Anime Kill la Kill

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bite the Dust, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

scattered little notes:
    1. I LOVE THE OPENING
    2. the ending gives me life. mako mankanshoku gives me life.
    3. that bath scene was so uncomfortable
    4. ah yes we finally hit the nge
    4a. [​IMG]
    4b. what a hot but horrible (but hot) mom

So Life Fibers are basically aliens and Senketsu is an artficial alien built by Pops Matoi to destroy the Life Fibers. That explains why he's able to absorb them after Ryuko defeats her opponents. Is he cleansing the Life Fibers of Lillith's the Original Life Fiber's influence? Is he becoming more susceptible to it and would get controlled if he ever goes near it? Who knows.

Dat bath scene. Was Ragyo really helping Satsuki control Junketsu more easily, or is it just gonna help Junketsu take control over Satsuki more easily? Satsuki is clearly against being a bottle for a ball of yarn and their opposition is growing more and more in the open. Someone on Reddit I think commented about this, but they pointed out how when Satsuki went to talk to Ragyo pre-Battlefield Trip, Ragyo said "You wear it well" and that now knowing what we know about her & the Life Fibers, she may have been talking to Junketsu. And we finally have solid confirmation Junketsu is totally bad for Satsuki, and that she's been pushing herself hard to stay on Ryuko's level.

With the Cultural & Sports Festival coming up, will the allegiances be made out in the open? Will Ryuko and Senketsu meet Ragyo? Will Nui show up and screw with Satsuki and Ryuko more (probably definitely)?

COMING FOR YOU FRIDAY
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  2. Jin うごかないで

I just finished catching up with this yesterday; Heard so much about this Anime since its release wow. It's good but wow such fan service a

3. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Don't know if Senketsu's hability to absorb life fibers is due to it's special making or because all Kamui are able to do it (never saw Junketsu doing it, but Satsuki doesn't fully fight against gokus like Ryouko)... It is possible, and it makes sense, but also we need to remember that Kamuis are special because they have many of those "Banshi" that most goku uniforms only have one, the bashi is a life fiber that has the will of becoming a cover , so a Kamui must be made of countless gokus that are defeated and assembled together, Gokus on the other hand only have one "Banshi".. so this can be a universal trait of kamuis (to eat others life fibers)...

4. Plums Wakanda Forever

I'm pretty sure there is no law on this Earth that allows Ragyo to even be within 500 miles of Satsuki. Or Ryuko. Or anyone, tbh. She is so awful but younger her was so hot. Pops Matoi being Pops Kiryuin shouldn't have been much of a surprise, but dat back cracking. AND BABY RYUKO AWWWWWWWWWWW. That Ultimate Kamui looks horrifying, and Satsuki (and maybe Ryuko) look like they're gonna be the batteries :C

E4 in NUUUUUUUUDISTO BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH was great, and Gamako is adorable as hell. If they end up getting married & having kids, those kids are gonna be hilarious and SWOLE, and it will be great. Poor Senketsu though. :C I'm sure Ryuko will overcome this dark spot in a while. People have been saying she's a bad protag for saying all that to Senketsu, but considering her presumably dead and totally awful mom tearing her heart out, watching herself get fixed up without a scratch, learning that her girlfriend biggest rival is her sister, and discovering she's half Life Fiber like World's Worst Mom...it's pretty reasonable, imo.

And satsuki just needs a month long spa vacation, I feel so bad for her. TOENAIL BAKUZAN was so raw though, Satsuki for Best Woman 2014. Also, apparently people have been talking about this being a hint of someone dying in episode 21, which is either "21 I die" or "21 one die." If Mako dies, part of me is gonna die. You can't kill off best girl. ;~~~~~~~;

Also curious, who is everyone's favorite characters so far? What's your favorite track on the OST?

5. Fellangel Bichael May

Oh boy way too many to count. I think every single character deserves a place. They all have a place in my favs.

The theme song and also the new opening are my favorite songs so far in KLK.

THE TWISTS DOE

6. Hayabusa Venomous

The cast in Kill la Kill is seriously so great, I couldn't say there isn't someone I like (except for that one filler girl in one of the earlier episodes.)

I love Ryuuko when she's not being a moody bitch (ahem episode 19,) because I enjoy her positive attitude and snarky remarks, especially toward Satsuki.

Also, Satsuki. She's got the kind of calm demeanor fueled by conviction that works well to me, and I love seeing her get genuinely angry.

And the second question....really? REALLY?

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

GUESS

Real talk tho shoutout to my dog I mean monkey for helping me understand what "The Champion" (ENFP) means to me. Sounds weird but I really do think his character helped me figure myself out a little bit.

Trumpets of Conquest

stg if this soundtrack gets an English release, I'm renaming this track to Trumpets of Conquest. IT'S JUST MY HEADCANON I CAN'T HELP IT.

8. Mysty Unknown

I hope there have been positive things about me in this here thread. I wouldn't want to take away any stars from anyone... or lives. And if there have been far too many positive for Ryuko... well then... you'll see tomorrow...

Anyway, anime is great. I've been watching it in parts because a friend and I decided to watch it together. I think we managed to get to 12 or something last time we saw one another. One of the better animes to come out over the years.

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I binged it and caught up yesterday. I must say, this is one of the better shows I've seen in a while. As for my thoughts on all of the recent plot twists, well...
    Nova and I were actually Skyping while I watched 18 and 19, and I'd like to say a big ol' FUK YU for foreshadowing that Satsuki's sis was alive and convincing me that it was ridiculous before it happened.
    In all seriousness though, Ragyo is a huge perv and just looking at her with Satsuki gave me chills. I'm upset that Ryuko is acting the way she is, but I'm sure she'll get over it and go back to Senketsu. Every twist was so farfetched but incredibly believable somehow, and that's what I love about this show: the curveballs all hit their mark. Also, Gamako is not a thing I ship. Gamagoori cares for her like an older brother, and nothing more.

As far as favorite character and track go, Senketsu is my babe, and he is just the cutest and majorprops to him for putting up withliterally all of the shit. And my favorite song would have to be Don't Lose Your Way HANDS DOWN.

10. Plums Wakanda Forever

To answer my own questions, my favorite characters are basically a three-way tie between Ryuko, Mako, and Satsuki (tho Satsuki is still Best Woman 2k14). I usually dislike characters like Mako but she's really funny to me. I love all of her speeches and Episode 7 is still one of my favorites. Ryuko and Satsuki have a really nice dynamic, and I like that even though the pretense of their resolve is different -- Ryuko slowly building it throughout the series while Satsuki's is impenetrable, they're still pretty similar to each other.

Favorite OST track is hard to pin down. It's surprisingly really varied, so there's a lot of songs I like a lot. I'll have to say it's a tie between Blumenkranz

dese two, and I Want to Know (which sounds like a song to Ryuko from Pops Matoi which is really sad :C)

11. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

The web preview for Episode 20 is out now. And here it is

EPISODE 20 WEB PREVIEW

With the way things are going down, shit is getting motherfucking realer than real. My life fibers may or may not be ready for all of this drama coming soon.

Also, the ship is real. THE SHIP. IS. REAL. Complete with Mega Man arm cannon/vacuum that becomes totally useless after Ryuko wakes up.

Oh, and to answer the questions from earlier:

Favorite Character: Gamagoori because of his one set size: Bigger than you.
    Favorite OST Track: A tie between "Blumenkranz" and "Before My Body Is Dry"

12. Hayabusa Venomous

I think I need to do a certain character some justice: Senketsu.

Out of all the great supporting characters, Senketsu is the best one, even exceeding Mako for me. Ryuko not only needs Senketsu to empower her physically, but also mentally and spiritually. And yet there's still room for Senketsu to be his own character, rather than just being a plot piece for making Ryuko look better. He wants to see the defeat of tyrannical characters, and even after being told the purpose of his very creation, he has the conviction to attempt to carry out his own goals, though he goes through his own existential crisis.

Episode 19 had one Senketsu's best moments so far:
    Senketsu holding the red Scissor Blade in his mouth and pulling Ryuko out of the rubble. We visually see him care for her and struggle with his own physical state to see her taken care of.

Broketsu is best bro.

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

[​IMG]

:') :') :') this show :')

This scene was heartbreaking & a nice overview for Ryuko's character. While she's said before she just wanted to talk and get to know her dad, we really get the sense here that she yearned for a normal childhood. She wanted to actively feel a parent's love & lead a happy life. Instead, she's had a dad who, while not meaning to do so, abandoned her, a sister she didn't even know and fought a lot, a half-sister that killed her dad, and the shittiest mother in existence. Ragyo knew all of this and took advantage of it in the worst way possible.

At least Junketsu is still kinda relevant.

ON THE FLIP SIDE BEST WOMAN IS WEARING BROKETSU AND DUAL WIELDING BAKUZAN. If Satsuki's theme plays when they transforms, yooooooooooooooooooo.

SO HYPE FOR SENKATSUKI VS RYUKO KIRYUIN THURSDAY PLS COME FASTER

14. Plums Wakanda Forever

My heroine is back, Nui's ass flew and I'll be goddamned if Ragyo's won't too.

where to even start

The first minute and a half before the OP was so uncomfortable. I thought it was bad before, but yeesh. I wish I could live my life without knowing Ragyo tongues Nui every now and then. And that she apparently sucks (there is no goddamn way to not accidentally pun with these Kiryuins s2g) compared to Ryuko. Hououmaru looked like such a qt pie though, awww.

Satsuki not syncing with Senketsu wasn't surprising considering, well, Satsuki, but it was rad seeing her use all of Senketsu's forms like that. Blade Gale/Senjin Shippu was tight as hell. AND THEN NUDIST BEACH SATSUKI going toe to toe with Nui, and then she & the E4 cutting off her theme with the Holy Trumpets. I always wanted to see Ryuko kick her ass, but not like this. Never like this. :(

THOUGH LET ME TALK ABOUT MAKO

MAKO MANKANSHOKU

MAKO "lol, death flags" MANKANSHOKU.

There were like three times this episode where I thought she'd get killed. I was a little relieved after Senketsu put himself on her, but then
    [​IMG]

no

[​IMG]

n o

RYUKO RIPPING OFF JUNKETSU WHILE IT WAS ATTACHED TO HER SKIN was so raw and perfect for her character. Ryuko is reborn, and Nui's about to get her saprkel ass stomped. I'm somewhat concerned about the Shinra Koketsu and Ragyo & the Giant JPEG Artifact, but for now Ryuko is back, Satsuki's still best woman, Mako is alive, Broketsu saved the day, and our Way Status is intact.

15. Krowley Moderator

Well I just caught up on all the episodes since yesterday. I can see why people are enjoying this, despite all the ecchi.

Favorite tracks for me would be "Don't lose your way," "Ragyo's theme" (My god, I could just walk into a room while this plays) and "Sanageyama's theme.

Favorite character is Gamagoori. I just love his commitment and over reaction to everything.

@Nui Harime
    HOW THE HELL AM I LIKE RAGYO?!

16. Cherry Berry Chaser

Trumpets of conquest is definitely one of my top favourites at the moment. Blumenkratz and Don't lose your way also hit the top 5 tracks of this anime ;D

Also
    [​IMG]

was I the only one who was kind of hoping that Mako would use and use kamui Senketsu to battle it out with Ryuuko? ;3

17. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Since I haven't been able to find translations for the full song, and because I have a lot of time on my hands, I figured I'd post a translation of the full version of "ambiguous" by GARNiDELiA, along with the Kanji and Romaji because why not?

運命の意図を 断ち切った その先に..

背伸びしていたんだ
    靴擦れだらけの 狭い 世界で
    ランウェイを歩く笑顔の裏側
    隠したつもりで

だけど いつも 君には
    見抜かれてしまっていて
    こんなのは はじめてで 戸惑うけど

他の誰にも 着こなせない
    なんだか わかんない 熱さが 胸を焦がすから
    運命の糸 手繰り寄せた その先に
    今 新しい夜明けが来る

かじかんだ指で ずっと 探してた
    煌めく 世界の
    答は いつだって ティーカップの中
    映っていたんだ

火傷しそうな 温度
    甘すぎるし 苦すぎる
    自分達だけの美学(フレイバー) 飲みほして

あの日 君が 教えてくれた
    なんだか わかんない 熱さが 頬を伝うから
    それぞれの想い 絡み合った その先に
    今 新しい夜明けが来る

この愛おしい 世界を 守りたいだけの
    たった それだけの 無茶な きもち
    だけど 一縷の望みは 君が 今 隣にいること

他の誰にも 着こなせない
    なんだか わかんない 熱さが 胸を焦がすから
    運命の糸 手繰り寄せた その先に
    ほら どこまでも続く未来

今日も 君が 教えてくれた
    なんだか わかんない 熱さが 頬を伝うから
    それぞれの願い 絡み合った その先に
    今 新しい夜明けが来る

想いは きっと ひとつ

unmei no ito o tachi kitta sono saki ni...

senobi shiteitanda
    kutsuzure darake no semai sekai de
    RANUEI o aruku egao no uragawa
    kakushita tsumori de

dakedo itsumo kimi ni wa
    minukarete shimatte ite
    konna no wa hajimete de tomadou kedo

hoka no dare ni mo kikonasenai
    nandaka wakan'nai atsusa ga mune o kogasu kara
    unmei no ito taguriyoseta sono saki ni
    ima atarashii yoake ga kuru

kajikanda yubi de zutto sagashiteta
    kirameku sekai no
    kotae wa itsudatte TIIKAPPU no naka
    utsutte itanda

yakedo shisouna ondo
    ama sugirushi niga sugiru
    sou jibun-tachi dake no bigaku (FUREIBAA) nomihoshite

ano hi kimi ga oshiete kureta
    nandaka wakan'nai atsusa ga hoho o tsutau kara
    sorezore no omoi karamiatta sono saki ni

kono ito'oshii sekai o mamoritai dake no
    tatta sore dake no mucha na kimochi
    dakedo ichiru no nozomi wa kimi ga ima tonari ni iru koto

hoka no dare ni mo kikonasenai
    nandaka wakan'nai atsusa ga mune o kogasu kara
    unmei no ito taguriyoseta sono saki ni
    hora doko made mo tsuzuku mirai

kyou mo kimi ga oshiete kureta
    nandaka wakan'nai atsusa ga hoho o tsutau kara
    sorezore no negai karamiatta sono saki ni

omoi wa kitto hitotsu

Before we sever fate's intentions...

I've been overdoing things
    Wearing out my shoes in this cramped world
    I walk the runway behind a smile
    With hidden intent

However, you seem to always
    See right through
    This is the first time and I have no idea what to do

No one else can wear it well
    Somehow, I don't know why, heat burns our hearts
    But before we drag the threads of fate
    A new dawn will come now

I've been looking for the sparkling world
    With numbed fingers
    The answer always lies reflected
    Inside of the tea cup

The heat could burn you
    It's too sweet to be too bitter
    Our own aesthetic (flavor) makes me want to drink it

You told me that day
    Somehow, I don't know why, heat flows down her cheeks
    But before our feelings intertwine
    A new dawn has come now

You want to protect this world you dearly love
    With just your reckless feelings
    But now a ray of hope stands beside you

No one else can wear it well
    Somehow, I don't know why, heat burns our hearts
    But before we drag the threads of fate
    Look, at our never-ending future

You told me today
    Somehow, I don't know why, heat flows down her cheeks
    But before our wishes intertwine
    A new dawn has come now

Our thoughts are now as one

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

I WILL TRIGGER OMG.png

Believe me, I will.

This is long so I'm splitting it into separate spoilers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IF WE'RE HITTING THE GURREN LAGANN REFS IT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN FOR NUI

[​IMG]

yea

[​IMG]

YEA

[​IMG]

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

[​IMG]

"I'M THE GRAND COUTERIOR, DAMN IT"
    "yea that's exactly why i did it"

BLESS YOU BASED RYUKO
    MAY YOU NEVER LOSE YOUR WAY EVER AGAIN

And like, at first I thought "wow this is GREAT but she'll probably just get her arms ba--"

[​IMG]

THEN I LAUGHED SO HARD I ALMOST CHOKED ON MY FOOD
    This was so immensely satisfying I ended up looping the scene another three times before I continued watching rofl. Nui getting WRECKED is probably going to be my most memorable scenes about this anime tbh.

AND RYUKO DUAL WIELDING SCISSOR BLADES. I guess that the power of the individual blades is weakened significantly without the other one, which explains why Nui survived the impalement and Ragyo was able to just slap her forearm back on her body back in Episode 19. Also explains how Nui's eye must have stayed destroyed by Isshin, since he had only just split them apart for the first time. Whatever the case, Ragyo is in for some HURT.

[​IMG]
    suck it junketsu

[​IMG]

I can't believe the Club Presidents came back. I guess that explains where they went, but I didn't actually think we'd see them again. HoT will probably be very pleased. :b Iori did get a bunch of Life Fibers back, so the Honnuji army is probably gonna get re-dudded in the coming episodes. Though I wonder how he's gonna do it since the bulk of the Sewing Club is under Ragyo's contro--

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    OKAY NEVERMIND. That was probably the most GAR scream in this show. Which is unbelievable considering Sanageyama is basically the Shounen Hero.

I am worried about Satsuki thinking of putting on Junketsu again. She, Ryuko, hell, everyone on the boat, acknowledges it's a total monster and would eat her alive if she tried to don it again. Hopefully the Senketsu/Ryuko infusion will stop it from going on a rampage, but with two episodes left, Shinra Koketsu nearly complete, Satsuki changing her way and giving a shonen speech last episode...death flags are raising up for Best Woman ;~;

SPEAKING OF WHICH

[​IMG]
    Satsuki in a trenchcoat, anime has truly been saved. Her speech was really touching, and even Ryuko was moved by it. Since she first gave off signs of going against Ragyo, I was a tad worried Satsuki wanted to take over the world herself, but I'm glad she's not doing that. Selfless end goal, selfish means to get there. And I did like that she acknowledged she was acting a bit like Ragyo in terms of using people (even though Ryuko was being a bit of a jerkass in this scene).

[​IMG]

:') she called her ryuko :') :') :')

Also

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

satsuki omg.jpg
    amazing

NOW FOR THE CUTEST PICTURE IN THIS DAMN SHOW

[​IMG]
    everything about this is perfect
    mako croquettes
    sukuyo supports gamako hell yea

There's an OVA of Kill la Kill coming out in September, and I really hope it's a slice of life. The character interactions are all really enjoyable, and I just really wanna see more of what they're all like during their down time. Tsumugu trying to flirt with Satsuki and Nonon brawling with him over it is an excellent image and pls let it happen.

https://mediacru.sh/1-8fyLRzxuYW

I was always expecting this at some point, but it was still so great to see. And Junketsu with Senketsu's powers, Double Blade Gale transform pls. Honestly, I didn't think this episode could have a better moment, but then:

[​IMG]

"who is"

[​IMG]

"YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

[​IMG]

[LONGEST FLAVOR FLAV "YEA BOI"]

If Ryuko is the carrier of Gurren Lagann references, Nui must be the NGE because:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    d-does she have the power of the spiral

Also,
    [​IMG]

Rei "I don't get paid enough for this shit" Hououmaru
    probably gonna be killed by Nui soon

Overall, this episode was excellent and I'm so pumped for the last two (and whatever unaired one the Blu-Ray will have).
    this was too happy though time for everything to go to shit lol

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

So after finally catching up, I saw episode 22 on Thursday.

I just.

I can't find anything wrong with this anime besides the explained fanservice.

Favorite characters are Satsuki, Nonon, Omiko the Tennis Captain, and Nui. I also really love Mako's Family and of course, our main two: Ryuko and Senketsu.

At first I was really reluctant because of all the fanservice, but I got over it and this quickly topped Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for me.

The characters are all amazingly designed and characterized. In fact, they do it so well that in Episode 17 when
    Satsuki back stabbed Ragyo
    it made total sense and I wasn't surprised.

Ragyo is one of the best villains I have ever seen in any anime, alongside Nui.

Also my favorite track is Blumenkranz don't even get me started.

20. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I recently just got into this and I'm caught up to the latest episode right now and I really didn't expect myself to like it as much as I do. The obvious perverted side was what threw me off the tiniest bit at first but originally, upon seeing the character designs, art and gifs on tumblr - it already had my interest. The story - especially as it BEGINS TO UNFOLD RIGHT NOW AHHHH EPISODE 16+ REALLY JUST. AHHHH. is so incredible. This is a super well written anime like it's crazy. All the characters, for me, I can have an emotional connection to whether I love them straight off the bat or I want them to die. It's just so great wow. I really can't wait for the next episode!!

My favorite character is totally Senketsu like ugh I love him so much. SO MUCH.