Another

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Jayn, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Warning; Death, blood, horror.
    Also I apologize if this thread exists, I tried to search.

Anyway, the series isn't over yet.

I was originally not going to watch this anime because the first episode was awkward, in my opinion, and didn't exactly leave my feeling curious about the series. I thought it was going to stay awkward and creepy but non-exciting. I feel I should explain how I choose what anime to watch. When I finish a series, I watch a lot of first episodes. I mean like 20+ first episodes. The ones that I enjoy the most, I put priority into watching. Occasionally, I'll watch an anime due to hype. However, RvR and a couple of others told me it picked up and actually became interesting so I gave it a go.

I don't even know how to describe my feelings.

It turned into one of those animes that I couldn't stop watching. I started about a week or two ago, and spent nearly an entire day involuntarily catching up with the series. It became gripping and interesting to me to the point of just, oh gosh.
    WHO IS DEAD.

Anyway, I really enjoy this series. It's pretty dark and...shockingly disturbing, but I really enjoy a good horror anime so I highly recommend it if any of you are as into that sort of thing as I am.

Part of what made it so entertaining for me, also, was probably the fact that I was watching it with someone and we're highly dramatic people and there were a lot of high-tense scenes that made us flip together.

There are definitely some parts that are a little confusing (or something you'd yell at the character for), but it's made up for by the fun of it, in my opinion.

Anyone have any thoughts on the series? If you're thinking about watching it, do that so I can freak out with you.

2. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Oh God, I love this anime! The soundtrack is like Silent Hill that gets you into the mood. I love that the same anime studio as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is animating this. The teacher (I forgot her name) looks like Adult Mikuru Asahina (maybe 1972 is her real time dun dun dunn!). So far into the series with 2 left (if your watching it as a free user at Crunchryroll) I am excited for the finale!
    There is a Live Action movie coming out on August in Japan. :D

3. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Looks interesting I'll try watching it! I haven't watched anime in awhile mainly because I can't really immerse myself in it anymore (too many real life stuff) so maybe this one with its dark themes will hold my interest!

4. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Who is dead?

Oh, I just adore this anime so far~ I adore the music and character design! Kow Otani really knows how to set the mood, his music just engulfs you, haha. I also like the unusual opening theme, which was done by the band Ali Project. The ending theme is so pretty too~

Is it bad that I laughed at almost every death that occurred? Especially the "Deaths of May" and the "Deaths of July"? Maybe it's because I have a sick sense of humor. Besides that, I also find the anime to be disturbingly cute! The relationship between Mei and Kōichi especially. I also the crushes people seem to have, adorable. Yūya, for example, seems to have a crush on Ms. Mikami, hehe.

The most recent episode had me on the edge of my seat! I won't say anymore, due to spoilers, but just...Oh my god!

I plan to buy the Novel and Manga series, I need more horror books/manga to read, anyway.

5. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Welp, my mind is full of fuk.

[​IMG]

How is this not him? They look pretty similar to me. It's just some random guy who killed her? I mean if that's really true then this ending was just.... what.

I dunno. It was an entertaining series, but I didn't really care for the ending. The only good part of it was the Mei and Akazawa fight that led to Akazawa's death which was... actually really beautiful. I'm fine with Reiko being the other (though it wasn't my prediction) but yeah. I just felt this episode was just one big clusterfuk of what and why.

Also why was that old lady killing people? Did I miss something?

plshelpme4eva

6. Jayn

RvR, I agree with like, everything. I didn't understand why the old lady was killing people or how two teenage boys couldn't properly defend themselves against her. I figured it just had something to do with the whole curse thing altering their minds.

And it was so obviously him. There's like...No doubt about it, to me. I was hoping to get some explanations but NOPE.

This last episode was really anti-climatic to me. I was really excited for it alllll week, so this was pretty disappointing. I wasn't expecting Reiko to be the extra at all, and it almost adds onto my disappointment because I don't care enough about Reiko for it to affect me. It's just like, "oh."

Misaki has pissed me off ever since we were introduced to her death-seeing-eye. I was hoping there would be a reason for her being so elusive and passive, besides the eye thing, but in the end she was just ...Misaki. And she knew who the dead person was, but didn't tell him to spear his feelings WHICH WAS RIDICULOUS BECAUSE SHE LET HALF THE CLASS DIE BEFORE SHE FINALLY SAID SOMETHING.

I don't know. This 'finale' left a bunch of blanks to be filled in and I'm rather disappointed with it, especially (as RvR stated) if Reiko was just killed by some random dude and there's no season two, which Misaki's mysterious smile at the end leaves room for.

7. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Well, I found that episode a huge disappointment. I was really hyped up for it, eagerly waiting as the player loaded. Bah. The only good part, in my opinion was Akazawa death, I thought it was really beautiful. Confused about the old woman killing the students though, she didn't have a reason as far as I'm aware. Maybe she just snapped.

There was blanks which I should've been filled in. Hopefully there will be room for a season 2. Also, Mei's smile at the end. Very mysterious.

8. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Personally, I think it tied everything up and made it make sense at least, which was cool. (people are saying there were a bunch of holes, but I'm talking about the 'missing dead person' and the whole year and a half ago thing and why people didn't remember it - or there were blank patches for the characters etc - they at least tied that up).

Other than yeah... the one who kill Reiko a year and a half ago. He looked way too much like Sakakibara.
    But still... I'm content with the fact they pretty much wrapped it all up, and Akazawa's death was really sad... but... yeah. I can't complain much really.
    I mean, the way it ended was kinda just like... "Oh... that's it?" but... it also worked for the anime I think. I mean, it did leave you with that feeling of... 'where could they go from here?' The characters themselves would be feeling that too.

Season 2? Somehow I think there won't be... but if there is... it'll be interesting to see, albeit I'm not sure where they would go from here. The curse has been lifted. I mean sure they could go into the other stuff about who killed Reiko first etc, but... yeah. I dunno. We'll just have to see.

9. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Again, sorry about the double post/bump... but since I post a fair bit in this section, this seems to happen often.
    Anyway, some new stuff for you wonderful forum people-

Just letting people know that an OVA episode has been released. (For some reason, some people I know missed it or had no idea, so I'm just dropping this here for those of you who might also have missed it).
    It's pretty interesting in it's own way, so it's worth watching.

Here is a link just in case people have trouble finding it, but it should be pretty easy to find if you want to use a more familiar site for yourself:
    http://www.gogoanime.com/another-ova-1/2

10. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

Thanks for this, Bushy. Will give my thoughts on it and such when I finish watching.