Birth by Sleep Assistance Needed with Braig

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Amaury, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I just decided to give up after two tries, but how the hell do I defeat Braig at Radiant Garden?

I went with Terra's story first, if that's any help.

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Been a while but I do remember there is a lot of guarding except for a few moves that just can't be blocked well because of blocking mechanics. That is to say that Terra will turn to face the last attack but if Braig fires a shot but moves behind you to fire again you can't block that. As well as a charged shot that will explode on contact.

One of the big things about this battle is to try and stay close. If he gets too far away then he'll easily teleport away from spells and reflected shotsand of course if you get close enough you can go with meele per Terra's specialty. Though obviously if you need to wait on a command to charge or otherwise don't think it wise to close in then keep your distance where it is simpler to block or dodge.

For help more than that it would be nice to know what you find particularly troubling about this fight. And as always you may find it helpful to watch some Youtube videos to see how to deal with the various circumstances he'll put you through.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's the fight in general.
    When I try to attack, he teleports.

I did notice that he has a very similar attack pattern to Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts II, where he's vulnerable when reloading.
    However, it's still just giving me problems, and this is in Standard Mode.

Also, I'll take a look on YouTube.

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I didn't find him to be all that bad to hit. But then again people say the same thing about Xigbar and I found him to be the easiest Org XIII fight.

If you have trouble closing in for an attack try loading your deck with a few spells to try and hit him from a distance.

5. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

It was actually pretty fun once I got the hang of it. He's almost like in KH 2. I wouldn't go with a lot of blocking, since he loves to teleport behind you and get cheap shots. Dodging and running were my main things. it takes a lot of time to actually beat him, but when he teleports up and does that sniper thing...running a complete circle is a good way to avoid them since they're not blockable. Like everyone else said, he leaves himself vulnerable when he reloads. Keep a few cure's handy and plug away with a basic combo. Commands usually leave you vulnerable for a little time afterwards.

It's been a while since I've beaten him...

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

So I found a video:

[video=youtube;JMBmlJ2sPVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMBmlJ2sPVs[/video]

However, where did that player even get Cura and Firaga?
    I still only have Cure and Fire.

He also has different Keyblade abilities than me.

7. Krowley Moderator

Cura is made by melding 2 cures together. You can find Cure in a chest in Yen Sid's tower, Winning the LoD Command Board, Moogles, etc.
    Firaga is made by melding 2 Firas. Fira is made by melding 2 Fires. (Meaning, you need 4 fires)
    Again Fire can be found by defeating Red Hot Chilis and Moogles as well. just meld commands together and you can upgrade your commands.

If you don't know which commands to meld to get your desired results, use this chart;
    http://wikicheats.gametrailers.com/Kingdom_Hearts:_Birth_by_Sleep_-_PSP/Meld_Commands

It's pretty handy.