Attack on Titan: Reluctant Hero's

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Only 95%? Must be losing my touch" Hunter responded, the comment about his personality barely even fazing the guy. He glanced at Adelina and noticed she seemed a little upset, but that wasn't his problem. He did however make a mental note to leave her alone for the moment. After all, she'd given him food like he had ever so politely requested. Just as he was about to leave, Olivia piped up with her potion idea. She had a point really, the competition would be a way to show that he was better than Zack.

"That's a brilliant idea, Witch. I can prove I'm better and faster, and we get to test out your potion. Damn colour me impressed, a potion that changes your scent to that of a titan? They wouldn't be able to smell the human on us! I didn't even think something like that was possible, holy crap. Why has nobody ever thought of that before?" Hunter exclaimed, before grabbing the potion and holding it into the sky like a prize, gleeful expression on his face. It then changed to an unimpressed look as he hurled the bottle to the ground, shattering it and causing its contents to go on the ground.

"Right, they have! They just realized it is entirely useless! Because titans don't use their sense of smell to go and kill you, they just kill you because you're smaller than they are and edible! Masking the scent does nothing" Hunter said, before stepping over to Olivia and giving her a firm pat on the back. "Yeah, fantastic idea. Almost got Zacky boy here killed. Maybe I should've let you go through with it" he said before turning around and wandering towards the door. "If Zack still thinks he's the hottest shit around then he can come find me and figure some other way out. Cheers for the apple, Adelina. Olivia, maybe you should try and create a potion that brings back the dead for fairy girl there" he stated as he left. He meant it as a serious suggestion but god damn did he sound rude. He almost felt bad about it. Almost.

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Tessa held her breath during the entire time Hunter spoke. Only after he left did she press the side of her cheek to the cold surface of the table, her eyes on Zack. As he turned towards her, she mouthed, "If you go after him, I will end your existence."
    Zack paled and turned his face the other way, covering himself with his arms. Tessa straightened back up in time to give Olivia a small smile. "I thought it was a good idea Olivia. Do you have more, at least? I mean, I'd be kind of scared to try it out myself, but if I could help you, I would." She offered in a quiet voice. Hunter might not have agreed that it was good, but he didn't have to go and break it. And make more of a mess for them to clean up. Along that line of thinking, she pulled herself over the table, her legs dangling in the air for a moment as she grabbed for a rag before sliding back, her feet touching down with a small tapping sound. "I got this." She told Adelina before kneeling on the ground and scrubbing at the potion with the rag. "There's no sense in making you do all the work around here."

[​IMG]

Zack felt angry for Olivia, and sorry for Adelina. It was nearly enough for him to answer Hunter's challenge, but one look at Tessa's face and he felt fear. She would never let him do something as monumentally stupid as fighting for sport, not when they had other more important duties to worry about. And Zack didn't have the social standing that Hunter did, regardless of his attitude. If it came down to either Hunter or Zack, barring murder, then Hunter would get away with it every time. And Tessa didn't have the means to bail him out. So he let the other man go, despite a deep desire to find him and ask him why the hell he had to be such an asshole. Especially to Adelina. Zack felt his heart tug a little bit as he watched the fairy work. Hers was a sad one, and she already did so much for them here.
    "Um....Adelina, do you need help with anything?" He asked, before receiving a glare from Tessa. "Oh, right. Sorry about your potion Olivia. And hi." He added with a tiny, embarrassed wave since his creator was too lazy to see if he had said hi to her before.

[​IMG]

Veera was still experiencing copious amounts of angst because of her role in Bill's death, and unable to see what the princess or Drake or Gale might be up to.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Before Gale could proceed to attack another titan, he had come across a slight hindering factor. When he recently slayed the titan that had killed Frank, he had unintentionally used up the remaining gas in his Maneuver gear. Shit. Of all times for something like to happen, it just had to be now. The thunderous footsteps of the titan approaching him signal just how perilous the situation that he was now is really was. Things may have looked bleak for Gale, but he wasn't going to go down without doing anything. That was when he had noticed the leopard running behind the titan and claw at its leg. That had gained the titans attention and eventually lead to its downfall as it was soon taken down.

With him being out of gas, there was nothing more that Gale could do other than just watch as Drake, Veera and the princess took care of the remaining titans. There was a sinking feeling in his chest as he watched the last of the titans fall. Of course he was glad that the titans were dealt with, but it didn't change the fact that most of their group had been killed in the process.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Hm." The king though about what the girl was explaining. "That sounds like a very useful idea. I would love to see the outcome of it when it is done. Be sure to let me know when you are finished." The king told her while imagining the amount of people a device like that might save. It would be an amazing inversion, but for now he would focus on the new invention that he had before him already. They still needed to test it and perhaps do more work on it. He knew Akari was good, but she was not magic. She could not just magic the new inventions up instantly, though sometimes he wished she could.

The king sppm was staring off into space, a look of worry across his face. He was thinking about all the good that Akari's inventions could do, only to remember his daughter was out hunting today, something that was dangerous to say the least. He had already lost his Mate, his beloved, and the mother to Amber. He wouldn't let Amber die too. However he couldn't watch over her the entire time. She had to become strong and independent on her own. If she died then she wasn't strong enough, as hard as that was to think. If she couldn't survive on her own, she couldn't run a kingdom.

[​IMG]
    They were all dead, all the titans were gone. Drake had arrived and killed some and Veera finished the last off, but this wasn't before another person died, that made four. Flame looked around with a blank expression trying not to pay too much mind to the corpses around her. She couldn't dwell on it, neither could anyone else. Flame walked up in her fae form to the group. "We have to keep going." She told the group, giving Drake a apologetic look. A flash of light later she was a leopard, prowling around waiting for the group to be ready to go. There was no way that she was turning back now. She wasn't going to leave them, not after that many had died. Their team was short and now she needed to fill in. She wouldn't let them go alone. She didn't want them to die. She didn't want Drake to die. Damn it, what was this feeling? Flame ignored it for the moment because she couldn't afford to dwell on it. Too much was on the line now.

Flame prowled forward, glancing at Drake a couple times, he was the leader after all, but she wouldn't listen to him if he told her to go home. There was no way she would leave. Not now. Not after everything that had just happened. She couldn't deal with leaving them, she would not stop worrying, not about Drake or any of them. Flame turned back to the team once more turning into a fae so she could speak with them.
    "I will ensure my father is informed of all your bravery and you are all rewarded for it." The princess told the group, not shifting back until they were all ready to go.

[​IMG]
    With Hunters comment about bringing back the dead, tears started flowing harder from Adelina's eyes. Adelina didn't make a sound but she couldn't hold back the tears any longer. It was all just too much. She kept to herself while the others continued to talk and bicker. She just had to get the food done, that was all. Adelina didn't look up till she heard her name being said by the nicer male that was there. "Oh um... I guess you could start running these things out to the buffet table while I finish everything else. I would rather not leave the kitchen right now." Adelina tried to keep her voice even and calm, not cracking and sound like she was crying, but that was a harder task than she thought. Her face was red and tears still dripped down but she seemed to have composed herself better. Adelina started to push bowls and plates to the side for Zack to take out. "Thanks...." She said quietly. "... for taking the time to help." She finished.

5. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]
    There were jerks in this world and then their were *******s who desrved to be eaten by the Titans. Hunter was the latter in this situation. She didn't care that he refused her. She didn't even care that he through the potion down onto the ground as an insult. Really, as one of the researchers of Titan's, all the mage wanted to do was to help their world from the threat that haunted them all. But of all the things he did, calling out about Adelina's brother was a blow that was far to cruel. "You freak of nature! Don't show yourself here anymore, ass!" Her voice boomed out as soon as Hunter left the room.

She was fuming but quickly went into a reverse as she went up to Adelina and put her hand on the fairy's shoulder.
    "I'm sorry what happened. It's my fault for Hunter saying such cruel things." It wasn't hard to tell when another girl was in a moment of suffering. The way they moved and spoke, it could just be read from how they behaved, and Adelina was suffering. But asking for a way to bring the dead back to life? That was beyond her abilities. No matter what potion she made, nothing could put a soul back into its body once it has left. "I'll help however I can, too."

Her face angled down to Tessa next.
    "Sorry for the mess. If my magic with levitation was better, I'd just pick it up and throw the blob away." Her focus then moved to Zack. "At least you have manners and know when to stop. As for the potion, I have more at my lab. I only wanted Stefano to test it really because if something went wrong, I wouldn't feel bad. The guy is just the worst."

6. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Akari blinked a couple of times when the king mentioned he'd like to see it when he was done, simply not saying anything. One might mistake it for embarassment, or shock, but no...
    "Well yeah, you're the king and the leader of the warriors. I don't know why I'd show it to anyone else first"

It was sass. And lots of it.
    "Your majesty, if you don't mind me asking, who came up with the idea of creating a city in the trees? Are they still around?"

[​IMG]
    Drake was still reflecting on what had just happened. It boggled his mind, really. Titans hadn't been orchestrated like that before to his knowledge, certainly not intelligent enough to set up an ambush. Had it been a coincidence, or was there something more behind it? Titans behaving differently...did it have something to do with the rumours of the walled city needing assistance? The only danger Drake could think of would be titans attacking, so had the walled city done something to cause a change in the titans' actions?

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Flame shifting back and forth, before she spoke of rewards and such. He didn't see what he had to be rewarded for, so he assumed she was talking to the others. Drake got up from the position he'd been crouching in, recovered, and walked to the front of the group. If there was going to be a time the scouts needed a leader, it was then. As he turned to face them, he noticed only now how much smaller the group looked. There had been seven of the scouts before, and now...gods, there were only three of them and Amber.

"I've never heard of titans being that organized. I'm not entirely sure why they were, but I've got a hunch the walled city might have something to do with it...which means there's a solid chance we'll run into something like that again. I can't promise we'll all come back from the city alive if we continue, and so I'm not going to ask you to come. Veera, Gale, if the two of you go back now, I won't hold it against you. You'll be rewarded, and hopefully you'll forget this ever happened. Amber, I know there's no point in telling you to go back; I've known you for too long to think that'd work, much as I wish it would. However, we do things my way. No shifting and racing ahead" Drake explained. He looked at the titan corpses, as well as those of his fallen friends. How had they managed it? He took a deep breath. "No matter your decision, I'm continuing on. The mission is an important one and might yield answers, so I intend on seeing it through. Besides, I've got a reputation to uphold, right?" he asked, jokingly, although his voice was very dry and dull as he asked.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

Drakes words had snapped Gale out of the small trance he'd put himself in. What was he doing? There was no time for him to be dwelling lingering feeling nor his fallen comrades. That was a lesson Gale had already learned before. Gale then sheathed his blades before giving a response to Drake. "I'll go. I don't like leaving things unfinished." Gale was now fully standing up now, which gave him an unfortunately better view at the carnage around them. Both dead titans and dead comrades. It was not a pleasant sight.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Tessa scrubbed at the stain, humming to herself. "Don't worry about it Olivia." She said with a smile. "I don't mind." She kept her eye on Zack as she worked, unable to keep the smile from creeping back onto her face as she watched him converse with Adelina. People often figured the two of them to be in a relationship, but she alone knew that Zack had always carried a torch for the fairy. She had offered to help him get a date with her many times, and he had always refused. They lived such short violent lives because of the titans. If he had a chance to experience happiness before the end, she wanted him to take it. A lump came into her throat, and she looked back down at the stain, scrubbing past what as necessary as she composed herself. "Oh yeah...Zack, we have to meet the king for trials after lunch. So don't eat too much."

[​IMG]

Zack did as directed by Adelina, taking as many bowls and plates as he could in one go. He was the type that wanted to get it done in as little trips as possible. "Don't worry about it." he responded cheerfully, trying to smile despite feeling sadness at her tears. She was such a kind person, and she did so much. "You know, you could always talk to me, if you wanted." He finally got the courage to say as he returned for a second trip, trying to keep his voice cool and his face calm. In spite of that, the inner turmoil nearly showed in his face, and the smile on his face nearly slipped. Please don't reject me. Or at least be mean about it. He glanced over to see Tessa working on the stain, her face set. The expression startled him; why was she upset? Was it Stefano? Just as he was about to speak, she looked up, voice normal and cheerful. "Oh yeah....Zack, we have to meet the king for trials after lunch. So don't eat too much." Trials? He inwardly sighed as he took more plates and balanced them on his arms. "Alright. Thanks." What fresh hell was this?

[​IMG]

Veera inhaled the soft scent of her horse once more before turning. Her face was set, her voice low, and her eyes expressionless. "I'm with you." she intoned, forcing every other emotion down until only the numbing of denial remained. She would mourn Bill later. She hoped his spirit would forgive her. But she had a job to do, and she would be damned if she let Gale and Drake go with the princess, alone. She owed her allegiance to Drake and Flame, and despite their strange band she felt a sort of comradery with Gale. She didn't want another member of their group to die.
    She swung up onto her horse, her shoulders set as she checked her maneuvering gear and weapons to make sure they were safely stowed. If she accidentally stabbed herself with her swords she had no doubt they would leave her behind. As was right to do.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Just Flame, please. Out here I am not your princess I am just a normal girl who got off track from her hunting mission and is now joining you on your scout mission. Nothing more." Flame told him. "Now I am going to shift but I am not going to run away. You guys all have horses and frankly I hate riding those things, so I will be using my leopard form to keep up." She told him before a flash of light enveloped her and she turned into a leopard. Flame licked her paw while waiting for the rest of the group to be ready to go. She was rather restless waiting to move on. Flame was never good at staying in one place for very long.

[​IMG]
    King Rhysand chuckled at Akari's sass. "Well I guess that is a fair point. Kudos to you for pointing that out." Rhysand commented casually. He then went to address her other question about the finding of the city. "Ah it was my great great grandfather. The original king, when titans took over, he and many others were denied protection from the humans. They feared us and thought the moment we were safe we would throw them out as bate to the titans while we remained safe. The idea of the city started from simply looking for a safe place to sleep. No where on the ground was safe rest so he had to find high enough trees. This is were he stayed and eventually started taking pieces from destroyed cities to build a small shelter in the trees. Days went by and he found more and more creatures that were rejected by the humans needing refuge and took them back to his shelter. That of course caused it to have to expand, eventually becoming the city you see." He explained. The ruling of the city was then passed down through the generations, which he figured that Akari could figure out without being told.

[​IMG]
    "It wasn't because of you, Hunter is just a cruel person." Adelina told Olivia so she wouldn't blame herself. "It is okay, I am almost done and Zack is doing a great job running the food out already." Adelina tried to force a smile on her face as she dismissed Olivia to go get ready to eat soon. That was around when Zack came back. "I guess I could use going out to talk and more just get out. Yeah sounds good. How about tonight?" Adelina agreed with a little more of a genuine smile on her face. Adelina finished putting together the last plate. "Here take this one and then you can line up with everyone else to eat while I finish cleaning up a bit. I will be out in a bit when the line dies down." Adelina told Zack as she set the last plate down on the buffet table and rang a bell to let everyone know dinner was served.

10. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

The stood in the corner not moving. here was talks of 3DMG's. There was something about a new potion. He did not think it would work. 'This potion is meant to make it so Titans don't notice you at all.' Invisibility was a hard magic to do much less put it in a bottle. The potion was smashed probably for the best. 'I only wanted Stefano to test it really because if something went wrong, I wouldn't feel bad. The guy is just the worst.' What was wrong with tis woman? There was enough hurt in this world to do on people they did not need anymore. He soon found out the person he talked to before was the king. He was happy no one came up to him He could just watch in peace. Then the dinner bell went off. He was hungry, but he could not eat. He might scare the people off and he could not do that to the others here. He just stood there in quietly. Maybe they would soon go training. He wondered if he would ever find anyone that would accept him for who he was.

11. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Flame then, sure" Drake Famoye agreed. With everyone agreeing to move on, Drake got onto his horse. "Then we continue to the walled city" the scout leader stated simply. He spurred his horse into gear and began galloping as fast as his horse would take him. It wasn't long before they arrived at said city, where Drake hopped off quietly and hid behind a few bushes. Something was wrong, something was very wrong. He'd been to the walled city before, and he'd lived there as a child, and at both times he'd always known the wall to have titans along the base of it, scratching at the wall as though they were going to magically start climbing up the damn thing. And yet he saw nothing. What was going on? Was this another ambush? He held up a hand to indicate they should wait, before he quietly aimed and fired a hook straight to the top of the wall. "Alright, time to find out where the titans are" he said, re-activating his 3DMG and pulling himself to the top of the wall.

(Guys i'm not sure what he would actually see help me out here)

[​IMG]
    "Huh. Your great grandfather sounds like he was smart, making what would eventually become all this. My great grandfather was a farmer, so was my grandfather, and my father was..." Akari began to say, but the mere thought of her father was enough to bring a tear to her eye. Her eyes got slightly watery, and she cleared her throat before continuing. "My parents were both part of the scout regiment in the walled city up until my father injured his leg trying to break up a drunken brawl. My mom hid the fact she was a fae pretty well. She grew her hair real long, and tried to keep to herself when she wasn't at home. I can't remember ever seeing her shift at all, now that I think about it.." the girl said, her voice trailing off slightly as painful memories began to stir. Clearing her throat once more, she forced a slight smile. "My family's nothing special, but I'm determined to make something one day that is going to make such a difference the Hirano name will never be forgotten" Akari stated.

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Tessa stood up and stretched her back as the dinner bell rang. "Hey, Griffin." She glanced around the room before sighing. He was hiding here somewhere, she was sure. He had come in with her, and she hadn't seen him leave. "Griffin, wherever you are, come sit by me." She offered, looking around once more before sighing and heading towards the buffet table. She loaded up her plate with random deliciousness, careful to keep her food carefully separated and not touching on her plate before taking a seat. As she dug in, she left the two spots open next to her. Zack customarily sat on her right, but the left was open. As she dug in, she elbow Zack who sat next to her on her right, grinning at his flushed face. "Score." She whispered between bites.

[​IMG]

Zack flushed as Adelina quickly agreed to meet him that night. Tonight. Had he died? He pinched himself to make sure before smiling at the fairy girl and practically skipping to his seat next to Tessa. He filled his plate quickly, not much caring if the food lopped over and everything mixed as he sat down. Tessa elbowed him and he blushed as she grinned at him, ignoring her after as he dug into his food. He ate quickly and went back for seconds, thoughts still occupied with that night. What could they do? What did someone do for a date? Shit, he was freaking out a little. Maybe Tessa would know. He sighed and looked over at her, wondering whether this would be a safe topic to discuss in public.

[​IMG]

Veera didn't say a word until they reached the city. Her mind wasn't exactly occupied, but neither was she ready for conversation. All my fault. If Drake had been there, he wouldn't have let a single person die. Even the princess had been more capable then she. She, she had killed one of them herself. Practically pulled the trigger.
    When they arrived at the city, she followed Drake's lead, her face blank before attaching a hook into the wall and scaling up. When they reached the top, her eyes opened wide, and she gripped the handles of her swords tightly. Her mouth opened to say something, but no words came out.
    The city was destroyed. She didn't see any titans, but what else could have done that much damage? Homes were completely eviscerated, and rubble lined the streets. It looked as though cannon fire had destroyed several other buildings. Looking along the wall, she noticed that the cannons were pointed inwards, instead of out. Something was deadly wrong. And it was too quiet. If the city was under attack, why weren't people screaming. Why wasn't anyone watching the wall?
    "Drake." She spoke quietly to get his attention. "Your Highness." She hadn't looked to see if the princess had ascended with them, but she figured by now the woman would be standing next to them. "There are no sentries. The cannons are pointed in towards the city. There aren't any titans trying to get in." Her stomach tightened. "I don't like this."

13. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:
    griffin baner.png

Tessa came over. What did she want? He let out sigh. What was with this girl? It was one thing then a other. First was how she knew his name and now it was asking to sit with her. What was next a date? He could not do this. What if they found out? What if what if. the questions racing around in his mind. He walked out from the shadows. Then he walked over to Tessa. "What is it you want?" There was no harm siting next to her so why not he guessed. So he sat on her left side sitting as far as possible from her. One might notice he did not have any food.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    When they reached the walled city, Flame was forced to switch in order to use her 3DMG. It only took a moment and a flash of light for the leopard to become the stunning red head princess. The woman did a quick survey of the area around them before activating her gear to bring her up atop of the wall with the others. It seemed safe enough with no humans around. However part of her was still nervous. She could feel her delicately pointed fae ears stilling out from her hair. There was no hiding what she was if a human were to see. That being said she couldn't hear anything besides Drake, Veera, and Gale with her heightened sense of hearing. That was both a good and a bad thing.

Flame made it up to the top of the wall and looked over the town. Inside the wall was completely destroyed, bodies still littered the ground.
    "I will check the rest of the wall for the way the titans got in. If there is any titans or any other sign of trouble I will be sure to use my flare." Flame told them before taking off running, still in her fae form. That body still moved plenty fast for this mission. She moved around the wall until she spotted a break in the wall. It was completely crumbled somehow. Looking around from there she could see the entrance into the next wall, it was opening sending people out, unassumingly to gather stuff from the destroyed city. If humans were coming out then she had to leave. Flame took off running once more back towards Drake and the rest of the group.

[​IMG]
    "Your mother survived for quite some time in the walled city from my understanding. Just that makes her very special, not many of our species can do that. Reports say that it is possible that a titan wasn't the one to kill my wife but it is possible that she ran into a group of humans outside the wall. The people she was out with and separated from thinks they killed her or captured her and took her with them. There was no trace of a body but they were scattered because they had to keep out of sight from a group of humans. They would have had no reason to do it. My wife would never hurt a human unless they attacked her first. She liked the humans actually. She was a kind woman and a good queen." King Rhysand told the girl, a pang of pain also in his voice. "All that being said with your inventions you are working on I am sure your name will be remembered for generations to come. I am sure of it. You will be the one future inventors will look up to." Rhysand said with a smile as he gave Akari a small pat on the back. "Shall we go grab lunch now?" He asked as he got up ready to head towards the buffet table that had recently been set.

[​IMG]
    Once everyone was occupied with food Adelina walked away to the pantry with an armload off ingredients like she was just going to put stuff away. Once inside the small room she placed the food down, closed the door, and sank to the ground sobbing for a moment. Just everything that had gone on with everyone else when she was trying to get ready for lunch, and the loneliness of preparing lunch without Issac, it was all catching up to her. Then there was how happy Zack seemed when she agreed to go hang out with him that night. That was the last string and not because it was bad, just unexpected. Adelina never thought anyone would care for her enough to be excited to just hang out and talk with her. It was pleasant and unexpected. However that was the last straw, she couldn't hold back tears any longer. So while everyone was eating, in the closet she hid, crying.

As lunched neared its end she knew she had to pull herself together to eat something. She hadn't eaten all day, despair gripping her so hard in the morning she had lost her appetite. Adelina wiped the makeup that had ran from her face before taking a breath and putting on a strong face. She then walked out and filled a plate before sitting across from Zack.
    "Sorry I took so long. I hope you don't mind I joined you." Adelina said in a quiet but sweet voice, talking as if nothing was wrong.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "I hope so. All I want is to be able to make a difference, and help create a place where people no longer need to fear titans, but yeah I could use a bite to eat. Can't fuel genius on an empty stomach now can I?" Akari asked, standing up with a slight laugh as she did so. Maybe she was too casual with the king, but Akari had never been one for too much formality. When the situation demanded it she could knuckle down and be entirely serious, but in general she tried to keep a positive outlook on things. The girl had made some impressive inventions to be sure, but her greatest creation was surely the mask she wore that concealed the pain she contained within her heart so well even she forgot it was there sometimes.

[​IMG]
    Drake stood silently as he thought carefully about all the information before them. As Veera had pointed out, the cannons weren't actually pointed outside the walls but rather were aimed at inside. On top of that, bodies littered the ground before them as far as the eye could see. He watched as Flame took off along the wall, telling them she'd use her flare if she saw anything dangerous. It was confusing for Drake, overlooking everything made it seem like a ruthless titan attack had happened. There were walls destroyed partially, which supported that idea, but if the titans had attacked somewhat recently, would there not be some there at that point? Titans acted on instinct, he knew that much, and surely their instincts wouldn't send every single one away from the area unless they'd been fought back. If they'd been fought back though, the humans wouldn't have left their dead in the streets, nor would it be deserted. So a titan attack wasn't too likely, though it was a possibility. That only meant one explanation that he could think of, and that one was one that made Drake feel extremely uneasy.

"The cannons may not have been used on the titans. Overpopulation in such a confined space would be a thing...there is a chance that this might not be a titan attack, but a mass culling..." the scout leader said, his voice sorrowful as he spoke. He saw Flame heading back rather quickly, and given she hadn't used her flare he assumed things weren't dangerous, but he hadn't been sent to simply visit the city, he'd been sent there by the king to find answers. "We need answers, and we're not going to find them standing around here. We have to go deeper" he stated, before turning to look at Flame. He pointed in the direction he knew to be the gate to the next section of the wall, not sure how else to tell her his intent, before leaping off of the wall and using his 3D maneuver gear to sling himself forwards. He hadn't gotten very far when he saw some humans walking forwards. They seemed to be searching for something, but what? Knowing Amber's race, she was in danger if she got too close, so Drake had to make this quick. Swinging in, he landed just a few feet away from them, holding his swords ready but not so much in a threatening pose. "Me and my fellow scouts were sent to examine the area outside of the wall, and we return to nothing but rubble and death. What happened here?" he questioned, not wanting to tell them who he or anyone else there was.

16. Mysty Unknown

There was no point in continuing. Now, all Olivia could do just eat, gather some supplies and then head back home to do some more researching. Everyone else seemed in their own world now. Her appetite was much more different than the others and made some strange combinations from the buffet that was available to them. This was something that was never questioned, but it was probably because they all thought the witch to be a little weird as it was. But, sometimes there was always the feeling of loneliness. After all these years in this village, alive and working for the better of them all, she still had no one she could call friend. It was probably her fault for shutting people out, but it was just in her nature.

))mobile so no color or banner))

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale too had been silent for the remainder of the trip to the walled city. Too much was on his mind right now and he was just trying to settle his thoughts for the most part. What Gale had hope that arriving at the walled city would someone aid in clearly away some of these thoughts. In a way seeing the city had accomplished that goal, but it had also brought a swarm of new thoughts into his head.

A destroyed city was one thing, but the lack of titans and guns pointed towards the city gave this entire situation an much more ominous feel to it. There had to be some reason behind all this. Drake was right, standing here looking at the destroyed landscape wouldn't accomplish anything. When Drake had headed off, Gale soon followed behind him and landed just as their leader had started to speak to the people that he'd found.

18. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

OOC: B) (also Myst what's with the self pity?)

[​IMG]

Tessa grinned at Zack before turning back to her food. A few bites later, Griffin had sat down on her left. She smiled at him, the smile dying a little as she noticed he had no food.
    "Um, you want something? I could grab you a plate or you could have some of mine. It's pretty good." She shoved her plate towards him a little encouragingly, before turning to look for Olivia. She saw the girl's back retreating, and waved towards her, standing halfway out of her seat. In her mind, if Olivia didn't acknowledge her, she was going to get up and tackle the other girl.
    "Hey! Olivia! There's still room over here!"

Image is not working so yeah.

Zack had begun to worry about Adelina when she finally sat down next to him with an apology. "Don't worry about it." He said quickly, glancing at her from the corners of his eyes as he took another bite of food. Had she been crying? "Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly, setting down his silverware. "I mean....if you don't want to hang out..." Had it been his fault she was crying? Was she upset because she didn't want to and didn't know how to reject him? Tessa never cried when she was happy, only when she got really made or grief stricken.

[​IMG]

Veera glanced at Gale before following him down. She clenched her hands when Drake began to speak to the city dwellers, swallowing past the bile in her throat. To steal from these criminals was one thing, but to talk to them...She noticed one of them looking at her with narrowed eyes, and immediately stepped behind Gale, using him as a shield. It had been long ago that she had been sent from the city to die, but her scars were...unique. She had been friends with other children in the neighborhoods before her untimely departure, and there was the slightest chance that someone might, might remember her. She let her short hair fall in front of her face, trying to obscure herself further without being obvious.

"Veera?" And her blood ran cold with fear.

19. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Griffin's pov:

griffin baner.png

'Um, you want something? I could grab you a plate or you could have some of mine. It's pretty good.' "No I don't want anything I ate just before you found me." He lied. "I am sure it is good, but I don't want to waste food if I already ate." He was hungry beyond anything, but he could not tell her that. He could not eat around all these people or they may run in fear. He then pushed the plate back to Tessa. Did she not wonder why he hid his appearance? Why he was sitting on the edge of his seat? Why he was ready to move at any moment? Why he could never be himself? He tuned to Tessa. "Way are you so friendly to everyone Tessa?" The smell of food was so good at this point, he wanted to just jump in. "When is the training going to start? I would like to watch it." It was some what unusual for him to talk to much, but if it was going to be awhile he should find out about these people. He knew that he could get something to eat without being spotted, but knowing Tessa she would somehow notice right away. He looked around the café. There were open window and he was sure animals came in all the time one more would be unnoticed. He was sure animals came up into the trees to get away from the titans. Did they eat anything or just human. It was possible that the titans just liked the taste of human. He let out a sigh. He put his hand one his hat and it seemed to move like it was alive. He move his hand away. Good the hat was the key to his appearance. It was in the perfect spot to hide his appearance. He then looked at his magic staff that was by his side. He figured that most people thought of him as a wizard, but really he had no clue. He was one in some since. He could turn to an animal at will. That was why the Training interested him he could watch and see how good other were. As far as anyone knew he was a nobody. He was just a man helping out using his current appearance. That was the way he liked it.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    While everyone else swung down to go greet the humans, Flame took a different route. If she swung in like the rest there wasn't even a slight chance of her hair staying in place well enough to possibly avoid them notice her heritage. It was a dangerous thing if they did see. Her father tried to make her not fear or hate humans, but still those inside the walls she did not like. Flame stuck her hooks right into the wall and repelled down, staying far away from the humans. Reaching the ground she used broken buildings as cover as she snuck around enough to get within earshot of the humans and the others that could be there talking, unlike her. She would just avoid it and keep to the shadows and quiet until either they left or the Humans did. It was all she could do.

As Flame listened she heard a Human call Veera's name. This wasn't good. No one should recognize them. Flame adjusted her hair, hoping it would be enough to cover what she was before approaching the group
    . "Analise. I found something you should come look at." Flame said in a slightly concerned voice as she placed a hand on Veera's shoulder. "By the way how are those scars healing? That attack last year was pretty brutal but I hoped that they would have healed by now." Flame attempted to make a false identity for Veera as well as get her away from the Humans. Hopefully it worked.

"Y-you didn't hear? A giant Titan, bigger than any we have seen destroyed part of the wall, letting other titans in. We don't know what happened to the colossal titan but they destroyed this entire wall city. The survivors had to move farther inside the walls but there isn't enough supplies. We were sent out to scavenge more supplies. It is horrible. You better get back in the wall and report soon." An elderly man explained in a shaky voice. He looked around at the carnage in fear and sadness. "Please tell me you found some good new out there." He asked.

[​IMG]
    The king nodded at Akari before turning and walking towards the delicious smelling food. He wore a smile as many people nodded or bowed to him as he passed. He had to keep a good face on but truth be told he hated all the attention sometimes. This city was his baby, he would run it and take care of it. But he enjoyed the breaks from formality like Akari just gave him. She wasn't talking to him like he was her king but like he was just another man. Getting his food the king sat back down at the table wondering if Akari was going to join him once again. As soon as he was done eating he would head to the training area and wait for the rest of the group.

[​IMG]
    "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Adelina told Zack, keeping her eyes averted so he didn't see anymore sadness than he already caught a glimpse of. "And I want to hang out tonight. I really do. We will right? I need something to help me get my mind off Issac. I am sorry I made you worry. I am just really overwhelmed." Adelina explained to Zack though her voice still remained sweet and smooth. She had a talent for keeping her voice under control.

As she sat and ate her food, a small bird flew into the dining hall through an open window and sat on the table next to her.
    "Hi little guy." Adelina said with a small laugh in her voice. She proceeded to break off small pieces of her bun and place it on the table for the bird. "Yeah I know you were hungry. Your welcome. Eat up and I will come visit you and your friends soon, okay? Yes I am fine. Now leave before I get in trouble for letting animals in here." Adelina had an entire conversation with the small bird, it tweeting back it's answers and with Adelina's power she could understand it like it understood her. Sometime it felt like the small forest animals were her only friend. Though she hadn't been able to get out and visit them too much lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.