Attack on Titan: Reluctant Hero's

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "You underestimated me again sweetie, I thought you learned by now not to do that." Amber told Drake as she gave him a quick kiss before heading back to the city. While Drake had to prepare for a lecture from Akari, Amber had to be ready for a lecture from Kala and Galadorn for running off for half the day by herself without anyone knowing where she was. They could get a little protective at times, but after what happened with her father it was almost understandable. Thinking back to her father it almost brought a tear to her eye, though her thoughts were interrupted before it did.

"Oh hello Karen. It is good to see you. Are you ready to come back with us to Kaynta and help out there. It is odd not always having you around." Amber offered trying to be nice. Though when Karen mentioned them getting back to work, she took that option. As much as it would be nice to stay and chat, she had been away from the city for far too long this morning. "I really should get back. Sorry for not being able to stay and chat for longer." She told the girl before returning to the city for the rest of the afternoon.

~cue time skip to the next day~

Though yesterday had been a pleasant break it was time for Amber to get back to work. As mid morning rolled around she found herself in her office going through papers of complaints, suggestions, needs and wants of the people she ruled. Soon she would take a walk around town herself to see what needed done, but the boring paperwork had to come first.

[​IMG]
    Adelina was awake and functioning, but not quite ready for the day. The kids had her up 6 times during the night so she didn't sleep all that great. However this wouldn't stop her from her daily routine. She had the kids of the floor playing while she made breakfast and coffee for herself and Zack. After breakfast she planned to take the children out for a walk, it generally put them to sleep, then perhaps she would nap herself. Part of her wondered if anything new or interesting would happen to spice up the day, but most of her feared it. If something new happened, with this city it likely meant trouble, and trouble was something that couldn't happen, not when she had to babies here.

Seeing as the babies were happy playing on the floor, Adelina decided to step away from them for a second. She took a cup of coffee and sat down on the edge of her and
    Zack's bed, kissing him on the cheek. "Time to get up sweetie. The sun is already up, and as much as we would like to, we can't just hide away all day." Adelina said softly to try to coax Zack out of bed.

~Meanwhile back with our amazing magic users~
    [​IMG]
    "I trust you are all ready to go then. I really hope you men do not mind teleporting. After all we need to get there in good time and I don't feel like sitting on a horse for hours on end and having to deal with those pesky titans." Koldo examined each person before him. They were all in good shape, which was a good thing except in Lexanders case. They needed him to look a little more beat up, he after all was the key to get them into the city. "Once Damian does the honour of making out dear intern look a little more like we really need help from those poor half breeds we will teleport about a kilometre out from the city. From there we will walk in and ask for help. Given that our intern WILL be a convincing actor they will have to be completely heartless not to let us in. From there we will start our plan. Evaluate who is the strongest. We will pick them off first. We will keep it quick and quiet, and then we will have a full on assault of the town." Koldo recapped as his friend he brought over to help get them there opened the portal for them to enter.

"I suggest you hurry up and get those bruises on our intern and follow. Don't have too much fun with it, we are in a rush." Koldo told Damian before signalling to Wilkin to follow him through the portal ahead of the other two. He was going to enjoy this, very much so. ​

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

The scouting session with Tessa had gone on longer than he thought it would, thus they wasn't able to go through with the 'date' that Adelina had set up for them. So it was to due that that Gale had asked if Tessa wanted to have breakfast with him, to which she agreed. Thus his current situation with heading to the dining hall to eat. He had gotten up at an fairly average time so that he wouldn't be late. Once dressed and ready, he left him home and headed there.

[​IMG]
    "So I can't break any bones then." That was the first and only thing that he took from what Koldo told him. Damion was going to have fun with this though, that was for certain. Thus he turned to the lucky intern. "So I'm going to give you two options, 1 you tell me how you want to be injured and I'll grant your request. Or 2" There was a brief pause in which Damian clapped his open palm against his fist. "We just cut to the chase and I injure you in ways I see fit without going overboard. So which one do you prefer, either way it's going to hurt."

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera ran her fingers through her loose hair, sighing before opening the door to Flame's chambers. "Your Majesty, I have the report from the evening. Very little activity." She frowned. "If I didn't want to tempt the gods, I would say it's too quiet."

[​IMG]
    Kala stared out into the trees, her knees curled up to her chest and her mouth resting against the tops as her arms wrapped around her legs. She had been woken in the middle of the night by more terrible dreams, and rather then wake her sleeping roommate, she had crept outside, and remained. Her body was stiff with cold, and her neck hurt from the awkward angle, but she felt calmer, looking up at the stars. Everything was more peaceful up there, more....whole.

She felt so fractured, disjointed, wrong. The mood stayed with her as she readied for her day with
    Galadorn before slipping off to her shift to guard Flame. Now, standing next to the princess, staring straight ahead, she slowly let the depression eat away at her. What was the point in fighting it anyway?

[​IMG]
    Zack snagged an arm around Adelina's waist and pulled her in, grumbling. "Woman, it's the first time I've been able to sleep during the same time as the sun. Why are the babies on the floor?" He had opened his eyes briefly, noticing his children apparently amusing themselves as his girlfriend tried to wake him. They looked so small, and helpless....he shut his eyes, not liking the way the image made him feel.

"I'm up, I'm up." He muttered, sitting up and rubbing his hair with a hand, messing it up even worse. "What's the plan for the day?"

[​IMG]
    Tessa had brushed her hair, and freshly braided it. Her clothes were wrinkled, but clean, and while the shadows underneath her eyes remained, they weren't as dark as the previous day. She hadn't ordered her food yet, picking out a table in the corner so she could see who walked through the door, and they could see her. It was only out of politeness to Gale to make it easier to find her. Not that her hair would have made her stand out from the crowd or anything.

Sipping the coffee she gotten, relishing the bitter liquid as caffeine helped her wake up, she waited. She wasn't sure why
    Gale had asked to share his morning meal with her, but it was kind, and she didn't mind the company.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    If Drake Famoye had to describe his activities for the day with one word it would likely have been "boring". The equipment Akari fashioned was more than useful, and he was always thankful for having it, but one thing he had never been a fan of was listening to how all of it worked. "Press this button and a hook flies out" was all the explanation he needed, certainly not hours of notes and lectures of why things worked the way they did, or exactly how her inventions she had planned for the future would work. He couldn't let Akari know how much he disliked it though, not when her face had lit up when he'd asked her to explain things to him a little more. At least she'd been nice enough to give him some coffee to try to keep himself awake, not that it was working.

"And if you look right here, this is where this little thing goes into this socket, allowing the pressure to be relieved a little and...are you even listening?" Akari asked. When she had agreed to teach Drake some of the basics, she hadn't expected him to be such a lousy student. The guy was brilliant with battle, and could tell you the ideal specifications of most weapons as well as the most effective way to use them, but machinery...that was a different matter. She raised an eyebrow as he responded to her question with a lazy nod. It was clear he wasn't focused, but how was she to get him to pay attention? In an instant the idea was there. Casually, she pulled the cord out of the gauntlet she was holding and placed it on a shelf next to her. "You know, I've been thinkin' of a new invention. Haven't quite figured out the details behind it, but the concept's there"

"Uh huh, awesome. Can't wait to see it" came the response from her student. If she hadn't noticed his other signs, she might have not picked up on his lack of interest. She waited until he picked up his coffee to take another sip, and that was when the mad inventor struck. "I made some modifications to one of the cloaks I made a while back. It'll allow for easier movement while someone is holding an object underneath it. Nothing too big though, has to be the right size. Could be a melon, maybe a small crate, or even...I don't know, Queen Amber's child for instance" she said with a smirk.

The coffee was spit out immediately as the words left Akari's mouth. Drake was most certainly paying attention at that point, and his face was both a mixture of horror and shock. "Isn't that a bit of a ways away?" he asked, cleaning himself up a little bit.

"Oh relax would you? I was only kidding. Your face is all pale now though, is being a father really that frightening to you?" Akari asked.

Sitting back down in his seat, Drake said nothing for a moment. He hadn't really thought about the idea of one day being a father. If there was anyone he would be willing to have children with it would be Amber without a doubt, but with the way things in the world were, was it really safe to have one? He of all people knew how painful it was to feel like you lived in the shadow of a parent, or even more to suddenly lose that parent right in front of you. Things weren't nearly as dangerous as they had been back when he'd been a leader of the scouts, but he wouldn't exactly call things safe. "Being a father would be...I can't think of many things that would make me happier. I don't know that I'm ready for it now though, there are so many things that could go wrong.." he started, shortly before he got smacked across the back of the head with a book from Akari.

"There are also a lot of things that could go right. Understanding things better would be a great way to make sure that happens, and if you paid more attention instead of pretending then you'd be a heck of a lot closer"

Drake nodded slowly. He hadn't really thought of it in that way, but then again thinking was more Akari's thing than anyone. "Right. Okay, I'm listening. Tell me everything" he said, regretting the words almost the instant they left his mouth.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

Gale walked into the dinning hall and he started to look around to see if he could find someplace to sit or, in the event that Tessa had arrived before him, to see where it was that she was sitting. His eyes scanned the area twice before he finally noticed that Tessa was sitting in a corner. So she had arrived here before him. It wasn't like he was especially trying to her there before she did, but still.

All that aside, he walked over to where she was sitting and took himself a seat.
    "Sorry I'm late." That was, assuming he was late anyway.

6. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

'Are you ready to come back with us to Kaynta and help out there. It is odd not always having you around,' Amber had asked. "I do not know. It was my fault that so many died at the battle of broken wall. It is my path that I keep on training so that it does not happen again. It is because of me so many died I could have saved them all, but I did not." Flame then said she was going to go. "I am going to check on Akari and see how she is doing." With that she let Flame go. She walked home and cleaned up and made her way to Akari's house. With nothing really happening she reached the door of Akari's house and nocked on the door. She wondered what the girl had been doing all this time. Well she might be finding out soon. Nothing had changed much in two years, but really she did not think it would. So many gone and now it was two years later.

??? Pov:

Griffin cat forum banner.png

He was not sure why he came to Akari's workshop. After some time he just looked in the window. Hours went by and he did not move all that much. At some point he left the area and went to go get some food. It was becoming increasing harder to find anything. The life of a cat was not a easy one. After finding some food he decided to head back to Akari's workshop and just sit there. At some point Drake showed up. he was looking in the window. The speech of whatever was going on was faint. 'I've been thinkin' of a new invention' Then he closed his eyes and feel asleep next to the window. After some time the sound of knocking came to a door. Why, now? He was having a good sleep too. oh, well.

7. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    So his ideas had finally been recognised for their genius. Wilkin did his own thing and the next morning returned to Koldo to learn that they were going to use a portal to get there. "Can't argue with that. Though a little bit of physical exercise might be good for you, Koldo." Wilkin said with a grin on his face. "I'm sure the intern will be convincing, otherwise we shall remind him what happens when it comes to failure." The young man said, as he then followed Koldo through the portal without another word keeping his pack with him, he had made sure he looked the weary traveller on the run from Titans the best he could, he didn't exactly enjoy looking like a vagrant, but what had to be done had to be done.

8. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lexander stood still on shock as his masters considered the ways they would beat him up, and mumbled something about not being a punching bag. He cleared his throat
    "Uuuuuhhhh" Lexander hesitated "I like my face... but a black eye would be pretty convincing, so we'll start with that? And I guess you can hurt my arms?" he sighed "This had better be worth it..."

Galadorn just stood there in the Queen's office being a bodyguard, though he wasn't sure who he was protecting truly, Kala or Flame? Both women could hold their own, but he felt some dark presence approaching that even they couldn't fight. He had heard no birdsong on his way to work. The animals no longer scurried alongside him on his morning jaunt through the forest. Nature itself was telling him something, but what?

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "Gotcha, one black eye and some arm bruises." Breaking his arm would be the much easier option, but that would be considered too much fun, which he was instructed not to have. A shame, though probably for the best. "Don't worry, it'll be over soon." Having said that, Damian swung his fist towards Lexander's eye.

~One ass kicking later~

Now making their way through the portal were Damian and the now injured Lexander. As requested he was given a very noticeable black eye and some bruises on his arm. He made sure not to break it, but it would definitely hurt to move for awhile.
    "This convincing enough for ya, or should I add a few more touches?" Damian asked to no one in particular. The first person to answer it would probably be the one he'd listen to, which could mean anything for Lexander if he wasn't the first to answer.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "We will not tempt fate. Quiet is good. After the events of two years ago we are still building our society to the strength my father ran it at. We will take this as the blessing it is." Amber told Veera. As Veera said, they didn't want to tempt the gods. "Still no new recruits yet? We don't have much for a new generation do we. We will need to figure something out before our forces thin." Amber rubbed her face in her hands. The closest thing they currently had for a new generation were Zack and Adelina's newborns and even if they did become scouts that was only two, not that she wished the life on the precious little fairy kids. Given that Fairies were generally built weaker with a more gentle soul, it wasn't the kind of work that they would be cut out for, unless of course they were to take after their father. Then there was the amount of teens in the town getting ready to start their service to the city. The numbers were low there too, but it would be helpful. "I honestly don't know how he did it. I don't know how my father seemed to always having this place running smoothly. I swear it isn't possible." Amber said being brutally honest with Veera.

"
    You are dismissed." Amber told Veera with a sigh. She then turned to Kala. "Would you like to take a seat? I just need to talk, as a friend not a queen. I just want things to be like the old days you know." Amber said to Kala. She almost hated Kala being her guard, because she felt like she should be formal and professional around the girl, but all she wanted was her old friend back, like back when her father was alive and she was still the reckless princess. She didn't want all this.
    [​IMG]
    As Zack pulled her towards him, Adelina leaned down and kissed Zack on the head. "They are fine. I made sure of it. And I am right here to keep an eye on them. You know they can't always be in their beds or my arms." Adelina stated as she watched her kids lay happily on the floor. "As for the plans for today I figured we could feed and burp Zarron and Zelina and then take them for a walk to put them to sleep. While they nap we have a good three hours before they will be crying for me again. Perhaps Tessa would like a visit and mommy and daddy can have some quiet alone time. It feels like we never get that anymore. And if not I will take a nap. I could use it." Adelina explained her thoughts to Zack. Between his work and her being busy with the babies they never got to simply spend time together like they used to. She missed that, and although she felt bad for asking Tessa to babysit, she knew that their friend loved the kids and would probably agree. It would just be for this once, she told herself. She wouldn't ask again for a while but for today they had a chance to properly be together and Adelina wanted to take it.
    [​IMG]
    "Says the man that doesn't actually fight but stands there and freaks people out with his mind." Koldo replied to Wilkin's comment about him needing exercise. Though comments like that didn't bother Koldo much, not when they were so close to progressing with the plan. And thankfully his intern and Damian decided to join them right around that time. "Good you look worse for wear, it is perfect. Shall we get started then?" Koldo asked as he strolled over to Lexander and put one of the boys arms over his shoulder. "Damian grab his other arm and help me drag him along. Wilkin you go a little ahead and search for help. If you all play your parts well, this should go smoothly, and if you don't, lets say interns face would be the prettier right now then any of you when I am through." Koldo threatened as he started forward. Soon, very soon they would get into the city and be able to figure out who was strong and who was weak. Who needed to be assassinated and who would fall in the mass murder. It was all coming soon, very soon. ​

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera blinked, frowning. Flame shouldn't be revealing such weakness to me. But she refrained from speaking such thoughts, bowing her head and turning to leave. She passed Kala on the way out, giving the girl a closer look as she did. The bodyguard had shadows hunter her eyes, and her hand was trembling, all too slightly. Veera frowned once more, and once more refrained from commenting. As she strolled out into the day, she looked around the city. It was easy to rule in times of peace, and Flame was right in taking that for a blessing. But if the girl thought ruling during the good times was hard, how was she going to hold up against the bad?

[​IMG]
    Kala glanced at Veera, a little creeped out the way the woman was eyeing her, but then turned to Flame. "I won't sit, but we can talk." She replied, glancing at Galadorn with a little smile. If he had to remain on duty, so did she. "We can't ever go back. Only forward." The words were just as much of a reminder to Flame as they were to herself. She couldn't keep remaining focused on the past, not when the future could hold more hope, if she would only let it. There would be a way to control her powers, a way to rid herself of the guilt, and she would find it. She had to. For Galadorn's sake.

[​IMG]
    Zack opened one eye to stare at Adelina, before shutting it again and stuffing his face back into the pillow. As much as he loved his girlfriend, he loved sleep too. They were the two rivals for his attention, always and forever locked in battle. With a sigh, he flipped over onto his back, staring up at the ceiling. "Isn't Tessa on a breakfast date?" He asked, running his hand over his face to try to wake up. "I don't know that she'd want to interrupt that with babysitting, no matter how much she loves the kids."

[​IMG]
    Tessa smiled up at Gale, shaking her head. "If you're late, it's not by much." She sipped her coffee before adding a little more sugar. "It's really quiet out there today." She commented, resting her chin on her hand, her elbow on the table. "Kind of strange, but perhaps there's only a storm coming." It looked sunny now, but she had seen the weather turn in an instant. It didn't bother her, not exactly, but it was just strange.

12. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Wilkin chuckled mockingly at Koldo's remark "While the powers to use on someone's mind are certainly effective and powerful in their own right, doesn't mean I'm not looking after myself or admire the beauty of a good sword fight." Wilkin said, gesturing to the Rapier that had been strapped to his right hand side. "Nice of you to join us." Wilkin said as Lexander and Damion joined them. Koldo gave out the orders and made a threat as to what would happen "Promises, Koldo, promises..." Was all Wilkin said as he jogged ahead, to go and try look for help, even going as far as quite convincingly call out for help.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    With Koldo being the first person to speak, Damian had little choice but to comply and grabbed Lexander's other arm. Hearing Koldo say what would happen should if they didn't play their parts right, Damian smirked. You're welcome to try, I've been hoping for another chance to punch you. As it stood right now, Koldo was the only person to ever beat Damian in a fight. That said, it wasn't like he had an impressive undefeated streak before Koldo had beaten him. No, he simply wanted another chance to fight him.

Gale shrugged at what Tessa had said. He never really noticed that things were quieter than usual. What he did notice was a lack of Adelina here, but that could easily be explained by the fact that she was spending time with her kids. Probably why Chrono was the one behind the kitchen this time around. "Hopefully that won't be the case." He had been caught out in the rain before and it wasn't fun, especially one time in particular. Gale shook away those thought before turning his attention back to Tessa.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Kala refused to take a seat and Amber took little comfort in her words. They were a comfort yes but lacked any joking matter or ferocity that she wanted. Kala didn't turn it into a challenge or make it into something funny to help Amber feel better, she responded in a way that most people would expect you to respond in. Not like a real friend would respond, just a script. "No what, forget talking. I am going to take a walk around the city and make sure everyone is on point with their jobs like I know they will be. See if there is any rearranging of people we could do to ensure our defenses better while still having the city running smoothly." Amber said as she stood. If she could she would assign Galadorn and Kala to the scout or the warrior regiment and help there where it was needed, but they would never agree to that. She was the queen with no heir, if something like what happened to her father happened to her, than the city was left without a leader, so their current leader needed to be guarded. Or at least that seemed like the reason behind this annoying mess. Amber found her hand resting on her stomach as she wondered if ti was about time to have a child. However that would mean there would be no hunting or training for a couple years until the baby was born and then old enough to be left with a baby sitter for a few hours or an entire afternoon. Amber was not quite sure if she was ready for that yet, but she did know it would have to come... eventually.
    [​IMG]
    Adelina let out a sigh as Zack still refused to get up. "She wouldn't need to watch them till late morning, almost afternoon. By the time you finally drag your butt out of bed I will have to feed them once more and then after burping and changing them, take them for a walk to put them to sleep before even thinking of asking Tessa. She probably has three hours still, but if it seems to be a problem then perhaps while they nap, we could too, and you can be reunited with your one true love, your bed." Adelina joke at the end. She really just wanted a day with Zack, but she supposed catching up on a bit of sleep would be good for her as well.

Finally Adelina got up off the edge of the bed, leaving the cup of coffee on the table beside
    Zack. She walked out of the room and sat down cross legged on the floor in front of her kids, her wings fluttering behind her. She wondered if her children would ever grow a pair themselves. Only being half fairy it was unknown what sort of things they would end up with from her, and what wouldn't come to pass since their father was not of fairy origin. "Well what do you say we get up off the floor and cuddle with mommy on the couch until daddy decides he is awake?" Adelina spoke to her kids as she picked them up and sat on the couch, one in each arm, her head tilted back as she rested her eyes. She could feel the kids tugging on her hair, but at this point she didn't much care. She just needed this moment of rest.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    "You and you, on me." Veera collected a few scouts from the barracks before turning and strolling away. With little else to do, she was going to perform an extra patrol run. It beat staring at her wall in boredom, or trying to make conversation with another person. And the exercise might help clear her mind. She felt better doing something instead standing around. Perhaps the reason she was so frustrated was because Flame had ignored her warning about the calm. And something was off today. The people were normal, talking and laughing as they went about their daily tasks, but there were no animals, and even the wind was silent, the leaves still in the heavy air.

It made her uneasy, thus the extra scouts. She picked up three more on the way out of town for a total of five, before activating her 3D maneuvering gear and swinging away into the trees. The titans had been relatively few and far between, but occasionally one wandered into their neck of the woods. Veera wondered if they focused on the city within the walls because they somehow instinctively knew there was food in there. She didn't care what Akari or any of the others said; having fought the titans for her entire adult life, she knew there was a predatory instinct in their brains, somewhere. Somehow, they knew how to hunt humans, and it only made them all the more terrifying.

The five scouts behind her kept pace easily, and didn't speak, giving her a nice break from the usual banter between Zack and Tessa. Some days, she didn't mind their company, but others she would rather focus on the task at hand. Getting attached to them would only cause her to lose her head in the heat of the moment, and gods forbid it should ever come down to it, but should she ever have to choose between saving one or the other, she knew it was going to have to be a decision ruled by logistics, not emotion.

Movement caught her eye, and in silent coordination the five scouts and their leaders dropped lower. From their position in the trees Veera could see two men, helping along a third figure that may or may not have been male as well. Judging by the noise up ahead, there was a fourth figure that was making a ton of noise, calling out for help. Veera narrowed her eyes, and perched on a branch, silently holding up a fist. The others flanked her on either side, lining up like blackbirds. Any sane being would have known that making that much ruckus was the best way to call titans, like ringing a dinner bell. Someone stupid enough to do that wouldn't have made it here from any of the neighboring villages or the city in the wall. That meant they were either enemy scouts, in which case they would not have been calling for help in order to remain silent, or they were powerful enough that the titans were not a worry for them. If that was the case, then why was the third figure injured? Veera didn't like this, but she couldn't allow them to remain this close to the village. She descended, the others dropping behind her, landing easily behind
    Koldo, Damian, and Lexander. At her hand gesture, two dispatched to go look for the fourth figure, mostly to keep him from attracting titans while they spoke.

"Who are you?" Veera asked. Given what she had deduced, she supposed that every answer she received was going to be a lie. Nevertheless, she would take them, and instead watch for something much more tell tale.

[​IMG]
    Kala glanced at Galadorn, wondering what he made of the exchange. Flame was not the same person she had known and cared about. Maybe it was as Galadorn proposed, and Flame had always been this way, Kala just hadn't seen it until someone else came into her life, contrasting what she knew. She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Your Majesty, there are still the reports from the Builder's Regiment, and the requests from the harvesters regarding their equipment for the summer crop." She didn't want to sound like an overzealous parent, but as Flame had said, she knew that people were already doing their jobs. Why go supervise them and make them nervous?

"And there's the matter of the city behind the walls..." They hadn't heard anything from those people in so long. Long enough that Kala could see Veera nearly twitching each time she gave her report, and long enough that Kala could almost believe what happened there had been a lifetime. For the city of Kantya to have helped them, and then no word, not even in reprimand or thanks, it was...odd. Even Kala could see this, and she could only gather what little diplomacy skills she had from listening to Flame's father and from books she had read so long ago....

Perhaps it was time she told
    Galadorn the truth. Not the entirety, but enough. She had kept this from him too long, and he was the only one she trusted enough to reveal her face. If he was going to betray her because of it, if he would wish her dead, then more time would not change his response. She should do it, get it over with, and put her fate in the hands of the person who knew her best. If he chose to accept her, then good, great, even. She would finally be able to move on with her life, and perhaps find her own happy ending. And if he didn't...well then she would let her life end, by her own hand, or his. She would not let anyone else have that claim, for they had no right to it.

But this balancing act, trying to remain between one side and another, she could continue it no longer. To try and do so would destroy her from the inside. Now, Kala just had to keep the courage she felt until she found a moment of privacy with the centaur.

[​IMG]
    Zack groaned as he finally swung his legs out of bed, rising with a stretch and rubbing the muscles in his stomach. At practice in the barracks, Tessa had given him a rather sharp elbow in the abdomen to escape one of his holds. He would have to pay back the favor, somehow. Maybe asking her to watch the kids would be appropriate, since he knew that she knew that he could never hurt her. Running his hands through his messy hair, he pulled a shirt over his torso before rummaging around for a pair of trousers.

He knew that
    Adelina would want to spend the day with him on one of his few and far between days off, but she got to see him at a near constant rate when he wasn't at work. And when had been the last time that he and Tessa had actually done something together? He didn't chase the thought, knowing it would lead nowhere good as he walked out into the living room barefoot, nearly tripping over one of the baby toys. Stifling a curse, as Adelina would only yell at him if he did swear in front of the children, he looked around for the socks and boots that were tantamount to his daily dress. As always, the 3D maneuvering belt went around his waist. He was always prepared for trouble, and by now it had just become routine.

"I can take one of the kids and go get us some breakfast. That way you don't have to do the work or clean up." He didn't voice the rest of his thoughts, still unsure how they would be taken. But at least this way he could give
    Adelina a break, and get some time with his children. Or at least one of them. For some reason, she insisted in taking on most of their care herself, leaving very little for him to do. He loved spending time with little Zelina, and teaching Zarron to wave his arms. Most days he found Adelina's compulsive need to care for the twins endearing, but on days like today, he wanted to feel like an actual father, and not just a sperm donor.

[​IMG]
    Tessa smiled at Gale before turning her attention back to the window. She would take the sunlight and gentle summer breeze over a storm any day, but something about the wild rain, the uncontrollable thunder and the crackling lightning, it called to a part of her soul that was not normally unleashed. Perhaps everyone had a part of them that longed for a place with no rules, to do as they pleased. Her mind floated back to when she and Zack had first received their maneuvering gear, and raced each other through the tree tops.

She hadn't felt so alive until that moment, her hair tugged by the wind and shining in the sun, her heart racing as she dodged branches, birds and squirrels, laughter bubbling in her throat. He had beat her nearly every time, making up for her speed with his agility. Where Tessa had to take more open routes and avoid getting tangled, Zack moved through the trees as though he was a ghost. She was envious of his ability, his talent that had blossomed into skills.. Although Tessa had to remind herself that he was older then she by six years more often then not. Closer in age to Veera then even she, although when she called him old, he would simply ruffle her hair with the reply, "Age before beauty."

Yeah, she missed those days. She missed her friend. It had been a lot simpler. Leaning back in her chair, her eyes glanced at the man sitting across from her. It was obvious Adelina had it in her mind that Tessa needed to be paired with someone. Was it guilt for taking away her only friend? Or perhaps a hidden insecurity that Zack would care more for her then the fairy and his children? Tessa knew that the moment Zelina and Zarron had been born, everything had changed. Everything her friend did was for them, and their future. He had told her, in confidence, that he had started putting away money for them, just in case something happened to him and Adelina. He had also wanted her to watch over them. The words weren't specifically said, but she got the feeling he wanted more then a guiding hand. He wanted what his aunt had been to him.

Shaking herself out of those brooding thoughts, she turned back to
    Gale. "So, why are you here?" she asked abruptly. If it was because Adelina had talked him into it, then she wasn't sure why she should stay. If it was because he wanted to enjoy her company, well then she felt like maybe wandering through the woods. And if it stormed, then perhaps she could finally just let go of these worries and inhibitions.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Amber found herself with a slight head ache as Kala reminded her of everything else that she needed to deal with. Checking up on people was as much of an excuse for fresh air as it was anything else. She just needed that time and space for a moment, but she supposed Kala was right, she had to heal with these issues first. People wondered why she hated being a princess so much, well if they knew what it was like to have to rule then perhaps they would understand why she had hated her position. Now that she had taken up the roll of queen, she did her best to fill it, but it wasn't what she wanted to do. The only reason she kept it up to the best of her ability was for the sake of her father, and her grandfather before him. She did it for the people who worked to make the city great. If she abandoned the city for her own wishes and desires she would fail her family and her entire bloodline. She would let it go to ruin for her own selfish ambitions. Amber couldn't let that happen for she cared deeply for her family though they were all gone now. She would do what she had to for her legacy, including continuing the line. There was sure to be an awkward conversation coming that night with Drake now.

"You're right, I nearly forgot." Amber said softly as she turned from the door and went back to her desk, sorting through papers organizing for her next meeting. "I wouldn't worry too much about the city behind the walls. They hate us, but they fear us enough not to act on that hate. We accomplished something they couldn't on their own. We have magic running through our veins that they do not. They aren't stupid enough to find and attack this city. As I told Veera, accept the peace for what it is, don't taunt fate." She said her voice sounding distant and shallow.

Amber shifted slightly thinking about earlier when she looked for a friend to talk to and got just another loyal citizen doing her job. Perhaps it was not the best time to talk but perhaps if she made plan.
    "Kala, would you like to join me for breakfast tomorrow? Not as a guard or a Queen, just as friends, like we used to be. I could use the break for a little bit and just a friend." She said softly, not ashamed if Galadorn heard or not. It was natural to need a friend and she knew that they were working right now but perhaps if they weren't working Kala would be willing to leave her new companion and spend time just talking with her instead. That was what she hoped for at least.

[​IMG]
    Adelina was happy to hear Zack get out of bed and start getting ready. She hadn't bothered opening her eyes just yet, they needed to rest and he wasn't ready to go yet, she could tell. She was use to his morning routine enough to take a pretty good guess where he was in it at any point in time. She didn't bother opening her eyes until Zack started to speak to her. She had planned to make breakfast for them, she wanted to make breakfast for both of them, it made her feel more useful again. However not having to clean up did sound appealing.

"Here take Zarron today Zelina is closer to a nap so I may just rest a moment while you do that if that is okay. The kids have had me up for two hours already." Adelina told Zack, offering him Zarron. She had only stated one of the two reasons for giving him the child she did. She could see that he favoured Zelina, so Adelina always gave Zarron that little extra bit of love, but when they were older, she didn't want one child thinking either of them loved a sibling more. She didn't want them to make any assumptions. She would do what she could to break any bad habits now before they had the chance to grow.

[​IMG]
    It seemed that their presence had been detected as someone landed behind them. Koldo pretended not to really notice until they spoke that they landed. Poor people seemed to be trying to be so silent up until then, he would hate to ruin their fun. Koldo turned around, relief played across his face as he looked at the woman that had landed behind them. "Oh thank goodness. There are people this far away from things. I thought that we were goners for sure." Koldo spoke in a breathy panicked voice. "You have to help us miss. They, they decided the city was too full. We have been locked out, a sacrifice to lower the numbers. As far as I can tell we are the only ones to make it this far. The others, god rest their souls...." Koldo trailed off before looking over at Lexander quickly. "Please tell me there is civilization where. I don't think he can make it much further. We have barely escaped Titans one too many times now, I doubt we will be so lucky next time. Please I can pay you." Koldo fumbled around his pockets and pulled out a few coins from the wall city and held them out to Veera in a shaking hand.

He hoped that the woman would buy the act. He hoped that the others could follow along as well and make it convincing. He sent Wilkin ahead so he could make the story when they ran into civilization, but since they found them and not Wilkin, Koldo supposed that he needed to take the lead on it. It wasn't the ideal situation but he could still make it work. ​

17. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Lexander limped along, being held up by the others. He reflected that this was the only situation they would ever help him along. Soon enough they came across a soldier from Kaynta who began to question them. As Koldo spoke, Lexander began to slowly realise what he'd always suspected.

This man was an absolute idiot

Seriously. His story made no sense, especially considering Lexander was the only one who looked even vaguely disheveled and Koldo stated they'd been attacked by titans. He looked up at the soldier with a raised eyebrow that the others wouldn't have been able to see, and smirked slightly, rolling his eyes. To convince Koldo he was keeping up the act he fell to one knee and yelped as though hurt, before struggling back to his feet.

[​IMG]
    Galadorn sighed inwardly, Flame truly knew nothing about her job. He stared out at the city as the queen and Kala spoke, and responded to her glances with supportive smiles. Suddenly the queen invited Kala to breakfast tomorrow and Galadorn jolted, frowing at the pair "Uh... but... tomorrow... Kala... I had something planned for the morning..." Galadorn stammered, trying to sound formal since they were at work, but struggling to keep control. He'd been planning something in secret for a while now, but he couldn't tell Kala or that would ruin everything "I mean... I guess it's your choice"

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    They had been noticed a lot faster than he thought they would, but there wasn't much for them to do other than address the one who had spotted them. Not surprisingly Koldo was the one to do the talking to the soldier, coming up with a story that would hopefully be believed. At the end of Koldo's tale, Damion took a quick glance towards Lexander who had fallen on one knee as part of his act. If he was trying to imply that Lexander was injured prior to their 'run in with titans' then it would be a bit more believable. Least from where he stood. Titan's aren't known for easily letting go a catch once they have one and Lexander getting caught by one would pretty much be his demise.

Silence had fallen between the two shortly after Gale had given his answer to Tessa. While the latter had chosen to look out the window his gaze lowered as he started to thinking about things. While he held nothing personal against rain or storms in general, some of the moods that usually accompanied them was usually left him with mixed feeling regarding the rain. Dreariness and sadness were some of the things that first came to mind in regards to rain and on the other hand there was a calming effect that the rain had that he did take notice of enjoy. If he had to pick some kind of middle ground in all this, it would likely be that he preferred light showers opposed to full blown downpours and storms.

Gale's attention was drawn from both the table and his thoughts when Tessa had asked why he was here. Well it wasn't anything related to any plan that Adelina might have set up. The decision to spent breakfast with Tessa was one of his own making.
    "Well I wanted a chance to talk with you more. We didn't exactly get much time do to so while we were helping Veera." Gale answered.

19. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Wilkin had seperated himself, ahead of the group looking for people that would be able to help them with their assistant. He wasn't afraid of the titans and knew he could take them, after all he was a powerful mage, he'd be fine. His calls were answered when two people dropped in beside him telling him to shut up. To stop attracting the damn titans one said in a rather annoyed tone. These folks really weren't amused by his actions, though he himself thought that they could atleast be a bit more civil about it. When they explained he ought to follow them and shut the hell up he spoke up about the others he was told they had already been located. "Good, because we need help. You got to help us...." Wilkin said as he acted his part, acting with desperation that people would have in this situation. He followed along to the other people where Koldo was already taking the word. Wilkin took note of all he said so that if he had to take over for the boss their stories would be consistent. So they had been thrown out of the city because it was too crowded well that made sense, with limited space within the walls to do everything they needed to manage the population carefully and while throwing people to the titans was rather cruel, they couldn't afford the luxury of compassion right now for the continued survival of mankind. "Thank the gods that you found us." Wilkin said to Veera

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera's eyes went from Koldo, to Wilkin, to Damion, and then Lexander. She blinked, once and then twice. And silently wondered to herself just what kind of prank the gods were playing. None of the others besides Lexander appeared to have a scratch on them. And the city was half a day's ride. How had they gotten here unharmed, without horses, and out of sight of the titans? Having grown into adulthood around it, surrounded by it and immersed in it, Veera could only suspect the answer. Magic. One or more of these men were powerful enough that titans didn't trouble them. And they were here, trying to fool her, for a reason.

It was a plan. This had been premeditated. The bigger question was, why? Veera would not get any answers from these men. To actually ask them would place hers and the others in her care in harm's way. So instead, she opted for the alternative plan. "I will see to it that your comrade gets medical attention. But you will remain here, under the watch of my people." And should any harm come to them, I don't care what kind of soul rending it takes but I will make you suffer.

"You, come on." Veera nodded towards
    Lexander before she pulled out the extra harness she had attached to her person, something she kept with her ever since the last watch when someone had broken an ankle. It allowed the person to be connected to her, and as long as they didn't struggle against the momentum, she could move with greater speed then simply walking, although her agility was greatly reduced.

[​IMG]
    Kala blinked, and then blushed. Hidden by her hood, her hands went up to her cheeks, leaving only her eyes, watching Galadorn and then Flame. "Um...." She paused, uncertain of what to do. She was loathe to turn Flame down, but the way Galadorn made it sound, this was something important.....she didn't get her hopes up, or set on anything, because there was no way it could be that. Galadorn may have picked up on the mannerisms of the people around them, but she couldn't recall anyone showing him the ropes of how to marry someone. And she couldn't think of anything they had been working towards, besides trying to find more information on each other.

Perhaps he had found something and been keeping it a surprise? Kala lowered her hands. "Why don't I have breakfast with
    Galadorn, and then meet you for lunch, Your Highness?" She asked, knowing full well that Flame could command her to do what she wanted. But Flame wasn't that type of queen. At least, Kala didn't think she was.

[​IMG]
    Zack blinked as Adelina offered up Zarron, but mentally shrugged. At least she hadn't put up a fight about the whole breakfast thing. And while he felt as though he had just spent time with Zarron, he could hardly begrudge spending more time with his only son. Smiling gently down at the little boy, Zack quickly kissed Adelina's cheek and Zelina's forehead. "I'll be back with sustenance." He waved lazily as he walked out the door and into the sunlight.

"But you know.." Zack grinned down at his son, who was waving his chubby arms in the air. "I didn't say when I would come back." He made sure to only whisper this after the door was closed, and set off at a jaunty pace towards the diner. Maybe Tessa was looking to get into trouble.

[​IMG]
    Tessa shrugged. "That's true. I just didn't want to think you'd been forced into it." She replied, her fingers darting towards her hair and beginning a quick braid. "I mean, it's been two years. I don't get why now." She sat up, her eyes now focused on Gale's face. "Why after two years are we doing this now? It's not like we haven't seen each other, or been very busy besides our patrols, which seem to match up quite a lot."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.