❥▐ cupid's brew「ooc」

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Jayn, Apr 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Working on a post currently.

EDIT: Nevermind.

2. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Uno más por favor.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Just posted, si esto me ayudate.

4. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Now you really brought out Adrian's second personality, Hyuge.

Achievement Gained!
    Bringing out the Second Side

5. Jayn

I'm going to sleep.

Important things to know about Dreamer's Candies:

• It smells really, really, really sweet in there. Like, nearly sickeningly.
    • The Dreamer family is not present ( you won't see them yet ).
    • The candy store has three floors. The third floor has a secured gate protecting it's stairway.
    • There's basically every kind of realistic candy you could imagine. This isn't Willy Wonka's though, so don't throw in crazy experimental candy, please.
    • Trolley man is named Carman, if anyone wants to interact with him and get to know that. He's ever-enthusiastic and phrases things kind of weirdly. I'd avoid interacting with him if you don't think you can peg him correctly.
    • The floors (levels, whatever you want to call them) aren't extremely wide, but they're long. The building is kind of in the shape of a jelly roll cake. Round, long.
    • There is no one else there but you guys.
    • Don't do anything ridiculous or godmod something crazy into happening. Just be cool, look around, get some candy -- if you want. Carman insists that the candy will be free, so don't worry.
    • I'll be at work tomorrow and unless I got off early, I'll be back sometime after 3PM PST. So until then, chill and hang out. We'll do more in-depth exploring when I'm back.

6. Fellangel Bichael May

Soo...and I accepted or not? :<

7. Jayn

8. Fellangel Bichael May

O right. My bad. I just don't see my character on the main page and stuffs :P

9. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I'm going to be away from May 19th to 22nd, or May 18th to 21st for most of you probably, because I will be surfing wahoo I don't know if there will be internet but if there will be I think I'm probably going to neglect it anyway because I'll just be surfing and sleeping all day...

but yeah, you can still interact with my characters a bit I suppose, mention them etc. but yeah. Just so you guys know n w n

10. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

I updated Adrian's OOC post to settle some relaxation points for Adrian's second personality.

11. Jayn

Note: if you were in the pick up of the truck and not around tonight then you'll probably be worse off health-wise. By probably I mean you are. Lol.

So. Good luck being sick.
    Will progress you guys tomorrow morning.

12. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I regret to inform that due to a hectic schedule of, but not limited to: wrapping up certain schools projects in the 16 Work Days that remain; starting, maintaining, and expanding my RP; writing a Fan-fiction that actually happens to be one of those school projects; setting myself up for College in where I have already been accepted, among other things, I will not be able to participate in Cupid's Brew for the foreseeable future. I am not leaving kh-vids, as I should make this clear, only Cupid's Brew. The reasons be that I crash in school because I stay up to participate in important events; I'm not saying this is a problem that needs to be fixed, rather that it is my own sleeping pattern I should amend by removing CB from the equation.

My sincerest apologies to Eleven, whom I have been Role-playing most closely with.

I request but a few things: That I will be alerted when there is a load that goes back to a time when my characters were active. This time span includes events from the very beginning to the fateful truck ride with David. Also, please don't just "unexist" my characters; kill them or do whatever with them, but don't just make them disappear from the continuity. I ask this because I feel I put a great deal of effort in their progression, they at least deserve the right to have a canon ending as well. Don't feel like you need to tell me how my characters wind up, as sincerely, I do not wish to know straight away.

My Sincerest Apologies and Best Wishes,
    ~Sebax

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Mai kokorooooo~ </3

14. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

I would like to point out that this was a very drawn-out and evaluated decision. All the same, Eleven, I am most sorry. If nothing else, I can trust that through you my characters will not be forgotten immediately upon my departure from the RP. For that, ahead of time, I thank you.

Also, I was unsure if I wanted to like your reply, as I did not want to reflect that I relish in depriving Lexi and Natalie. I liked it in appreciation of your caring that I'm leaving the thread.

15. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

I guess it's understandable. And besides, you were a pretty good roleplayer. Nice working with you.

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

My lovers shall not be forgotten! B |

17. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

And besides, things did go a little ape-**** with this thread. As if nothing worse could happen.. (DO NOT JINX US JAYN. ADRIAN/MAX IS INSANE ENOUGH AS IT IS, THINKING THAT EVERY BLOODBATH IS CHRISTMAS MORNING.)

18. Saxima [screams geometrically]

* gigglesnort *

19. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

. . . . . .

20. Jayn

Jayn's Mini-Guide On Pacing & Realism ヽ(●-`Д´-)ノ

I N T R O D U C T I O N

Note: Before you read this, take a deep breath and make sure you can handle it and not be a big baby. People have the habit of making everything about them, so when you read this please try to stray from the 'OH SHE'S TALKING ABOUT MY CHARACTER' defensiveness. If you see some of these things in your character, feel free to improve or fix them, but don't victimize yourself and / or bitch, please. Improvement is a good thing! I'm guilty of some of this stuff, too. (◡‿◡✿)

xxxxxxHey kids I have to address something because some of this has gotten just a bit ~ridiculous~. I don't consider myself the best writer, at all. I would consider myself more of a story-teller than an actual writer [ this sums up some of my feelings about the difference ], as I don't really like 'writing'. So take this with a grain of salt, but some of the writers involved here, in my opinion, are a little ... over-the-top.

I'm not sure how to explain it simply. Basically, though, the crazier characters kind of ... mess up the vibe of things. It's terribly difficult to think logically in a situation or stay interested enough to pace properly and develop your own character when some people are all 'WHOA LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT THIS'.

I appreciate your interest and the following still holds true;
    H o w e v e r, there needs to be a rather major adjustment of how this is executed and this guide is meant to help you understand what it means to be collaborative, as well as act as a fair warning.

R E A L I S M

Let me remind you of some things!

// MENTAL BREAKDOWNS & FAINTING

Horrifying situations realistically can trigger ... freak-outs and panic attacks. Everyone will react differently to certain situations, because we're humans and well, that happens. But one of the most common fall backs / reactions to a horrific situation is either a complete freak out, nothing, or fainting. Fainting everywhere, fainting.

If you are a panicky, nervous character, you are likely to have a breakdown. That is okay. People who suffer with anxiety or depression are likely to suffer from mental breakdowns. Nervous / mental breakdowns in the real world are generally a gradual thing, though. When something bad happens to you, you don't generally go instantly into a nervous / mental breakdown -- generally. What usually happens, is that it's been building for quite a bit, and a big event may trigger the final 'freak out' [which, in a lot of cases, is self-harm or homicide].

It usually doesn't happen the way Hollywood / anime makes it look. It's usually a slow spiral, not an eccentric crash into insanity in one instance.

Now, to address, nothing.

What I mean by nothing is that something happens and you're unaffected. This can either be dramatic, like throughout the entire thing you're just like 'whatever', OR it can be exhibited by initially caring [OH NO LOOK A FIRE, RUN!!] and then being totally fine after [Well.]

I'm not sure, unless you don't have the will to live [in which case, characters who save themselves are questionable] or have some kind of mental problem, what kind of a personality would be totally and completely 'fine' after something highly traumatic. Even people who are emotionally apathetic would likely experience some physical signs of trauma or disturbance [shakiness, nausea, high-stress / jumpiness]

Fainting.

Dear lord, everyone loves fainting.

[Information on fainting]. During the times I've fainted, it's never been just a ... //DROPS TO FLOOR UNCONSCIOUS. "AND THEN THE WORLD WENT BLACK AND JAYN FAINTED."

There's, usually, a build up. The last time I fainted it was after not having slept for a couple of days and standing for a long period time while a family member talked to me about a stressful topic. I got extremely nauseous. Everything got really disorienting and tingly, and I got really light-headed. It took minutes of feeling awful before I was out for the count. It was not just a random collapse with no warning.

Fainting, again, isn't as common as hollywood / anime make it seem. Think about the recent tragedies you've heard about, and think about how many people [relatively healthy / uninjured people] actually fainted in those situations.

It's just kind of a default reaction to stress that we see a lot of from the media. We should probably try to get a bit more creative with our reactions to horror.

// ROMANCE

Cupid's Brew was meant to have elements of horror [and still is] but not be a horror-fest. The actual core of everything should be and is meant to be romance. Let's think about this ...

> The Fire happened. This was inevitable. It was always meant to trigger leaving. [Which is why I was in hysterics about people thinking going back to the beginning would prevent it, though it was/is possible to actually get to experience camp.]
    > The ferry accident happened. [This was somewhat preventable. It wasn't destined.]
    > Mist. [Preventable.]

These are three not-so-pleasant events that have happened. Three, with two being preventable. That being said ... my main hope here is that we don't keep making decisions that lead us down the YAMI WO KIRISAKU OH DESIRE path. There's basically a point we need to reach and then the horror will die down significantly until later. All I can suggest is that you use what's happened [those of you still with us] as fuel for logical development and to establish relationships with others.

ROMANCE is a big deal ...

That being said, we're on Day Four. Four days. Four. Think about that ... Think hard about that. Those of you trying to pass off passionate, real, relationships that literally started only a few days ago, it's not working. It just looks and seems absolutely ridiculous. Maybe some of you are too inexperienced to understand that true, deep love doesn't generally work like that, but let this be a reminder.

We're on the fourth day of the entire role play. Calm down, por favor. To be honest, it is possible to 'think you're in love' with someone after a short period of time. Actually, that's pretty realistic, for dumb, young kids in our generation. The problem is that it's not being portrayed as something that is stupid and immature. It's being portrayed seriously.

No. No no no no no. No. ... No. I encourage romance. I encourage it so hard, man, but a four-day true love is ridiculous and it just makes the progression of the role play kind of ... dumb ?? Like, reading over some of the stupid poor-paced development, makes the entire thing lose a bit of it's charm. It's a bad thing.

Fall in love. Develop relationships. Become close to people. Just pay attention to how much time has actually passed and how ridiculous you may or may not be being.

If you are going to have an immature character who 'thinks' they're in love, but really isn't, then do that!! But portray it correctly, make them stupid. Say that they're rushing, being dumb, and make them -- as they would be most likely be -- a bit indecisive and easily swayed.

// MATURITY

Most of your characters ages are 12 - 18. Some of you are younger than eighteen, but something you have to understand is that you are still growing. You are most likely stupid and naive in some way, shape or form. You aren't even at the halfway point of your life expectancy [depending]. You're in school, surrounded by peer pressure and immature, stupid kids. I think a lot of us here on KH-V [a lot, not everyone] consider ourselves outside of that inner-circle, but I believe we can all honestly admit to either past or current immaturity that comes with growing up.

That being said, your characters should really not have an enormous grasp on their identities and somehow be completely level-headed and mature, especially in life-threatening situations. Think back to high school [if you must]. Think back to how you personally were back then, or how you are now, or the people who surrounded you. Chances are, you weren't / aren't a perfect mini-adult.

There are children who are apathetic and detached, but think about those people ... Put yourself in a situation with your character, in other words. I know personally, that people who acted like that in my high school were either ... unnerving and had some kind of mental disorder or only acted high and mighty [but were really just arrogant, obnoxious, pretentious and trying to pretend they were above something when they weren't], OR there was a reason for them turning out the way they were [ie. abuse / trauma], and they were a bit unstable.

For the adults, it makes more sense to have shaped yourself to be dignified and whatever. But most of the adults here are young adults and, again, shouldn't be perfect.

// MIND READING

Stop doing this. Stop it. It's when you read something someone has posted and you make your character know what they're thinking / get a 'vibe' or become super intuitive to use it to your advantage. Stop. Stop it. Unless a character says something straight to you, you shouldn't suddenly know everything they're thinking.

If a character likes you, that doesn't mean you should instantly like them.
    If a character dislikes you, it doesn't mean you should instantly dislike them.

Don't let your personal feelings / someone else's characters project onto your own. It's dumb and obvious.

// ATTENTION WHORING

Stop doing this. STOP. It's when your character is the center of attention ... because you force them to be. It happens when you make your character faints out of no where when everyone is relatively fine and everyone is like GASP __! It happens when your having random panic attacks or bouts of insanity in the middle of no where and everyone is like WHAT'S WRONG WITH ___?!

How to explain ...

It's okay to make your character do something that gains them attention, naturally. [Ie. Erik taking charge often, Noelle flipping out on David, etc.]

But when it's constant and HIGHLY dramatic, please stop. Especially if it's unnecessary.

// GRIEVING

People die, and that usually makes people sad. Think about this ... Depending on your character's personality, they should be mourning a fresh death for quite some time. Mourning. Being sad. Going through the 5 steps of grieving or whatever, a steady pace.

When you're young, you usually suffer from some kind of Immortality Syndrome [unless you're like me and think about death constantly 。◕‿◕。]. Immortality Syndrome is what I call the belief that nothing bad can happen to you because you are young. It's what makes 'young' deaths somehow more tragic, to some people.

So when your peers die, it's usually a pretty ... rattling experience. It kind of messes you up a bit, depending on how old you are and how much exposure to death you've had.

It's usually either that, or a strange apathy. You know, YOLO mentality. The, you're young so be reckless and don't give a **** attitude.

Generally, mourning [whether you knew the person or not] isn't exactly an ultra swift process. It's been four days and there's been a lot of death. Think about that and how it should be affecting your character.

// KILLING & INJURIES

Horrific situations are not often come out of unscathed. Your characters aren't super men. Don't be afraid to hurt yourself.

If you go over the top, though, then be prepared to REMAIN seriously injured until you get to a hospital. Also be prepared for me to kill you if your wounds are too ridiculous and there's no immediate treatment.

On another note, killing people. Um. When you kill someone, it's not a no-big-deal situation. It's not a shrug and move on. Killing people is serious. You're in a group of people, not all of them close to you. You murdering someone is likely going to result in a trial and some kind of punishment. Stop taking murder lightly, it's not a 'whatever' thing. Lol.

[Also, for you murderers or potential murderers out there, killing people usually results in some kind of ... negative reaction ? It's not the healthiest thing for a psyche. ]

P A C I N G

To wrap this up in a nice bow for you, a big issue with all of this is pacing.

Almost all of the things above can be resolved by taking your time.

It's Day Four. Development needs to slow down. In a way, I'm glad no one has rushed into CB yet because it would be brash, depending.

So, my lovelies, again, don't take this personally!! Use it to improve, me included. Use it to find strength and tangible development in your characters. Use it for the future. FOR THE WORLD.

Thank you to What? for reading over this for me and doing an accuracy check.

Again, let this be a fair warning. I will ask you to resign from the role play if you're too ridiculous. That doesn't mean don't be creative, or collaborate or be boring or stop trying. It doesn't mean anything like that. It just means to slow down, and think about what you're doing before you do it and how things will play out. Be true to your character, but acknowledge what you're doing with them.

A love potion isn't realistic, but you don't know what the potion does or why it does what it does [is it science? or da supernatural???].

Remember, things usually work tug and pull. If your character has a particular personality, there should be a reason -- a logical reason. Either way, Mary-Sue-ville is not limited to being nice or a victim ...

Ask if you have any questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.