Attack on Titan: Reluctant Hero's

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Aelin, Sep 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Sorry." Apologized as not only Chrono confirmed that he was fine, but Zack had also come in and told her that Chrono was doing fine. It was Zack's own settle way of telling her to leave the poor boy alone. After Zack gave her a kiss he took Zelina, freeing Adelina to hold Zarron a little better. The young child shifted slightly but did not wake as he curled up in his mothers arms.

Adelina glanced back at
    Chrono one more time before fully turning her attention back to Zack. "No I haven't. I fed these two, then took them for a walk to settle them, and well... I guess I kind of ended here... It is habit it seems." Adelina said with slightly a nervous giggle as Zack brushed the hair from her face. Adelina reached up and grabbed Zack's hand. She set his palm against her cheek, holding it there for a moment. Every minute she had with Zack she found special, because she never knew when she was going to lose him, especially since he was in the scouts. Everyone had to have their role in the society for it to function, but sometimes Adelina just wished that Zack could stay home and help her watch the kids.

"Perhaps Chrono would like to join us for breakfast if I make it here for us. That is if you think you can handle watching two kids for twenty minutes." Adelina gave Zack a wink. She knew that he could do it, but he rarely had to, so it was fun to poke fun at his ability to do so. "That is if Chrono wants to, and will allow me in his kitchen." Adelina said putting emphasis on the work his, trying to help get it through her own head that it wasn't her kitchen anymore, at least not at this time. Zack was right the boy was doing a good job, she could trust her kitchen to him. However it was still weird for her not to work. That being said her children were too much work on their own, she didn't need another job to keep her busy.

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Zack grinned. "You know how much I love a challenge. And besides, what about the night after they were born? I stayed with them all night and they didn't make a peep." He shifted Zelina to his other arm, ready to take Zarron whenever Adelina was ready to give him up. The boy would grow up to be handsome one day, his shock of orange hair nearly the same as Zack's. Zelina had taken more after her mother's looks, with her wide eyes and golden hair.

He had seen the look in
    Adelina's eyes, love mingled with worry. She didn't like his job, and sure, he could ask for a change of position, but if he was destined to die, then he would do it with a sword in hand, protecting the family he loved. Adelina understood, and she wouldn't stand in his way, and every time he came back he would do what he could to ease the worry before going back out. But the fact of the matter was, there was only so much he could do.

It was the same worry he held for Tessa, or any of his teammates. It was the same worry he held for himself in a smaller capacity. Titans were unpredictable, and things could go wrong at any moment. It was being able to survive that unpredictability that helped you stay alive longer. Zack wasn't nearly as good as Drake had been, but he held his own. It was Tessa he worried for. She was strong, yes but her survival instincts were diminished. Which didn't make sense, come to think of it.

"Perhaps later we'll go see Auntie Tessa before she goes on shift." He murmured to the sleeping boy in his arms. The children always seemed to cheer her up, at least.

"Veera's taking Tessa out for a double shift." He told
    Adelina, a small frown evident on his face. "We need the new scouts to get trained in faster." Or we're going to lose the ones we have from stupid mistakes made in exhaustion.

[​IMG]
    Kala smiled softly at the joke, though the words, "I'd have to kill you," echoed through her mind. If you only knew, then I think you wouldn't hesitate. Her inner voice whispered sadly as Galadorn wrapped his arms around her. She set the tea down and brought her hands up to cover his own, before she pressed her forehead to his. "They'll go away." She murmured, looking into an ocean of green irises before shutting her eyes and taking a deep breath, reveling in the warm scent that seemed to follow Galadorn everywhere.

She had been saying those three words for what seemed like an eternity. They'll go away. She suspected they would, if she imbibed in alcohol or drugs. But that would mean a loss of her cognitive functions, and she would not put anyone in danger that way. Least of all the person closest to her.
    Speaking of close....
    his physical presence brought an ache to her throat. Her heart dropped as she realized she would have to feed, today. She put it out of her mind for now and turned around in Galadorn's arms, resting both of her palms on the side of his face, searching his eyes for what she already knew was there.

Would it be so hard to say? The answer was yes. Every time she tried, the words stuck in her throat. Something so small, and yet so significant. Words she hadn't ever had the occasion to say to another living soul. And she couldn't find the strength to say them now. She exhaled, looked up at
    Galadorn with a small smile. "We should get you a bigger bed." It was a subtle subject change, but something she found easier to talk about.

3. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Alexander snorted at Damion's remark regarding him being the violent one. Wilkin sighed when Koldo ranted about how the bloke thought Lexander was impressive and sure, Koldo was right in calling bullshit on that. "You know if he really is so in awe of Lexander's powers, you really think he can grasp the full extent of our power?" Wilkin said, sure his abilities weren't as obvious as Koldo's or Damion's but his power was not to be underestimated. "Koldo you may be interested in the what's in it for us, well we get to measure our powers against something presumably worthy of it's fury, what I would like to know is the why, not that I am passing it up if the why's aren't really my thing, but just out of curiosity." It's not like he couldn't find out if he wanted to. "Well, we got it pretty good here and got practicly everything so what do we ask for? Actually some nice and quiet cliffside cottage, like on a cliff near the ocean would seem nice to me and no not sharing it with any of you, I'd like things to keep it in one piece. With maybe a shepherd's dog while we're at it." Wilkin reasoned, he liked the peace and quiet, especially that of the mind, not just his mind but that of others as well, it was so sweet. That peace and quiet that he would turn into chaos or emptiness was something he liked sadly with this bunch of savages running around, there hardly was any peace and quiet so he was glad the manor had large gardens so he could get away if he wanted.

4. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    I'd like to give credit to both @Aelin FireHeart and @cstar for this banner. Gabi for the image, Cstar for the banner itself. To say you guys are awesome is a severe understatement, thanks a bunch.

Wandering casually through Kaynta, Drake Famoye was...kind of bored, actually. Life was too quiet for his taste. He had everything he'd ever wanted; a place he could call home, close friends he could rely on, and the most beautiful wife he could ever ask for, and yet something was missing. The fire in a warrior's heart never truly extinguished, no matter how much he tried. He found himself longing for the battles he experienced frequently a couple of years ago, for the excitement that came with being the leader of the scouting regiment.

Drake sighed as he walked. Unfortunately, he was no longer the leader of the scouting regiment. That title had been passed down quite a while ago. These days he was more of a...pseudo king, of sorts. He wasn't officially the king, nor did he desire to be one, but he certainly made a fair few decisions that would belong to the authority of someone more than an advisor to the queen. Not that he minded; how could he ever dislike a job where he could help both the citizens of Kaynta and Amber? No, he didn't mind it, he just wished the most exciting thing of the week hadn't been when someone had dared to ask if he'd thought his wife's butt had looked big, right in front of him.

It wasn't all bad though. He'd promised Amber he'd be there for her, and he very much was. On occasion he stopped by where the scouting regiment practiced and had a bit of a sparring session just to show them that he was, and always would be, capable of whipping any slackers into shape. He couldn't do it too much though, too many things needed seeing to. Not right at that moment though, they could wait. He had his sword at his side and he was going to train. Keeping in fighting shape was one thing he made sure to always do, and today was no different. Making sure nobody was watching, he snuck quietly away to where he usually did, and was surprised to see the queen of Kaynta there.

If it had been anyone else, Drake would've bet that they would have told the queen to go back then and there. "It's not fit for the queen to be doing such a thing" is what many would say, or "your highness we have too many things to do, we don't have time for this!", but Drake wasn't like the others. He knew Amber well enough that he knew nothing he said could really change her mind, which was good because he didn't want to change her mind. He knew she longed for the excitement just as much as he did, and besides...he hadn't had this opportunity in a while. Strolling over to her side, he allowed himself a little smirk. "Having fun?" he asked.

[​IMG]
    Jotting down notes frantically, Akari was busy in her workshop. Rare was the day she left it in those times; she always had some kind of idea bubbling away in her head. In fact, she'd been working on a specific device for quite some time now. For the last few months, she had been relentlessly stressing her brain for some kind of idea, an inkling of progression, to make her efforts speed up that much more.

It wasn't just any one of her inventions that Akari Hirano was working on though. She'd made impressive things in the past; Grappling hooks capable of shooting straight through walls, cloaks rendering people invisible to titans, hell she had even managed to think up a flying machine. That one was all theory for the moment, but one day she'd finish it. It was pretty close to completion, but finding the drive for it was another thing altogether.

This one was going to be something that would put them all to shame though. It combined a few aspects of her cloak with a simple scanner. It would enable whoever wore it to remain invisible whilst moving at high speeds, while also vibrating slightly whenever a titan was detected in the presence of the wearer. Taking a quick second to look at the hat she had sitting on her desk, the hat that had once belonged to a friend, she allowed a tear to silently flow down into the goggles that were on her head before going back to scribbling down the theory frantically. "Never again" she said quietly, hand furiously writing.

5. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Karen's pov:

karen banner.png

She began to think of the many animals that she healed over the years. Squirrels, foxes and a few cats she healed over the years. None of them really standing out like when she healed people, except on animal, a black cat that showed up a few days after everyone went missing. This back cat had a broken leg and was having a hard time, but she was able to heal it in no time. She spent two years in this forest away from everyone and yet no one looked for her. This was somewhat odd, but what are you going to do. She had to continue her path at getting better at healing and her training as a fighter for when and if titans returned. Her thought always went back to the people in Keynta, but she had a duty to continue to get better even if it killed her. It might, kill her, but she was not going to stop anytime soon. Nothing would stop her. She was so far from everyone that she did not thing she would ever be found. Part of her wanted to be found, but another was unsure if she was ready for that sort of thing.

~two years ago.
    The kings death was a odd one. He knowing that the titans would not stop. There was so much to do and no reason to go back. No one caring for him at all. For the first year, he was going to different areas of the walled of city. He was staying out of sight. He somehow knowing that they could not be spotted. The two years had gone by slowly. He was spending some of the time searching. People maybe looking for him, but they could not find what they were looking for. He was keeping a eye on the people of Keynta for a week or so going on there daily life. In some way it was easier this way.
    ~ few days ago
    He was spending time near Akari's house unsure if he should show himself or not. He not knowing if he were spotted or not, but sure he was. Today would be different. Jumping on the window seal of Akari's workshop window. He started looking in to see what was going on. If they look out all they would see would be an animal. A black Cat.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"I don't mind, this was your kitchen first after all." Chrono replied with a slight chuckle. Answering both her offer of joining them for breakfast as well as letting Adelina use her kitchen. He simply stepped out of the way so that Adelina could do what she needed. As for what she needed, that he had no clue.

[​IMG]

"He might shi]t his pants if he saw mine, though it's not something I can use in enclosed areas." Damion chimed in. Out of the three, his powers were probably the most noticeable. He would saw flashy, but that department might actually go to Koldo. It depends on how you decide to look at things. With the dicussion currently being on what they wanted as a reward, Damion was silent at first for he didn't quite know just want he wanted himself. It was easier for him to let the others talk it out while he tried to figure out for him.

Gale was glad that their watch had gone over without anything happening, though other than assisting Veera there wasn't much else that he did. With them being dismissed, Gale decided to go get something to eat and headed toward Adelina/Chrono/Zack (I guess)'s kitchen.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "So the lazy one is finally awake. Come to join me for a little practice before it is back to being all high and mighty." There was a tone of detest in her voice as she said that. It wasn't that she completely hated being queen, but she missed her old life. She missed being that reckless teenager who ran off to do her own thing because it was a game. She hated all the rules and expectations she had now. That being said she was enough of a leader to live with what she had to.

With no one around it was time for Amber to have some fun. Turning to her husband Amber gave him a wink, ready to remind him of old times. She then transformed into a leopard and ran into the bush. The leopard prowled through the bush remaining low. She circled around her prey before she jumped out of the bush and attempting to tackle
    Drake.
    [​IMG]
    Adelina handed her son over to Zack, letting her hand rest on his head for a moment. The children looked so peaceful sleeping. Unfortunately they didn't know the danger they were in, everyone was in. They were blissfully naive of the danger everyone faced everyday in this city. Adelina was glad for that though, she may worry but she was more than happy to let the children not worry for as long as they could hold onto it.

Zack mentioned something about Tessa having to work another shift later. "That is not fair. Tessa needs a break sometimes." The problem with training new recruits was the fact that they needed a new generation to train. Not many people had kids here out of fear of dying before they grew up, like what happened to her, or Chrono, or many of them. Adelina knew one of these days her little Zarron would grow up to be a warrior just like her daddy, and part of her hated that. She didn't want to risk losing him.

"Well as long as the kids don't wake up I am sure you will be fine." Adelina told Zack, her tone slightly more sad now. Adelina turned from the two kids and walked into the kitchen. Chrono moved out of the way for her, but Adelina shook her head. "You keep working. I will work around you and then we will all sit down to eat." Adelina instructed as she began to gather ingredients. "So uh... have things been getting better since you found out the truth about your parents?" Adelina asked Chrono trying to break the silence.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "There's nothing wrong with appreciating sleep, but sure I'll go a round" the warrior said, tossing down his blade onto the ground. Whilst Drake's sword skills were near flawless, his unarmed combat skills were certainly nothing to be laughed at. Even if he had no experience with it whatsoever, he wasn't going to take the chance that he might hurt Amber. Nothing could convince him to take that chance, even if it meant being shown up by his wife. He watched as his opponent used her fae abilities and transformed into a leopard, recalling how he had once been shocked to see it happen. Those days were long gone though, and Amber no longer had the element of surprise on her side.

Just as Drake was about to lunge forward with an attack, the fae queen leaped into the brush, seemingly vanishing. He could see and hear the rustling in the grass, but as he turned to look at where it had come from he could see nothing, Amber being much too fast in her cat form. He simply stopped for a moment, a sly grin appearing on his face as he came to a decision on exactly what he should do. While he hadn't done it too recently, he'd played this game with her many a time before. Due to his mortal nature and her superior speed in her fae form, he hadn't actually bested her. Until today, that was. He had one advantage over her in that scenario, and that was that she was using the same tactic as she tended to favour, and that day was the day it would prove to be her downfall.

The warrior waited until his beloved made her move, simply standing still. She was as quiet as she usually was; if he wasn't so focused he doubted he'd be able to hear it at all, but that all changed when she made her attack. He heard her charging towards him, waiting about two seconds before simply leaping up into the air and performing a somersault. As the leopard dashed below him in an attempt to tackle him, Drake landed on her back, wrapping his arms around her and using the strength in his hind legs to push her forward just a little, hopefully enough to cause her to fall onto the ground.

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    With a nod Chrono took a look at the ingredients that Adelina was grabbing and tried to figure out what should he get. "So what are we making?" Know that would also help in knowing what ingredients to make. So Chrono instead started grabbing what they would likely need for cooking. There was a slight pause in Chrono's action as Adelina asked how he was doing since learning the truth about his parents. The pause was brief as he went back to work. "Yeah, it still hurts knowing that they're dead. But the least I can do is live on and make them proud."

10. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lexander quietly exited the meeting and returned levitating a plate of scones, placing them in the centre. It was true that his magical power had progressed under Koldo's tutelage... but not enough. Not nearly enough. He felt more like a slave than a student. He was actually rather excited to see what would be happening with this deal, they'd finally get to do something. "Reward? Well..." As tempted as he was to say "A better teacher" he could practically feel Koldo's critical and condescending eyes on him, so decided to stray from that line of thought "I... I will defer to Master Koldo about that"

Say it... say it... he could practically feel her urge to say it. The way she gazed into his eyes and held his face... but she didn't. Slightly disappointed, Galadorn mustered a smile "It's fine, honestly. I used to sleep on the ground! Anything is comfortable compared to that" He grinned. "Right. Well I think we should get ourselves a quick breakfast and head out" he opened the pantry "Uh... hmm... how does toast sound?" he asked, then musing to himself; "Probably a sort of crispy sound Galadorn... that's not what I meant and you know it Galadorn" he muttered whimsically as he got out the bread and slotted it into the toaster.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera was still asleep, her hand gently clenched around the sheets. She didn't dream, hadn't for a while, but her sleep wasn't all restful. Soon she would be forced to wake to go patrol the boundaries with Tessa. Soon, but not now.

[​IMG]
    Tessa opened her yellow eyes and yawned, her sharp teeth glimmering in the small shards of light that managed to pass through the window. Shaking out her fur, she stretched, rump in the air for a few moments before climbing off the bed and shifting back. She could have used a longer nap, but her stomach was rumbling, and she wouldn't get any more sleep while her body craved food.

Grabbing some clean clothes from the hamper, she threw them on haphazardly before running fingers through her tangled hair. She grabbed the maneuvering gear from the floor, buckling it to her waist as she left, braiding her hair out of her face as she walked towards the kitchen. The smells coming from within were delicious, and she opened the door, albeit somewhat cautiously. "Room for one more?" she asked quietly, tossing her finished braid over her shoulder.

[​IMG]
    Zack watched Adelina work with a small smile on his face as he cradled his children. The door opened, revealing his now fouth favorite person in the world. "Always." He replied with a smile, nodding towards the seat next to him. Tessa sat on the floor in front of him, wordlessly holding out her arms. He handed her Zarron, her favorite. As she cradled his son gently, he frowned. Tessa would never have said it out loud, but she was lonely, he could tell. Their late night talks had turned into nights spent with his arms wrapped around Adelina, and forages into the woods had turned into opposite patrol shifts. She still smiled at him, and waved whenever her arms, or his, weren't full, but there was a new-found melancholy that had attached itself to his friend.

"Think Veera will forget about you?" He asked jokingly, whispering over the head of his daughter. Tessa mutely shook her head, pursing her lips. "Well at least you can spend the hours before in good company." He tried to cheer her up.

[​IMG]
    Kala giggled helplessly at Galadorn's antics, then sighed. "I'm going to go into my room. And I'm locking the door." She walked up to him as he worked, her hands lightly resting on his shoulder before she withdrew. "I'll eat with you when I'm finished." She hesitated, then stood on her tiptoes and pressed a kiss to his chin, the highest part of the centaur she could reach without a step stool, or him leaning down to help her.

"Sorry." She whispered as she pulled away, stepping back into her bedroom, and true to her word, locking the door. Regardless of how much she lo-trusted
    Galadorn, she could never condone another being to watch her feed. It seemed....abhorrent. Hell, ever since they had returned, a slow pit of self loathing had been growing, mingling with the guilt of her actions to cause a depression of sorts. She managed to keep it down, pushed away, but every so often, especially at times like now, it would surface, reminding her what she truly was.

She sat by the sill, opening the window, and remaining perfectly still. After a few moments, a small sparrow landed. Quick as a snake, Kala snatched the creature and pressed her lips to the feathery chest, her eyes shutting as the heart beat wildly for a few moments, then stilled. She set the small body gently on the floor, pressing her fingers to her lips as she beat down the guilt once more.

When her eyes opened, they glowed a little more brightly then before. She knelt down, her shaking fingers gently brushing the feathers down before she cradled the tiny body in her hands. Grabbing a matchbox from the plethora she kept in her dresser, she placed the tiny being inside, shutting it and grabbing a match from a fresh box. Lighting it, she set the occupied one on the window and set it on fire.

As it burned, the breeze carried away the smell of burned feathers and meat. The wind was flowing away from the village, so no one should know. She had been careful for a lot longer then this, she wouldn't allow herself to get caught now. Waiting until the evidence was gone, she inhaled and gently blew away the ashes, leaving only a scorch mark behind.

Getting up, she pressed her hands to her cheeks and took a deep breath before exiting the room, hesitating for a moment; feeling lost. "I'm done." She whispered, grabbing her hood from its place on the chair and yanking it over her head, pulling it down so her face was hidden. Her favorite hiding mechanism.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "You mistake my intentions dear Wilkin." Koldo said as he picked up a scone that his intern brought in for them. "I do not do this for the reward, nor do I do this because I think they are worthy opponents. Those half breeds won't stand a chance against the likes of us. That being said we can't let those scummy humans think we are pushovers and do things just because we were asked. They will pay for our service and pay for it dearly. Now it is just what we want to ask for it, our lives are pretty good here, don't you think?" Koldo seemed to be amused by this whole situation as he spoke.

"Intern, this is where you will be in luck, you get to see what our magic can really do, as we take over an entire city of half breeds. I heard they have a very lovely leader that might actually be closest thing to a full breed in their little hell hole they call a sanctuary. Once I take her as my own and rip her throne from under her, perhaps it can be yours." A smile spread across his face. His intern would never take the throne, but it was fun to give him some false hope. Chances were when they were done the city would burn. No one needed the throne of a city like that.

"So gentlemen what will it be? What do we want from the human scum, and how are we going to take down this tree house that those half breeds like to call a city?"

[​IMG]
    Amber flew under the feet of Drake before he landed on her back. While his attempts to make her fall forward were good, she was better. Amber still fell, but instead of falling forward she fell to her side to knock Drake off before continuing to roll over and stand back up. Amber then began to circle Drake, a mischievous look in her eyes. Of course Amber couldn't talk in this form, but she didn't need to, her actions and eyes were all anyone ever needed to see to tell her movements, whether they were deadly or in a playful manner. In this case it was all just a game. Amber didn't care who won or lost, she just needed to unwind.

Circling one last time the leopard stopped, flicking it's tail a bit before licking her lips. She was a patient fighter. She needed to be a little more unpredictable though, and the best way she had at doing this was not moving too fast but making people question what she was about to do before she leaped on them, like she planned to in three.... two.... then Amber jumped trying to tackle
    Drake once again.

[​IMG]
    "You are continuing your preparations for lunch. I know it seems far off but think of how much food you have to have ready for everyone. I am making omelets and hash-browns for us in the meantime." Adelina instructed Chrono. Glancing out of the kitchen she saw that Tessa had joined them. A sad smile crossed Adelina's face. She really liked Tessa and could tell that she wasn't happy. Adelina almost felt bad for being with Zack so much, taking her best friend from her, but what else could she do? She loved Zack and she couldn't change that, they had two beautiful children on top of that to care for. Things were changing and she figured Tessa might just have felt left behind.

Adelina stepped to the window and whistled as a bird came to meet her. She instructed the bird to go collect flowers with it's friends and bring them to
    Tessa. After that she turned back to Chrono, resting her hand on his shoulder. "I am sure your parents are very proud of you. I know they are. They are up there smiling down on you right now. When you were born I remember your mother referring to you as her angel, and now she is yours." Adelina encouraged the boy before turning back to the food she was making.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Drake fell onto the ground with a light thud, but was quickly on his feet. Not as quickly as he would've once been, mind you, but not far behind at all. Once he was on his feet, he noticed his Queen was circling him, an all-too-familiar look in her eyes. This was the kind of look that appeared in her face when he asked her to cook only to find it with too much spice in the meal, the look that surfaced when he was told he had to do a job he would find particularly annoying...the look that Amber always had on her face moments before she had him right where she wanted him.

But this time he had an advantage. This time he had seen through her tactics. He'd countered her attack, he could do so again. She was going to circle him and probably try to tackle him again. Or maybe that's what she wanted him to think. Or maybe she wanted him to doubt her and try to prevent a different attack. Or maybe she wanted him to counter his own prediction and go with the origin- what was he doing? He knew better than to try and figure out exactly how the mind of his wife worked. Shrugging off the thought, he took a deep breath and charged forward, only to get floored by the mass of a leopard bowling him over and pinning him to the ground.

Knowing he'd lost, Drake simply allowed himself the very slightest of smirks. It had been fun, and reminded him very much of their little competitions they had once had every couple of days or so. "And what is to be the price for losing, your majesty?" he asked, deliberately stressing out the last two words before laughing ever so slightly.

14. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Koldo had completely ignored what he had said that he wanted for a reward, it wasn't exactly easy to find a cliffside near the ocean for those folks and then they'd had to build a cottage there for him. Damion's powers were terrifying true, but they were useless in enclosed spaces and in a city, even a treetop city would still have enclosed spaces and such a flaw would easily be lethal. His powers weren't as flashy or obvious but it held the greatest terrors of mankind. He could break into what people held most dear, desecrating the sanctity of one's mind. Where their deepest and darkest fears lay and where their secrets lay.

"I already said what I wanted. And no none of you are welcome." He said simply refering to his requested reward. "As for taking that city out however, they're up in the trees right? We'll smoke them out, once on the ground they're at either out mercy or that of the titans. The problem will solve itself shortly, then again no time to use our powers then I seriously don't know how those humans overlooked this idea... But hey we can always play around a bit and then torch the place." Wilkin coined, was he seriously the only one in the room trying to use his brain here. Damion hadn't said a damn thing or offered up any explanation and Koldo was just stuck with his head up his own arse so far he only heard half of what was being said. Lexander was being Lexander. He took a pair of scones and kicked his feet onto the table. "So if that's all, I'd like to get going...." Wilkin said.

15. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    "The throne...?" Lexander's mind filled with endless possibilities as to what he'd do with that power. He'd make yodelling illegal, to start with. Then he'd outlaw internships. And anyone who disagreed with him would be thrown off the tallest tree in the forest. It would be pretty epic. Also he'd ride that centaur guy around everywhere. "I agree with Wilkin, a forest fire would be such an unfortunate accident" he stated with a sinister smile. But when the man kicked his feet onto the table Lexander shot him a cold and questioning expression "Get your feet off my furniture" the teacups around the room were levitating slightly and shaking a little, evidence of Lexander's anger.

As Kala left, Galadorn knew what she was going to do. He sighed when she was out of earshot, he didn't like it, but it was how she survived. A robin had landed on the windowsill and Galadorn fed it crumbs of his toast "Oh little robin, of all the girls I could be infatuated with, why her? Why do things have to be so difficult?" He asked the creature unhappily. The robin did not respond, except to peck at the toast crumbs and start flying away "No wait, I need someone to talk to" the robin hesitated, but reluctantly stayed "Honestly I'm not sure what I really feel for her, but over these two years she's... changed me. I used to be cut off from other people, because... because I didn't want to bring them all my troubles. I wouldn't show emotion, i didn't want to show affection, because I'm immortal, and I know I'd outlive them" the robin shifted uncomfortably as Galadorn lamented. It really just wanted to get going. "And my memory only goes back... what... about thirty years? There'll come a day when I forget my first meeting with Kala. There'll come a day when I forget why I like her. But... she's worth it. Even if it all ends in tears, she's worth it. I'd forgotten what it was like, to let yourself feel everything, to enjoy every day as it goes by. And now... I don't think I can ever go back to those days when I was just a machine" Galadorn sighed and leaned on the window by the bird. The robin could sense the pain in Galadorn's words and gently patted him on the back with a wing, before fluttering away. For a moment longer he just sat there looking out among the trees where the birds flew without a care in the world. He vaguely remembered a time when he'd been like them, perhaps it was his youth? Did he even have a youth? It didn't matter, only the present mattered. Suddenly Kala returned, he turned to her with a smile "Peanut butter, your favorite" he stated as he handed her a plate of toast.

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera stretched, then rolled over on her side. She needed to get more sleep, but her mind was too busy with its thoughts. Everything had been so quiet, she was sure that something would have happened by now, if not to keep the karmic balance of the universe in check. But it remained peaceful, and though she knew she should be grateful, she found herself only growing more suspicious. Shutting her eyes, Veera tried once more to fall back to sleep.

[​IMG]
    Tessa smiled at Zack's joke, and then returned her attention to the small child in her arms. Zarron slept peacefully, his tiny face the picture of innocence. Tessa kissed his forehead gently, enjoying the sweet smell of his hair before raising her head again. "What's Adelina making?" She asked, as a small flock of birds came through the window. They dropped a small rain of flowers around her, causing her eyes to sparkle and her face to light up in a smile.

She gently gathered the plants with a murmur of thanks to the birds before letting
    Zarron rest in her crossed legs, weaving the flowers into a crown. "It smells good." She said, loud enough for the fairy to hear. Her eyes were shining with gratitude, and she forgot for a moment how lonely she was as she put the crown on her hair, letting it fall askew as she brushed her hair over her shoulder.

[​IMG]
    Zack smiled as Tessa's expression lightened considerably when the flowers rained down upon her. He waited until Adelina looked his way before mouthing, "Thank you." To her, love shining out of his eyes. He had wanted to marry her, long before this. But it wasn't right. They couldn't stay where they were, in the small house, as a married couple. No, he had to get her a home. And when the time was right, he would. It just...hadn't been right. He sighed, looking down at Zelina. "What do you think?" He whispered to her. She murmured and snuggled back into the crook of his arms, prompting a smile from himself.

Tessa was watching him when she looked up, looking like a fairy herself, with her crown of flowers and her hair tangled. "I have no idea, but it'll be great. Hopefully enough to get you through the watch." She made a face, then nodded, glancing towards
    Gale before back down. "You should do it." She whispered to Zarron, and Zack's cheeks flushed. He knew she wasn't talking to the baby, or herself.

[​IMG]

That smile. She couldn't help but return it, taking the platter from him and staring down at it before grabbing a piece of the cooked bread and biting into it. "I really don't deserve you, you know." She murmured, setting the platter down on the counter and leaning against it as she ate. She didn't want to despair. He was trying, and trying really hard to get past what she was. He was still here after two years, right? Her eyes, a brighter blue, stared at the floor for a moment as her depression and her will battled it out with each other.

"I've been thinking...and not about the bed, but it is about the bed..." She paused, swallowing the rest of her toast before continuing. "I..." Pressing her hands to her cheeks, the hood of her cloak fell back, the sunlight hitting her face. She flinched, but continued on, before she lost her courage. "I don't know that there's any others like me, but.... but maybe the library has something." Her voice started out strong, but ended in a whisper. She felt so vulnerable, and although this was
    Galadorn, it was still hard to talk about her weakness like it was the weather. Because it isn't. You kill people. You killed the k-"So..." She spoke, cutting off her thoughts. "I was thinking, maybe after duty, I would try to read up on something. Maybe see if I can feed another way. Because..." She looked down at her hands, imagining the blood that stained them.

Because I'm slowly beginning to think starving to death would be better then being a day without you. "Because..." She bit her lip, trying to force the words out. Pulling a tooth might have been easier.

"Because I need..." Why is this so HARD?!

She clenched her hands, determined. If
    Galadorn was going to try, then she could too. "Because I need you!" She nearly choked on her tongue, but the words made it out of her mouth, and once they did, they didn't seem to stop. "I need you to hug me and hold me and I want to kiss you so badly I've almost done it, but I can't live without you. I'm so terrified that one misstep and you'll be gone and the last thing I'll have is your life inside my veins but even that will become me and I would kill myself if that happened and Idon'tknowwhythisissohard." She stopped, breathing hard as she pressed her hands to her cheeks, trying to calm herself. "I don't want to be who I am." She said helplessly. "I don't want to have to kill so I can live. My life isn't worth theirs."

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Hearing Adelina bring up his preparations for lunch lead Chrono to start considering just what it was he was going to make for dinner. He couldn't exactly jump to how to prepare it, what he would need and how many serving to make if he didn't know what he was going to make. He would need to start looking and trying to figure out what it was he needed.

Feeling Adelina's hand on his shoulder, he turned to face her before giving her a warm smile a her words. Hearing that was encouraging to know. She thought of me as her angel, I certainly can't let them down now. The desire to that strengthen within him. "Thanks."

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Wilkin do not assume that your idea will work the way you think it should. These people might be incompetent half breeds but they still have powers, ones that we do not know. We should be prepared for anything. If one person say has weather magic, simply smoking them out won't work as well as you think." He warned Wilkin. He admitted that he thought highly of himself, but so did these men. They couldn't conceive the fact that perhaps their first plan might not work and they would have to be prepared with other plans. "Besides with my dear sister not returning, who knows what she has told them, what they have prepared themselves for. You need to be ready for anything, and that means more then one plan. So no you are not allowed to leave yet." Koldo kept his tone neutral as he responded except when he said the word "sister" then it was full of bitterness.

Koldo chuckled at Lexander's annoyance with the feet on the table. He wasn't going to say anything this time. Instead he would just let him get mad because in the end his dreams that were handed to him would be torn away. This was the one kindness that he could allow. If a kindness is what you would call it. Koldo was never all that kind to Lexander, and if that meant that the boy left, then that is fine by him. However for now they had to plan more for the attack. "So what else do you guys have for ideas if the first one happens to fail?" He asked.

[​IMG]
    Amber switched back to her fae form as she lay on top of Drake. "Who said I want anything. I have got all I want right beneath me." Amber stated before going down and giving him a kiss. "I had fun just playing. There is nothing else I really need. That being said I suppose it is time to head back to the city and do our jobs." She rolled her eyes slightly as she spoke.

Soon enough Amber was off of
    Drake and on her feet, offering him a hand up as well. "Sometimes I miss the days where I can just play like this with you. Though then you never expected a game. It was fun just sneaking up on you like that. I want those days back." Amber said softly, almost sad. She still didn't feel ready to be queen although she had been for two years now. That being said she didn't necessarily think Drakes favourite spot was leading at her side. He would rather be head of the scouts, but she needed him where he was, and Veera was doing a good job on her own.

"So shall we head home and get some breakfast?" She asked Drake before taking off towards the tree tops and towards home.

[​IMG]
    Adelina had made two people smile that day, that was good. Tessa seemed to be in a bit better mood, as did Chrono. All that left was finishing breakfast and her job was complete for today, besides taking care of the kids. Perhaps some of her other friends would like to visit with them too. Adelina found children tended to bring a smile to a lot of peoples faces, and she wanted to make as many people as she could smile.

Adelina soon finished up with breakfast and started to load plates onto her arms.
    "Alright Chrono, lets go eat." She told him taking four plates and bringing them down, setting the first one in front of Tessa, then Zack, then Chrono, and finally one for herself. "Zack, Tessa, would you like me to take the children so you can eat?" She offered, knowing the struggles of trying to eat when there were babies in your arms.

19. Swordsman_John Merlin's Housekeeper

Henry's pov:
    Henry Hall banner.jpg
    The last two years were pretty uneventful. He wonder if people had gotten over the fear of fae's, skinwalker, or if people turning into animals was a wrong thing like before he had to find one of the people from two years ago and ask them. People would always fight things they didn't understand. Who should he ask, he still didn't trust that someone had no idea how the king died, flame after all these years should know who to trust and who not to after what happened to him, her being a queen for two years had to teach her something.

20. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Wilkin ignored Lexander's request of him removing his feet from the furniture and merely narrowed his eyes at Koldo's remarks "Even if they have weather magic in their watered down form there is no way they can keep up against a sustained assault furthermore, you are once again not listening Koldo, instead of doing it directly I implied we could simply blend in, if they're using magic we won't stand out if we don't unleash hell. Pretend to be like them, I mean if even your sweet little sister can fit in. We should be able to pass ourselves off as outcasts as well. We just blend in, see what potential individuals have and if they have too much potential we'll remove them from the equation before burning it all to ashes, which reminds me will we get your dear little sister out before torching it or not? It'd be a shame if she died with that bunch of weaklings, she has so much more potential than that." Wilkin said, why was he the only one actually offering up any freaking ideas, sure Lexander was just being useless and didn't at all posses the ability to formulate a plan and Damion just seemed to be barely awake, which left Koldo and himself as potential formulators of plans and he knew Koldo felt himself way too high up the tree to actually think of something.

Then he had a devious little idea "
    Now that I think of it, getting in will be very easy. We'll abuse their hospitality, we'll just injure one of us." Wilkin started his eyes stopping on Lexander for a moment before he continued on explaining. "We'll go to their city, with a wounded among us begging for help. We'll just to have to make it a little convincing but they'll let us in. It'll be a walk in the park as for back up plans for quick extermination why not poison the water supply, no matter what they are, unless they're human-cactus hybrids they'll need water. They take the water, they'll get sick making for easier prey or they die outright, all depends what we feel like doing." Wilkin was quite pleased with himself with the plans he had come up with. He had met Koldo's sister a few times and he had to admit that he hadn't expect her to take this long on her mission, she should have been back for a long time now. Something must have happened to her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.