1 visit or 2 visit worlds

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Iskandar, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So I was thinking, did you guys like visiting worlds only once in the Kingdom hearts series, or did you rather enjoy going to them a second time like in KHII? I kind of liked KHII a little more, but at the same time, they seemed a lot shorter compared to the other games, but when I think about it, the worlds are pretty short in general in KH3D, and I'm not sure that can fully qualify as going twice, since you only got have a need to go back to a world once, and other than that no reason at all.

2. Krowley Moderator

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I felt like going back the second round to the worlds was longer compares to the first visit. Which is good but boring depending on what world you went too.

Radient Garden, Tron, and Beasts Castle was fun the second go (from what I remember, since it's been years) for me.

And then you had Worlds like Atlantis, Pride Lands and Halloween Town that didn't have much of anything but a few heartless boss? If even that, like I said memory is vague. So to awnser you're question (if there is one) I would like way more depth in KHIII.

I love how they adapted, or I should say improved with Atlantis and Halloween town from the first game and if they have it again in KH3 I would enjoy more depth. Like Ariels story can actually move forward and have more of a story I think because of her second movie. Halloween town could use more improvemtn though, like I would enjoy a remake of the first game but I won't complain because I love Halloween town xD Or Alice in wonderland, they could make it like the book instead of the movie but that's just an opinion. Or like with Neverland, I wish we had more to explore then a clock tower and a ship. There is a whole island with the lost boys and captain hooks crew we never really got to see. So I wish they started fresh in KHII so in KHIII we can have it to where Wendy grew up and Peter got sad and yadda yadda.

4. kevz2kool Twilight Town Denizen

I really enjoyed going back to the worlds for a second visit. I liked seeing the story of those worlds move on while I was still playing the game and doing something else. In other words it wasn't just a 'you're here, here's the story, now you're done, nothing more happens' kind of thing. It gave the illusion that events actually happened without the player's knowing while that player was off doing something else. To me, that helped that much more with immersion, not that I had any problem on that front with the first game. However, I do agree with Senpai, I would love to have more depth, and particularly, if Tetsuya makes another run at The Little Mermaid, I want there to actually be a story; That was one of the biggest annoyances I had with KHII. Atlantica was there, but there was next to no point or reason for it being there.

5. Antidote Façade

I did enjoy visiting the worlds twice, but I wish they did more to justify visiting them again. Like, every world could have different missions, side-quests, mini-games, character story arcs, etc.

Well, they did expand it a little in BbS; you had the Jungle, Rainbow Falls, the Indian Camp, Skull Rock and Mermaid Lagoon. It did however feel rather wide-open and empty. I wanted to see the mermaids, personally.

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I much prefer visiting them a second time because it allowed progression, as Kev pointed out, and it also made the stories more in depth and allowed there to be more places that you couldn't visit until second time around. I just enjoyed the fact that each world had 2 stories and it didn't really make the game much longer but it felt longer and I enjoyed that. I was disappointed in KH1 when you didn't return (I played them in the wrong order) because it felt like you were basically done with that world very early on, of course you still had to return if you wanted to get all the items but it wasn't essential to the story.

Am I the only one here though that preferred the singing Atlantica to the KH1 version? I can't stand swimming and fighting, it just frustrates me to no end and the whole world was confusing and I just hate everything about it really in KH1. KH2 made it an optional extra that was a lot of fun, completely ridiculous but fun.

7. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

The only worlds i didnt enjoy going back to was Troms world. idk what it is, but i never caught on or felt hooked by that lvl in kh2. i loved it in KH3D, but in KH2 it was kinda just meh (speeds through it)
    but to answer the question, yes i liked going back to each world again. and i often did this in kh1 anyway just because, why not? :P

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Ehh, it depends on the world. Revisiting Traverse Town in KH1 and Radiant Garden in KH2 was nice, because there was a lot to do there, but the Disney worlds just felt kinda... empty. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather visit once and see more substantial content overall. Not saying KH2 didn't make it work, I just have my preferences.

9. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I enjoy revisiting a world more than once. I prefer playing through two shorter stories rather than one, as I get to feel the excitement all over again visiting a world the second time.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I'm a bit torn on it. I like the concept. Time hasn't stopped, so life in those world's goes on and you get to see it outside of just a credit clip or something. But most of the revisits felt like sidequests that were made mandatory rather than important story elements.