Attack on Titan: Reluctant Hero's

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Flame was running as fast as she could and soon she came barreling through the training grounds, shifting at too high speeds to stop herself from stumbling into her father. "Dad! Dad they got them. They got Drake and Veera. I couldn't save them. We need to go back and get them please!" Flame began to talked rather fast and overly panicked. "Please we can't wait." She begged as she stared at her father, the king of Kaynta. She had honestly forgotten about the wound and the main in her eye right until her father touched it.

The kings hand lingered over his daughters wounded face before moving to wipe a tear from her eye. "Calm down Amber. Please tell me what exactly happened. We will save them I promise, but rushing right back in right away is only a way to die. Where is the rest of the scouts anyways." He wasn't going to bother asking why she wasn't with her hunting regiment, it was rare that she stayed where she was put. Right now the priority was with the scout regiment that disappeared. All but one other, Gale who seemed to be trailing behind Flame.

"I went with the scouts and we were attacked by Titans, at least ten. We lost four there, but Drake, Veera, Gale, and I continued on our mission to the walled city. The outer wall was broken and the town behind it destroyed. Something called a colossal titan attacked apparently. We found a group of people sent out to collect stuff from the rubble and they recognized Veera. I went to get her out, careful to over the fact I was Fae, but the recognized me... One said I looked like someone from years before.... Dad what happened to mom. Did titans truly kill her?" Flame got to asking the question she really wanted to ask.

"I don't know. They were split up by a group of humans, your mothers regiment and her. No one found her again, we just assumed she ran into a titan. " The king explained.
    "They took her... they took her tortured her and killed her to give people more a reason to fear us. They wanted to remind the people we exist and need to be killed." Flame said, a tone of anger in her voice.
    "Amber, get that wound cleaned and go rest. I am going to get Gales point of view of what happened, and then we will put together a stealth team to rescue them. But you are not going. They know what you are and what you look like now. It is too dangerous. I will not lose you too." The king demanded.
    Flame stepped back she didn't like that answer. "I got them into this. I need to save them. Veera... Drake... I will not leave them."
    "You will only put them in more danger! Amber go!" The king ordered. Flame was unreasonable at the best of times, so now she wouldn't be thinking clearly.

Flame finally listened, tears in her eyes. She was so angry and so scared. She didn't know what to do anymore. Soon she activated her maneuver gear and was flying up into the trees and back up to the city, to find her way home. Perhaps their maid would be in cleaning. Flame almost considered her a friends, something she didn't have many of. She just needed someone there to keep her from going insane.

Meanwhile the king let out a sigh, looking down at the blood left on his hand from the wound on Flames face. "Gale, front and center. The rest of you I advise you to listen, see if this is a mission you will be confident taking. No one has to go though. This will probably be dangerous and only those who want to go have to. But first I want to hear Gales account of what happened, then we will decide who will go and what the plan is." The king instructed before stepping back to allow Gale to speak.

[​IMG]
    Adelina soon found herself back in her kitchen beginning her work. Although Karen was trying to be kind and all it still didn't help her from feeling sorry for herself. Issac was dead and she felt sorry for herself because of that and refined herself to just being a cook worker. As she continued to work, a squirrel had found it's way to her windowsill. Well it was some form of distraction. As Adelina worked at breaking down the meat, searing most of it off for a stew that night she spoke with the squirrel, occasionally tossing it a nut or something she had laying around the kitchen. With the strange silence of the kitchen, she was happy to have a companion, even if it was just a squirrel.

Inside the walled city
    "You think you are so funny. Asking for a key like I am just going to let you out? I don't think so. Neither of you are going anywhere until you tell us where that Fae is hiding out, or she comes and rescues you. But don't worry, if she takes too long you will both be dead so you won't have to watch what we have planned for her." The man said as he turned from Veera towards Drake. "Get her a drink of water, we don't want her dying on us just yet!" He ordered before turning to Drake, plunging the knife he was holding into the mans thigh. "Perhaps you will be willing to tell us just where the girl went. I promise if you do, you will live." He said as he twisted the knife ever so slightly.​

2. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

With Adelina being busy she did not think she should stay much longer. She watched Adelina worked at breaking down the meat, cooking it in different ways. That was when a squirrel showed up occasionally tossing it a nut or something that was laying around the kitchen. She took one last look at Adelina and put a hand on her shoulder. "I am sorry I was not there to save him." What was it like to talk to other animals? She had always wondered what it was like. Maybe it was a bit like Elvish. She could read and translate it. Perhaps that was what Adelina was doing. Perhaps it was not and she did not think she would ever know. It might be like trying to explain Elvish to someone. It always seemed imposable to anyone try and explain to unless they were a elf. With everything that she had used nice a clean it was time to go. She left the kitchen that Adelina was in and headed for the stairs hidden stairs that was the way out. She figured she should stop at her home and stock up on arrows and clean up. Once out of café she headed for her home. She opened the door and filled her quiver. She smiled at the now filled thing. Now she had to get cleaned up. She emptied her bag of everything she used on her trip. She then refilled it with supplies that she could use on her next trip. She took a shower, she was somewhat surprised all that dirt went down the drain. She put one clean clothes and headed for the door taking her things with her. She wondered if the king wondered where she had been all this time. She left her house locked the door behind her and began to look for where the king might be.

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

He stood a tree. That was when some girl came by and started calling the king dad. Amber was her name. There was an attack from titans. This was interesting. The king was going to send some of then on a mission. He stood by ready to hear what to do.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera struggled to swallow the water. It was lukewarm, and slightly foul tasting, but it was liquid. Her arms were throbbing waves of pain, and she swung slightly, teetering on the edge of consciousness. It would have been nice, to just let go, but she had to stay here, and now. The view of the knife entering Drake's body called her back into action, and she kicked out at one of the guards next to her. She hoped it wasn't the one who had been nice with the water, but if it was, well, karma was a bitch. "You bastards will pay for this." She spat weakly, her words lined with venom. If Drake went down, then they lost all hope for the city to survive. And Flame would be heartbroken beyond repair. If it killed her, she would at least make sure he escaped.

"I'll make sure you regret every single inch of pain." She whispered through clenched teeth as she struggled to stand. Her feet felt strange beneath her, but she managed it.

[​IMG]
    Tessa sidled closer to Zack, grabbing the hem of his shirt and holding it tightly as she stared at the king with determined eyes. Veera, and Drake? The rest were..dead? She hadn't really known them, but they had seemed like a close bunch. And it was easy to tell what Flame felt for Drake. She had always secretly hoped the two would one day marry, and it would be a wedding like those in the fairy tales. Her mouth set in a straight line, she focused her attention on Gale, waiting for him to speak.

[​IMG]
    Zack felt a twinge of anxiety, mirrored by Tessa as she clung to his shirt, a habit she had picked up when they were younger. He wondered if Adelina knew yet. The king didn't say that he had to take the mission, and he was had promised Adelina to take her on a date, one she said she was really looking forward to. The expression on her face, the disappointment made something in his chest ache, and he exhaled, trying to get rid of it. But if Tessa went on this mission without him, and something happened....he chose to avoid this line of thought and focused on Gale.

[​IMG]
    Kala was sweeping the floor, for all the world looking like a mundane human. And for a little bit, she could pretend that she was. But all too quickly, her senses sharpened, and her eyes turned up from her task to the window, where a small bird had perched. Her mouth went dry, and she licked her lips as the small creature stared at her. So easy....so easy to take you. She took a half step forward, and a rustling noise sent the bird flying away, off into the sky. It was just as well, because a moment later Princess Amber, better known as Flame, stormed in. Looking very upset. "Oh dear." Kala murmured, setting her broom aside and wiping her hands as she carefully stepped over the small dust pile. "Flame, what's wrong? You look really upset." She could have a few guesses, but it would be better, much better, to hear it from the girl's lips.

"Oh my." she gasped, even as the sight of the
    fae's blood trickling over her face made her heart beat just a little too fast. Let the girl think it was in anxiety. Kala could barely contain herself from holding the girl down and draining the life from her. But she mustn't.

"
    Flame, what happened to you?" She ran into the next room, nearly soundless as she grabbed the closest kit of medical supplies, and brought it back, gesturing for the fae to sit down while she tended to her. In a city that lived in fear of titans, at least you could be sure that wherever you were, bandages and sutures would be nearby.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale, front and center.

At the kings words, Gale moved to the center of the training grounds. He didn't need to look around to tell that everyone's gaze was focused on him. Being the center of attention was certainly an odd feeling for Gale. A couple of people was one thing, but this was on a different level. He stood there is silence, shaking away any uncomfort that he had as well as taking in a deep breath. No time to worry about this. He needed to inform the king of what had happened so that a plan of rescue could be enacted.

"It's as Flame had said, after losing 6 of our scouts to the titans we continued towards the walls city where we entered to get a better idea on what had happened there. We found some people who at first seemed to be harmless and asked them what had happened. Veera and Flame must have gotten separated from us while Drake and I were getting information." Gale took a sudden pause in his recollection. He couldn't stop here, no matter how much he didn't want to be reminded of what had happened. For Drake and Veera's sake.

"When we noticed this we quickly went in search for them. Drake had gotten there before me and we found the two of them being attacked. At first it looked like we had the situation under control, but their numbers grew to the point where I had grab Flame and escape with her. Your highness, I request hat whatever mission is decided that you let me partake. I refuse to let my friends sacrifice themselves so that I could get away again!" His fist tighten with the same amount of passion that was in his words. He'd lost one friend because they sacrificed themselves for his sake and he'd be damned if he lost anymore.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Very well." The king said as he rubbed his chin. He didn't blame anyone for their capture but he did have to do something about it. "Thank you for getting my daughter out of there, I know she can be unreasonable and hard to handle at the best of times, I can't imagine what it was like to drag her out of that. But this city needs their future queen to survive, no matter what the cost." The king said. "When this is all over, whatever you ask of us, it is your Gale, as thanks for the service you did for Kaynta." The king told the man giving a slight bow at the end as a sign of his gratitude.

Turning to everyone else he decided to address them with a plan. "
    It is dangerous for many of us to enter the walled city. However we cannot let this stop us. We will go in under the cover of dark, for those of you with distinguishable features that identify you as anything but human, you will have to do your best to keep those covered, that being said it won't be easy. If possible we will sneak in and rescue Veera and Drake with minimal blood shed. If we get caught I will see if we can make some kind of deal. I may be your king but if they catch us and no deal can be reached, if some of you can get out, please do, you leave me there and report back. I would rather someone be able to confirm what happened then us all dying and no one here knowing. Flame will no be permitted to join us so there will be no need to worry about losing all leaders. Further more we need to be prepared. Those who are willing to come along will be assigned different pieces of preparation. We don't have much time till night fall comes. A few will need to go to Adelina and request rations for the night. We don't need anyone getting weak or fainting from not eating enough. Others grab and check all gear that we need. And someone else will need to see if Karen is back, if she is her service as a healer may be needed if she is willing to join." The king outlined. "Talk among your selves and report back to me if you are coming and which task you are willing to help with."

[​IMG]
    Flame sat down as Kala grab a medicine kit and indicated for her to do so. While the woman worked on her wound Flame began to explain what happened and while she was upset. She started right at the beginning when she jokingly attacked the scouts before joining them on their mission. She talked about the Titan attack and all that they lost. Through these bits she seemed distant and emotionless. Her voice grew soft and sad as she reached the part in the wall city. How she tried to help Veera get out of an uncomfortable situation, and got them both in trouble. She talked about Veera's injury and about how Drake took on unimaginable odds to keep the humans back while Gale dragged her away. She didn't however say much about the point that she had got the cut on her face, she'd rather not talk about that one.

"Dad won't permit me to go save them. They are captured because of me and I can't save them. My chest hurts and worst of all I can't stop thinking about Drake and his charming laugh and the beautiful way that he fights, and ugh why am I thinking about this. It is not the time for stupid childish crushes." Kala was the only one that Flame would admit that too. She thought of Kala as a friend. It never seemed that Kala feared her or treated her different due to the fact she was the princess. With Kala she felt like a normal girl. "What do I do now?" Flame breathed quietly, more than a little scared and confused with the situation.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Drake squirmed a little, but endured the pain rather well given how intense it was. He didn't scream, didn't cry out, he simply gritted his teeth and endured. This seemed to bother the guard, but not as much as Drake's next words. "I'll tell you that when you learn how to hold a knife properly, so I'd say we've got a few years of quality time" he retorted. The knife was suddenly plunged even further into the scout leader's thighs, and Drake could remain silent no more. He didn't scream or cry out, but you could hear him straining not to do so. "A little better" he said. His plan was simple; piss off the guard so much and do whatever it took to get the attention away from Veera.

Once the guard eventually gave up they could work on escaping. He was just thankful that Flame had gotten away when she had. He owed Gale more than his friend probably knew. They could torture Drake as much as they liked, he'd never tell them what they wanted to know, but if they'd tortured Flame in front of him he wasn't confident he would hold up for very long. The idea of her being hurt was one he detested and would do everything in his power to prevent. It wasn't just his duty to protect her, but he wanted to protect her. It was no secret that his affections for the Fae princess ran deep. Her ravishing beauty, the feisty nature, he couldn't think of many things about her that he didn't find attractive, and the very thought that he may never escape the prison and see her again was one he would not allow to enter his mind for even a fraction of a second.

As the guard dug the knife further into his thigh, Drake quickly realized that if he pissed off the guard too much he may not live to ever get out, or at least be crippled beyond belief if he did. And yet he couldn't allow Veera to be punished for his mistake, so what was he to do? He had no way to keep both himself and Veera out of harm unless he sent the guard away, though there was no way to do that. Unless....he had an idea, a long shot but maybe it would work. And if it didn't, he wouldn't be in any worse of a situation. "You might want to ease off on the knife. I'm sure your leader would be very upset to discover you'd just killed off your best hope of fighting back the titans. My name is Drake Famoye, son of one of the most powerful generals to ever stand against the titans, Daniel Famoye. With every twist of that knife, my fighting ability drops that much more, as do your chances of survival" he announced.

[​IMG]
    A wave of fear surged through Akari as the king spoke of launching a rescue operation. Going back to the walled city, could she do it? Her father had been killed there, she was sure of it, and she'd seen her mother die there. That place brought up a lot of bad memories..and yet at the same time as the fear entered her body, so did curiousity. This was her chance to test her inventions. Not only the cloak, but the gauntlets as well as the other invention she'd been working on secretly. As a person the very idea of her going back to the walled city was one that terrified her to no end, but as an inventor she simply couldn't resist the urge. Walking over to the king, she gave a very slight grin. "Akari Hirano, ready to do whatever task is necessary to go and get them back" she stated, only moments before a quite loud explosion was heard from a distance away.

[​IMG]
    Hunter hadn't done a hell of a lot while everyone was talking. Instead of doing things and being productive, he'd gone to marvel at the armory they had. Or rather, at the lack of one. All it had was a few guns, an absolute assload of 3DMG, and a hand grenade. So naturally, he'd done the only logical thing and taken the hand grenade to go to the training grounds. And what what a good idea that was. Everyone there, talking about some rescue operation. Rescuing Veera and Drake from the walled city, which meant that they'd likely run into some titans along the way, and other people that probably didn't want them saving Veera and Drake. Hunter had been close enough to actually hear what was going on (barely), but he turned and walked away, tossing the hand grenade playfully from one hand to the other.

Once he'd gotten a distance away, he tossed the grenade forward. He raced forward after he realized his mistake, pulled the pin, and then threw it forward once more. As the explosion went off, he walked through the smoke and dust in the air that was now there due to the explosion, walking as though he were in slow motion for dramatic effect. Once he'd made it through the dust, he ignored the fact he'd just wasted their only hand grenade and he unsheathed his blade to sling it over his shoulder heroically. "Did somebody call for a hero? Guts, glory, hot princesses and the chance to make the leader of the scouts look like an amateur? Sign me up" Hunter declared, announcing his intention to help.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  7. CrownMoksha Decimo

The king had left deciding who was to go back to the walled city up to them. Gale already knew what he decision he was going to make. Both on whether or not he was going to go and what task he wanted to be a part of. So there was no reason for him to delay speaking with the King. "Gale Shinryu, ready to get my comrades back." He declared, moments before an explosion had sounded behind him.

[​IMG]

Chrono's pondering had lead him to the Dinning Hall. usually there were a fair amount of people at the dinning hall and so it might be a good place to start information hunting. Chrono walked towards the counter and took himself a seat. He then reached into his pocket and took out the picture of his parents. If no one here had any clues on where his parents were, he could always ask the king to see if he knows anything.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    The guard stopped, hesitating. He was now put in a difficult position with this new information. If he kept torturing the man, and it really was Daniel Famoye's kid, he could kiss his career goodbye. But if it wasn't, he could be relieved of his position as squad leader. There was only one safe way to go. He grabbed the girl's head by her hair, yanking it back to expose her throat before pressing the blood stained knife against it. "Go get someone who can confirm his story. Someone who has access to a photo of the General Famoye." He ordered one of the other scouts. The girl nodded and took off, shutting the door behind her. "You better hope that there's a strong family resemblance, boy. Because if you're lying, she dies. Slowly. And if you're not lying well.." He smiled. "They're going to be very interested how the general's son came to be in the company of one of those things, and this girl."

"Things don't look good for you." The man whispered in her ear, stirring the small hairs. She did her best to ignore him, did her best to stare blankly at the dirty ceiling as the cold metal of the weapon at her throat cut into her skin, causing a small trickle of blood to make its way down her neck. She didn't think her heart had ever pounded so quickly in her life. Torture was one thing, but this man sounded intent on finishing her life before she had a chance to escape this building.

"Then I guess I'll see you in hell." She whispered, her voice trembling despite the bravado of her words. At least with the titans, death came quickly. She had never had the chance to actually look death in the face, to know what it was, to watch it happen to her without her control.

[​IMG]
    "Oh no." Tessa grabbed Zack's shirt and pulled him back. "You're not missing out on your date. This'll be a breeze." She mustered up a smile to show her friend, turning the grip into a pat on the back. "What would Adelina think if you canceled? You can't back out now. We'll take care of this. There'll be other missions. She jumped as an explosion rent the air, and who else but Hunter stepped through the smoke. She clenched her fists, but remained silent. He wasn't her problem. Right now anyway. She raised her hand ignoring Hunter's question. "I'll go." she told the king.

[​IMG]
    Zack wanted protest, but he knew Tessa was right. He wouldn't be able to stay focused on the mission, and that would put Tessa and the others in more jeopardy then if he stayed behind. All the same, he felt like a coward. Glaring at Hunter, he crossed his arms, but remained silent. Despite the inner need to want to help, to prove himself, he remained silent. If Adelina canceled now, he might have no other choice then to jump off the tallest house he could find. Or get drunk.

[​IMG]
    Kala kept her expression sympathetic as Flame talked. "That sounds awful." she murmured, moving as quickly as she could to finish up with Flame's wounds. "I wouldn't know what to do either. I mean, I know what I would do, but I'm not the princess." She demurred, lowering her eyes. This might seem as an act of shyness, but in reality she couldn't bear the sight of Flame's strong pulse for another instant. "I would do whatever I could to rescue my friends." She said simply, getting to her feet and taking the medical kit back to where she had found it. "It makes it trickier that your father has forbidden you, but not completely undoable." She tapped her foot as though thinking, for a moment.

"I could come with you!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands as she whirled around. "Then your father couldn't protest you going, because I would protect you with my life." She knelt in front of the
    princess again, swallowing hard as she fought down the urges once more. "Flame, I offer my life as protection for yours. I will keep your body from all harm with my own, and intercept all weapons aimed for your person."

9. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

He stood by a tree. What had happened was unfortunate. Somehow two people got separated from the group. Veera and Drake were the two that got captured. The king then said, 'We will go in under the cover of dark, for those of you with distinguishable features that identify you as anything but human' That should not be that hard for him. He was already coved from head to toe. Sneak in a get Veera and Drake out. He wondered how simple it would be. Then came the question of food. He was beginning to regret not eating at the café. He did not think that they were going to be gone all day. The walled city? That was a interesting name for a place. Titans were sure to be there and there was no way he was going to miss out on this. That was when Akari had said she would go. That was when there was a loud explosion was heard from a distance away. A rather rude man showed up. Just what they needed a crazy explosion person. That was when Tessa said that she was going to go. It was starting to look like everyone was going to go to the walled off city. It looked like Zack was the only was staying back. With that said and done he moved away from the tree he was standing by and made his way over to the king. Then he said to Tessa, "looks like everyone wants to help." He was ready to go. "Ready to go to the walled city," he said to the king. The king had said something about a person named Karen. Who were they. By the sound of it this girl was a useful healer, but that brought up the question of where was she.

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

She left her house and headed for the kings house. It was as good as place as any to look for the man. She continued to walk until she arrived at the kings house. She stood at the door and nocked. After a few minutes of waiting there was no answer. That was when she nocked again this time louder. "Are you here?" she yelled. There did not seem to be an answer still. That met he was not home. Where could the man be?

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Well there were plenty willing to help but few that actually said what they were going to do to help prepare for the journey. "Tessa, you and Gale can go to the kitchen, ask Adelina to prepare rations for tonight, and give her a hand if needed. Akari, go back to our weaponry and gather any gear we might need. Griffin, you can find Karen and bring her to me to speak with. And Hunter I need to have a word with you." With that he dismissed everyone around him to go do their independent jobs. He then turned to Hunter, with an angry glare. "I think you need to rethink your reasons for doing this mission. And on top of that if you ever get near my daughter I will rip your throat out." The king snarled, baring his teeth at the man, showing his more primal side that all fae had, the instincts seen in many animals. "Further more you raided out weaponry using our last grenade just to make an entrance. Do you wish to be stuck with dish duty for the next month, every meal, collect and clean everyone's dishes and cleaning all the pots and such from cooking. You will be doing that alone, with no help. I hope you enjoy the dishes." The king told Hunter before dismissing him too with a wave. The mission wouldn't start for another few hours, for now it was just preparation.

[​IMG]
    Flame thought through Kala's words. The idea that Kala could die in service of her bothered her. On top of that her father would be going and with their heightened senses it would be hard to hide that she was also there. Plus if something went terribly wrong, then the king and only heir were captured and or killed what would happen to Kaynta? Flame started to get a little anxious over the idea of leaving their city without a leader. However she then thought about Drake and Veera. She couldn't just sit here when they were in trouble.

"I don't know... the humans recognize me... or my mother in me that is. They could pick out I am a fae based on how similar I look to her." Flame stated. "It is dangerous and I don't want to lose you... but I don't want to lose Drake either." Flame kept talking trying to work out her own mind. "If we do, go through with this, and I won't say we are yet, but if we do then you will have to do me a favour. Help my dye my hair black. Just something to make me slightly less recognizable." She told Kala. She still wasn't sure if she fully wanted to go. She would have to skip around her father trying to hide from him. She would have to go in with only one other to try not to get killed and rescue her two friends, and hope that both her and her father didn't die in the process. It was a big risk and if anything went wrong then they were really in trouble, the entire city was.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono placed the picture of his parents and moved his free hand up to his mouth. "Hey Adeline, mind if I ask you something?" Hopefully his calling out to her would bring her to where he was seated. Then hopefully his clue search would start off on a good foot. Chrono was hoping that that would be the case this time around. While he most certainly wasn't going to give up looking for them, he could just a helpful hint.

Upon getting his orders, Gale gave the king a quick nod before turning towards Tessa. Off the top of his head he couldn't recall working with her before. Thus in the event that this was their first time working together, he should probably introduce himself. "You probably already heard this, but my name is Gale."

12. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Henry's pov:
    Henry Hall banner.jpg
    "I'll help however I can. Were do you want me? What dangers are there we will face." He stood there waiting until they could leave.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  13. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Tessa hesitantly turned away from Zack, who was in La La land, and shook Gale's hand, trying not to blush. "We've all heard your names." She murmured, ducking her head. Gale was part of Drake's team, who were legendary heroes in her eyes. And Zack's but he was on Cloud 9 and not paying attention.

"I'm Tessa." With introductions done, she turned and headed back to the kitchens to do what she needed to do, waving to Adelina before standing at attention for the fairy's orders. A part of her wasn't surprised when Zack followed her with puppy eyes. He wasn't going with, but that didn't mean he wouldn't help them.

[​IMG]
    Kala nodded, not in the least bit put out. "Just say the word, mistress, and I shall do it." She promised, one palm placed over where her heart lay in her chest. It was beating weakly, and she kept her face blank, though inwardly she worried. She needed to feed, and soon, or she might faint. A fainted Kala was bad news for everyone involved. "But whatever we do, we must do soon." She prompted the princess.

14. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

The king had asked him to go find someone by the name Karen. There was only one problem he had no clue where to start looking or where Karen would be. He thought for a moment. He had no clue what made the king think Karen was back. Karen could have died or still be out for all they knew so, he really did not get it. This was the first time that the king had said anything about Karen. He would have asked the king these questions, but he was now talking to hunter. Well he guessed that the first place he would go when he got back was the kitchen. With that thought done he followed Tessa and Gale to the kitchen going up the stairs shortly after them. She spotted Adelina working in the kitchen making some food. She must have started that shortly after they left. There must be some food back in the kitchen or someone brought it to her. He began to wonder if the women ever got a break. It was said in a way always in one spot. Never leaving and never getting the chance to see the world. The world was somewhat unforgiving, but still she should get out. "Adelina do you know anyone, by the name of Karen? Has she come back and if so do you know where she went?"

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

After waiting for some time at the kings house she tried to think of where else the man would be. Hum, if he was home he was not answering. It was best to look somewhere else, but where? Well when she had gone off they was some people planning to go off which she was sopost to go with them, but she had gotten back to late. There was also talking about training coming up soon so perhaps the king was at the training grounds. She knocked one more time at his door and waited a few minutes. She then decided that it would be best to go check somewhere else. She left the kings house and headed to the training grounds taking the trees there. She got to the training grounds only to see the king talking with someone. She sat in a tree and waited. She did not want to interrupt. She did not think he would miss her landing. Elves among many things had rather good hearing compared to everyone else. If the king did not hear there was someone in the tree she did not know what to say.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Adelina stepped out of the kitchen to Chrono's call. "Yes Chrono, what is it?" She asked him. Adelina knew pretty much everyone in the city, and she knew all their names, even if they didn't necessarily know her all that well. It was something she took great pride in, getting to know and recognize everyone that came through her halls for meals. Although before she could get too far in that conversation, Griffin showed up, asking about Karen. as well as Tessa, Zack and Gale returning, none of them saying much. "Sorry Chrono give me a minute then my attention is all yours." She told the man, feeling he had more than a quick question.

"Yes Griffin, I do know Karen. I believe she went looking for the king. I can't tell you exactly where though. Good luck trying to find her." Adelna responded to Griffin before turning to the other three, blushing slightly when she lay eyes on Zack. "What can I get for you guys?" She asked politely before tagging on. "I am kind of in the middle of something else at the moment." She indicated to Chrono letting them know she was going to have a conversation with the man. It was difficult balancing so many people talking to her at once, but she did her best to do it and make sure they all knew that she cared to hear them out.

[​IMG]
    A quick decision, that was what was needed, but not what Flame wanted. "Guess it is time for me to burn brighter than before and hope I don't burn out." Flame said trying to make a bad reference to her name. "Come on, we need to sneak out and we need to do it now. We will have to beat my father to the city because if he catches us, I will be in deep trouble. Lets go." Flame said in a hushed voice, well aware of the heightened hearing that many races that dwell in Kaynta had. Flame's heart was racing and to say she was nervous was an understatement. She wanted to go save them because something deep in her broke when she had to leave Drake behind, some wall of emotions that was within her. Now she had to get him back and she couldn't sit back and wait for someone else to do it for her. It had to be her, she had to get him back because she, no matter how much she had been trying not to admit it, loved him. It would be through her strength that got him back. Flame paced her room, grabbing various knives and daggers to strap to herself before heading towards the back of the house. "Get ready. When you are ready we sneak out the back. No one is to know that we are leaving. These people are fiercely loyal to my father, if someone sees us, there is no doubt he will hear about it." Flame told Kala.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono had briefly managed to grab Adelina's attention before some others had arrived who also wanted her attention. One of them was some short guy he didn't know at all. As for the other three while he didn't know them by name, he did know that they were a apart of the scouting legion like he was. "Alright." Chrono simply said as he waited.

Gale had figured as much, but it didn't hurt to do so anyway. He released his hand from Tessa soon as introductions were taken care of and they headed towards the kitchen. Once there, she had noticed them as well as made sure that they noticed that someone else was waiting on her. "Can you prepare some rations for tonight? We'll help out if needed."

17. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    The moment the king told him to rethink his reasons and keep away from his daughter, a small sign that read 'challenge accepted' lit up in his mind. Then the old geezer had to go and call him out on his misuse of hand grenades. Like what the hell, did he not see the entrance? It was so worth it, even if he had to do dishes. That being said, who was he to force him to do dishes? "You can't make me do the dishes, you might be the king but I'm the brawn around here!"

[​IMG]
    Akari, who had been standing there with a look of confusion on her face the entire time, shook her head. "No, that's Drake" she said quietly.
    "Well what are you going to do without the brains of the place here?"
    "That one's me"
    "You'll be lost without raising morale because I am the looks here"
    "Flame" the inventor called out before walking over to go and check the weaponry and gear just as the king had ordered her to do.
    "WELL I CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT" Hunter said, just loudly enough that the king would surely hear.

[​IMG]
    Drake bit his tongue as the guard once again referred to Fae as 'things'. He wanted to knock the guy's teeth out pretty badly, but if he did that he would surely only cause more problems. "There's some resemblance. When you see that I'm telling the truth, I will look forward to seeing you soil yourself as you slowly realize that you've been beating up humanity's best hope" the scout leader said, managing a smirk behind the words.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The king scowled at Hunter. There was no question after this mission the man would be on dish duty. No matter what Hunter said he would be able to make him. Instead of more arguing and scolding the king turned to Hunter. "We leave in two hours, until then I better not see you or hear of you causing any more problems." He then turned to Henry who seemed to be looking for something to do. Finally he heard and spotted someone in the trees. "On second thought Hunter." The king called out to Hunter. "Go find Griffin and tell him he doesn't need to look for Karen any more." He instructed.

It wasn't that Karen was being loud or wasn't well hidden but Fae were known for heightened senses. He could hear, see and smell better than most creatures, so being able to tell someone was watching from in a tree wasn't hard, and as soon as he was finished with the others he turned to get a better look at her.
    "Karen please come here, I have something I want to discuss with you." The king requested of the girl in the tree. His voice was calm and inviting, unlike the tone he had used with Hunter. Hopefully she would agree to help, then the plan would feel slightly less dangerous.

[​IMG]
    "Evening rations? I think I can find something. But I have a conversation to finish. Why don't you two go into the kitchen. There should be apples you can take, I will get some nuts that you can clean and take, besides that check around and see if I have any dried meats, jerkies or anything. If not I will make something else after I speak with Chrono. Call me if you need anything." Adelina instructed the two who were looking for the food. She did wonder what for but she didn't have time to ask. Adelina then whistled and a couple of birds and a couple of squirrels appeared at one of the windows. "Do you think you can do me a favour and collect some nice edible nuts and bring them back here?" She asked the small creatures. They responded to her before scurrying off. Finally Adelina was able to turn her attention towards the one that want to talk to her about something. "Come have a seat." The fairy requested as she herself took a seat at one of the tables. "What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" She asked.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

Having recieved their instructions from Adelina, Gale (and presumably Tessa and Zack) made their way into the kitchen. There the first thing that Gale did was to start looking around for any of the items that had been mentioned prior to them heading into the kitchen.

[​IMG]
    Since Adelina had managed to take care of her other business fairy quickly, Chrono wasn't left waiting for all that long. Just long enough to start idelly tapping on the counter as he waited patiently. This went on until he heard the fairy call him over to the table she was now seated at. Having no issues about moving locations, Chrono got up from his seat and walked to the table and took a seat opposite from Adelina. In response to her question, Chrono first reached into his pocket and took out the picture of his parents and placed it down on the table in front of her. "Do you remember seeing two at any point?"

20. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

Adelina said that she knew Karen and said that she thought she went to look for the king. She did not where she had gone. Welp he did not know what to do. He had to find Karen and did not know where to start looking. It was clear that the women was not here. That was when he walked down the stairs and stood by the tree. He was going to have to think on where to go next.

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

She sat in the tree when the king said to hunter that they were leaving in two hours. Where were they going? It was rather interesting. That was when the king had told him to find someone by the name of Griffin. That was when the king had asked for her to come down. Oh no was he mad that she was gone so long? There was no time limit so she did not know. That said she was to be back days ago. Come to think of where was everyone? That was when she used her 3d maneuver gear to get down from the tree and landed perfectly. "Yes what it you need?? Come to think of it where is everyone at?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.