「❤ᴄʀᴀғᴛ」 The Official KHV Minecraft Server!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Jayn, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

2014-04-27_21.28.39.png

WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE

2. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]
    We didn't end up keeping the torch stands, but this is the view from the crater under our house floating island

[​IMG]
    ??? ??? ???

3. Jayn

project connect

{ So I thought it would be nifty to have a railroad system connecting us to each other. SynK helped me expand on the idea - and we decided to build a train station underneath the landing pad at the spawn point. There will be a series of tunnels that will branch out and connect us to everyone else.

That being said, we need a lot of stuff to make this a go. v:

I've marked some chests at the base 'railroad!'. If you come across any redstone or gold [ for powered rails ] you want to donate to help out, please put them there. Also, obvs, please don't take from these chests for anything other than helping with the railroad.

We haven't started building yet but when we do, anyone is welcomed to help us dig everything out and place the rails down. }

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I've picked up a little Gold & Redstone, plus some railroad. I don't need much of it, so it'll be in the chests in a little while.

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Silly Nate why did you set the forest on fire! :P

6. adamboy7 Traverse Town Homebody

Holy hell, I'm so in! I've been playing minecraft back sense they added the hunger bar to the PC version :D

7. Jayn

{ SynK and I are currently placing signs around to mark certain underground railroad points. We'll break these later but please don't do anything to them until we're done. v: }

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Village at approximately X:366 Z:-1018

Edit: So it seems that there's like, three of us all connected to the same cave. Pretty cool.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  9. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

Project Connect
    Update

[​IMG]

We have been busy getting project connect underway, and have built the main hub, just North of the landing pad (opposite the KHV Effigy) underground.

[​IMG]

We ware asking anyone who is willing to help to please contribute with either time or materials. Please note that it is not required to keep with the current aesthetic for your tunnels, but it is strongly suggested that you maintain the 4x4 width and height of the tunnels, as well as the floor level of 49.

[​IMG]

A small stock of supplies to get you on your way have been provided, but they are first come, first serve.
    There is no set direction for the tunnels, you may build them as you wish, with any number of additional hub points.
    How you connect these tunnels to your house is up to you, whether you want to build a substation nearby or have minecarts run right through your living room.

Good luck, and happy mining!

10. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

been waiting for a long time for this, this is awesome, however i cant play atm because broken computer :<
    hope to get a new one ASAP and play with you guys when I can, excited for this, any mods that you would be adding to the server later on?

11. Jayn

{ We're trying to set up some plugins soon, nothing specific so far though.

Also, the server host is down. I'll post when it's back up again so you guys don't have to refresh every 5 minutes like I do. v: }

12. Jayn

{ Server seems to be back up! SynK and I will be looking for new hosts tonight as well because that was ridiculous and has happened several times. v: }

13. Jayn

{ Changed hosts! Server offline atm while SynK switches everything over [ bless him because it seems to be giving him an annoying time ]. }

14. Jayn

{ Looks like we're back up! Sorry about that guys. We have a new server address so please check the chat for it. }

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

So is this just going to be survival only maps or will there be creative building maps? I'm not the greatest miner, I die ... a lot, so I often play in creative mode.

I'm all for helping out with project connect ^^

-Periwinkle

16. Jayn

{ Right now the server is survival. We toggle between Normal and Easy depending on who's playing [ like, first time players vs. veterans ]. I had an idea to do 'creative hour' at some point during the week where the server switches to creative-mode for a limited time, but yeah. We haven't initiated more events yet considering all of the host problems that should now be better. v:}

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I'm for it, but we may want to move to a less populated area of the world when we do that so all the survivor players have room to explore and build. Maybe set a separate spawn point, or set up signs or something.

18. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

You guys can't have more than one map? I believe, don't hold me to this, individual maps can have different modes. Though, I'm not gonna lie here, I'd spend more time in the creative map.

-Periwinkle
    [DOUBLEPOST=1398899181][/DOUBLEPOST]I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to set it so mobs can't harm the map? I don't mind when they blow up my stuff but when I'm running away from them and they blow up other peeps stuff it makes me feel bad and then I have to rebuild whatever they blew up.

Code:
    /gamerule mobGriefing false
    ^Does what it says. I know it's taking away from some of the experience but it's not a fun experience having yours and others things blown to smithereens, especially when you have to work for them.

-Periwinkle

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  19. SynK Destiny Islands Resident

We can take a vote, I don't particularly feel comfortable altering game mechanics like that unless everyone's comfortable with it.

20. Jayn

{ You can have multiple worlds by adding a plugin. Right now the server is vanilla so no plugins and basic survival mode. The idea of creative hour was also to allow users to build upon their creations in survival mode [ where they 'need' it ] before creative mode was turned off and promote logging in at that time if you wanted to use creative mode. Having an entire other world dedicated solely to creative instead defeats the purpose. [ Edit: The creative thing will also be optional on the main server so anyone who doesn't want to utilize it doesn't have to and can keep playing normally by toggling it. ]

If enough people are legitimately interested in a creative-only world we could have that and also creative hour in the main world.

EDIT: At the moment, the server is giving us conflict when we try to use a modded one. Which means no plugins, we're on an official server but going to try again [ taking a look tonight ]. When this is fixed, we'll look into plugins.

As for the mob griefing, give me a second to make a poll because like SynK, I personally would prefer no but if everyone wants it then okay. }

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014