A Tale of the Betrayed

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Kaidron Blaze, Dec 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    One hand down, and she ducked as the other tried to scoop her up. "Buy a lady dinner first." She turned around and blasted it with a fireball, her mana getting a little low. She turned back around as the hand cut through the air towards her, running towards the nearest tree. Jumping up, she used it to spring back around and forced her flames down the blade of her silver dagger as she stabbed it. Catching the pinky finger with one hand, she kept stabbing it at until the hand bucked her off. Flying through the air, she pressed her knees together and pointed her toes out before using her hands to grab the nearest tree branch, and climb onto it.

Teliana had ended up quite high from the ground. She stared down at the hand as it zoomed off, decidedly putting some distance between its attacker and itself. Well, now the question was how to get down. Ana slipped over the edge, grabbing the branch and dangling from it as she looked down. No helping it, she was going to have to drop.

She let go, and in that instant the hand slammed into her, wrapping its fingers around her body and squeezing. She cried out in pain as her bones compressed, her body protesting against the force that tried to crush it. The fire started small, in her toes, and began to fan upwards. She yanked her shirt off and unfastened her cloak, letting both drop to the ground before they could be singed to ash.

"Let. Me. Go." She whispered, the flames glowing in her eyes as her body was consumed by the fire, her hair dancing in the warm breeze it created.

[​IMG]
    Kala narrowed her eyes and reached out to grab the girl's shoulder, spinning her around so she could look at her. "You're not from here. How did you get to this world?" She asked, her fingers tightening on the girl's shoulder. "And don't lie. I can tell if you're lying." She glanced at Lumen. "He and I have business to attend to, so if you could make this quick, that would be wonderful." She had no desire to remain here, when the truth of what happened to her sister, the real truth, was still out here. And she only needed one of them to come with her.

In fact, she didn't really need any of them to come with her, but besides the company and perhaps amusing conversation they could provide, she might need someone to take the place of her sister, wherever she was. You need to give to take. She reminded herself, eyes flicking back to
    Destiny.

"So, girl, what is it?"

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Carson was off in his own world fighting when he spotted something from the corner of his eye. One of the hands holding what seemed to almost be a pillar of flames. When he looked closer he realized that it was more than that, it was a person, it was Ana. For a moment he was not sure if he was supposed to help her or not. However in the end he decided to. Even if that pillar of flames did the trick, he would rather be safe than sorry.

As he ran towards the hand and
    Ana, the foot followed him, trying to stomp him flat. Carson was able to avoid it with relative ease. As he neared the hand Carson made a sudden halt that the foot wasn't able to. It flew over his head and stomped down right in front of him. When it did that Carson jumped onto the foot using it as a boost to push him up towards the had as he jumped from the foot. He was able to get enough height to hit the hand a few times, hopefully it was enough to make it drop Ana. Then he transformed his keyblade into a glider and prepared to catch the girl before she could fall too far.
    [​IMG]

Destiny didn't plan to stop when the boy called after her, but she didn't have much of a choice when the girl grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. Destiny slowing raised her head to look at the girl holding her shoulders, revealing the full extent of the damage to her face, other injuries still hidden under her clothing or just not visible. Destiny's cheek was swollen, and her eye black and blue. Her nose was a little puffy as well but not broken. She had a cut across her other cheek which was now bleeding once more thanks to the crash. Yet Destiny did not look broken, there was still hope in her eyes, a certain light.

"I wouldn't lie. I never lie to any one." Destiny started by stating, and it was mostly true. She almost never lied, she knew better than that. "I don't know if I am from this world or not. I don't know much about the world I am from besides what I can see from my window. Though I do know these wings mean something special, and Mr. Derrick hates them. As for how I got here, I couldn't tell you that either unfortunately. I was just sitting in my room with this stone when suddenly I felt almost a tug and then I was here." Destiny held up the Star Shard for Kala to see. Destiny's voice was calm and sweet as she spoke. She had no reason to fear these people, they had not wronged her in any way.

"But I will leave you to your business, I don't want to interrupt. Besides I should try to find a way back to Mr. Derrick before he gets too mad that I left my room when I wasn't supposed to. Perhaps if I get home quickly and explain the punishment won't be as harsh." Destiny stated before turning around to leave again. She didn't seem too worried about the punishment, though in the back of her mind she knew it was something to fear. Destiny just didn't want to worry these people or put anyone out of their way for her sake. "It was a pleasure to meet you both. Good luck with whatever you are doing." Destiny told the duo before beginning to sing once more. It helped her stay positive no matter what, just as she knew she should.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Before Lumen could much on how Kala had grabbed the girl, her face was revealed as well as the various sorts of injuries that it bore. The sight had left him speechless at first for it wasn't at all what he was expecting to see upon seeing her face. He did get the feeling that she was injured because of how she was walking, but nothing to this extent.

Before she could get very far, the next person to stop her was Lumen by grabbing her wrist. "Look, I may not know where you came from and all that, but maybe you shouldn't go back. Least not til you've healed a bit." Lumen really didn't know just what he was getting in thw way with, but he did know that this "punishment" didn't sound like something that should happen. Especially given all of the bruises she has now.

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Ana arched, her head flying back as the Heartless defied all reason and squeezed her harder. It was then that Carson came to the rescue, using some sort of keyblade attack to force the thing to drop her. She curled in on herself and extinguished the flames just before she felt his arms around her, catching her in midair.

"Well, Daddy always wanted me to find a man. Can't imagine this is how he'd thought it would go." She glanced down at the ground that was slowly coming closer, and then grabbed
    Carson's shoulder with her hand, pulling herself up just enough that she could launch another fire ball at the hand as it began to glide towards them. "I swear the other one was easier." She muttered, refusing to look at Carson. She didn't want to be rescued. She wanted to stand up for herself in a way she hadn't been able to before.

"But, well...thanks for helping me out." She murmured, her body aching from the remains of the hand's attack. She would have bruises tomorrow, most likely.

[​IMG]
    Kala frowned as she watched Lumen and Destiny interact, stepping back into the shadows to observe. The girl was either a victim, or a scrapper from those injuries. Judging by her manner, victim was more likely. Kala couldn't stand victims. The way Lumen spoke to her, he had a soft spot. So many people's downfalls were their soft spots.

Ana had never been a soft spot, not when she had been tougher then nails and just as likely to kill a man as look at him. Their father had raised them to be tough, unwilling to cater to the weak in the world they lived in. Not when one person could drag a whole patrol to hell with them, not when a single moment of hesitation could be the moment of life or death.

Not for one instant did she think Ana was dead, because for Ana to be dead would mean that Kala was alone, bereft of her last family member. And for that to happen, hell would have had to freeze over. Ana was the toughest person Kala knew, apart from herself.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Destiny had been stopped from leaving once again, this time by the boy. "I can't be gone for too long. I mean I don't want to return to him, but I don't think he can take care of himself or my mothers house properly without me there. I can't just abandon someone in need, no matter how badly they treat me." Destiny explained as she tried to square up her shoulders and stand straighter, but that hurt her ribs too much to last long. The other girl had moved away and Destiny started to question herself once again, but they weren't going to let her go too easily now it seemed. She had to think of something to say to them because things only looked bad for her at that moment.

"Isn't it just courtesy to take care of those who gave you a home and shelter and..." Destiny was about to say food by her stomach growled and she remembered she had not been allowed food that evening. It was becoming more clear that Destiny was rather naive in her way of thinking. She was very pure, and very innocent and didn't quite understand how bad her situation was.

As Destiny thought about it more however her father's letter came to mind. Her father had told her mother not to trust Derrick, so perhaps she shouldn't head back. Perhaps she should find a different life, but what would that be? Where would she go?
    "When I found this rock thing, I found a letter from my father. It told my mom not to trust Ms. Derrick, but I think he is just lonely. Should I really not go back? Is that fair to him? And if I didn't go back, where would I go?" Destiny questioned the man. If he didn't want her to go, then he better have some answers to persuade her not to go.

[​IMG]

Carson caught Ana before descending to the ground, doing his best to make a smooth landing while avoiding attacks. He didn't bother responding to Ana's murmurs about finding a boy and her father and all that stuff. Instead he just focused on getting her to safety. Once on the ground he set her against a tree and turned back to the armour. "Finish this battle or don't, it is up to you." He told Ana. "But I am going to defeat this damn thing before it hurts anyone else or destroys this world." He pledged as he was on the move again, keyblade back in hand.

Running forward Carson made sure to know where all the parts of the armour were. He didn't want them attacking Ana while his back was turned. There was still things that they needed to talk about before they went their separate ways, or didn't, it all depended on what happened. Carson charged at the foot with more force than before and was able to take out the remainder of it's health with one strong attack before moving his attention to the hand.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  6. CrownMoksha Decimo

She did have a point, it was courteous to take care of those you sheltered, but there was a limit to how courtesy that you could be. Especially if the one you sheltered is being a nuisance. It was pretty clear that her heart was in the right place with her actions, she just didn't realize that she didn't need to put up with this mistreatment.

"If it's taking advantage of your kindness, it'll be perfectly fair if you don't go back." Lumen started, before placing his had to his chin. Now where was she supposed to go. She could always stay here, but that might go better if he was still here to explain her circumstances which he couldn't do since he was planning on helping Kala find her friend and he had no idea where they last saw each other. It might just be easier if she tagged along with them. "You could tag along with us." Lumen said, having decided on the course of action. Of course this kinda required some input from Kala, which is why he threw a glance her way to see what she had to say.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Amidst the barren ruins of a once great city, Gexln wandered around attempting to find what he was looking for. He wasn't quite sure what he was looking for, exactly. Some kind of sign? An beacon of hope for his world? When it had become evident that his homeworld was doomed, Gexln had began thinking of where he could find a way to reverse the process, and The Dark Void (the world he was at) was the perfect place to start. The man with the scythe had spouted all kinds of crap about darkness, had destroyed plenty of worlds and it was there that Gexln had fought and killed the madman, so it made perfect sense.

At least, in theory it had. After walking for so long, the Nobody of the Dark was beginning to lose hope. There was nothing there other than destroyed buildings, decaying vegetation, and the mass of dark energy within a huge crater in the centre of the world. No sign, no hope of salvation, and that meant no hope for Kara either. Just as he was about to give up and head to another world, he heard a slightly familiar sound. It sounded similar to a dark corridor, but that wasn't quite what it was. It was a portal, of that he was sure, but the make of it was one he couldn't pinpoint. It didn't bother him so much...he figured that whoever made it could likely tell him what was going on if he asked, and the maker was sure to arrive any second now.

8. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Ana tested her weight on one foot, then the other, rolling her shoulders before tossing her hair back. "Stay here my asss." She muttered as Carson took off after the Heartless. "No one asked you to save me, you know." She ran forward, swooping down to retrieve her dagger where it had fallen before sticking it back in her belt. Only when she was level with Carson did she halt, shutting her eyes as she pointed one palm towards the hand, the other gripping her wrist to keep it steady.

"Fly, my pretties." She murmured the palm of her hand glowing until fire darted from it in small balls, zooming towards the hand.

[​IMG]
    Kala wanted to hurt something. Something that was alive. Of course Lumen invited the victim with them. She resorted to crossing her arms across her chest, to keep from strangling either of them. You need them. She reminded herself.

"If she comes, you're taking care of her. You make sure she gets fed, clothes, medicine, whatever. She gets sick, it's on you, she fall's behind, you can stay with her." She shrugged. "I'm not a caretaker. And I'm leaving."

She turned on her heel and strode across the grass, annoyance flickering across her features. Nothing can ever be simple. She decided, one hand clenched before she gripped the wrist with the other, shaking it out. "Where are you Ana? I just need to find you so we can go home." Kala whispered, staring out at the horizon. Part of her wondered if the other two would bother to follow her. Well, if they didn't, she would just have to take what she needed.
    Destiny didn't look like she could defend herself well. It would be her, then. And if Lumen put up a fight, well....darkness tickled her mind before vanishing. She wasn't worried.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Destiny considered Lumen's words as he spoke. Could she really just not go back? Perhaps she could. Perhaps she would find her father along the way instead of just waiting at home for him to rescue her eventually. Maybe this was a chance for a better life for herself. Though she didn't care what her life was like, she wanted to help others where she could. That being said she wondered if she tagged along if she could help these people out too.

The
    girl finally spoke up after Lumen invited her along. It sounded like she almost talked about her like she was some kind of dog, not a human. Sure the wings didn't make her seem too human, but she still was one. "No one has to take care of me. I can take care of myself. I will be fine. I promise I won't drag you down. Look I even know some magic." Destiny summoned an orb of light to her hand. Using magic was natural for her, though she was never allowed to use it at home. "I hope you don't mind the magic, Mr Derrick never like it..." She said.

It was then that
    Kala turned around to leave. Destiny glanced back at Lumen before turning towards the direction that Kala was walking. She took a few running steps to catch up to the girl. Just doing that made her body ache, but she had dealt with worse before. Destiny's wings fluttered with the excitement. She barely went out of her house, and now she got to go around and see what lay beyond her window? It was just what she wished for. Destiny looked down at the stone in her hand with a smile. "Thank you." She whispered to it before tucking it away. She then looked back at Kala. "I am Destiny by the way. Pleased to meet you! Thank you for having me along." Her voice was sweet and friendly as she introduced herself. She hoped that she could eventually get on this girls good side.

[​IMG]
    "I didn't know it was a requirement that someone had to ask before someone else could do something kind." Carson replied, getting annoyed with the girl. She was too stubborn and was going to get herself killed one day because of it. Either way Carson couldn't let that get to him in the middle of the damn battle. "Finish off the hand and lets get to work killing the body before one of us gets hurt or some innocent comes around and gets themselves in trouble." Carson suggested as he turned his attention towards the twirling body.

Carson went after the body of the armour, blocking it as it nearly hit him before countering with an attack of his own. As the runes on his body took in the darkness emitted by the parts they had already killed, he felt himself get a little stronger. That would be useful but he wished so much that he didn't have to rely on the darkness for the battle. Never the less he had to do what he had to do, and at this point it was to harness what he had and shoot it off as a force of dark energy at the body of the heartless.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

Well Kala had agreed to let the girl tag along with them, provided that he takes care of her since it was his idea to bring her along. It was fair seeing how it was true, but Destiny said that she didn't need anyone to take care of her. While that was good to know, it wasn't exactly going to stop him from doing so should the need arise. "Magic's fine by me." Lumen said, moving to catch up with the two girls.

Lumen overheard his introduce herself to Kala, b though he didn't say anything due to not wanting to intrude on any potential conversation they might have. Though Kala so far didn't seem to be the most social or friendliest person that's fallen out of he sky, which so far was two, that's he's seen. Though she probably had her reason, reasons that possibly involved her friend.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Teliana rolled her eyes, keeping it hidden from Carson as she held her hand, palm out, and momentarily pressed her hands together before moving the second palm out, making a small blade of fire. You might be cute, but you have no sense of humor. She kept that thought to herself as she darted forward, sliding underneath the hand as it tried to grasp for her before stabbing it with her fiery blade. She managed to somehow keep her feet underneath her as she used the force of her slide to jump into the air, defying gravity while she flipped over the hand, contorting her body until she was once more facing the earth.

She pressed both hands to the blade, the fiery blazing hotter as she drove it down onto the wrist of the hand. The Heartless disappeared, the tendrils of darkness curling around her skin, making her shudder. The blade stayed in her hand as she turned, just in time to see the glow of
    Carson's wounds. She narrowed her eyes against it, biting her lip, suddenly unsure.

She took a step forward, then another as fear tightened around her heart. He had mentioned the runes before, but this.....This frightened her. She darted around him, eyes focused on the body of the heartless as she slid around it, whipping her leg out to move in a semi circle instead of straight ahead as she stabbed at it. She would have to confront
    Carson later. He was right about one thing; they needed to kill this before someone got hurt.

[​IMG]
    Kala glanced sidelong at the girl, already regretting her decision. "Kala. Keep up or get left behind." She replied brusquely as she strode onward. "Lumen, is there anything in this world that would explain where the victims of lost worlds go?" She called behind her, keeping her face looking forward. If there weren't any clues, she didn't care to stay. Each day that kept her from Ana was another that her sister might be lost to the same darkness Kala had embraced. If Ana was dead, if it was all for nothing...she wouldn't think about that.

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

"I don't think so. if there is, then it'd probably be in the record tomb." Lumen replied. The Record Tomb was a a place that he personally rarely stepped foot in voluntarily. That isn't to say that there weren't times where he did go in there of his own free will, in fact the times he did so there was always some sort of book for him to find and like.

Majority of the time however there was some other reason behind his going there, sometimes it was with him being watched like a hawk others with the book boring him to sleep. All that aside, the Record Tomb wasn't all that far away from where they were and Lumen did know how to get them there from here should they so desire.

13. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    Kaidron emerged from his portal wings still splayed in mid flight. He was much closer to the ground than he was in the world he just left and readied himself to land. Disturbing debris, concrete and twigs from the force of his wing beats kaidron touched ground, something just occurred to him a sence of his surroundings. He was visibly glowing only faintly but noticeably in the gloomy landscape he found himself in.
    "how very odd, a glow? It must be my own light radiating but that wouldn't happen unless this world was devoid of its own radiance."
    That was when kaidron noticed what he was standing on. It wasn't the ground per say but actually the remains of a building long since reduced to rubble and dust.
    The sky was no better, above his swirled a cluster of clouds a dark hollow sky with no ounce of light to brighten the land below. There did however look to be a star, a sun of sorts. Except it was black and pulsated as the clouds seemed to orbit it.
    "this isn't right. This world has no light let alone light form my world... Why did my portal land me here?"
    Kaidron took a few steps the sound of cracking glass breaking the eerie silence blanketing the ruin of a world.
    "Do the heartless even roam here?"
    Kaidron's inner monologues were interpreted by a noise close by. Gliding to the actual ground kaidron walked cautiously towards the noise interested at what could inhabit such a bleeck land.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Well this Kala girl seemed very cold towards her, but at least the other boy liked her it seemed. "You! You haven't-" Destiny was cut off by Kala asking the boy a question, and in that process what she was going to say became irrelevant. As they walked and Kala and Lumen talked, Destiny tried to piece together what was going on between these two people. So far what she could figure out was that Lumen had agreed to help Kala with something. What Kala needed help with was something to do with people from worlds that had been lost. And over all it was a fairly urgent situation. Destiny decided that Kala was simply stressed, and that is why she was acting so harshly, so it was okay.

As they walked Destiny began to hum to herself. She didn't want to interrupt anything between
    Kala or Lumen. She didn't want to get in the way or anger them in any way either. They were kind enough to let her come along and even explain why she shouldn't return to Derrick. They were giving her a day free of her room and her house and that was all she could ask for, so she would go along with a smile on her face, keeping out of the way but keeping up like she should.

[​IMG]
    Ana had been able to finish off the hand and help him, that was good, it was very good. He poured some of the darkness in him into his keyblade causing it to be surrounded with a dark aura, providing it with more power. Carson rushed forward and struck at the armour while it was still distracted with Ana. He wished he didn't have to let her be a target, but now he was on edge using his darkness to fight instead of keep himself going. He had to make this battle quick.

Carson had gotten several strong attacks off on the armour, bringing it close to death, however he was unable to carry on. The glow of the runes had all but faded as he backed up, grunting in pain. Dropping his keyblade, Carson gripped his right arm in pain.
    "You have to finish it off. Now!" He told Ana as he backed off a bit, pressing his back against a tree while fighting back the pain. Once the body was dead it should provide enough darkness to quell the curse for the time being, but right now he was in so much pain that he didn't think that he could go too far until it was dead.

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Ana glanced at Carson, her eyes widening slightly at the evident pain he was experiencing, but she did what she was told, without comment. Don't get used to it.She thought to herself as she ran forward. Her hands came together in front of her, creating a small fireball that grew larger with each second. She blew on it, forcing it to spin as she approached the body. Pulling her arm back, she hurled the ball at the body, an audible grunt escaping her mouth from the force her body had exerted.

"Take that, you son of a bitch." She said as the fire burned into the side of the body, the spinning flames grating on it and stunning it at the same time. In retrospect, she probably hadn't needed one of her most powerful moves, but she needed release somehow.
    Taking a step forward, she pushed her palms out, creating a half shield of fire. Running forward once more, she jumped into the air, using the shield to grate the Heartless into the ground.

She landed with an oof, stumbling back to keep her balance as the Heartless twitched, and then collapsed, its body dissipating.

[​IMG]
    Kala glanced back at Destiny, who had started to speak but stopped, then Lumen. "Take us there then. Please." She remembered as an afterthought, pulling up the hood of her cloak. The sun was too bright here, and everything was too.....nice. She didn't want to be in this world a moment more then she had to. Hopefully, this place would have answers for her, of some sort. Hopefully she would be one step closer to finding her sister.

And if she wasn't, then there was always plan B.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Well, when Gexln had gone to look for ways to restore the light within his world he certainly hadn't expected to find someone who was literally glowing. It wasn't a powerful glow, it was as though the light was fading gradually within the draconic thing's soul, but well when you had a body that was glowing with light at all it was sort of hard to miss. Holding his blade close, Gexln gradually stepped towards the creature. "The hell are you?" he asked, courteous as ever. As he was walking forwards, his foot hit a scythe on the ground. Glancing down, he immediately recognised the scythe of the madman, Dane Erapper, discarded on the ground when he had completely lost control.

This was all it took to remind the Nobody immediately of what could happen if he didn't act quickly. His homeworld wasn't just at stake, but Kara's very life was, too, and that was the more concerning matter. He hadn't found anything in the Dark Void, though he suspected there was more to the world than he knew at that time. Whether it had more secrets to reveal or not, though, was something he would have to learn at a later date. For the moment, all he had to do was stop the spreading darkness, and what better way to do that than to put a glowing beacon of light before it? He didn't know the creature though, and simply placing him in front of Kara could create all kinds of problems. Baby steps were key.

Now was not the time though. He could try to force the creature to come with him, but getting close to that much light made Gexln feel sick, and so he simply opened a dark corridor to the side of himself. "Doesn't matter who you are. I've got more important things to deal with, like saving my homeworld. You look like the kinda guy who is all about justice, salvation and all that kinda crap, so if you know anything about saving worlds then speak up now" Gexln stated. He normally wouldn't address someone in such a way, hell he'd generally just ignore them altogether, but times were desperate and so too was he.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  17. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Alright." Lumen said. They had reached a forked in the path that they were on. The paths may not have been labeled, but Lumen knew which direction was the one that lead towards the Record Tomb. Thus he turned towards the left and headed that way. As they did, he looked towards Destiny, who had been silent since deciding to tag along with them. "Is there something you'd like to add?"

Further down the path, the very top of a dome shaped building could be seen over the horizon. Other that it being in the shape of a dome, the building was pretty simplistic in design. There were a few unique designs on it, but none of which were able to be seen from this point.
    "That's it in the distance." Lumen said in case anyone had any doubts as to the building in the distance being their destination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.