding as she then looked at Karen. "Karen, you need to get inside that building. No one will harm you, I promise. Go save Veera. If there is anytime for you to use your powers it is now. Help her, and don't leave her side. Understand?" Flame gave the orders.

Once the orders were given she turned to the others.
    "Listen all of you. To free Veera and Drake I had to make a deal. I am sure you guys all saw that the outer wall has been broken. The outer city is overrun by titans. We are to drive out the titans and take back the city for the humans. We are trained for this, we should be able to do this, but it will be dangerous. We all must be on our guard." Flame explained. "My father was with you yes? Someone fetch him, he will be more capable of leading the charge. Everyone prepare yourselves because this battle starts soon.

[​IMG]
    "I heard rainbows are pretty, but I haven't actually seen one myself that I remember." Adelina explained as she took Zacks hand as he helped her over a splinted board. "I hope that they get back tonight. I would be worried if they didn't." Adelina said. She then whistled and a small bird landed on her shoulder. "Could you do me a favour and check on the king. Thank you." She said and the bird flew off. "There we should know how things are going soon enough. But lets not worry about that. We should just enjoy our night." Adelina suggested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.