♛ ▌1 0 0 D A Y S ❣

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by Jayn, Nov 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    [Tumblr][Mood: Nervous][Ooc: --][Day: Two][Opinions]

Temperance was still glaring at the kid when someone else walked into the diner. She hadn't paid attention as to who it was. She did notice, however, that the person took a seat behind her. It was like temperance could feel eyes watching her, and not just cherno or the kid's. The bell above the door chimed once more and she locked eyes with with ash, the girl from black angels. She was on the list. This, made her finally turn and crane her neck around to see the person behind her. Quintus. This was getting insane. There was at least four people on the list present, potentially five if the kid was one as well.

Temperance began to feel overwhelmed. Her heart was pounding and anxiety began to cloud her mind. Quickly she dug through her purse pulling out a small wad of bills and slammed it down on the table. She slipped into the sweatshirt as fast she could and stood up, sliding out of the booth. "I'm...I'm sorry. I have to go. This was a bad idea. I'll see you on Monday."

She gave cherno an uncomfortable smile and wave goodbye, before fleeing the diner without another word. Her head was swimming. She had to leave, to see josh. This was too much. If this really was real, they were both in danger. Her heart was still pounding as she climbed into her car. With shaky hands, she turned the key in the ignition and sped away. It was too coincidental. The listed people were everywhere... before her interactions were brief and menacing. Now, she feared the very sight of them. Is this what C wanted? For temperance to be as afraid of them, as so many of them were of her?

2. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    [ scarf of the day | tumblr ]
    [ occ: to the sushi bar! ]

Brian impatiently checked his phone several times, awaiting an anticipated text from Aileen. He sighed with disappointment as he slid the phone back into his pocket. He was a little worried for his best friend; what if something happened? The negative thought left a sour taste in his mouth, so he quickly pushed it out of his mind. Still he looked towards the ground with a heavy heart and continued to walk.

The boy looked up as he heard a voice in front of him. He recognized the man in front of him: it was the guy from yesterday who helped him up in the hallway. He smiled at him, his sadness disappearing, and said, "Hey there. Yeah, it's good to see you too!" He paused slightly, shuffled his feet, and continued, "What are you walking around town for?" Another pause. "Oh, hey! Want to go to the sushi bar by here? Me and a friend or two are going. Care to join us?" Brian asked eagerly. It was the least he do, with the whole incident yesterday. He knew he'd walk with a limp for the next few days, as he was currently.

"Pardon me for a second. Sorry if this is rude, I just want to double-check this with my best friend," Brian said sweetly as he pulled out his phone. Quickly, he sent Aileen a new message to see what she would say. Probably yes, knowing her, but it never hurts to ask just in case.

3. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    [ LEVEL TWO - BMG - STATUS: CONFUSED - CONTENT - UPDATE ]
    Though her laughter was rude, Anthony smiled at Temperance's reply. "So the evil witch did not cast her dark magic upon the- What's that?" Why was the evil temptress hiding something from him? Oh, it could be a page from her spellbook!
    However, though he tried to see it he couldn't get into her bag. Mostly because it was too far away from him but also because he feared the powerful witch. Cheerleaders had the power to make even a great warrior such as himself weep, so one had to be careful around them.
    "I wanna seeeee." He gave in, begging to see the paper now. But then she just left, ignoring his presence altogether. It was disappointing not being able to see the paper, but as soon as he saw that there was still food on her plate he took her place and began eating the leftovers, forgetting about what had just happened already.
    It was then that he realized that his music seemed to be bothering the other customers, so he got his phone and shut it off. Doing so allowed him to realize that there were other people coming into Lacey's, though as they did not interact with him that hardly mattered.
    "What were you doing with that evil temptress anyway? If she lured you here you ought to be more careful, otherwise she'll be eating your heart next time!"

4. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    [Tumblr OOTDLunch ?? OOC: none]

Following Yuna's response, Aileen got into her acquaintance's car. She closed the passenger door and watched as Yuna began to drive. She proceeded to introduce herself. "You're... Aileen, right?"

Aileen put on a friendly smile and replied, "Yes." Soon after, she heard a ping coming from her phone. It was a text from Brian. He was worried. To reassure him, Aileen decided to text him back. She looked up from her phone to see where they were exactly. She spotted the meeting place and as they got closer, Brian and another boy. Probably the same one he mentioned in his text. Aileen quickly texted him back. [see text here]

"Oh, Yuna, I see the daycare and Brian!"

5. TwilightBlader Child of the Sun

[​IMG]

Altair raised an eyebrow and smiled "well thats pretty convenient, after all I was planning on finding something to eat" Altair said. With a smirk Altair closed his eyes and smirked as he placed once hand in his jacket pocket and used the other to wave off the boy's apology "nah no need to apologize" Altair said casually. The boy was certainly a nice kid, the two of them had only met for a duration that lasted around a minute and here he was inviting him to sushi. Just maybe his weekend wouldn't be so boring after all. Upon hearing the hum of an engine, Altair glanced over at the car arriving near the two of them.

6. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    [Tumblr][Mood: Overwhelmed][Ooc: --][Day: Two][Opinions]

Temperance barely made it down the street, the roads were so cluttered. ugh! What the hell happened. her hands were still shaking,but the slow moving vehicles gave her a chance to compose herself. She just wigged out in front of a handful of classmates. That would reflect well. She chewed on her lower and pulled out a cigarette to calm her nerves.

Her hands were still shaking as she tried to light the cigarette in her mouth. She took in a deep breathe, enjoying the tobacco flavor. It helped. Her hands stopped shaking and she managed to calm her nerves. Temperance heard her phone ping from inside her purse and she pulled it out. It was a text from josh. She grimaced at the sight of the message. Without responding, she pressed the call button and held the phone to her ear.
    "Temperance." He sounded pissed.
    "Josh, hey. How are you?" She swallowed hard. There was a knot in her stomach.
    "What do you want temperance?"
    "I just wanted to talk. Can we talk?"
    "Now you want to talk? I've only been trying to talk to you for a day and a half." He was definitely pissed. His tone was harsh and sharp.
    "I'm sorry. There's just a lot going on. I needed time to think."
    "Think about what temperance? About us? About how you have ignored me, but made time to hang out with the poetry geek? I'm not blind. I saw your plans to hang out with plume this morning on tumblr."
    "Can we...can we just meet up? I don't want to fight. Not on the phone...the park by my house? Half hour?"
    "Whatever." click.
    Was that a yes? Was he going to meet her? She didn't know. He hung up without confirming a proper yes or no. She had to hope it was a yes. Temperance took another drag off the smoke and honked her horn. The traffic still wasn't moving.

7. Jayn

[​IMG]
    WEARING | LATEST TUMBLR UPDATE | OOC: Today is the last day of day two. Wrap it up. <3 |

*Trigger warning*

Angry. Angry. Angry.

Uncle Reed wasn't all bad. He taught her a lot, actually. He was a 35-year-old business manager (who still looked to be in his early twenties) with bright blue eyes and black rimmed-glasses the she never saw him take off. He was happy to have her there, often stating how lonely he got (despite having a very serious girlfriend), and how nice it was that there was someone else to come home to now. This didn't bother her at first.

In middle school, the bullying started. She was rather...chubby at this point and had never really seen a reason to change that. It wasn't until the teasing started up that she began feeling absolutely horrible about herself. The jokes started after the chair she was sitting in collapsed in the middle of an exam. She was mortified and the teacher had made no effort to stop the roar of laughter that followed.

It only took a month before she hated herself. She hated her body. She hated her voice--often sounding huskier than most of the girl's her age. She hated her interests. She was not Japanese. They would never let her forget it. She was not thin, either. Her Lolita dresses made her look like a '16th century whale'. She couldn't remember who had made that joke first. It was recycled too many times.

She never cried. She only hated.

She started throwing up and stopped eating regularly when she was 14. She couldn't bare to think that her entire life would be this way, so something had to change. She started to work out religiously. She ate something small every other day and drowned her stomach with water. She became a vegetarian a few months into her new regimen. Meat was not doing her any favors, said the internet.

At first she just looked sick ...Then she learned from Uncle Reed's girlfriend how to hide the sickness with make up--and how to conserve and fake energy. Kera was a nice woman, Madeline thought. She understood her. Kera told her about her own battle with weight and taught her everything she needed to know.

They made a nice pair; Kera and Uncle Reed.

Kera helped her lose weight and hide her feelings, and Uncle Reed taught her how to manipulate people. As soon as he found out about the bullying, he simply advised her to start doing things for them like buying them gifts for holidays, and baking cookies and cakes. He said that the bullying may not stop instantly, but people would come to trust her with time.

Then he taught her about the 'little steps to revenge'.
    This method only worked if you were smart about it and got the timing right.

"You don't have to do it all at once," he wrote in a note he left for her before school one morning. "You will eventually find acceptance and satisfaction in the little things. For instance, baking a batch of cookies and lacing one with laxatives. Just one. Not the whole batch. That way, only one of those fuckers get sick and no one can really trace it back to you. After all, it didn't make anyone else sick, right? Little things like that will make you feel better along the way. Have a good day at school, honey. Knock 'em dead."

Knock 'em dead indeed.

[​IMG]

The short drive was unmemorable.

As the crippling agony in her chest began to subside, she started to feel especially stupid for breaking down in the first place. What was he to her? Thomas was nothing. She was just using him anyway. She got her photos so that's all that really mattered. She would try uploading them later that night. Well...All but one.

She shivered as she stepped out of her warm car and into the elements. Winter was right around the corner and while she loved the snow, she hardly dressed for it. She regretted not wearing one of her heavy coats, but she had wanted to show off her outfit for some reason. Some reason...

Madeline was shivering by the time she reached her door. Her keys chimed melodiously with each involuntary spasm of her fingers before she jammed the house key into the lock and twisted her wrist. The familiar buzz of the television greeted her as the door cracked; but then something blocked it from opening all of the way. This sound was also recognizable. The jolt of the four metal door chains her mother had installed. They kept the paranoid away at night, and in some cases, Madeline.

"God fucking damn it. Not again... NOT TODAY, MOM. OPEN THE DOOR." She was honestly trying to control the volume of her voice, but it wasn't working. She was too tired. Too cold. Too secretly distraught.

She peered through the crack with angry eyes just to see dead green ones looking back at her. That woman. Her mother. She was just standing there like a f
    ucking weirdo, gazing back. In her hands she held the manila folder Thomas had given to Madeline just yesterday. Panic flared up inside of her.

"Let me in, please!"

She dropped her bag and rammed her shoulder into the door in a futile attempt to break the chains. Pain seared through her arm and she remembered her fall from the other day. She gasped with heavy exasperation, eyes locked onto the folder as her mother finally opened her mouth to speak.

"When did you take these pictures, Madeline?"

"Jesus! I told you already. Thomas and I had a photoshoot on the 11th. He just got the pictures to me... Let me in! "

"Were you going to say anything about them? ...I've yet to meet this boy. Madeline, you know better. Are you two dating? Have you slept together?"

"NO."

Her mother looked doubtful and she instantly wanted to die. She would never subject Thomas to that. Touching her. Someone like her. Never.

"You took the car today without my permission, Madeline."

"Permission? Since when do you care what I do?"

She was about to say more, but she froze as her mother dumped the photos into a bucket she hadn't even noticed was at her feet and threw the folder over her shoulder. What was she doing? She disappeared for a few moments and returned with some vegetable oil, drizzling it over the glossy pictures.

Madeline's heart sunk.

"Oh, Madeline, baby...What am I going to do with you?"

8. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

John was on fire. A religious fire that us. Since leaving his house he'd been keeping busy, you know, idle hands- and all that. His candy cane stripped sleeves rolled up, he flashed a multitude of smiles that da, for free he even gave out a warm bowl of steaming stew.

John had been serving up deliciousness for the poor for over six years. It didn't make him as happy as it used o be but the people here knew him. Trusted him. Listened when he spoke. And the best thing is that he changed more then a few heathens.

Four more bowls went put to the less fortunate via John before he had to mop his brow and realize that he was jut as hungry as they. Grabbing a bowl of his own stew and a slice of bread, John sat down in a chair, listening to the most wise and blessed bum the world had to have ever seen.

9. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    [ ◦ ◦ ]​
    A chill sweeps around her, swirling in the air as she wakes. What time was it? Wondering this she reached for her phone, seeing it was getting close to noon. Or was it later? Oh, it's so hard to see a screen when one first wakes up. Had she really slept in so long? Sure she stayed up late, working on her papers for school, but she'd rather not sleep at all than sleep in. It was such an awful feeling after all, wasting the day away like that.​
    And if the email was right there was no time to waste. But, how could it possible be real? In the very least it provided an interesting notion to think about, one to fill all blank hours of the day. But beyond that it seemed silly to even consider the possibility that so many people, strangers even, would die all on the very same day all because of an email. ​
    Or...was it so...​
    No. Let's not go there shall we? She wouldn't buy something so silly like her brother did. Instead, ah yes, coffee. It warms the throat and wakes the mind. A perfect start to any day.​
    And once it was gone there was nothing better than a stroll. Though once outside the cold hit her, and she wondered why she chose to wear a skirt of all things. No matter, she quickly adjusted and was on her way. Where to? Well the park of course. It may be where every storybook character like her liked going to, but she couldn't help it. The place was just so peaceful and had lovely scenery. She loved places like that.​
    After finding her usual spot Elizabeth sat down on a bench and pulled out her phone. Without a book there really wasn't much else to do here, besides look around. So for the time being she pulled up her account and surfed the internet.​

10. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    {AAAAAHHHH!!!!! So sorry for not being able to post!}
    10:25 AM

Danny stared at his clock, debating whether to give himself a hard time for not waking up at 7:30 like he planned, or just keep sleeping like he felt like doing. SHIT! Quin's concert! No, that's Sunday, dumbass. Danny hopped out of bed, did his daily routine (wash face, brush teeth, shower, breakfast, walk dog), and left the house to take a walk. He went onto Facebook for a brief while and---

Oh my God.

THE XX WAS IN TOWN FOR A CONCERT! The xx was Danny's favorite band, and they were playing at the Olympus Arena. What a nice beginning to what seems to be like a shitty day. Danny looked up at the sky to see a deep shade of grey looming over his neighborhood. The flowers around his house were drooping, dying. Yeesh. When did everything get so ugly...? Danny wished he had the numbers of any of his academic friends, his peers. The next time he saw Quin, he would probably ask her for hers.

About 3 or so more hours of walking, Danny went back inside to write a new piece reflecting his excitement. He teared up a few times (from the happiness), but he managed to pull through. When it was done, he stored it inside his notebook filled with entire symphonies in them. Danny was extremely thankful for his musical talent, being able to sing, play the drums, bass, acoustic guitar, and electric guitar, as well as the piano/keyboard. He often thought of starting a one-man-band such as Five For Fighting. The reason Danny had never joined band or any musical programs was because he knew there would be snot-nosed kids everywhere who come from rich families who want to "round their kids out" by teaching them to play a musical instrument.

I have nothing else to do today.

So he slept again, phone at his side.

11. What? 『 music is freedom 』

[​IMG]
    tumblrlogic ERROR mood: ---interaction: temperance anthony ooc: was busy yesterday I apologize

Fucking fuck what is going on jesus hell why so many people go away go away what is Anthony doing here shoot he did not even like that crazy kid goddamnit get away we need to discuss the letter eugh this place is so dirty he should have left stop this the dirt is everyone in the air on the table slumping to the dirt shit the dirt where is the goddamn water get the hell away from me he should have left he should have left she is leaving this dirt this dirt what the fuck go away stop stop stop stop stop stop stop stop

"What were you doing with that evil temptress anyway? If she lured you here you ought to be more careful, otherwise she'll be eating your heart next time!"

The water did not get here on time.

Cherno crashed.

He slumped to the table, pale as a sweaty pearl, having fainted from the stress.

So many people. So much dirt.

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    { TUMBLR ACQUAINTANCES MOST RECENT WEARING }
    { OOC : HEY TEQUILA, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW TOMMY IS DEAD }
    { YOU ME NAMES TEXTS DISDAIN } { MOOD : CONFUSED / CONTENT }

[/url] xxxxxxxxxx I do not like the queen, for I was fond of her first incarnation, but this new one leaves a bitter taste.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I liked the white kitten with the pink bow of the three, but not this one.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I feel like I have been ripped off.

P L E A S E , xC A L L xM E xQ U I N T U S .
    O R xQ U I N , xI F xY O U xP R E F E R .

xxxxxxxxxxThe Peacock had made herself scarce at the diner just about ten minutes ago, and Kallisti had received her coffee, drinking in the warm, slightly bitter substance. She watched quietly as Anthony took her place and began shooting off this or that to Cherno who was looking sickly, for some reason. His face was becoming pale, and Kallisti was just becoming aware that she was leaning forward and was stancing herself so that she could get up on a moment's notice. She heard Anthony say something, but her attention was solely focused on Cherno.

And that's when he slumped over. Did he pass out? Faint? Regardless, Kallisti immediately rose from her booth and made her way to Cherno's side - what was she doing? She didn't react with people unless they came to her first. She had been acting like this since that e-mail.

Ignoring Anthony, sweet as he was, she slid into the booth where Cherno sat and she placed her hand on his shoulder. Water was sat down in front of her, and when the waitress asked what was wrong, she shooed her away.

" Hello, Cherno, are you alright? " she asked cautiously, hoping that he could hear her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Ash Takahashi - Day 2
    What she is wearing today
    Latest Tumblr Post
    The rest of the day was mostly uneventful for Ash: she went home, had dinner with her family, did some homework, etc.
    That night, however, after she got into her pajamas, she got a text from her friend and fellow bandmate Lisa, which led to a conversation.
    "Of course, the Annual Youth Music Contest." Ash reminded herself.
    The Youth Music Contest was a Contest held in Sealand Park each year in early or mid-December. There are rules about entering too.
    The Black Angels never got to participate though. But since the members are now all 15, they can enter.
    "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" Ash screamed in delight. She and her band could finally participate in the Contest!
    "Ash, what's with all the yelling?" Ash's mom walked into her room.
    "Oh nothing mom, just remembered a good time." Ash lied.
    "Well keep it down, your sisters are trying to sleep." Her mom then walked out of the room.
    Ash stayed silent for a few seconds, then whispered to herself, "I did it. The Black Angels are finally gonna have a live gig in front of lots of people."

14. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    [Tumblr][Mood: Panicked][Ooc: --][Day: Two][Opinions]

She was running late now. Any other day it would only take ten minutes to get to the park by, her house from Lacey's. Today, of course, was different. She couldn't get there fast enough thanks to the strange traffic. Not that she wanted to get there faster. Nothing would make temperance happier then curling up under the covers at home. Her heart was racing by the time she finally reached the park.

She pulled next to a familiar tan bmw crossover. Josh was sitting on the hood wearing a pair of ripped jeans and an aviator jacket she had bought him for Christmas last year. Temperance swallowed hard as she walked over to him. He had shielded his golden eyes with black sunglasses and had a s.w.a.t. cap on top his head. "H-hey." She smiled weakly.
    "What's going on temperance?"
    not even a hello. she bit down on her lip. "There's just been a lot going on, ya' know?"
    "No temperance I don't know. You don't talk to me. But, you do talk to the poetry loser." His tone was sharp again.
    "Cherno just understands my situation is all."
    "And what is your situation? Are you dating him now?"
    "No! Gods, no josh! I just...i just can't talk about it. Not with you."
    "But with him? 'Cause he gets it?"
    "Yes. No. Ugh! I just...I think...I think..." She paused, the words not coming out.
    "Spit it out temperance. I'm not putting up with more ****."
    "You're not putting up with ****? What do you think I've been doing for the last seven months? I know about you and Amy Walters! About what you did with her!" Her voice raised an octave. He had no right to say he wouldn't put up with her behavior.
    "Nothing fucking happened. How many times do I have to tell you that?!"
    "I may not be great in school, but I'm not stupid, or blind for that matter. We just...I think we just need to take some time apart."
    "So you can get cozy with plume?"
    "It has nothing to FUcking do with him!"
    "Fine. Whatever! I don't want to date someone that's about to get held back for the second time anyway." In a matter of seconds he had climbed into his car and drove away.

Temperance could already feel her insides constricting as she fell to her needs and began to sob. How could he say that? He wasn't allowed to say that. It hurt, so bad. But this was for the best. Best for everyone. She leaned against the tire of her car, holding herself tightly.

15. What? 『 music is freedom 』

[​IMG]
    tumblrlogicmood: dizzy | tired | dazedinteraction: quin anthony

" Hello, Cherno, are you alright?"

Cherno slowly opened his eyes, in a daze. His cheek lay on the dirty table, but he paid little attention to this. What- what happened? He glanced around drearily and sleepily, his mouth lazily ajar. Something about an e-mail, and-

He turned his eyes to the girl next to him. Was that- that was Quin. What was she doing here? He couldn't even remember when she entered Lacey's. Wait. Temperance. Cherno lifted his head slowly and looked directly in front of him - and to his surprise, it was instead Anthony sitting there, noisily chewing away at ... Temperance's leftovers? Jesus, that kid was something. He watched the boy munch away with a straight face and a disgusted twitch of his eye. So ... messy. He- he couldn't stand to look anymore. He let out a sigh, and turned back to Quin, her eyes peering at him from above her scarf. What a careful person. Distant. Yet, she seemed to be the type to have good relations with a good number of people. Cherno's eyes lit up briefly, cautiously scanning the perplexed young lady. She really was stylish. Cherno liked that about her - she seemed like an artsy fellow. Right! She had a concert! The delicate shape of her fingers seemed to easily reflect her masterful violin talent.

"Oh, uh, yo. Hey there ... Quintus- no, Quin, yeah? Thanks, heh. I sort of ... shot my synapses there, you follow?"

Cherno gave off a tired smile. Quin. He knew little about her, but she seemed to be the sanest person he had the pleasure of interacting with today - himself included. Especially in this diner.

Wait. The diner. Goddamnit- OH SHIT

Cherno violently jumped back away from the table, pushing out his arms in a messy, twirling fit. The back of his head hit one of the solid parts of the seat, and immense pain shot through his skull.

"FUCK"

He winced in pain and rubbed the back of his skull. Eugh. He- he- his face was on the counter no no no no no no no no he didn't just place his cheek on the germopolis of that goddamn counter. He bit his lip and opened his eyes slowly- oh god, the water! It was there! Cherno lunged for the beautiful diamond that was the pristine glass in this world of sordid, sinful germs. He dipped his finger in it and rubbed his cheek and face, and then picked up the glass and poured out some of the water onto the table. Retrieving a cloth from his pocket, he started scrubbing away at the spaces in front of him. Squeaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueaksqueak.

By now, the diner was eerily silent save for Cherno's cleaning. He stopped, and turned back to Quin, slowly and guiltily, with the speed of a turtle who had been caught for stealing. He gave off a sheepish smile and a nervous chuckle.

"S-so, don't mind me. What fancies you coming here, sister? Heh. Heheheh."

Real smooth, Cherno. Real smooth.

Friendship :: --[rate: 0]
    Appreciation :: [rate:+1]
    Dislike :: --[rate: 0]
    Avoidance :: -- [rate: 0]
    Appreciation :: --[rate: 0]
    Dislike :: [rate: 0]
    Avoidance :: [rate: 0]

16. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    { TUMBLR ACQUAINTANCES MOST RECENT WEARING }
    { OOC : YEP. }
    { YOU ME NAMES TEXTS DISDAIN } { MOOD : CURIOUS / - }

[/url] xxxxxxxxxx I do not like the queen, for I was fond of her first incarnation, but this new one leaves a bitter taste.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I liked the white kitten with the pink bow of the three, but not this one.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I feel like I have been ripped off.

xxxxxxxxxx Kallisti patiently waited while Cherno came to. He seemed very out of it when he lifted his head, so she took a step or two back from him to give him some room. He peered around to realize who he was in the company of; Kallisti, who was still waiting, and then Anthony, munching on the food in front of him that Kallisti didn't exactly remember him ordering. A strange boy, that one.

" Oh , uh, yo. Hey there . . . Quintus - no, Quin, yeah? " she raised an eyebrow for what might have been the hundredth time that day as he stumbled over what to call her, " Thanks, heh. I sort of . . . shot my synapses there, you follow? "

Kallisti had never thought on it before, but Cherno had a bit of a strange vernacular, a very different way of speaking than that of other people she had talked to before. It was much more competent sounding, that was for sure, " Quintus, if you prefer to call me. I do not mind. " she told him, " And yes, I believe we've all ' burnt out ' on one instance or another. Understandable. "

He smiled tiredly at him and then she watched his face contort into something of disgust and shock, maybe? She quickly jumped out of his way as he proceeded to fend of the diner table as if it were a beast of the most foul kind. This was . . . different, she supposed, " F U C K . " and this time, Kallisti raised both of her eyebrows. She continued to watch his reactions with interest as he grabbed the glass of water that the waitress had brought earlier, and then used the water to clean his face, then . . . He poured a bit of it on the table.

Kallisti stood up straight. Was she missing something? What was this behavior? What should she do? Her face remained completely passive, but with interest, and the whole of the diner was falling silent around them. As if realizing the world did indeed exist, Cherno looked at her nervously and with a sheepish smile. He must have felt like a complete mess. Kallisti seemed to be dealing with a lot of those kinds of people today, so when he shot for normal " S - so, don't mind me. What fancies you coming here, sister? " . . . Sister? And he chuckled nervously.

" . . . I was unable to finish my coffee at Vermil's across the street, for there was an accident. " she explained to him in an even tone of voice, " I thought I might come here. I wasn't, however, expecting you or Quee - . . . " She really shouldn't let her personal feelings get in the way, " . . . Miss Temperance to be here, much less together. "

She then thought she might take this as her chance to get his confirmation to come to her concert tomorrow, " Will you be coming to see me play at Sealand Park, tomorrow? I would be very happy if you did. " And then she remembered that Anthony was there too, and she gave him a small smile behind her brown scarf, " I would like it if you were there too, Anthony. "

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. Jayn

[​IMG]
    WEARING | LATEST TUMBLR UPDATE | OOC: Today is the last day of day two. Wrap it up. <3 | !!

[​IMG]

The house (x) was isolated. After they had lost the home her parents bought with each other, they were forced to downgrade to this shithole in comparison. At first it wasn't that bad. Quaint. A little blue house at the top of a hill. There was a giant backyard, a small patio and an assortment of plants and vines that wrapped around stubby white pillars at the front. Years of neglect had only hidden the house away further. The grass was overgrown and the vines practically swallowed the house now.

She considered just getting in her car and driving away, but apathy had given way to panic now. She rammed into the door one more painful time before giving up and throwing her cold face into her hands. The sound of flames flaring overpowered the rest of that woman's lecture. Madeline didn't even have to look. The sounds were vivid enough that she could perfectly envision the photos curling and blackening into ash.

It was okay.

It was fine.

Thomas must have had backups somewhere, and the most important picture was still in her email.

She closed the door quietly and stepped off of the steps leading up to her door. She rubbed her eyes with the back of her palm and gently pulled her cell phone from out of her bag again, hitting redial.

BEEEEP.

"Thomas. I know you're not talking to me, but can you please prepare a few copies of those pictures we took? I'll leave you alone after, I promise. ...I lost them."

When she was finished with that call, she started to walk back to her car and dialed another number. She was answered on the second ring, just as she was climbing into the driver's seat.

"M."

"I'm coming over."

18. What? 『 music is freedom 』

[​IMG]
    tumblr ▣ logic <in post> ▣ mood: dazed | contemplativeinteraction: quin anthony

Quin began her explanation serenely. She seemed unrealistically calm to Cherno - as if she seemed to be but a simple, surreal observer from above of all of these events. How elegant. How classy. Cherno did his best not to interrupt with his own verbal exclamations. He set the empty glass that once held the water by the edge of the table, so that the waitress could pick it up.

" . . . I was unable to finish my coffee at Vermil's across the street, for there was an accident. "

Accident?

int logic_mode( )
    {

Cherno looked back at one of the windows, briefly. The rush of police cars and ambulances trickled to a few sirens and lights off in the distance. Were these related to the accident she spoke of? Ordinarily the Cafés don't close for some minor accident - it must have been a really major one for Quin to have to leave the café and come here. Not to mention that the Café was in the south and the vehicles were heading in that direction.

He considered the options. Vermeil was the right distance for the vehicles to come hurdling this way. One could easily get to the café by taking the bridge across the bay. Then again, what sort of accident could happen at a café? He tapped his fingers against the now-satisfyingly-clean surface of the table. The city. The city wasn't really big on crime. It definitely wasn't any Nashville or Detroit. In fact, Cherno contemplated - in fact, it was probably one of the cities with the lowest crime rates in the country. Strange.

He definitely didn't remember seeing that many police cars and ambulances as long as he could remember. He should probably check the news soon. What could it be? With that amount, it couldn't be a car crash or something related to a structure. There would be firefighters, or at least not as many vehicles. People may have been gravely injured, perhaps with some potential deaths. But why so many vehicles?

Cherno scratched his chin. Way more police cars than ambulances. Injuries, possible fatalities, definitely. Okay. Lots of police cars though. That may mean it may have been someone with a deliberate motive whom the police were trying to catch. A murder maybe? Drive-bys were rarely heard of in this part of the city. The gangs were mostly across the bay. It could simply be a murder on-foot.

A murder at the Café de Vermeil? Or maybe it was something else. Manslaughter? An accident? Freak accidents also typically cause a surge of police activity, regardless of whether they are caused by a person, people, or not. After all, crowd control was a police responsibility.

Right. A murder or a freak accident. Cherno would have to look into this later. Maybe the news would have something. That's to say this all even took place at the Café de Vermeil. Cherno continued to listen eagerly to Quin.

}

"I thought I might come here. I wasn't, however, expecting you or Quee - . . . "

She stumbled for a second. Quee- Queen? What was she saying? Cherno narrowed his eyes at her small mistake. Pet name. She either likes or hates - " . . . Miss Temperance to be here, much less together. "

Temperance, it seems. And knowing how disliked Temperance was among most of the non-popular people, it'd be safe to say that Quin probably disliked her just as much. Though Cherno decided not to make a concrete conclusion about their relationship, he decided to make sure these two did not get too close to each other for safety's sake until he found out their true feelings for each other.

But hell! Another person thinks that they're together. Ugh. He was cool with Temperance, sure, she was a cool sister. Sometimes. Okay, she could be a really mean person at times too, but to Cherno she seemed a bit insecure. He didn't know. He still wanted to befriend Temperance, he guessed. But if this meant everyone thinking they were a couple ...

Suddenly, Quin's voice jolted Cherno to reply this time. She seemed to look at him with questioning eyes, as she asked.

"Will you be coming to see me play at Sealand Park, tomorrow? I would be very happy if you did."

Right! Blast! The concert! Of course! She also turned to Anthony and asked him the same question. Right, Anthony. In Cherno's deep contemplation, he almost forgot Anthony was even there.

Cherno rose. He had to leave soon, anyway.

"Of course. It'd be a pleasure to see you jive away with your wonderfully virtuoso violin skills, sister. Thanks a lot for inviting me back in school." He flashed the most genuine smile he could muster. "Bein' honest, I'd love to get to know you more, you dig? We can go hit it up somewhere in the future, maybe. Bring your other cats too. It'd be swingin', I can tell you this."

He had to get some information. What happened at Café de Vermeil? Why were there so many police cars and ambulances rushing down the streets to the south?
    He picked up his cloth and slid through the gap between the seat and the table, leaving a dusty dollar for the water. He looked at Anthony for a second, who seemed unresponsive through all this, and silently scoffed, but forced himself to say a dreary and half-genuine goodbye. Eh. He wasn't that bad. But he wasn't that good either.

He walked away from the booth, before turning and walking backwards, facing Quin all the way.
    "It's been fun. I need to scram from this dusty dump. It's way basic. I'll see you 'round. Good luck with that jam session of yours, sister."

He pointed his index finger at Quin, and mouthed a "bang", before slipping behind the glass door and exiting the diner, his coat fluttering from the winds of the cold city evening.

Thank god he was out of that dirty, messy, hellhole. He needed to get home and rest, and maybe figure out what the heck has been going on today.

Appreciation :: [rate:+1]
    Dislike :: --[rate: 0]
    Avoidance :: -- [rate: 0]
    Appreciation :: --[rate: 0]
    Dislike :: [rate: 0]
    Avoidance :: [rate: 0]

19. Doukuro Chaser

[​IMG]
    [ LEVEL TWO - BMG - STATUS: CONFUSED - WORRIED - FULL - EXCITED - UPDATE ]

Almost as if he was oblivious to Cherno's meltdown, Anthony finished the food on the plate before him before pushing it aside as he hoped the waitress would take it away. Unfortunately for him Quin had shoo'd her away.

Wait, Quin? When did she get here? Now more aware of his surroundings he realized that she had somehow showed up before him. Did she teleport in? How neat!

Oh, wait. What was the master of logic doing? Cleaning? Why was he doing that? Just as he opened his mouth to ask about the male's doings another one spoke out before him.

An invitation? He's never been invited to something before! Or at least not often enough. The news brought him enough joy to completely miss how much Cherno seemed to disapprove of his being there. Almost so anyway.

"R-really? I'd love to come!" He nearly jumped to his feet, missing Cherno's leave. "What time is it? You're really going to like me being there? Wow, this is amazing!"

20. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    { TUMBLR ACQUAINTANCES MOST RECENT !! WEARING !! }
    { OOC : LONG POST IS LONG }
    { YOU ME NAMES LINKS DISDAIN } { MOOD : TIRED / - }

[/url] xxxxxxxxxx I feel uncomfortable, even lying here in my bed. All of those things . . .
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx There are just some things that you do not tell other people . . .
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx No matter how much these things may eat you from the inside until nothing is left but a hollow shell.

xxxxxxxxxx She knew that she had botched it when she had almost referred to Temperance as " Queen Bee. " To be perfectly honest, that's not what she wanted to call her in the least bit. Normally, in her mind, she referred to her as The Peacock, for she was always flashing her feathers everywhere. It was not the most proper term, for Temperance wasn't a male, but it was a metaphorical thing, so it passed in her mind.

" Of course. It'd be a pleasure to see you jive away with your wonderfully virtuoso violin skills, sister. " Sister, there it was again, " Thanks for inviting me back in school. " Oh, so he had gotten the cue, lovely, and then he gave her a smile she could only return, " Bein' honest, I'd love yo get to know you more, you dig? " . . . What? " We can go hit it up somewhere in the future, maybe. Bring your other cats, too." She wasn't friends enough with anyone to bring them, except perhaps Tyler, " It'd be swining', I can tell you this. "

Kallisti did not speak this . . . slang, but she did know what he was saying, and she was slightly flattered, embarrassed, and a little appalled at the same time about it. Cherno was a lovely boy, but it was already hard enough being close to people. Shooting her with a finger gun, Cherno was gone, and she smiled after him. He was nice, and she was glad he would come tomorrow, " R - really? I'd love to come! " Anthony said excitedly, jumping out of the booth and successfully capturing Kallisti's attention, " What time is it? You're really going to like me being there? Wow, this is amazing! "

This one was like a bullet, but Kallisti could do nothing but smile; he was almost adorable, " 7:00pm, sharp, " she answered, " Yes, I would really like it if you were to be there, I am glad you would like to come, too. "
    ----
    xxxxxxxxxx So everything would be left up to tomorrow, wouldn't it? Kallisti had left the diner some time ago, finding nothing for her there, or nothing to keep her there. She had done practically nothing all day - she would have fared much better going over to Tyler's, which didn't sound like a bad idea now, but it was getting late.

She almost couldn't pry the events of the morning off of her mind. Poor Mr. Paschal might have a lawsuit against him for what happened. Who is unlucky enough to be crushed by an old sign anyway? It was a horrible way to die. Then there was Madeline. That had been an interesting interaction, but she had expected nothing less. While Madeline seemed just like an ornery girl, there was probably many, many issues behind that. Although she left a bitter and slightly unpleasant taste in Kallisti's mouth, she had thought of her always like a bittersweet candy.

. . . She had just yet to get to the sweet part.

Kallisti began to mentally count the number of people she had personally invited: Tyler, for sure, and suggested to him to bring along Abigail. Madeline, yesterday at school, and she received a confirmation today. The same with Daniel, yesterday at school, and she motioned to Cherno to come, and received his confirmation, too, along with Anthony's. Maybe she had not invited so many people from the e-mail after all. Every single time she glanced at the list, it seemed like more and more people's names appeared. She found that almost annoying, how she missed things like that, but the more the merrier, as they say.

When she got home, Kallisti went straight up to her room, stripped off her clothing, and put on sleepwear, which basically consisted of a shirt and spandex shorts. She let down her long and dark hair and then laid back on her bed. Tomorrow was her concert. Father wanted to go and visit mother.

Kallisti did not want to go visit mother. She curled up into a little ball like a cat, in the center of her bed. Mother hated her, surely, for what she did. Her grandmother told her so, when she last saw her. Mother would hate her forever.

Her grandmother . . . Perhaps she was C, and had merely sent that e-mail to her and a random sixteen other people to scare her. She hated Kallisti, but her granddaughter didn't think she was capable of being that immature. Only spiteful and hateful, and manipulative . . . Among many, many other things, she was responsible for the death of Kallisti's only cat, Jelli.

Silently, the girl wondered if the other kids in the e-mail were from cloudy pasts or even worse, like her own.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.