☼ รץภςє๔ ☾

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

"The private jets are on a restricted list. Errol couldn't get anymore information on them without hacking into things he shouldn't..." She breathed out quietly, realizing the seriousness of this situation as it began to weigh down on her. "It's airtight information by the government... Errol said he couldn't hack into that without being traced back. This is all the information we have to work with. We could only see the plane from security footage..." Nicole trialed off when the ended up in his private dorm. She was surprised that it was so vast, almost like an adjacent private living quarters away from everyone else. She watched quietly when the clone placed Jean on the couch and winced in sympathy when he grunted in pain.

Nicole felt a tug of guilt in her heart as she watched the man take one glass of milk after another and quietly stood there, looking out a window instead of the scene before her. What ever Jean did every morning looked rather painful. Why was he putting himself through all of this pain? She realized her question was rhetorical the moment she thought it. Why did she stay with a husband that brought her first child into the world by force? Why did she not fight when her parents and his forced them to marry soon afterwards when she wouldn't have an abortion? Why did she stay and let that man torture her and abuse her in more ways than what she thought was even imagined and forced a second child to be born in the chaos? Deep down, she figured she needed to prove herself. That over and over again she kept making mistakes and she needed to redeem herself and that she was the one that needed to make things right. Silly, this wasn't about abuse though and living through it. This was about pain and dealing with loss. Carter was taken from her, the little boy she cherished even though she wasn't ready to have a child at the age of seventeen. Colton was taken away from them and Errol told her that Jean invited him along on the mission. She felt like they could relate on that level of pain...

Hearing Jean talk about breakfast, Nicole smiled gently and waved to the clone to have a seat. She then moved to the kitchen after placing the tray with the large file on the coffee table in front of Jean, going to the fridge to see what the man had. She was surprised to see a bounty of food and quickly assessed what was readily available at her hands. She knew she was going to have to make multiple things to sustain the energy that Jean lost this morning, but she was a mother. She learned quickly how to make breakfasts. It took a few moments to find her way around after opening drawers and cupboards to find where everything was at before she pulled out what she needed to get started. She found a mixture of black berries, raspberries, and blueberries and put them in a large bowl with bits of granola while also filling another bowl with yogurt. She moved back to Jean and handed his clone the food to eat before moving back to the kitchen. "
    How do you like your eggs?" she asked as she pulled out a carton of two dozen eggs, a huge package of bacon, another one with sausage, and a frozen package of pre-made hash-browns. She already placed a pan on the stove and began to heat it up as she put a little butter to begin to melt as she opened the breakfast meat packages. She wanted to get her mind off of something and she wanted to help Jean. That night still resonated with her and she was eternally grateful to him and knew she would forever be in his debt.

"
    On the list, there's a Twilight Sorrow... Take a look. It matches to Molly's pictures, and she said the woman had a hood that looked like a cat..." The mother trailed off as she began to work, not seeing if Jean would take a look or not. Why wasn't she more in-tuned with her daughter... Why did she allow this to happen... "The black list is a bounty list... Posted for only certain people to see. Twilight Sorrow is known for theft, murder, and kidnapping... Apparently she had kidnapped others, but no one can catch her. She even went as far as murdering the victim's family." Nicole instinctively reached up to her neck and rubbed at it before she realized what she was doing. She lowered her hand and focused on breakfast. She was here, she was alive, that was all that mattered. "Her background check and description is underneath that bounty sheet. Her real name is Tempest Abney, age twenty-eight. Rumor has it that she is paid by an unknown source to carry out the deeds. Who she gets paid by, no one knows. I think she was the one that tried to kill me... Molly told Jex that the woman told her that she would try to kill me if she said anything, and that she had been making check-ups on her at night when I was asleep..." Nicole bit her bottom lip, feeling the extreme guilt wash over her. She knew why Molly was afraid to talk to her, but it still pained her to know her child had harbored all this without her knowing. "But if she was there watching the house, that means she was probably not involved with what happened to Colton... But Carter's kidnapping and Colton's could be connected... Someone knew they had powers. Someone knew that Reno was a hotspot... Someone had to."

[​IMG]
    Jex froze in place when the barrage of thoughts flooded his mind. Ugh, not now. Just not now... He was busy. However, he had time to think himself... Silently, he closed his eyes. I want to talk to you too... I'm with Christie right now though, she needs a friend. I'll meet up with you in an hour? Maybe we can go get something to eat or have some hot chocolate... He then opened his eyes again, looking back at Christie with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, someone was trying to reach me through my phone," he said, tapping his forehead.

2. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Ryan smiled when he heard Jex's response. He finally talked to him. Ryan closed his eyes.
    "I'll meet you in the coffee shop at the mall, Jex. I'll see you in an hour!" he thought towards him. "Tell Christie she can have another friend in me."
    Ryan ran up to the front gate, opened it, and sprinted up to the bus stop on the right hand side of the mansion. He sat down and waited for the bus to come, looking at the dust crawling up the empty roads.
    YOU KILLED HIM!
    That man's voice kept ringing through his head. So many bad memories. Being pushed away from Jex, being shot, having that man shout at him for killing his friend. He looked down at his tanned brown sneakers which had loose laces lapping over the dry mud below his feet. A tear hit the right sneaker. He was still haunted by what he did, but at the same time, he was happy that he was going to see Jex again. He tried to focus more on the positive. He imagined his violet eyes looking at him longingly and his wonderful smile beaming back at him. He really wanted to see that in person again. They really felt something, but Ryan was afraid that it's too late. Jex wanted to talk to him too, and he focused on that as he waited for the bus to arrive. He began to hum Over My Head by The Fray, and then began to sing it. He was always melodramatic, and he loved to sing about how he felt. Suddenly the groan of the bus engine began to ring out among the empty streets. As the bus turned the corner, Ryan smiled and as the bus stopped, Ryan hopped in, excited.

Alex could hear Ryan from all the way inside the mansion. He rolled his eyes.
    "The kid's so pathetic. Spirited, but pathetic," he muttered as he shut off the tennis ball machine and placed his sword back into the sheathe.
    He always knew that Danni was a pain in the ass to him, but she was worse today.
    "Learn to turn it off, dimwit," he imitated. He hated it whenever someone said that. It's not that simple. He had oversensitive reactions to the thoughts in people's heads. That is the reason why he can never go to malls or a cinema because he'd pass out. "B***h," he spattered before moving into the main hallway. He wanted a job to do, and didn't want to spend any more time with these emotional idiots.
    He spoke to Errol, "You have to find Colton. These people are driving me nuts."
    He walked over to the job board, and scanned the jobs available. It was too bad he couldn't go by himself. He needed some sort of backup, no matter how idiotic they were. He saw the name, Tomas Mullane. He was always more sympathetic towards the kids, especially after his family threatened to kill him for his powers at 15.
    "I will track down where Tomas is. Did you find anything out about him, Errol?" he messaged him.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  3. Mysty Unknown

It was 3 weeks ago, the tests were coming to a close and the last person remaining was Noah. He walked into the room, an expression quite different from his normal normal smile had become one of seriousness. He reached for the device that would transfer him into the world of the test. Every world was different. Last time he did this test, the world contained nothing and no one. It was a world where nobody could appreciate him, nobody could be ridiculed, nobody and nothing. He had succeeded that test, overcoming his struggles. Now was the time for another test of his patience. He placed the mask on and entered the test.

His eyes had reopened into a world much different from his last testing experience. He was surrounded by people with names over their heads and a health bar in a semi-circle across their bodies. He had done it, he was now a video game character! A large monitor appeared in front oh him and the rest. It had written on it "WELCOME TO CGO!"

A person appeared on the monitor. It was a tall man with blue hair and black armor. "Welcome to the game everyone. You have entered the world of Card Games Online! You might have noticed that there is no way to return back to your world. I have made it impossible. You will die instantly if you return. The only way to come back is to defeat me on the top of Level 10 with your card game skills. There are bosses on each level that you must surpass to reach me. Good luck... Oh and if your LP hits 0, you die."

Noah stood there with a smile on his face. This was a test alright, this was a test to see how long he could take it to the end. He had to win. There was no such thing as losing to Noah. He was a winner. Anyone to face him would be a loser. After the announcement, a large ring appeared around his arm for where cards could be placed. This was a dream come true.

The next day was a cold winter morning, at dawn, a time before the light of the world went over the world. Noah stood at the first boss of Level 1 ready to fight! He met several other people around him, some cool looking, some looking like absolute dweebs. There weren't any avatars so he could tell who the top classes were and who weren't. Usually it was the handsome men with outrageous spiky hair that would end up being the ones to win this game. The challenge for the first floor was that it could only be one on one duels. Noah had no problem with this and went forward to face the first challenger.

"I'm here to face you in a dual. I'm more than likely to win though! I'm the protagonist of this video game!" Noah shouted out, completely ready to claim victory in this match.
    "I summon, the 1st Wall Master! I also place one card face down. I end my turn!"

His opponent saw nothing of it. He did not speak and only acted. The man placed no cards face down but summoned the Key Hero on attack mode. The Key Hero attacked and destroyed the 1st Wall Master.

"You've activated my creatures special ability! Now I can summon 2 creatures with of the same class. I summon 2nd Wall Master and 3rd Wall Master. I now play Hell's Rejection to summon back my 1st Wall Master. Luckily I also have this card, Fu-sion-ha! Together my monsters shall now make the 4th Wall Destroyer. Now, 4th Wall Destroyer, attack!" The creature attacked and knocked away half of the bosses LP. "Ha, now that my monster has destroyed yours and you have no other monsters on the field, I get to see your hand!"

Noah studied the cards that the boss had on hand and noticed that some were very good, one could even defeat him, if he didn't have made a preparation already. He ended his turn and the battle continued. They went back and forth until Noah defeated him completely.
    "Now to Level 2."

Level 2 was a town filled with springs and cat like people. He wouldn't lie to himself, he liked this level a bit, he couldn't really figure it out. It was around this time that he met a girl, another person trapped in this game. She was beautiful and had all the right features that a man could want. She was a bit sassy too and that was a bonus in Noah's eyes. The two of them worked together for the next several floors. It was time that they were on the 9th floor together. Time in the real world was probably now 2 weeks later.

"Selena, you are truly the love of my life. I hope that some day, we can find each other in the real world. Let's head out and slay some monsters with our weapons to go and get some rare cards! We'll need them if we are to beat this death game. After all, there are only a few of us left." The two went to a dungeon together and took on a monster. It was huge, had scales, and a nasty temper. The two of them worked together, destroying the monster with their awesome skills. However, the monster entered a new form and as it did, it impaled Selena in one strike.

"Selena! No! You cant die. Who else will I brag to, who else will listen to my awesomeness?"

"It's okay Noah. I knew this would happen. I'm just a computer program, we could never... cough... be together. I love you, goodbye."

"I refuse!" With a burst of psychic energy radiating from Noah, he turned towards the dragon and glared. "You have killed the only thing that I loved almost as much as myself. Real or not, we had a connection. You will pay!" Noah released his ultimate powers and slayed the beast, acquiring the card: The Green Eyes Gray Dragon.

Noah moved his way to Level 10, the card that killed his friend at his side. This card had meaning, he knew he had to get out of this world! He climbed up to meet the man with blue hair and black armor. The two looked at each other with different expressions. Noah was filled with rage, the other filled with pride.

"Who are you, why are you doing this!" Noah shouted.

"Why, Noah, isn't it obvious. I'm clearly the ultimate boss, the one that will never lose and make your life a living hell. I'm the only one that can be a match for you... I am you. I'm the real Noah, look at me, the ultimate badass to ever live. Nobody can beat me, but truly on the inside I just want to be loved and have someone who cares about me more than myself. That is the only way to get rid of my ego, but I also don't want that because then I will lose this badassness. I'm weak! My weakness is my own desire to be strong and be the best that no one ever was!"

"No, you're wrong! You're NOT me!" This was no longer a battle between card games, this was a battle to decide it all. Noah was the only survivor and this man was claiming to be him. Noah unlcoked a hidden skill, the monster summon skill. The dragon card had become a physical being and was beside him. The other Noah smiled and a dragon with gray eyes and green scales appeared behind him.

"Let the game begin." Fake Noah charged towards Noah and the two had their weapons clash. The weapon was the same. Noah had created the weapon to be unique and impossible to copy. This man was his double. The two continued to fight with each other and dual, person to person, card to card. Eventually, Noah had fallen to his knees.

"See that, me. I'm clearly better. I have nothing holding me back."

"That is where you are wrong... I have something that you could never have..."

"What is that?"

"I'm real and a godmod!" He rose up and stabbed his counterpart, his dragon doing the same thing. The Fake Noah had fallen and as did his dragon.
    "I understand. You are me, and I need to accept that. But then again, Nobody is as awesome as me. You suck. You aren't me because you lost. Looks like I was right. I'm the protagonist and now the game is over. 3 weeks later. I bet Danni misses me. She probably is just in tears right about now. I'll show her that her majestic prince is alive and well."

The game ended and the mask had fallen off, bringing Noah back to reality.

4. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

About 20 minutes later, Ryan saw the mall in the distance from the empty bus.
    "Shiny Brook Mall," an announcer said over a PA system. Ryan smiled. He was able to find the place. He was pretty good with directions, and looked it up about a week ago. Alex got the idea from Ryan thinking about it. Ryan put the situation between himself and Jex in countless scenarios, thinking how it would go. What else would he think when stuck inside a room for 3 weeks?
    The bus stopped at the busy station, which connected the city of Reno to various locations. A plume of dust lifted from the air as Ryan left the bus. It was so dusty in Nevada.
    He entered inside, and was greeted by a smell of oriental Chinese food, and freshly made fries. It was close to 10am, which was when the restaurants usually began to open. They must have been prepping. In front of him were crowds of people, blistfully talking to each other, ready to enter inside the stores for the latest deals.
    "I want to get a handbag. The most expensive," said a woman in a designer outfit with a loud hat. Ryan wasn't much for fashion. He liked to just wear jeans and a shirt. He thought fashion was a bit pretentious as they could be spending money on something more important. He glanced over to a man who looked almost like the woman he just saw. Pampered. Loud. Tanned. Gay. He had a handbag over his wrist and flaunted it off. From the last three weeks, he figured that being gay was just hidden, but this man didn't show that at all. He was proud, but his presentation made Ryan cringe a little. That was the stereotype right there, and he disliked the man for it. Being gay was normal to him. He realized that, and that's what he wanted to say to Jex. He didn't care how people saw him. Most people accepted it anyway nowadays. It was just his family who didn't accept it, and to be honest, that was the past. It was time to live his own life.

Suddenly Ryan felt something hit his back, and then it stayed there. He heard a man growling behind him. He smelled alcohol from the breath.
    "Say anything, and someone else will get killed. We'll both be known to the world then, and you don't want that, do you?"
    At this point, they were in the middle of the mall. The man sounded familiar, but Ryan could barely focus as he widened his eyes, breathless.
    Is that a gun? It's that man! Oh, s**t, Oh, s**t. Oh, s**t
    He tried to keep a straight face as he felt the gun placed on his back. The man had it hidden behind his jacket. He felt his body tremble. His feet were shaking, his fingers were shaking, and all he could think about was Jex. His heart beat raced, and sweat began to pour down his forehead.
    "When we get out of this mall, I want you to get into my car, and then we will go to the park. I will then kill you for what you did and who you are," he said with a cold, chilling voice.
    Ryan dared not to respond. He didn't want to trouble the man at all. A tear fell on his cheek. He was so scared, but couldn't show it. He was trying his best to keep a straight face. He watched the crowds blur by them. Jex was so faraway, but he had to try to message him. He tried to focus as much as he could on his face. He really wanted to see him again.
    "Jex...the man's here...he has a gun on my back. If I say anything-"
    He stopped, horrified at what was going on. What would happen if he couldn't keep his cool?
    "....someone else gets shot........I don't have long....so if I don't see you again.....I just wanted to let you know I love you....."
    He paused, thinking about what he just said. He was right. He loved him. He didn't know him for that long, but he was there for him in his darkest moment. It sounded odd to him, but in his heart, he knew how he felt.
    "I don't care what other people think....I haven't met you for long, but...I know it in my heart...I need you with me, Jex...."
    They continued to walk down the shopping aisles, passing by clothes stores, and restaurants along the way. He tried to not tear up while saying how he felt about Jex. He really wanted to see him again, but it may never happen.
    "I'm sorry..."

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  5. Maka Albarn It's called love

"WeEeEeE-AHHH!!! Watch ou-" A young, pink haired female crashed into the pair that was heading out the mall, flailing her arms as if to try to fly as she pretty much face planted in the sidewalk. She groaned as she rolled over on her back, getting a crowd around her as she struggled to regain good vision again.

She shook her head, and then gave a thumbs up. "I'm OKAAAAY!" She sat up, slowly getting to her feet before she dusted off. She was wearing a purple, old looking helmet with rainbow duct tape at the top to hold it together, elbow pads, wrist pads, and elbow pads.

She giggled as she took off her helmet, shaking her hair out. "Whew! That was a doozy." She then found her skateboard, the wheels facing the sky and still spinning like it wanted to give up the ghost already. It too had colorful rainbow duct tape on it as well to match her worn out helmet. She planted her feet on the board, kicking it up for her to catch it.

"Yay!" The girl then remembered what happened and gasped. "Oh my sprinkles! I'm so sorry!" She rushed over to the older teen and man, dancing nervously in place. "Are you hurt? Do you need a band aid? Um, I think I have some Mickey Mouse ones and Hello Kitty somewhere," she said, frantically digging through her worn out pockets. "Or maybe you like Transformers... Hopefully I have those on hand!"

~~~

Why don't you come talk to me about that first? Errol said back to Alex in a calm manner. Stop by my office and I'll have something for you to go off of for that job.

6. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Tyrant was furious. He was barely able to return the gun into his jacket pocket. He glared at the girl and pushed her out of the way.
    "We will be fine, thank you. My nephew and I have plans, don't we?"
    He looked over to Ryan with an intense stare. Ryan nodded nervously looking into his cold eyes before getting up to his feet. Ryan was relieved slightly. That bought him some time, but how much? The boy's chest was flaring slightly, making him grit his teeth. They began to walk through the crowd, and were now by the department store. Ryan's heart plummeted. Jex didn't respond yet, and he will never know how he felt. Ryan thought about fighting back as he was walking forwards. Now Tyrant didn't have the ability to pull his gun into position. There were still too many people. His heart was pounding against his chest.
    "Calm down," Tyrant spoke with aggression behind his voice.

Alex began to walk up to Errol's office. On the way, he looked at the paintings scattered across the walls. Famous landscapes, people, food, you name it. Alex liked to look at them once in a while to calm his mind. He liked looking into other people's thoughts, but at the same time, the thoughts from the anxious people around him were just too much. At the end of the hallway was Errol's office and once there, Alex tapped on the door three times before entering inside. Alex put his hands behind him in a formal manner and bowed his head. He asked, "Sir, what do you have that can help me? Is there also anyone able to take this on with me?"

7. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

The mission was a success. A subject had been retrieved, and brought back for testing. Although they hadn't necessarily gone unnoticed. They simply didn't know it was them yet. If he could find out a few key individuals that were tracking them, he could feed them false information and throw them off of their trail. Perhaps make it go cold entirely. Nevertheless, that would come later. Right now, there was a test subject and he needed to study it. India entered the room, with a fair bit of equipment hooked up to Colton. Isabella was in the room, and informed them of his poor health. "Don't worry. I won't do anything to seriously injure him." He pulled a syringe from the various tools he had brought with him. "This is a drug used to induce hallucinations. We're going to see how you react to stress."

India smiled grimly as he approached him with the needle. Slowly, he stuck it into his arm and pumped the fluid into his body. With the chemicals inside of him, and..."unusual" things he might witness would likely be disregarded as mad visions, if not by him then by everyone else. He didn't glance at Isabella, merely thought of her presence. She was a telepath. That could get in the way of what he was about to do. He couldn't have her discovering his...talents. Of course, if she happened to not be peering into the boy's mind at the time, there would be no problems, right? Slowly and subtly, he reached out and touched Isabella's mind. He planted a small thought. So subtle it couldn't even really be considered a thought. It was more well perceived as an instinct. a gut feeling that you likely wouldn't even notice due to it not feeling out of place. It was an internal deterrent against looking into his mind for the time being.

Now that she was out of the way, his attention returned to Colton. What made him tick, he wondered? The best way to find out...would be directly. In that moment, India walked within Colton's mind. At first, there was only darkness. An endless abyss of nothingness, but soon, one realized that it wasn't empty, there were eyes, peering from all around. Hm. Interesting. He looked over, and saw Colton standing at the edge of what was now a cliff, the scene having changed entirely. Thoughts tended to be erratic, never lingering in one place for long. Well, this should be interesting. With his inception, he could control the hallucinations to some extent. Give the mind an idea, and it tends to accept it, make it part of it, and build upon it. "falling." And falling he was. plummeting to his inevitable death as the cliff collapsed, when the dark and murky water changed into sky. The two of them were standing among dark and stormy clouds, lightning ripping across the air. The clouds began to subtly look as though they had designed shapes to them. a beast. A horrific monster, of indescribable form. This was, for all intents and purposes, a dream. The mind required very little information in a dream to accept it as not unusual. This monster didn't even really need any shape at all. Colton just needed to believe it did. All at once, it was no longer a cloud, but the beast itself staring him down.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Shivering as she placed the car on the ground once more in the park across from her, Christie turned and took the hot chocolate from Jex. "Thanks" she said. The moment she accepted the hot chocolate, a wave of guilt rushed through her. Had she been taken, she doubted she would be able to have such luxuries, which meant that Colton wouldn't be able to have any, either. And if that was the case..

"Actually, I'll be fine. Thanks for the offer though Jex" Christie said, changing her mind and handing it back to the boy. What gave her the right to get things like that when she was part of the reason Colton couldn't? She'd had this inner conflict many times over the last few weeks, allowing herself to eat and drink what she needed to remain healthy, but anytime any luxury was offered to her she avoided it.

"Hey, Jex, have you seen Danni around today? I need to talk to her whenever I can, it's nothing too big just something I need to do" the telekinetic explained. She wanted to take the test, of that much she was sure. Not necessarily a simulation, but whatever it took to prove that she was capable of doing what needed to be done to bring back Colton. Christie wanted the guilt to leave her body and the nightmares to stop; she hadn't had a good night's sleep since the day she had messed up.

[​IMG]
    Walking into Starbucks, Lucas strolled over to the counter to order. He felt like a coffee. Nothing special, just a flat white. Although, while his tastebuds wanted just plain coffee, he felt the need to vent out his frustration. If he could do it whilst pushing someone to breaking point, all the better; it proved he was still good at his job. "Good morning. I suggest a pen and paper, you're going to need it" Lucas said. The employee he was being served by was what appeared to be about a 17 year old male. Shouldn't be too hard, he thought to himself. Lucas waited until the teen had turned their back to him, before starting the order from hell.

"Okay, so I'd like a-"
    "One moment sir, I need the pen and paper you requested"
    "I'd like a grande in a vente cup double cupped half caf skinny two pump peppermint white mocha extra whip, with no chocolate shavings. Actually, I like chocolate shavings. No no, I need to watch my weight. What the hell, I've been working hard, I'll have them....wait no, I won't have them. No chocolate shavings. As well as that, I'll have an everything bagel with four packets of your freshest herb cream cheese, double toasted. Remember that; double toasted. It's very important. And don't forget the butter this time" the investigator said. The teenager had a very, very unimpressed look on their face as they wrote what they could down, before nodding and asking for a name. "Lucas. L-U-C-A-S. That's L for larry, U for-"
    "Sir, I know how to spell"
    "My apologies. With no offence intended, of course, your appearance makes you appear as though you're...well...how to put this....ah, your appearance makes you appear as though you are suited to nothing more than a trash collector" Lucas insulted, allowing a small smile as though he had just thought of the most amazing thing in the world. The teenager went to go make his ever-so-specific order.

Five minutes later, the teenager came back. Lucas paid for his order and then went to sit down with it at a table. He took one bite into the bagel, and damn that kid was good; they had made it exactly as he'd ordered, but the taste wasn't the reason he had ordered it. Spitting out crumbs onto the ground as though it were absolutely disgusting, he stormed up to the counter and slammed the bagel on the counter before him. "I need to speak with the boy who made me this. Now" the investigator demanded in the most dickish of tones possible. The cashier nodded and went to get the teenager. Moments later, the teen returned with a grumpy look on his face, only making Lucas' mood lift that much more. "What is this crap? I asked for double toasted, not single toasted. I would like another one immediately, as I believe I am entitled to" he ordered.
    "You can't have a refund"
    "That's fine, I didn't ask for one. Were you even listening? I want a replacement, not my money back"

"Can't have another bagel either, sorry"
    "Does your manager share that same opinion? Maybe I should speak with them" Lucas suggested. This kid was doing well to hold it together, to not break thus far. However, Lucas wouldn't rest until he had broken him. He felt a little bad picking on a poor kid like that, but if he didn't release the pent up aggression somehow then he may have been found out by the other scientists, and then there was a lot more trouble for him than a messed up bagel. The teen gave Lucas the death glare to end all death glares before walking off to get Lucas what he asked for. He returned moments later, giving the detective his bagel and then tapping one of the baristas on the shoulder, presumably asking to swap places. This was confirmed by the teen taking over making coffees whilst the barista began taking orders.

Lucas went and sat down, taking one bite out of his bagel. That kid deserved a promotion, seriously. The first one was great, the second was breathtaking. Lucas made the decision to let him off the hook. The kid had swapped positions, that was as close to admitting defeat as Lucas wanted to push him for that moment. It was a little beyond a-

LOOKAS

Seriously? After my orders, after me spelling it out for him, he still screwed it up? Or did he do it on purpose? He probably thinks he's won, that no matter what happens he gets the last laugh, especially now that he isn't taking the orders. Oh, you are so screwed, kid, Lucas thought to himself. The detective glanced at the teenager, only to see that the teen was watching him very closely. In fact, Lucas was pretty sure he saw the slightest hint of a grin among the frustration. That wouldn't last long. Taking a sip, Lucas came to the conclusion that kid was a god among baristas. The Bagel was the best he'd ever had, the coffee blew it out of the water though. Kinda sucked he wouldn't get to drink much of it. Quickly, he spat out the entire mouthful of coffee all over the table and floor before standing up to protest.

"WHAT THE **** IS YOUR PROBLEM?!" came the angriest, loudest scream Lucas had ever heard from a 17 year old.
    Lucas shrugged his shoulders. "No problem, I just want a good coffee and and a tasty bagel, apparently it's impossible" he responded in a calm voice, hiding the smirk.
    "I MADE THAT BAGEL TO PERFECTION, BOTH OF THEM! AND I MADE THE DAMN COFFEE EVEN BETTER DESPITE YOUR MILLION DAMN REQUESTS! WHO EVEN ORDERS HALF CAF? CAN'T DECIDE BETWEEN FULL AND DECAF? OR WHO ORDERS WHIPPED CREAM WATCHING THEIR FIGURE? WHAT HELLHOLE DID YOU CRAWL OUT OF BEFORE DECIDING YOU WANTED TO GO AND GET COFFEE?!" the teenager shouted furiously. His manager grabbed his shoulder and tried to pull him away, but the teen resisted. "THIS IS HIS FAULT NOT MINE! THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT, THIS GUY IS A ****ING LIAR!" he cried as a customer jumped the counter and assisted the manager with dragging the kicking and screaming teenager away.

Sitting down once more, he continued drinking his coffee. He stopped momentarily as the door opened and he could see Kye's hat. "Careful Kye, asking for good coffee and bagels is a crime" Lucas said, a knowing smirk on his face.

[​IMG]
    Welp, he'd messed up a little. He'd gone too far, but he had kind of expected that. What he hadn't expected was Jason to actually do something about it. So the man grabbing him around the neck and slamming him into a wall was not comforting in the slightest. Tobias loved the idea of self injury, loved the idea of any injury, but death...well, death wasn't really an injury anyone ever came back from. So that wasn't okay. He had to think of something and fast.

"That's okay, I can make my own sandwiches. She doesn't have to do all the work. I will be a great husband!" he exclaimed, unable to resist. Why did I do that? That won't help me, he thought. this was confirmed seconds later by Jason's fist slamming into the wall beside him, cracking it a little. Yup! Bad idea!

Luckily for him, two random people pulled Jason off of him and held him there. The father seemed to force himself to calm down, and Tobias cautiously strolled past him. "Man, that's one hell of an engagement present. I love you too dad" the boy said, and waited. No hands around his throat, no lack of breathing, no sound of some unseen blade being drawn, hell not even a hit to his back. Had Jason actually found a way to calm himself? Turning around, he got his answer when he saw Jason struggling with all his might against the two people, straining forward to try and get Tobias. No, he hadn't found a way.

Leaving Jason, he walked over to Cynthia. Now, there was taking risks and then there was outright suicide, and at that point Tobias was seriously questioning whether it was still 'taking risks'. "Hey future wifey, we might want to let dad know he needs to take anger management classes. Don't want you to take them though, it's what keeps you sexy. Hey, do you think we can bring up the kids to have them believe Jason is the literal anti-christ? I think it could be fun" he said. Either he was really stupid, or had balls the size of steel. Probably a bit of both. No, definitely a bit of both.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As Lucas left Isabella continued to dance around attaching the last few wires and flipping on all their equipment. The heart monitor, the brain wave monitor, temperature to make sure it didn't raise too much more. She didn't want him dying on them, then they needed to find a new test subject and that would be a real pain. She ensured that all the stands for the drip bags were in position and round one that would help bring down the fever he was working up, hooking it up to one of the IV's. "There we are, all ready until we decide what to test today." She said in a jovial voice.

It was about then that India approached them. It seemed that he had an experiment to run himself. She had been hogging the boy quite a lot the past three weeks, she supposed that she could share. India had insured her that he wouldn't injure the boy today, and she trusted him with that, apparently he was just going to cause hallucinations. Isabella's brow furrowed and her mouth moved from side to side as she thought. She soon walked over to a small fridge and grabbed out another IV bag out of it and soon hooked it up. "A paralysis I made myself. Prevent him from getting too worked up he can't hurt himself. Don't worry it won't effect his mind." Isabella looked at India as she forced Colton to lay down and started the IV so it was soon working into his system, but keeping the boy very much awake. She also added a face mask to control his breathing. With his coughing fits and symptoms she figured the more they worked him the harder he would be finding it to breath is it was probably the best for his health. The brain wave and heart rate chart should help measure how he dealt with stress, and no one else besides her could see what was actually going on in his mind. However as India injected Colton a part of her felt like it was none of her business to what was going on here. "I am going to go get a coffee. Tell me when you are done. I want to see if I can make him a bit better before he can you know, die on us accidentally. I haven't had enough time to work with him yet." Isabella explained before skipping away.

After pouring a single cup of coffee Isabella made her way back to the lab in which Colton was contained. It always amazed her. She was never much for artificial intelligences and studying robotic type stuff but looking at it was fascinating. She soon found Lyle and tapped on his shoulder. "Whats up doc?" Isabella asked as she turned herself into an image of Bugs Bunny eating a carrot with her illusion magic. "India is working with our subject. Is there anything I can help with here? I know heaps of stuff and will do whatever you request. Just let me help, please! I'm bored!!" Isabella began to ask, talking rather quickly... perhaps this being her sixth cup of coffee might have been too much considering how early it was still.
    [​IMG]
    Fear was apparent in Colton's eyes as India approached him talking about hallucinations and wondering how he dealt with stress. The needle came closer and Colton got increasingly more uncomfortable. He heard his heart rate raising as it come closed and the needle broke his skin. As it was removed Isabella hooked up another IV and laid him back putting on a face mask. Colton let out another coughing fit before the hallucinations began to take over his mind.

The science lab that was around him grew darker, as he looked around it seemed there were eyes everywhere, watching him, waiting to take him again, to kill him. They were all eyes of evil men. No they couldn't have him. "Stay away from me!" He yelled as he used his powers to pick up pebbles and use his telekinetic bullets to throw them into the darkness at high speeds, trying to hit they eyes, but they eyes kept moving. In the lab however Colton had not picked anything up due to the fact that what he thought he was picking up was nothing more than a figment of his imagination as was him using his powers. In this deep of a hallucination his mind created a wall between what he did in reality and in his mind. The powers he would use, lucky for everyone did not actually happen.

Colton continued to stumble around in the Illusion throwing things at the eyes but they soon faded to him finding himself on the edge of a cliff. He looked down and started to back away. As he did he felt an urge to go forward but he didn't, instead the ground disappeared from under him and he was falling, falling to his death. Panic was written across his face and the heart rate monitor. Some part of his subconscious knew this was just a hallucination, however it felt so real that that part of him was lost. He looked down to see murky water bellow him. However this scene soon changed too.

He was now standing once more watching a thunderstorm... he hated those things. They were always too loud and the thunderclap reminded him of the gun shot that echoed through the alleyway as he ran for his life when he was ten. He couldn't prevent himself from shaking and the hallucination switched between that and memories. The quick flash of lightning were filled with his memories of that night. In front of him one of the storm clouds started to form a monster, a beast that was heading towards him. It no longer seemed to be made out of just clouds, but something more solid. Colton stumbled back in fear as he looked upon the thing. Any object her could find was being thrown through the air as a telekinetic bullet. He tired to run but he couldn't. Looking down his feet were lead. Sweat dripped down his face as his heart rate raised even higher than before. Though in his mind he couldn't so much tell he was coughing, he lay on the table having a coughing fit. He could hardly breath because of it, and this only made the panic worse. He couldn't tell what was real or not anymore. "Uncle Errol! Anyone! Help me!" He shouted out still staring down the monster.
    [​IMG]
    Jason was staring Tobias down when he was grabbed by two men in their late twenties. It took both of them to pull him off and keep him away. Once away from Tobias Jason took a few deep breaths to try to calm himself down, not worry about it. Tobias was not serious, he never was, and Cynthia could handle herself so he shouldn't have to worry. However this attitude changed once again as Tobias mad another comment that made Jason fume again and pull against the two young men once again. "Keep your damn trap shut!" He shouted.

Soon enough Tobias walked away to Cynthia, if she was going to kill him he was not going to stop it. The two men let Jason go and went about their business. Jason turned around and left the room. He was not dealing with that boy any more right now. He needed to find someone to watch those two or at the very least get them off the mission. Jason walked up the hall and to Benjamin's office hoping he would be in there. Knocking on the door he waited to see if he would be let in.

[​IMG]
    A scythe swung stopping mere centimeters before Tobias' throat. "Ballsy, for that I won't kill you. However I recommend you don't push daddy so hard next time. He will kill you." Cynthia responded sounding pretty friendly. However her face quickly turned deadly serious. "But ever say anything like that to me again and your head will be rolling on this floor. I am not scared to make it happen and you know it. So don't you dare test me." She scowled slowly lowering her scythe. "I need a coffee before we start today, that is IF we get any work done. But you have been slacking so much lately I doubt it will happen. Why the hell are you even still on this case. If you are not going to help leave me the hell alone." Cynthia said once again before walking towards the door of Raven Sun.

10. Maka Albarn It's called love

Jex frowned when Christie refused the hot chocolate. It pained him to see his friends putting themselves through so much strain and heartache for Colton. They really needed to find him.

The teen sighed out, throwing the towel to Christie before she could reject it. "Danni's at the academy, pretty pissed of. I think she's-"

All the sudden, the boy's Spidey-Senses- I mean, telepathic line to Ryan became active. Jex dropped the hot chocolate when he heard the boy's frantic cries for help, turning away from Christie. Ryan, what's going on? Are you okay? More thoughts; the man was there, the man had a gun, Ryan didn't want others to get hurt... Another kidnapping was going down. I love you too, Ryan. Whatever you do, make a scene, something. I'm on my way, keep me posted. Keep telling me where you are.

Jex then turned to Christie. He was pale, stricken with anxiety. "I need your help," he said shakily. "Ryan's getting kidnapped as we speak, at the mall. I need to go." Without much of a word, Jex dropped the umbrella and took off sprinting as fast as he could down the street. The mall was about five blocks away. He prayed that he would make it there in time. Please be okay, please be okay...

~~~~~

The pink haired girl watched as the pair went off. She reached out to the man's mind, and then the boy. Something was not right...

Without much of a thought, the girl put on a big grin and ran to catch up with the pair with a skip in her step. "HEY BROTHER!" she exclaimed loudly, getting several looks from other shoppers. She then hooked arms with Ryan, smiling up at him. "WHY ARE YOU WITH THIS STRANGE MAN? KIND OF WEIRD OF YOU WALKING OFF WITH SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW! STRANGER DANGER, REMEMBEEEEER?"

The strange girl gave Ryan a wink and then turned to the man that was rather threatening and on edge. She then cupped a hand under her chin as if she was going to blow him a kiss. Suddenly, a stream of sparkly white, red, hot pink, lime green, and neon blue feathers came seemingly out of no where. She was hoping to blind the guy. Holding Ryan's arm tightly, she gave a good tug to get him away from the man.

"Run~" she whispered in a sing song voice and began to start a sprinting spree, trying to drag her new friend along.

~~~~

"Yes?" Benjamin called from his desk. He was wearing his reading glasses, shuffling papers around to organize things better. This was a pain. Due to the killing spree at the casino, Benjamin had to fill out a lot of paper work and even give the manager and the family of the deceased funds as not only as an apology, but to keep them hush hushed. And it was a rather large sum of funds... He was not too happy about that among with other matters. "Come in, come in," he offered the being at the door, figuring someone wanted to talk to him.

~~~~

"Oh my," Kye said as she waltzed in the shop, taking it easy. She examined the mess before her, and then smirked under the shade of her top. "When the Lukey's mad, someone's head gets had." She carefully stepped over spilled coffee and bagel pieces to the table where Lucas was before pulling up a chair to have a seat. She turned it backwards so the back of the chair was to the table edge, straddling the seat, before placing her elbows on the table and then resting her chin on interlaced hands. "So what has Mister Serious in a weather ruffle? Mood matching the light show?" She asked, gesturing her head to the window just as lightening flashed. She then looked to the remaining staff left to tend the coffee bar. They looked so terrified. She smirked again, nodding her head to a girl she recognized from coming here often. Immediately the girl took her cue and began to make Kye's usual order. "Shop of buzzes indeed..."

11. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Ryan's heart leapt in fear as the girl hooked arms with him. Time felt like it stopped, and he was panicking. Did she know what was going on? She's endangering everyone in this mall.
    "HEY BROTHER! WHY ARE YOU WITH THIS STRANGE MAN? KIND OF WEIRD OF YOU WALKING OFF WITH SOMEONE YOU DON'T KNOW! STRANGER DANGER, REMEMBEEEEER?" she shouted loudly.
    "Don't... please stop..." he muttered, not wanting anyone to get harmed. Flashes of men, women and children's faces he saw from the mall appeared in his mind.
    Then before he knew it, feathers appeared in front of Tyrant. He was pissed. He could hear that from the growling he was making. He began to scream in anger as Ryan began to run with her. Someone else was going to die because of him.

However, Tyrant was never going to hurt anyone who was normal. They were part of his kin, and he did not want to harm his own people. It was only a bluff. After knocking away the feathers, the two were just blurs among the crowd, but he could still see them. He ran towards them, panting angrily.

Ryan, what's going on? Are you okay? I love you too, Ryan. Whatever you do, make a scene, something. I'm on my way, keep me posted. Keep telling me where you are.

Jex received the message, and he said he loved him and that he was coming. Ryan smiled briefly, but then realized what situation he was in. He continued to run through the crowds of people, who were blocking their way. His chest began to pulse pain, and it began to take the breath out of him. He was becoming fatigued. He gripped the girl's hand tightly, as they ran around the corner towards the entrance.
    "I'm with a girl, and she made a distraction and we're running. I'm at Entrance 2"
    He scanned the area for any landmarks. A tea shop.
    "We're near a tea shop called Tea Paradise. Be careful," he thought to Ryan. He looked back at Tyrant, who was catching up. He looked like a raging bull, and he was going to be the one who was about to feel his wrath.

Tyrant while chasing down Ryan and the girl consistently thought to bring his pistol out, but that would cause so much trouble. He didn't want to scar anyone. He wanted to do this quick and easy without anyone involved. Now, this girl is becoming a pain, and she was a telepath too. He was catching up with his military trained running abilities. He knew how to breath properly, and he was in top condition as opposed to Ryan. It was only going to be a matter of time.

12. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"That's a shame... If we could have just gotten a bit more, we might have had a solid lead..." Jean replied, looking up to the ceiling. His body was still undergoing myogenesis and bone remodeling. Heck, he'd probably be laying on that couch for a while. Probably until the afternoon. The clone remained standing nearby, looking over to Nicole as she went about checking the fridge. Items were moved around as the woman went about getting breakfast ready. A smile fell on Jean's face when he began to think about breakfast. All those calories converted into energy and at the nutrients that will be absorbed from it.

The clone took ahold of the blacklist resting on the coffee table, immediately looking up the so clued Twilight Sorrow Nicole mentioned. There was a picture of the girl. Surely enough, it was exactly how the creepy woman looked like in Molly' s mindwalk. The information was being seen by Jean through the clones eyes. It was a cool connection he had with his other clones. Tempest, that was the woman's first name. Jean's eyes were still staring up at the ceiling while the visual information was being relayed.

"Sunny side up, if you will." He replied to the egg question.

The pan crackled loudly as food was cooked. The smell was reaching the scholar's nose. Stomach began to growl as he spoke,
    "Well...now that we have an identity... Maybe we should set a trap for her. Get her to talk, no?"

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  13. CrownMoksha Decimo

A little boy was strapped to some kind of chair. His legs, arms, wrists, ankles, and forehead were bound to the reclined chair, giving him little to no room to move. He grunted, struggling against the bounds. "Let me go!" He yelled, clenching his hands tightly. He had done this countless times, but he always still fought. Never mind how many gadgets were hooked up to him, he had a mission. He needed to get back to his little sister and mother. He needed to be there to protect them. He shut his eyes tightly, arching his backs and trying to find a weakness in the straps. They were made out of some kind of metal infused fabric, hard to break and hard to figure out to undo them. Only the scientist would know how to work them.

"Don't worry, I'll let you go once I'm done." Said the scientist, leaving out a very crucial piece of information, when would he be done. It had been quite a long time since the boy was first captured and brought to here for experimentation and every time he requested to be let go, he got the same answer. Over and over again without fail. The white haired scientist eyes were practically glued to the reading in from of him. There was nothing new to note, but that could easily be changed. "What emotion shall we test today? Any request?"

The eight year old glared at the man, clenching his teeth tightly. Every other day it was something new. Every other day, he was alone with this guy. But... The boy quickly glanced around, seeing a monitor. Even though he was hooked up, he could still... He breathed out, reaching out to one of the monitors. He imagined it being yanked toward the scientist, something. The machine suddenly tugged on cue, heading straight for the man. The little eight year old boy wasn't going to go down without a fight today.

Out of the corner of the man's eyes, he could see the machine being sent towards him. He wasn't fazed by this at all, for he had a counter measure. He wasn't hooked up to the machine just for observation reasons. He pressed the button on the nearby machine which sent a electric shock into the young boy. "Ah, ah ah. Cooperation will make this much less painful for you."

The boy screamed out when the electric shock went through his body, his limbs convulsing out of his control under his bindings. When it was over, he panted heavily, closing his eyes as they watered from the pain. He wanted to go home so badly... He wanted to be held by his momma, hear her sing to him, play with Molly and talk to her like he did when he was with her. He laid there, listening to his heartbeat slow down, taking in deep breathes to try to ease his pain that was throbbing in his muscles.

The scientist turned his attention back to the monitor and all it displayed was his decreased heart rate, yet nothing reacting in his brain. "Hmm, your brain is quite stubborn." He then walked towards the boy and placed his hand on his head. "If you want to go back home, all you have to do is cooperate. Does that sounds too hard?" The boy was really lucky that he was young, other wise he'd be going through a much more painful method experimenting or even a straight brain removal. However his brain was still growing, thus signs of what triggers could still be hidden in his head, all he needed to do was find them.

"You said that the last few times," the boy whispered through gritted teeth. "You keep breaking your promises!"

"Well you haven't been cooperating then. I only wants what best for you, but first you have to have to help me." The scientist said calmly. "So why don't you tell me how you trigger your powers."

"I don't know!" The boy snapped, opening his eyes. "They just happen when I think really hard!" He was being as truthful as possible. He didn't know what went on in his head or why he was the way he was.

"Hmm, then think as hard as you can and maybe we'll pick something up. If we do, you just might be going home soon." The scientist said.

The boy bit his lower lip, searching his memories. He hates to, but he was desperate. Wait... "Haven't you already figured something out?" He asked, trying to twist his wrists in the bands. "I've been here a long time, and you can't even figure me out?"

"Your a special case. Normally I would just rip out your brain and go from there, but your's is still developing meaning there might be some secrets that it holds." He then moved back in front of the machine monitoring any changes in his head. It always flared up where he started to use his powers. "Understand, unless you want your brain to be removed."

"No thank you," the boy muttered, still trying to figure out a weakness in these. But it was hard. Secrets? The boy wanted to know what exactly, but at the same time he didn't. His powers already caused so much trouble.

The man's finger started to tap on the machine as he waited. He had to admit that that boy was quite resilient to have endured all this. It was also good that he hadn't broken down in to a mess, made dealing with him so much more easier. "I'm waiting."

"I don't know what I'm suppose to do," argued the boy, stopping from squirming for a bit. He started up at the lights above him, listening to the hum of machines and the lights. He swore he could hear screaming coming from somewhere and felt chills run up his spine. He wondered if anyone else like him were here, and if they were, could they hear him if he yelled out enough? Would they know he was here? Would they try to look for him? Or if he turned off the lights...

'YOU'RE GOING TO GET IT, BOY!'

The boy jumped when he heard the voice in his head, and then the lights flickered. He focused on the voice, staring long and hard
    at them as he let the voice he feared come back.

'YOU'RE WORTHLESS! YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN! YOUR MOM CURSED YOU! SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE KEPT YOU, SHE-'

"Stop!" The boy exclaimed loudly. The lightbulbs in the room suddenly buzzed shrilly and began to explode loudly. The eight year old shut his eyes tightly as bits of glass began to fall from the ceiling and the room suddenly began to grow dark. He took in a couple of deep breathes, feeling like some sort of energy had been released, like he went for a quick sprint down a hill. He wondered if the lights went out in other places as well...

14. Mysty Unknown

[​IMG]

Now that Noah was free from that virtual world and had confronted himself on a personal level, he was ready to face the world and conquer it! The world of card games would be his! The only issue was that he needed... what was it again? A formal education? As lame as it was, it was true. Regardless, the boy flashed his new shiny card around. The card that would make him king, the green eyes gray dragon was now going to be his persona. The world he was in wasn't ready for such a power yet, so he'd save it for the future.

There was business to be done. Noah walked to the bathroom and did said business. 3 weeks of crap had gone on and he needed to free himself. Once that was done, he needed to now find the girl that was just soooo attracted to him. He knew it, everyone else knew it, Danni just didn't know it yet. He went and found her pretty quickly. She wasn't hard to find after all. There was only like a few spots that she went to.

"Danni!" He shouted towards her. He walked up to her and gave her a big kiss on the lips. "You're welcome." He stated with a smirk. "Its been 3 weeks. I'm amazed you haven't come to tears after seeing me survive that tragic test. I defeated it however! No need to praise me. I'll simply have dinner with you instead."

[​IMG]

[​IMG] - [​IMG] - [​IMG] - [​IMG]

The short girl skipped over to the job board. She was new to this academy and didn't know anybody. She thought maybe a job would help her get to know someone. She was afraid to meet real people, but her friends told her to not worry and just try.

"All these jobs look interesting, what do you think, Moony?"

There were 4 small creatures around her. These were creatures of mediocre intelligence that Luna's mind had created. There was Moony, the sprite of happiness, Drippy, the sprite of sadness, Leafy, the sprite of anger and disgust, and finally Loopy, the sprite of fear and surprise.

The small green bear-like creature looked over at Luna with a smile. The girl knew what it meant. The creatures could not speak, they could only move and make gestures. These were creatures that represented her emotions. They were all her friends.

"Yeah, you're right. We should partner up with someone."

15. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Kidnapped.

There was that word again. As Jex said it, Christie's face paled and she began shivering a little. Not because of the cold, but because of the fear that she had learned to associated with that word. Could she go to help? What if she failed? If she failed, would another person be lost because of her? She wasn't sure if she could handle it. She had to say no, she had to apologise to Jex and move on. And yet, she couldn't. She was a mentor, a teacher, and she had to help where she could. Gulping, she began following Jex. She would help, and she wouldn't fail. Not again.

[​IMG]
    Lucas looked out the window, watching people walk by. He wondered what it would be like to be just as they were. To be oblivious to everything going on in the world, to have no other worries in life other than when the next meal was. It must have been beautiful. And yet...he wouldn't give up his life for anything. Horrible things had happened to him, but they made him stronger and gave him the experience he needed to put away people that would cause those horrible things. People with powers. So long as they existed, there was no hope for anyone else. Turning his attention back to Kye, he decided to respond. "Kye, how much do you know about my current assignment?" he inquired.

[​IMG]
    Tobias barely reacted to Cynthia swinging her scythe so close to his throat. He blinked once, but that was it. "You're strange, Cynth. You make it seem like you can't stand me, like I drive you nuts, then you do **** like that that you know I love. You're sending mixed messages all over the place, why can't you admit you want me and quit messin' around with your own emotions? Or maybe your head's just not functioning properly without some form of caffeine, it'd explain why you're so damn angry without your morning coffee" Tobias grumbled, following behind Cynthia. "And I do help. You find the people that have information, I get that information, then you use that information to find someone else and we rinse and repeat. It's not hard to figure out, surprised it took you this long" the boy added, insulting the girl.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Cynthia clenched her teeth as Tobias talked. She wanted to rip his tongue out of his mouth so he could never speak to her again. "Mixed signals pah-leese you KNOW this is just how I am. I sure as hell don't do it because you love it. I do it because I seriously want to rip your head from your body. Whether you enjoy it or not I don't care at least it would shut you up for good. I would never have to hear that annoying voice of yours again." She spun around on her heals and started marching off. "And you sure as hell are right I need caffeine. Never piss off a before coffee Cynthia. You think normally I am bad. You should see me when I first wake up." She then marched off.

Cynthia stepped foot into the streets with an umbrella in hand, Tobias still trailing behind her being as annoying as ever talking about his version of help. "Your helping is getting me in a lot of trouble with dad. We need to do it so not everyone dies. I hate to say but killing apparently isn't always the answer. Not if we want to keep our positions. So grow the hell up for the rest of this mission." She finished saying as she walked up to a local coffee shop, ordered a coffee and got ready to leave once again not quite sure where to go now.

[​IMG]
    Jason entered Benjamins office and slouched down in the chair across from him. He started to rub his temples as he let out a long sigh and just look at Benjamin for a moment. "It is only morning and I could already use a drink, those two are driving me insane. No one is willing to take watching them on as a mission no matter how much I offer. I can't keep up with those two. They are driving me nuts. We need to get them off the mission and stop working together or else this might be the death of me and cost even more for Raven Sun." Jason reported. He was sure Benjamin knew this already but he needed help figuring out how to go about fixing the problem that had been created. "As you know I would very much rather not take out my own daughter but at the rate it is going if it keeps going like this I may have to. And Tobias only antagonizes her... and me." Jason explained. He looked at the old mans face. He knew that he was responsible for those two but he couldn't do it alone. Not when Tobias went out of his way to piss him off. Besides as far as he was concerned he was just a hired brute with enough seniority here to get his position, Benjamin was the wise one with power. Hopefully he could help deal with him. "And kicking them simply out of Raven Sun is out of the question. I will not release them to the public, especially when we are not sure if Cynthia inherited.... her mothers talents. I have seen enough late bloomers it is possible."

17. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

OOC: This is a collab post.

The pink haired girl saw the tea shop, her eyes brightening. "This way~" she declared, yanking Alex to the door of the shop and stumbled in. The shop was quite busy, and the teens bursting in caused customers to look at them.‏

Originally planning to go outside, Jex widened his eyes as the girl pulled him over to the shop. He was out of breath, and his chest was giving him so much pain still. He looked over to everyone in the shop, and said, "Get out! You're in danger!"

A rounded man stepped from behind the counter, wiping his hands on his apron. "What's going on, Kiki?" The man asked the pink haired girl with a raised eyebrow, putting his stubby hands on his hips.

"There's a scary man behind us, trying to get this guy!" The pink haired girl named Kiki gestured animatedly to Ryan, and then looked over her shoulder. "He has a pew pew!"

"What? A kidnapper or something?"

Kiki nodded her head vigeriously.

The man breathed out, moving quickly to Ryan. "Come with me, boy." The man out a hand on Ryan's shoulder and moved him to the back. From there, the man opened the maintenance cupboard, and looked at Ryan. "Get in, don't make a noise, and stay here until I or Kiki come back to get you. We'll handle this."

Kiki stood in the shop, watching the entrance as she moved nervously in place. Her duct tapped skateboard was under one arm while her helmet dangled from her hand. She was ready for what was to come.

Tyrant was a few seconds behind just as Ryan was pushed into the cupboard. He saw the pink haired girl standing by the entrance and pushed her out of the way. He looked for Ryan furiously, and then looked back at the girl. He placed his hand on her neck and pushed her to the wall.‏

"Where is he?" he growled, ticked off. He just wanted this over with. He needed to protect his daughter from the maniac who killed his friend.

Ryan was unwilling to stay inside the cupboard. He wanted to fight the man head on rather than having them putting themselves in harm's way. He opened the door, and ran up to the front of the store. He saw the girl getting strangled. "NO! STOP!"‏

Christie followed to where Jex was pointing, being cautious not to run into the kidnapper. She recognised most of the people there, but there were a couple who she didn't know. However, the kidnapper made it relatively easy with his words and attitude. "Not here, that's all you need to know" she stated protectively. Christie wasn't entirely sure who he was after, but it didn't matter. He clearly didn't mean well, so she wasn't going to let him pass, standing in a somewhat defensive position as she prepared to use her telekinesis to stop him if she had to‏

Jex stood by Christie, panting as he quickly looked over the situation at hand. There was the man he saw running out of the alleyway, strangling some girl. And there was Ryan, putting himself in harm's way... Again. Jex cursed under his breath as sweat mixed with droplets of rain rolled down his face and started to make a puddle on the floor. He read the emotions and minds of people in the room quickly. Confusion, fear, paranoia, anger, resentment... And a weird tingle of happiness?

"Release the girl!" The shop owner boomed, storming to the man. "I don't know what is going on, but you are not police. You need to get out of my shop! You are scaring my customers! I WILL summon the authorities if you do not leave!"

Ryan, Jex, Christie, and the shop keeper came up to him at the same time. He couldn't shoot them all. He let go of the girl and glared as she fell to the ground. He was surrounded, and noticed a lot of people were staring at him choking the girl, unsure of what to do. He also didn't want the authorities to get entangled with this mess. "You will have justice. All of you, freaks! I will kill every last one of you," he shouted, as he began to sprint to fight another day. He really wanted to kill that kid, but somehow he always gets lucky. The next time he saw him was the last time he would live.

Ryan, Jex, Christie, and the shop keeper came up to him at the same time. He couldn't shoot them all. He let go of the girl and glared as she fell to the ground. He was surrounded, and noticed a lot of people were staring at him choking the girl, unsure of what to do. He also didn't want the authorities to get entangled with this mess. "You will have justice. All of you, freaks! I will kill every last one of you," he shouted, as he began to sprint to fight another day. He really wanted to kill that kid, but somehow he always gets lucky. He swore the next time he saw him was the last time he would live.

Ryan ran over to the girl, and helped her up. He smiled.
    “Are you okay!? Thanks for saving me back there! How did you know?"

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

Nicole began to pile up the hunks of breakfast, filling up at least three or four plates. "I made and brought you some yogurt and fruit with granola in it earlier. Eat that up first!" She called from the kitchen. "The main course is coming up shortly."

She then put the plates on her arms, balancing it as if she was a waitress in a restaurant. Soon afterwards, the young mother walked in the living room, setting down the plates one at a time. There were eggs (sunny side up), bacon, sausage, pancakes, French toasts, hash browns, bagels with cream cheese, and so much more. After that was over, Nicole took her place on the living seat again, wiping her brow with the corner of her apron. "Well... If you want to set a trap for her, you know you need the right bait..." She looked at Jean knowingly. If it was Twilight Sorrow, she failed to kill Nicole once. The blonde was sure if the kidnapper saw her, Twilight Sorrow would try to strike again.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Danni shoved Noah back as hard as she could, wiping her lips furiously on the sleeve of her shirt. "WHAT THE HELL?! WHAT KIND OF STUNT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL?!?!" she spluttered, still trying to get the feeling off her lips. "UGH! Lay off!" She stormed passed him before she decided to punch the living daylights out of him. She had no idea what went on in that kid's mind, and she didn't want to know. She was angry and didn't want to deal with any of this.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Finishing up another comic, Molly took a look around. The many Jeans were working like bees, obliviously set on a desperate mission. She was bored though, but she didn't want to intrude. The four year old hopped off the couch, deciding to go explore again outside of Jean's lab. She quietly ducked passed the diligent workers, escaping out in the hallway. For a while she wandered around mindlessly...

She jumped when she rounded a corner, seeing some weird characters that looked like teddy bears standing around a blonde teen. Molly gasped and hid behind a corner, watching the weird characters in awe.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Kye took her hot chocolate when it was brought to her, sniffing it. Satisfied with the smell, she let her pierced tongue snake out and licked the foam on top of the wonderful drink. Pausing, she glanced at Lucas mid-lick and sat up to attention. "Strange work, hush hush. Strange people, always rush." She shrugged, tapping her top hat in thought. "Been busy with the babies... Hadn't been able to check on Lukey"

~~~~~*****~~~~~

"I don't need your help," Lyle mumbled, writing down notes as activity was happening on the other side of the glass.

A robotic feminine voice sounded off in the background of the lab. "If I go here, maybe. No! Wrong move! Okay, this way... Swing. Move, hide-"

Lyle turned down the volume of his make-shift radio, making the voice quiet. "In fact, I think you require my help. Your subject is going to die at this rate. Have you any idea what you're doing? I have kept THIS female subject alive for two years... And yours is on it's last legs already..." The doctor peered over his reading glasses to look at his notes, his robotic eye scanning everything on paper. "As a request from my subject... In exchange for her complete and total cooperation, your subject, my prisoner, will be receiving top notch quality care, food, supplements, and medications to survive... If she dies because of your lack of care and thought of the well being of your project, you will owe me."

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Benjamin calmly listened to Jason's lament, organizing files as he gave a careful ear. "Well, I may have a solution to that problem. We have an agent located in Reno, about six to eight hour drive from here. Tyrant-something-or-other is his name... I have it on file somewhere in here... Anyways, I would like someone to check on him, stop on by and say hello... He lost a dear friend to a freak just a few weeks ago. I want to make sure he's not doing anything rash... Tobias might be a good candidate to send our cheers and support..."

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Kiki coughed, massaging her throat as she let her new friend help her up. "I'm okay!" She said with a grin. "Phew! I'm glad he's gone."

The shop gradually resumed back to normal, still shaken by the scene. Jex didn't stand around for long though. "Freaks... He knows something." With Colton's kidnapping, and then Ryan's almost attempted one, it couldn't be a coincidence, could it?

Pressing his lips together, he ran out of the shop without a word to anyone. He sent a thought out to Christie, and her only. 'He knows something, I'm going to find him... Keep Ryan in the shop.' He saw the man retreating a took a deep breath. This was suicide, but he needed answers for his friends. Running after the man, he called out to him. "WAIT! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!"

19. lockedongamer Traverse Town Homebody

Ryan smiled as Kiki said he was okay, and then it immediately turned into a frown. He was so close to dying back there. He had a gun to his back, and the whole mall was in danger. His body felt exhausted by how much adrenaline he was experiencing, and his body was shivering. He looked up and saw Jex running to someone.
    Was he?
    "NO!" Ryan shouted as he got up from his feet and ran outside the shop as Jex was trying to catch up to the kidnapper. He was far away at this point, but Ryan was trying to catch up, chest still in pain.
    "What are you doing? Get back!" Ryan thought towards Jex. "He's dangerous!"
    His heart once again was beating rapidly. His breath became fainter as he was trying to run with his injury. He became wiery, but he carried on. He couldn't let Jex get shot. It was his time to protect him.

"WAIT! I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" he heard shouted across the halls of the mall. People began to stare.
    Tyrant stopped, angry at the boy. He wasn't willing to shoot him at this point. There were too many people around who could get caught in the crossfire. He didn't know whether or not these psychics could harm the public as well if provoked further. He turned around, gripping his pistol just in case.
    Tyrant gave Jex a piercing stare.
    "I have nothing to say to you" he growled. He stayed just in case he could get intel. The others were still faraway, but he could see the kid who killed his friend running towards them. He wanted to shoot him so bad, and this time it would be fatal.

20. Maka Albarn It's called love

Stay back. Jex commanded to Ryan, glancing at him momentarily. I need to talk to him. I'll be okay, he's not going to hurt me. Go back to the shop. He looked back to Tyrant, raising his arms up. "I don't like using my powers, so... We're meeting on neutral grounds... Have you heard of a Colton Dare Sharleton?" Jex watched the man with his violet eyes, waiting for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.