☼ รץภςє๔ ☾

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Maka Albarn, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maka Albarn It's called love

รץภςђє๔

~OOC Section

noun,(used esp. in the phrases in sync and out of sync)
    1. synchronization: The picture and the soundtrack were out of sync.
    2. harmony or harmonious relationship: Management wants to be in sync with the client's wishes.

verb (used without object), verb (used with object)

รקєςเคl ภ๏tє
    This roleplay is based off of a book idea of mine that I want to write someday. I modified it to be a roleplay for others to have fun with, but I added my own characters that I've created into this roleplay. This story and the characters are my babies, but I'm trusting y'all with it.

๒ครเς קl๏t
    The setting is earth, in the city of Reno, Nevada. The only supernatural thing in this plot are telepathists and telekinesises and they live in a sanctuary mansion of sorts (Called The Perpetuity Academy) on the outskirts of the city. You’re either on a good side, or a bad side and use your powers for either.

Then there’s an organization/cult called the Raven Sun that’s located in Las Vegas, Nevada.The people in the Perpetuity Academy know of the Raven Sun, but don't know much about them save they are a rich organization of some sorts. Raven Sun work in the background of normal human lives, hunting those that threaten the balance of the world. They believe no one in the world is supposed to have any super powers, and they know telepathists and telekinesises are out there. But in order to be supported in their endeavors, Raven Sun puts on a good face to the public eye by doing volunteer work, donating to charity, and finding missing persons, anything they can do to help the community out.

And then, of course, there’s the pesky government officials and scientists to keep both sides under control and are neutral for the most part (unless they have other hidden agendas). Also as secretive as the Raven Sun, but they don’t want to kill the ones with the supernatural abilities, rather “study” them and research them. Some want to hunt down the ones with super powers though and kill them. Who are you going to be? What are you going to do?

๓๏гє เภ-๔єקtђ รt๏гץ

When their family was murdered ten years ago in South Carolina, Jex Dominic Ingrao, Danni Riley Simon, and Errol Dan Ingrao were at a loss of what to do. The family got off to a shaky start, trying to pick up the pieces and establish their own lives again. They had a choice to either live in fear, or embrace what had happened and move on. Errol Dan Ingrao made the choice of moving what was left of his small family to Reno, Nevada to a large mansion on the outskirts of the city and had Danni and Jex continue their studies in public school.

It was then that the small family realized that there were more out there just like them with similar abilities, and Errol did everything possible to establish a sanctuary of sorts for them, a place where kids and young adults like Danni and Jex can train to control their psychic abilities to benefit them and others around them. They called it The Xavier Institute for The Especially Gifted. Nah, that name has already been taken. It’s just called The Perpetuity Academy its philosophy “There is no limit in life, only above and beyond from today.”

[​IMG]

The Perpetuity Academy

The kids and teens are to stay there until they get a better handle on their unique gifts, but they are free to choose how to live their lives outside of training, so long as it benefits them and others around them as stated earlier. If there’s any reports or witnesses to bad or uncontrolled “behavior”, limits are placed on the student until they pass a probationary period of sorts and gets approved by Jex or Danni and Errol. If students rebel to all the rules and regulations of the Perpetuity Academy, they could be “expelled” and go back to their families to try to figure things out for themselves. But Jex, Danni, and Errol do everything possible to make sure that never or ever will happen because they know what it’s like to be alone.

There are two kinds of psychic power as listed earlier: Telepathists and Telekinesises. Telepathists are the defense side of the psychic realm. They deal with the mental side of things and focus on the thoughts, emotions, and feelings of the human mind. The telekinesises are the offense side. They deal with the physical side of things like objects moving and thwarting the reality that the human eye can see. Both are respectfully train. There’s only one or another, not a combination of both, unless you’re Errol Dan Ingrao.

They have no idea what Raven Sun is about, just that they're a rich organization that give back to the community.

And then there’s Raven Sun, an organization/cult that’s been around for about 325 years, ever since the Salem Witch Trials happened. Ravens were often a symbol of a bad omen in many cultures, but the Native Americans believed that the raven is a sign of healing or a medicine bird and are seen as signs of good luck and the light always reveals what tries to hide in the darkness. They’re located all over the place, but the main headquarters are in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Raven Sun believes that those who hold true psychic abilities are a danger to the human race and vow to exterminate them in any means necessary to keep a balance in the world. They only allow certain people in, and very few get to walk away once they decide to join. If someone walks away, they’re either eliminated or closely watched for the rest of their lives, it just depends why they left. Although it used to operate in the shadows, it’s now beginning to see the light of day after being taken over by Benjamin Landen the VI.

[​IMG]
    Raven Sun's Main Headquaters

Benjamin believed it was better to blend into the world than to shun it so that members of the organization can gain more life experiences. Thus he let everyone in his family and apart of the organization follow their dreams as they pleased, but also made them aware them aware of the world unseen. Those who want to dedicate their lives to hunt the supernatural are supported greatly so they won’t get discourage. And instead of killing the ones with psychic powers on the spot, Benjamin instilled a new “Psych Watch” policy where those that revealed they had psychic abilities were to be watched, and if they threatened the balance of the world, they were to be wiped out. Even those of non-psych abilities will be put on this list if they threaten the organization and what they stand for.

Benjamin is reaching the end of his days though and is looking for someone more capable to take over than his children, who have either decided to take their own paths in life or is threatening to corrupt the new Raven Sun system (which they already have). He’s train and taught members how to outwit those of psychic abilities by inventing technology and having them go under hard psychological training to face whatever will happen to them when engaged in battle. Sometimes they get help from the government and scientists, but they usually like to stay out of their business as much as they can.

The government is just being the usual noisy government it is; wanting to keep things unusual under wrap while conducting their own research and studies in the shadows with the scientists. They have worked with Raven Sun in the past, but the Raven Sun likes to keep out of government affairs as much as possible because it just ends up in a messy situation that no one likes to be involved in. However, some government officials are fighting the urge to start hunting those with psychic powers down.

The scientists are working in a place called Ariel Research Institute. It's a lab located nearby Area 51, but has it's own operations and does their own things... Not much is known about them, save that they help Raven Sun once in a while and come up with awesome research studies.

tђє гยlєร
    Please Take A Special Note: Maka works from 12pm-6pm Monday through Friday in a very high stressful environment, goes to school, sometimes get called into work early, has to deal with real life obligations, and thus she won't be on 24/7. She trusts you. Mostly.

These rules are subject to change at any time the need arises. I will announce it when it does happen.
    Keep it PG-13. No explicit contents, an overload of profanity, black out at gory or sexual scenes, etc.
    Avoid godmodding ("God Modding" is in essence when someone’s character has the ability to do practically anything without limits or boundaries. An example is when they simply cannot be harmed by any and all means other RP-ers try. See:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=god modding)
    Avoid Powerplaying (Power playing occurs in role playing, and it's when you control someone else's character, as well as your own, without the other person's permission see:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=power playing)
    You can have as many characters as you want, so long as you keep track of them. This rule may change if this RP takes off or not
    Remember Raven Sun/Scientists/Government Officials, before you engage with a telepathist/telekinetic, be sure to be properly equipped. You can’t bring a stick to a gun fight.
    ALL PLAYERS, be aware you all can be defeated at some point
    Ask permission of other Roleplayers before engaging in battle
    You can die (ask others AND me first before killing them though, like seriously. No one wants to be told they’re going to die without warning)
    ALWAYS be ready to give a summary if you decide to post back and forth between each other for one or two pages and leave others behind, even though they’re not RPing with you and your group. (Especially me, because I need to know what’s happening, and I’m not going to be on 24/7 to monitor the RP)
    To roleplay in this lovely story, fill out a character sheet, wait for approval from me and for me to post it in the accepted characters list, and THEN you can RP
    Be courteous, and let others you are interacting with know you’re going to be gone or busy so they don’t have to guess if you’re going to be back or not or reply to their post
    Telepathists/Telekinetics: Be aware you may or may not be put on the Raven Sun’s watch list whether or not you interact with them at any time
    Mission Boards are for those that are stuck and needing a prompt of sorts. You don’t have to do them, lol, no one is going to force you to
    Some missions are time sensitive and won’t stay up forever
    For those that leave the RP at any given time, we understand. We won’t talk bad about you or belittle you for suddenly taking off. Just let us know what’s happening, and we’ll be happy to work with you. If you choose to come back after a while, I’ll save your profile somewhere in case it happens or just list you as inactive in the accept characters list
    Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a PM! Or ask others in the RP for opinions and help on the matter of the mind.
    You will be added to the Raven Watch List at any given time if it seems logically for me to put your character on there. Just a heads up
    • Due to Maka's crazy work/school schedule, and everyone's real life obligations and schedules we're going to use this formula: One day in the RP equals two (2) weeks in real life.This means we will start on a Saturday, and end on the Friday of the second week we started. This will prevent others from time-skipping at any given time, leaving people behind, and then me or other people have no idea how far anyone skipped and what is happening, and has everyone stuck on ONE day. Unless we all agree as a group to go ahead and time skip to the next day, week, month, or even perhaps a year or two if it's plausible for the story we're creating together. With this formula, the Saturday we start will be in early morning hours, the follow Friday will mark Noon, and the remaining week will be the late afternoon to midnight hours. On that second Friday, you will be required to end your day. It can either be putting your character to sleep, having them work late into the night, or something. Just make a post that makes sense to your character to have them rest/be able to carry out to the next day. I will be posting the date we start, the date the noon hour will happen, and the date to end the RP day so we can keep track. Yay! The reason why the wait is so long is because I don't want everyone to dedicate their life to this RP. I want y'all to relax and enjoy working on a story together and just have fun. I want people to be able to do homework, go to work, meet responsibilities, do hobbies and what not without worrying to post all day long, day in and day out. So yeah, relax and enjoy~ A lot can happen in one day. If this formula is too short or too long of a wait, we can talk about it and change it up.
    • NEW RULE:
      For now on, if anyone has a secret power in Raven Sun, and they get found out, they WILL be eliminated, no questions asked. ALSO, if you THINK your character is going to end up having powers of some kind, their level one abilities MUST be listed in their character profile sheets BEFORE you RP. After you begin RPing as your character in Raven Sun, I will not allow for any changes if they have powers or not be added to their character sheets. You will STAY normal.
    CONCERN OF TIME IN THIS RP

(Last Updated, June 6th, 2015)
    Time Skipped: Transisition to Next Day
    Day In the RP: Saturday, July 11th, 2015
    Day it Was Previously in the RP: Friday, July 10th, 2015
    Time in the RP: Early Morning Hours
    Weather In Las Vegas: Sunny
    Weather in Reno: Cloudy
    Weather Wherever the Scientists are: Cloudy
    Day We Start On: Monday, May 25th, 2015 12am (US Central Eastern Time)
    Day It Becomes Noon In The RP: Saturday, May 30th, 2015 12am (US Central Eastern Time)
    Day We End With Night And Begin With A New Day In This RP On: Saturday, June 13th, 2015 12am (US Central Eastern Time)
    This is subject to change depending how smooth the operation of rescue in the Ariel Labs occur

[​IMG]

tђє קєгקєtยเtץ คςค๔є๓ץ
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Alright, settle down everyone." Errol sighed as he ran his fingers through his unkempt hair, waiting for his students to be quiet enough for him to speak above them. "I know, Monday's are a drag, but this is a mandatory meeting for the month."

The middle-aged man gestured to the bulletin board behind him, indicating to it.
    "This is the job board. It gets updated every day or so. Levels are shown here for what job you can take. Jobs that you take without permission will be met with serious consequences. Yes, even if you're going to baby-sit an old lady." He earned a couple of snickers here and there before he continued. "Why? So we can keep track of what jobs you take up, AND to make sure you are not taking a mission that's above or below your level. The job board is for everyone." Errol's tired eyes scanned the crowd, making some of the kids shift in place while others looked down. "Jean, Jex, and I work very hard to make these available to you. We need to show the world that we're not as bad as they think we are. I believe you will learn a lot more taking up these jobs than training all the time. Get more involved with the community and get out of here for a bit anyways."

Errol cleared his throat and clapped his hands together.
    "Speaking of which, today is Testing Day!" The kids moaned and groaned, but Errol paid no mind. "We need to see where you all are individually." He gestured to his nephew and niece standing on either side of him. "Jex will be testing the Telepathics while Danni will be testing the Telekinetics."

Testing days were always hard. Everyone had to go through a training simulation while their teachers and mentors took notes on a clipboard. There would be guns with powdered bullets, lights, sounds, things falling, and so much more chaos in Danni's Testing Room. Jex's Testing Room was not so extensive as Danni's, but it did test the mental mind.

Jex stood there in silence, keeping his eyes to the floor. He didn't want to be here, he wanted to be elsewhere. The bags under his eyes proved that he hadn't had much sleep lately and his demeanor was somewhat depressed. He occasionally kept glancing at the Job Board, especially under the Missing Persons category. Yeah, anywhere but here was better.

Meanwhile, Danni was standing by with a smirk on her face. Although it was early in the morning for her, she loved Testing Days. She loved pushing people to their limits and seeing how far they really had come. Colton Dare was definitely on her watch list today. She always had butt heads with him in the past, quietly competing against the unsuspecting teen, but she loved every minute of it.

"The Tests are mandatory. Should you choose to opt out of them, you will not only lose your privileges to the Job Board, but also lose other privileges I, or your mentors, see fit. As usual, Level Fours are exempt from Testing Days. Meeting is dismissed, choose your day wisely."

Danni smirked and pulled out her clipboard while stepping out to the front of the crowd. "Alright Telekinetics, hustle up! Let's get this done. Who wants to be first today?"

tђє гคשєภ รยภ

LOCATION: The Raven Sun Headquaters, Mission Board, Las Vegas, Nevada

The room was silent as Benjamin Landen the IV stood in front of his organization. His eyes were solem, yet sparkled with a hidden energy of sorts. His hands were on his treasured raven cane as he scanned the group before him. He was well pleased. "Thank you fellow members of Raven Sun for coming to this meeting. It means a great deal for me for all of you to be here today. Reports have been flooding in of how great Raven Sun is and the good deeds that come from it. I am very proud of all of you. We are living up to our standards. We are keeping the world in balance and in harmony, one deed, one mission at a time."

He smiled pleasantly, which showed his softer grandfather side for just a moment before he straightened and gestured to the large computer plasma screen behind him. It flashed as many different columns of missions filed on screen before everyone's view. "
    Our mission for balance will never be completed though. There is so much to do and little time to do it."

Kytheria was standing towards the back corner of the room, her katana brandished, but she was calm. She listened to her leader as he spoke, showing her silent respect for him. When the Mission Board flashed, a glint shown in the older teen's eye as she smirked at the names on the missing board. 'I know something you don't know~' She thought in a sing-song voice as she snaked her pierced tongue out, carefully licking the blade of her sword.

"
    My children, friends, allies, comrades... There will always be something for you to do to keep the world at peace. Choose your path well and make all of us proud. That is all." Benjamin tapped his cane to the floor once, indicating that the meeting was over and done with. Everyone was free to take up a new job from the board, or carry out their own business for the day.

Kytheria sheathed her sword in one swift motion while pulling out her phone. She leaned against the wall, placing one foot in contact with the wall, and scanned her contacts until she found Lucas and smiled half-way as she began to text him.

Old fart is done. Where are we greeting? ;)

รςเєภtเรt/ﻮ๏שєгภ๓єภt ฬ๏гкєг
    LOCATION: EITHER SOME REMOTE LOCATION UNDERGROUND SOMEWHERE OR JUST ANYWHERE WHERE YOU THINK IT'S BEST TO BE. YAY!

All of these wonderful people received an email that reads:

Good morning.

Please check the Mission Board daily. Report jobs and research you are taking upon yourselves.

Have a good day.

-Ryan G. Spokes, Pentagon Head Researcher

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    After having scanned over the morning email and the job board Isabella closed down her computer. She had already decided what job she would take but not until she had done a little research of her own. She had arrived at the labs before everyone else, three A.M. to be exact to do some extra research before she started her next study. Her study was a little out there and research based completely on conjecture but she did believe it could work.

The lab area was busy now, there was two other people with her in that area they all shared, Lucas and India. Both men were interesting in their own way. Isabella pushed her chair away from her desk causing it to spin as she moved away. She was slightly dizzy as she stood up, but sauntered over to Lucas anyhow, but not without picking up a couple vile's from another desk first. She wanted to make a grand entrance as she walked across the room.

Pouring one vile into the other a small explosion happened in front of her and a large amount of smoke. Bella walked through it in an epic fashion before beginning to speak.
    "God morning Lucas do I have a proposition for you!" As she said the last two words she used her illusion magic to make her look as though she turned into a giant arrow pointing at him. Cancelling the illusion she continued to talk. "All you need to do is cut open my head and insert wires into my brain here, here, and here." She pulled out a chart and opened it as it was a detailed chart of a brain. With that she pointed at various part as she spoke. "Then after that you just have to hit a few buttons on my computer and boom! I will hack my own brain!" As she said boom she used her illusion magic to make herself explode. "Unless you are too scared to. Like a little mouse. Are you a scared mouse?" She then tuned into a mouse. Soon she brought a hammer down on the mouse and turned back into a human. "Don't be. Nothing to be scared of! I have done plenty of research. I mean some of it was a fiction book but I think the theory is sound!" With no regards to personal space Isabella leaned in really close to him. "So are you going to do it?" She asked in a kind of creepy voice. "I want to see if I can unlock more powers. Then there will be more to study. Yay!" Now Isabella made herself explode into confetti. "Please." She added on to her questioning.
    [​IMG]
    Colton was late, yet again. He could barely drag his butt out of bed. Oh how he hated these early morning meetings. He threw on his clothing, put his hood over his head and headed out the door using his powers to slam the door shut. He was already late for the meeting but he hadn't eaten that meaning he was going to stop and grab food before he ever got to the meeting, couldn't have a growling stomach through the entire thing. So after his quick trip to the cafeteria he made his way down to the meeting hall.

He slipped in the back door and leaned against the back wall just in time to hear about Test days. He was not about to complain about these as many of the other did, after eight years of doing them they became routine to him, no big deal. That being said he still didn't like him. He never liked to do things he was forced into. He also didn't like people or being judged.

As Errol continued to speak he eyed the job board, but more importantly the thumb tacks in holding the postings up. He wondered just how far those could go with a little pull. It was time to find out. With a room full of telekinetics no one could say for sure it was him causing the trouble. He started by pulling one out when Errol was not looking and threw it across the room but by using push pull, then the next time three. Each one he did went farther than the last. When the talk was done so was the apple he was eating. There was no garbage near him but there was an annoyingly bubbly girl. He threw the core of his apple at the back of Christie's head. A slight grin crossed his normally grim face before it faded away.

The tests were something he was used to but also something that could cause him to get hurt, it happened more than once in the chaos that he still struggle to control he would hurt himself and given his brittle bones that he had had all his life it was easy for him to get hurt or break something, not fun at all. But it was more excuse to get away with not doing anything at all. Danni tried to call them all to get ready for testing while Colton just stood at the back and watched. He didn't want to be in the crowd, he hated them, always had.

[​IMG]
    Cynthia, she was sadistic to say the least and was already eyeing the board for what job she wanted. She would only take one type of job, this everyone knew already. And within that type of job she was also picky. She would not take a job unless she was allowed to kill someone. That was her one priority. If she wasn't able to kill someone and they pissed her off, well there might be a little accident.

When the meeting was over she walked up to the board and grabbed the job she wanted first thing before anyone else could get it.
    "Father I am going to get this silent killer person. No way can he be more silent then me. See you later." She stated to her step father in a simple fashion. The reason she chose this particular one was for the money, but also she was allowed to kill the man when she found him.

Walking past the back wall she grabbed her scythe and started to head towards the kitchen of their hideout area. She couldn't go hunt a killer on an empty stomach after all. If she was quick enough she could be out of their before everyone else finished their lame small talk after the meeting and had the same idea, but those odds were slim, they just better pray that they didn't piss her off. Cynthia had to be up early for this meeting and a tired Cynthia meant a cranky Cynthia, and a cranky Cynthia meant an even more deadly Cynthia.

[​IMG]
    Jason stood near Benjamin as he gave his debriefing. Same sort of stuff there was at every meeting, but that was okay, some people needed to be reminded of what their public image was, some people like his step daughter. The girl was a good fighter but that was about all she was good at. She was not good at putting on a good face for the public, or working with other people for that matter. It was nearly on a daily basis he had to stop her from trying to kill another member. But even so he still had a soft spot for the girl. He raised her has his own child.

Because of Cynthia's behaviour he had gotten her put on the Raven Sun watch list, but not only because of that reason. She was born to a mother with Telepathic powers, the reason Jason was raising Cynthia. Put on a mission to watch her mother, the mother had a daughter who became like his own. Given her origins though he knew it was possible for her to end up discovering powers deep rooted, then they would all be in trouble. However he would not admit this reason to anyone else but Ben for fear of what might happen to the girl if others found out that it was possible for her to develop powers.

Speaking of the devil she walked up to inform him of the job she had chosen. Jason's brow furrowed as he though of her decision and decided to talk it over with Benjamin first. He turned to his friend and leader.
    "Cynthia wants to take on the Silent Killer. I don't know if that is a good idea, especially with her by herself. She doesn't know how to keep a good face for public nor does she know restraint. Perhaps we should send someone along with her that she can't take down too easily." He suggested. Jason tended to take responsibility for people taking jobs, were they would be going and how they would be handling things. Just incase there was aproblem. He himself didn't go out on jobs anymore but he was the eyes of Raven Sun and thus needed to know where everyone was and whether or not it was a good idea for them to be there.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  3. Glen Returned from the dead

Christie Yoshiro listened closely as Errol explained things. She knew most of these things already, and she had heard about the job board quite a while ago. She wasn't a new member of the academy; she was a mentor there, and had been for about a year now. However, she'd never really taken the test to her memory. In fact, she wasn't even sure if she had to take it or not. Sure she was a mentor, but Errol had said Level 4 were exempt, and she hadn't hit that stage yet. What was the harm in taking the test? It would set a good example to the other academy students there, and hey it could be fun.

She was still thinking about it, when she felt an impact on the back of her head. Turning around and looking down, she could see that what was left of an apple had been thrown at her. With so many telekinetics there was no way to pick who had done it, but the girl had her suspicions. Sasuke Colton. He was the one that always caused trouble, it seemed entirely like him to be the one to do that. He was probably the one screwing with the tacks, too. She wasn't angry about it, just a little dissappointed. His telekinetic powers weren't bad, in fact they were better than a lot of the other students there, and he wasted it all to pick on people and start trouble. It was sad, really. Maybe he was one of the ones that needed to be shown how to use their powers properly! Practically jumping out of her seat, Christie raised her hand. "I'll go first! Let me take the test! Pick me! Pick me!" she shouted out, eager to start.

As Tobias Greipr heard all that Benjamin said, he stood towards the back of the room. He didn't pay too much attention to the words he said. What was the point? He'd been there for two years, he'd knew all about the mission board already. He'd also heard the speech before. Not that exact one, but he'd heard Benjamin making some in the time he'd been there. They were always the same. Work towards a better future, for peace! All that crap. Who wanted peace anyway? Tobias certainly didn't. He hadn't joined Raven Sun for peace; he'd joined them for entertainment and a way of finding out all about the people he could kill and couldn't. Speaking of which, the job board had bounty missions on it. If Benjamin was talking about the job board, he'd probably updated it, which meant more missions. As he made his way over towards the job board, Tobias only had one thought on his mind: if he found a mission that was dead or alive, he would bring back a corpse. He loved bloodshed, no matter whose it was, so when it was an official job...oh, that was when it got interesting, and that was when he was thankful for being in Raven Sun.

He was just seconds behind Cynthia, but those seconds meant he didn't get the job he wanted. That was such bullshit, he'd wanted to kill the silent killer himself. What better person to hunt down than the one everyone feared? Take down the toughest and the others will drop, simple enough. He observed the girl telling her father about it, and the worry was written all over the guy. As Jason went to suggest sending someone there, Tobias saw his opportunity and stepped forward.

"Geez, he's right you know. Why not send somebody with her, Benjy? The silent killer hasn't got such a high bounty for no reason..I mean, can you think of anyone that has seen them and survived? I've seen some of the victims too. Nasty sight, to be sure, though the guy's got no class, no sense of style or anything like that. How 'bout I go with her? I'll make sure Cynthia doesn't get a scratch on her, and I'll kill the silent killer while I'm at it. Two birds with one stone right?" Tobias said, showing a toothy grin. He stepped next to Benjamin and put an arm over his shoulder as though he was best friends with the guy, which was likely the complete opposite. It was dangerous talking to Benjamin like that, like he had no respect for him, but Tobias lived for danger. Besides, it was fun. "Come ooooon, you know I can do it. What's the worst that can happen?" he urged.

Lucas Beaumont had made his way through the various labs the scientists worked in. There were plenty of different divisions and sectors, each with scientists working on one particular area, but he hadn't been sent there to see them all, just one in particular; the sector dedicated to the research of the area of the brain that enabled certain humans to gain powers. Lucas had been sent there to monitor those scientists that may have powers of their own and ensure that they were all on the same side as those that employed them. It was a difficult job to pull off without raising suspicion from any of the other sectors, but if anyone could do it, it was Lucas. He'd had cases more difficult than the one he was on, so it wouldn't prove to be a challenge, he was sure.

The email that he had received just before he'd arrived had mentioned to report all jobs and research he was doing as necessary. He wouldn't have any research unless he found something big, but jobs...well, he could probably manage more than one job at a time. The one he was currently on was one he had undertaken at a moment's notice, but if he could do some of the jobs on the board whilst he was doing his current one it would make his cover all the more believable. It was something to think about, at the very least, but that would come later.

The investigator was about to open the door when his phone vibrated. He reached into one of the pockets of his coat and pulled out his phone. As he had expected, it was Kye, asking where to meet. Quickly he sent back a short response before putting his phone away.

Busy. About to meet scientists. You choose.

He arrived at the door that granted access to the lab where the research on powers was done, and after taking a deep breath, the investigator opened the door quietly.

What he saw when the door opened was something that many would have found extremely confusing. Among her colleagues, there was one woman using telepathy to make it appear as though she were different objects. Isabella Terros. The girl was a telepathic nutjob, just like the file had said. That one would be interesting, he'd have to keep an eye on her. The two that worked with her were Lucas Dubois and India Ulysses. He knew a little about Mr Dubois due to the file, but not so much about India. As far as anyone that the investigator had spoken to knew, India had simply appeared out of thin air. Lucas did know one thing about him though; he knew the human brain better than most others.

One of the three had powers for certain, the other two had never shown any signs of them...however, that didn't mean they didn't have powers themselves. There wasn't any way to prove they did unless they used them, and there wasn't a way to prove with 100% certainty they didn't, either. It was something to keep in mind though, and he would certainly do just that. He reached into his pocket once again and grabbed his I.D. It displayed his name, his age, and had a photo of him on there, but other than that they knew nothing. He held it up for any to see if they were looking, before he began to speak. "My name is Lucas Beaumont. I am here on official government business, sent to ensure all of you focus and stay on task. If you don't mind, I would like the name and title of each of you here" he ordered, keeping his tone relatively neutral the whole time.

4. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

The Perpetuity Academy. A place specifically for individuals with...needs that this world could not offer. It's a school where people gifted with powers of the mind can mingle, congregate, study, and feel at home. There really is no place like this in the world. At the present time, most if not all students were probably gathered in a specific part of the building. The reason for this was because a meeting being held by the Academy's Head Master, Mr. Ingrao, was scheduled to be held today at 7 a.m. A nice informative talk was to be had by the Head Master in regards to the new Mission board that was being acknowledged today; well that and the fact that it was test day. Poor youngins.

Jean snickered as he looked through a microscope; a Transmission electron microscope to be exact. While most students were with Mr. Ingrao, Jex, and Danni, Jean had the luxury of being able to avoid such trivial matters due to having his responsibilities; at least that was one of the reasons. Unlike them, he was working in another part of the building where the academy's research and development laboratory was held. Yes, even the academy had it's own R & D team. How else would this place be able to keep up with its expenses? Well ok, the Head Master was of the upper upper class, so finances weren't much of an issue, but the extra income didn't hurt the academy.
    A loud yawn emanated from across the lab, opposite of where he and his other five co-workers were established. Jean looked across to see a brown shaggy haired young man laying on a couch. The man's attire were a simple Black shirt, beige pants, and sneakers. The individual had just readjusted his sleeping position so as to be facing the couch rather than them. Everyone chuckled as they realized just how tiring all this research was.

"Can't really blame him." a male spoke up while writing something down. Brown eyes peered into the scope as the lenses magnified the specimen within the microscope slide. Immediately right hand grabbed the pen nearby the table and wrote findings down on notepad. Everyone in the laboratory was doing the same thing, giving as little attention to their surroundings as possible. They were so close to a breakthrough, they could all feel it. Each T.E.M. had a similar specimen within their microscope slides. The subject being observed under the scope was a mutated sample, Cancer. However, to be detailed about it, everybody had a different variations under their lenses: Carcinoma, Sarcoma, Leukemia, Blastoma, and the Germ Cell tumors.

Finding out a way to stop the metastasis stage (in other words a messed up version of the natural part of a cells cycle, mitosis) of cancer was really their goal, and yet like a hive mind they found themselves spreading out their effort into other things. Cancer was far more complex than what they had originally thought of it to be, a underestimation which they managed to fix halfway through the early morning. Now that it was 7 a.m, they were on the brink of a breakthrough. As previous research from other well renown scientists in the world, everything came down to genetics, DNA. Cancer in itself is basically a mutation in cells. The transformation of normal cell into cancer is akin to a chain reaction caused by initial errors, which compound into more severe errors, each progressively allowing the cell to escape the controls that limit normal tissue growth. This rebellion-like scenario becomes an undesirable survival of the fittest, where the driving forces of evolution work against the body's design and enforcement of order. Once cancer has begun to develop, this ongoing process, termed clonal evolution, drives progression towards more invasive stages. Clonal evolution leads to intra-tumour heterogeneity that complicates designing effective treatment strategies.

In other words, if they could find a way STOP the mutation in the first cell, they could stop the cell from ever dividing in the first place, and avoid the metastasis of cancer. Yet, they found themselves fascinated by that one keyword: Mutation. Imagine what they could do if they found a way to cause mutation in their DNA, but for POSITIVE effects. Cancer in itself was the spread of a bad mutated cell which was driven by a key driving force, Evolution. So what if the mutation was manipulated properly enough that it created a beneficial effect in the human host? This was the breakthrough they were onto. Find the means to manipulate the mutation, and you found the key to curing cancer...and so much more.

Jean took his eyes off the scope in order to get a good rub in those eye sockets. Exhaustion was now getting to him too. Turning to the others, he realized he wasn't the only one. A sympathetic smile came to being as he scratched the back of his head.

"I think we should call it a day guys." he said to the other identically dressed individuals.

"Yeah. We've done more than enough work for the day."

"Yeah good work!"

The six of them went to organizing everything, putting things back in place. The slides were placed back in the freezer, the notes were gather and placed in a special notebook, etc. Jean chuckled as he followed the other five towards the couch where the sleeping man rested. "You know, I wonder what we'll discover... I'm getting excited just thinking about it!" he shouted in glee. The group huddled next to the sleeping man. Looking at one another, they smiled and nodded in unison. One after the other, they went to lay in the same position as the sleeping man, merging with him until it was just Jean. With a exhale of breath, Jean also merged with the man resting on the couch until they were all one entity.

Upon merging, eyelids slowly opened to reveal well rested brown eyes.

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Danni saw an apple core go flying through the air and collided with one of the students. Colton. Already starting trouble this early in the morning. Danni always wondered what his deal was. Sure he had a rough past, but he needed to get over it. At least that was her opinion. Telekinetics couldn't read minds, thankfully. Otherwise she would get herself in trouble. Then again, her big mouth seemed to do the trick. She was keeping it in check this morning though, at least in front of her uncle. She didn't need to be scolded to be more nice and understanding. Maybe Colton had a crush on the girl he threw the apple core at. Some crap about boys picking on girls because they liked them or something. Let's just see how much patience I'm going to have with him.

Just as Danni thought she wasn't going to have any takers to go first and volunteer someone, Christine's voice piped up. Typical Christine, always willing to go first. "
    Are you sure?" Danni asked, clicking her pen. "You are a mentor... Like me. Errol, do mentors have to go through the test?" she asked, looking over at her uncle who was using his psychic abilities to put the thumb tacks and flying mission/job papers back on the board.

Errol sighed as he straightened out his suit. "Mentors have the option to be tested or not. They can also grade others on their abilities."

"
    Alright then, Colton. You're going to go second." There were no questions asked. Colton was just as stubborn as Danni, but that didn't stop her from trying to step on his toes and at least make an effort to make him do something productive. "That is if you still want to do the test Christine. Then Colton will be first if not."

"Danni, give the boy a choice." Danni rolled her eyes at his uncle and gave him a look, but the man wouldn't budge. "Let him choose his choice of testing or not. That's what this academy is all about. However, you won't be able to choose the consequences of your choice. No matter how good or bad the choice was." He combed his fingers through his hair, nodding to the students before him. "Excuse me, but I'm going to check on Jean in the lab. Hopefully he didn't stay up all night, again." With that, Errol left the small group to figure out what they were going to do next amongst themselves. He knew what Danni was thinking before he left, he was enabling Colton and giving him the choice to slack off. But choices were choices. No one could force someone how they were going to live or how they were going to die.

Errol made his way through the academy until he reached Jean's lab. He made this room for the youth to do his own thing, and he was glad he did. Jean was very helpful in keeping the academy off the ground. He rapped on the door before he walked in. "Good morning... Hard at work, I see. I don't know how you do it."

~~~~~~~

If Benjamin was upset by the way he was treated by the youth of the organization, he didn't show it. Instead, he forced a smile and looked to the boy standing to the side of him. "My dear, clever boy... It's not her I'm completely worried about. She may not get a scratch, but you might." His eyes glinted with some kind of knowledge that only he kept to himself. "However, if you feel so inclined to help put a father's mind at ease, take it. Make Raven Sun proud..."

Benjamin was deeply worried about some of the members of the organization. If he could have the perfect organization, oh how it would flourish even more! But blemishes like the ones within his care would always exist, and he would have to accept that. He couldn't expect everyone to be perfect. He himself had flaws of his own. He was still afraid that these few stray spots would tarnish Raven Sun's reputation. He had very few people who he deemed trustworthy, but his clock was ticking. He knew that he wouldn't be around much longer to lead this long lasting administration.

Kytheria received the text message and frowned deeply. No fair, he went on without her with those pesky, but interesting, scientists. Rude! Feeling very miffed, Kytheria didn't bother to respond back and shoved her phone back in her pocket. Fine. Maybe she could find her own fun without him. Hearing the words "Silent Killer" perked the strange girl's interest as she watched Cynthia walk out the door from under the shadow of her top hat. She didn't like that girl, but she didn't hate her either. However, her taking that case made her a little squeamish. She had her own personal ties to that Silent Killer, but the mission was for everyone. Kytheria didn't like the idea of sharing though. But it had to be. When she saw another boy she wasn't too fond of trying to negotiate with Benjamin on the matter, she smirked and watched from where she was at. Just to silently observe was one of her best qualities. Something good always came out of waiting patiently. "Smooching smooch," Kytheria whispered under her breath as she watched Tobias trying to treat Benjamin like an old buddy.

6. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

It was in fact a good sleep he had and yet exhaustion still plagued him. Sitting upright on the couch, eyelids were half opened as a sure sign he was just waking up. Letting out a loud yawn, arms reached high into the air which caused for muscles to stiffen in this morning stretch. Heart rate increased for a moment as blood pressure shifted briefly. With a quick use of index finger he rubbed underneath his nose before inhaling violently. He got up in a groggy manner, letting feet drag against the floor while he headed for the special journal in which all the recent notes had been filed in.

"Good morning... Hard at work, I see. I don't know how you do it." a voice spoke from behind Jean.

The youth did not require himself to turn around to know who it was. After spending five years in this place, the Head Masters voice was all too familiar to him. With a tired back handed wave, Jean resumed to flip through the newly written pages. "Hah... your sarcasm never gets old." he replied in lack of energy. Sleepy eyes suddenly found themselves expanding as memories came flooding back. Excitement began to stir within Jean. "So here to do the usual routine?" he queried as left hand lifted the new notes into the air. Jean turned to face Errol, a heavy grin on the man's demeanor. Walking up to a nearby table, he spread the papers across. It was fascinating how each clone's new found knowledge was easily recollected in Jean's mind. Were it not for Anime, he would have never come this far. Oh how he remembered that day, when he first tried the method with his clones. Jean had just watched Naruto: Shippuden season 3 episode 2: Wind. The episode was about Naruto using his shadow clones to train. After each clones returned to him, Naruto gained the experience of each clone. At first Jean was skeptical considering Anime is fiction, but my was he glad he attempted it. Working with clones had multiplied his knowledge and results by a large margin. Research, training, work, etc. Everything had become easy to do because of this method.

"So Errol, how would you feel if I told you that the cure for cancer was possible by creating a virus?" he queried to the Head Master.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

"Studying the most complicating things to mankind... Such innovation and motivation." That was half sarcastic-half seriousness to Errol. If all of his students could be as motivated as Jean, he wondered what it would be like. Something he couldn't image right now. He looked at the notes in Jean's hand and raised an eyebrow. "Curing cancer with a virus, eh? Remember to use simple English terms with me. I'm not a scientist like you are." Although the young man was much, much younger than he was, Errol showed respect when it was obviously earned. Jean didn't do this to gloat, simply to help mankind and the world be a better place. "But before you begin, I was actually here for something else. I was wondering if you were still interested in the Missing Person's case mission. The one for Carter Justice." Errol held up a blue folder, thick with papers of different kinds.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

While Errol had explained a good portion of what they were going to be doing, Leif had managed to keep a pretty uninterested look on his face. The reason behind the look was due to various reasons. Boredom for the most part was the main reason behind it. Unfortunately he couldn't just walk out and not think about this at all, the fact that it was Testing Day didn't make it any better. A barely audible sigh escaped his lips, if he did choose to skip out then the could say goodbye to one of the few things of interest that he found here.

The apple core being thrown was a peculiar sight to see, but it wasn't aimed at him so, which was all the reason for him not to care about who threw it in the first place. The apple had hit Christe who was volunteering to go first for the test, despite how she could easily not take it. If only Leif had that choice, then he wouldn't have to be here right now and instead doing something else. Complaining about it would get him no where, so he did what he figured would get him somewhere. He simply raised his hand before speaking. "I'll go third just to get this out of the way."

[​IMG]
    After Leif had basically declared candidacy to be the third person to take the test, regardless of who went first, another person spoke out. This time it was Ken who was wearing his hood over his head like he always did. If someone where to ask him why, he would give them the simple answer of "Force of habit" which was true for the most part. Now as for why that was true, he'd rather no go into detail. in fact asking him about it is one of the few ways that causes the general smile that he wears on his face to go away. That makes it pretty clear that he doesn't want to talk about it.

Now the words that he said at the time were, "I can go after Leif does." Since it was pretty likely that Leif was going to be third no matter what, Ken choose to be the fourth man in. He may have been a level three and had some fairly impressive abilities, but that didn't change how some, well one, of those abilities he didn't often use and preferred to keep it that way.

Lucas gave one brief look at the email that had been sent to his laptop before clicking out of it. To him the mission board was just a way to keep oneself busy when they didn't have anything to do at a given point in time. so while he may check on it every now and then, he didn't often plan on actually partaking in one of those jobs. He slid his finger across the mouse pad on his laptop til the cursor hovered over a blue icon. With a quick click, the programing software for his gauntlets was opened. While he rarely was seen without them on, he still had to run maintenance checks on them every now and then.

He'd barely started before being interrupted by one of his colleagues. Isabella. She was one of the more interesting people that he worked with while he was here and what she asked him was a pretty good example of just how interesting she way. As he turned away from his laptop, he saw her explosion style entrance as he told him how she wanted him to cut open her head so that she could hack own her brain. While she did this, even with her illusions and such, the look on his face was unchanging. Not even an eyebrow moved a single inch nor centimeter. It was as if his face was frozen until she'd finished speaking. When she did, he responded with. "No"

A rather simple answer to a very extravagant question. Afterwards he'd turned back and returned to working on his own little project. His reason for declining wasn't a matter of ethic, nor lack of ability. He did program the gauntlets that he's aways seen wearing and pretty much make them. He reason for declining was a simple, he didn't feel like it. It didn't matter how willing she was, it wouldn't change his own uninterest.

The sound of the door being opened was a clear sign that someone else had entered, another man who'd introduced himself as Lucas Beaumont. Having two people named Lucas might cause some confusion in the future but that would have to be dealt with at the time. For even as he introduced himself Lucas didn't turn away from his own laptop. Still he did answer the other Lucas. "Lucas Dubois, Mad Doctor." The tone that he spoke in was clear enough to be heard despite him not turning away form his laptop.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Isabella's face dropped with Lucas's response. It was impressive, through her entire thing he didn't even move or change facial expressions. "Oh phooey you are no fun. Maybe India will help me!" She wasn't to trusting of India, he was always so quiet and serious, it was unnerving but it was for science! She would do anything in the name of science. "Well I didn't really want your help anyways." Isabella turned around with a pout ready to go find India.

She didn't get far however because a certain someone happened to approach them. He introduced himself as Lucas.
    "Wait their are two Lucas's. No that is no good, no good at all. I know I will call you Lukey! Yes that is your name now!" Isabella said to the government worker that came to see them. "Now with the name thing out of the way, why is the government sending someone to keep us on task? We don't need a babysitter. Right gentlemen?" She exclaimed in a happy but confused tone. "Oh I am Isabella Terros, professor of fun!" With that she made it appear like she exploded into confetti again. Giggling she cancelled the illusion and continued to talk. "My government assigned title is abnormality specialist, but that one is is too boring. I like my title better. What do you think?"

Not knowing when to stop talking she continued on.
    "I study abnormalities, and not like the boring ones like plagues and stuff in the bodies. I am talking powers." Isabella leaned really close to Lukey and smiled wide. "Ones like what I have! Aren't they awesome? I cam going to try to unlock more so there is more to study. Oh and did I mention on the side I make explosives and poisons. It is really cool. Do you want to see?" She continued to ramble on as she started to head to her desk to grab some vile's of dangerous chemicals. "You may want to step back." She advised. "Oh and before I do this, one more question. You are a government agent right? If you arrest someone with powers can you bring them here? I can't always test on myself. I need a live test subject! Thanks in advance." With that she prepared her chemicals waiting for Lukey to stand back so she could make her magic happen.

[​IMG]
    Of course Christie would be excited to go first. She was always such a keener and a know it all. He hated her for it. It annoyed the crap out of him. He could be smart when it came to book smarts, but would anyone know, not a chance. Meanwhile she would show off to whoever she could and try to disguise it as mentoring. All she really wanted to do was show her superiority to those who had less control or less strong abilities like him. She deserved that apple core thrown at her.

Then there was Danni. That girl just loved picking on him it seemed. Of course she would volunteer him to go second. Just another little thing she tried to do to annoy him, but frankly he didn't care. Errol tried to stand up for him in a way by saying he had a choice but he shook it off. He was not going to back down from a challenge. He steeped in between Errol and Danni before Errol decided to leave.
    "This is my eighth damn year taking the test, I think I can manage going second. I am not a nervous newbie who wants to put it off as long as possible, lets just get the damn thing over with." He stated. It was not actually his eighth year doing the test but his seventh. One year he decided to opt out and didn't like where that got him. So he was going to take the test from now on no matter how much he didn't like it. "Can we at least hurry up and get it over with." He said irritated. "I want to go back to bed."

[​IMG]
    Jason put his hand on Tobias' shoulder when he had finished talking to Benjamin and he agreed to let him be the one to watch over her. "It isn't her you need to keep safe, just in check. Don't try to treat her like a child it will only get you killed. I might be her father but I know the danger she is. Make sure both of you keep a good face for Raven sun, and I advise not to piss her off. I would rather not have to go into the field to drag back a corpse." Jason warned. He knew how good Tobias was, but he also knew how good Cynthia was, he had trained her himself. Not only that but she had a few screws loose making her more dangerous. He didn't want to see anyone get hurt, her or Tobias.

"Cynthia please report back to me before you leave!" He called out knowing the girl hadn't gotten far. He would personally introduce her to her partner, if he did it then there would be little resistance. She still looked at him as a father even after finding out he wasn't her true father and as such respected him as one.

[​IMG]
    Hearing her fathers voice Cynthia shoved the last half of her piece of toast into her mouth and walked back into the main hall. "What do you want now. I was just bout to leave." She grumbled through a mouth full of food.
    "I would like you to work with Tobias for this mission." Jason said in a calm voice despite knowing she wouldn't take it well.
    "Ugh father I can take him down on my own."
    "I know you can but you aren't good at keeping a good face for the public, so both of you are going to keep each other in check. No complaining, my word is final." Jason stated with a firm voice staring Cynthia straight in the eye making sure she knew he was not scared of her even if the majority of the people at Raven Sun were.
    "Fine, whatever! You better not get in my way twerp." Cynthia said clearly annoyed as she turned away. With her back towards her father he mouthed "Good luck" to Tobias.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

So, apparently she didn't have to take the test. Though, there was still the issue of being an example to other people there. She shook her head, choosing to ignore what was going around her. If there was trouble, it would get sorted out, and if there wasn't then there was nothing to sort out so there was no sense in worrying! Yay! "No, I want to take the test. Maybe you can watch and learn some things, Colton" she called out to him. She genuinely meant to help, she wasn't insulting him in any way, but would he take it that way? Probably not.

For a moment, Tobias just stood there with his arm draped over Benjamin's shoulders. Then he let out a short laugh and playfully slapped the old geezer on his back. "Oh Benjy, you are such a joker! When did you become a comedian man? And when did Jason sign up as your duo? You two worry too much, just leave everything to me and I'll get the things done that need doing. Hey, just because I'm such a nice guy, I'll even do it with as little bloodshed as possible, just because I love you guys so very much. As for keeping a good face for Raven Sun, I don't think you need to worry about that. With looks like these, we're more likely to be getting recruits than causing worry" he said, intentionally avoiding the statement that Jason had made. Convincing them he could kill the silent killer was one thing, convincing them that he could do it while making Raven Sun look like they were the most peaceful thing ever? That was another.

Apparently Cynthia wasn't as enthusiastic as Tobias had been. In fact, she even went so far as to tell him not to get in her way! If anything he was sure it would be the other way around. "Please, there's a reason I'm the best assassin in Raven Sun. I won't be in your way, I'll be waaaay ahead of you on this one, Cynth" the boy said, before leaning close to the girl. "Being Jason's daughter gets you ahead in the organization, but out there you're nothing special, you're just like eeeeeverybody else" he whispered with a quiet laugh.

He then walked away from Benjamin and Jason, ahead of Cynthia. One of these days, I reeeally hope one of them turns traitor. Wouldn't that be fun. They're nice enough and all, but I bet they'd make a lovely sound as their throats are cut. Yeah, I gotta find out one of these days,
    Tobias thought as he walked, chuckling a little under his breath.

Well, that was easier than he had expected. Mr Dubois had told him exactly what he needed to know, Isballa had too but...she was just a little enthusiastic. The third had yet to speak. Had he figured out what Lucas was trying to do? Nonetheless, he had to react to the psycho if he was to get anywhere. "You may call me whatever you wish. A name serves little purpose other than giving someone something to refer to them as. So, Lukey will do just fine. As for your title, once again it doesn't matter which you use, though Professor of Fun does cause you to stand out more. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I will allow you to decide, after you've made your demonstration, of course" he responded, before taking a step back.

However, he realized he should attempt to ask India once again. "Should we capture any of those with powers, I will give them to you immediately. I imagine it would help with your research, and it could be a source of entertainment for you from the looks of things too" Lucas said. The girl, from the looks of things, could entertain herself staring at a brick wall twenty four hours a day with all the thoughts bouncing around in her head. She'd probably start trying to turn herself into different things again, using her powers. Damn he couldn't wait to kill that one, people like her were a danger to society; they were one step away from becoming designated criminals, and he really hoped she took that step. He faked a small smile as he turned his head to look at the girl. "Much as I'd love to watch your experiment, it will have to wait for juuust a moment. I haven't been introduced to your colleague, after all" he said before stepping over next to India. Hopefully he would have heard what Lucas just said and tell him his name and title; though part of him wanted India to figure things out, wouldn't that be interesting.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  11. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

There were bags under Jeans eyes, mainly from how exhausted he was from having kept the clones up all night. However, with his excitement in regards to his findings, you'd think he had a good nights rest. Pulling away from the notes, he leaned his lower back against the desk and placed elbows on the edge. Jean looked at Errol and then the blue folder in the Head Master's hand. The excitement slowly began to fade. It was labeled: Carter Justice. The memory instantly resurfaced. The knowledge of the small boy gone missing had been revealed by Errol before the Mission Boards went public to the academy. There had been two missing persons cases, Carter Justice, and another one with a young girl. Naturally Jean wanted to do both, but...personal circumstances did not allow Jean to be able to also look for the young girl. He felt bad about it, but he figured someone in the academy would work on that case. However, if no one had bothered to go searching for the girl...then he would have to do it; despite how uncomfortable it made him.

"The little boy... Carter Justice. Eight Years old. Last seen eight months ago at Idlewild Park... " he uttered. That was all he knew when the case was first revealed to him. Extending an arm out to Errol, he motioned for the Head Master to pass the case file over to him.
    "I can finally take a small break from THIS." Jean said as he motioned to the lab, not showing much emotion.

If the case file was handed over to Jean, the scientific notes would be organized and put aside in order to make room for the now opened blue folder. Some would disagree with Jean, but he valued the life of a child over a scientific breakthrough; besides he could make up for lost time easily. He was a strong believer that everyone had potential inside of them for something great, and they deserved the opportunity to carve that path. Every life deserved that chance to find out for themselves just what they were capable of. No one had the right to rob that opportunity from someone, especially from a child. They ARE the future after all, a generation destined to surpass their predecessors.

Brown eyes would immediately begin to analyze the data before him in a state of focus.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

Danni stared at Colton, long and hard. She didn't smile, she didn't laugh. "You know, you could get to a higher level if you just tried to actually do something with your abilities instead of half-assing it all the time." She bit her tongue before said anything more, and shook her head. "Christine's right, maybe you can learn a thing or two from her. Let's see how far you've come today." It was too early to argue with anyone or point out things the way they were. She wrote down the other names on the clipboard, ignoring Colton's remark. Kid had nerve to complain and gripe all the time. Had he learned nothing since Uncle Errol brought him here?

"Alright, follow me everyone, let's go!" Danni led the small, eager (and some reluctant) group out of the Job Board room and down the winding hallways of the academy. Soon, they were descending down some stairs into the basement area of the place. The air was cold and musty as they walked down the dimly lit hallways passed a few doors. Soon they arrived at large double metal doors that had the title "Telekinetic Training Room" painted above it and a dim green light that glowed on the side of the title, indicating it was safe to enter.

Danni swiped her security card in front of a monitor and the doors unlocked, opening for the group to file in. Each mentor and Level Four had access to the security card. Others could have one as well, but it was mostly to keep track of the people who went in and out of the Training Room. Inside was a large, high vaulted ceiling, windowless, metallic like room with manikins lining on one side of the room.

[​IMG]

The room was the size of two football fields lined on either side of each other and well lit from the ceilings to the walls. To the right side of the room, there was a ten inch thick large glass window of sorts that had monitors in it. Danni stepped to the center of the room, turning about to face the group with her hands and clipboard behind her back.

"
    You all know the drill, but we got some new things to cover. Testing day is to not only to see how far you come, but also show you your weak spots so you can improve on them." Danni held up a mechanical headband of sorts for everyone to see. "This is what's new. Instead of seeing things physically, you're going to see them through your mind. You will all be fitted with the Simulation Headband and will be presented with different scenarios to test your abilities and also figure out your weak points you need to work on. You're either going to be bumped up a level, stay at the same level, or even be bumped down a level if it's necessary. We will be watching you from the Observation Room. We will be able to see what's going on, and you will be recorded to put it on a record to help you improve. You will probably feel physical pain and either feel a drop or rise in temperatures, but remember... Anything that happens, it's not real. It's all in your head. If things get too intense though, I will shut off the test any time." Danni looked at Christine and held out the headband to her. "Christine will start us off. The rest of us, to the observation room."

Errol watched as Jean took the folder and observed how his demeanor and focused seemed to change completely. He watched him leaf through the copies of police reports, pictures, and news clipping of the happening. "He was seen walking away with an unidentified person. Male or female, no one was sure. The reports are confused saying that witnesses saw he disappeared in a white van, while others say it was a red car." Errol massaged his temples and then pointed to the family photo. There was a tired, blonde woman holding a curly blonde little girl in one arm while the boy, Carter, was holding the hand of his mother on the other side of her. "His mother is Nicole Justice and she works for the Reno Gazette. But her work has allowed her a Grievance Leave for now while the investigation of her missing son is under way . She's a single mother with another child other than Carter. Her name is Molly Justice, and she's four years old... That's all the information we have on hand." Errol then pointed to a piece of paper that had a phone number and a street address. "You might get more information if you go meet Ms. Justice in person. Although, you must use caution. The media have been hounding at her doorstep day in and day out, even though it's been three months since he disappeared. Are you sure you're up for this?"

Benjamin kept the smile plastered on his face until the two kids left the room and were out of sight. He then set his jaw in place, grinding his teeth in contempt. "I don't like those two together... It's almost as if we're putting baking soda with vinegar and expecting nothing to happen." He tightened his grip on his raven cane and glanced across the room. There he saw Kytheria, standing there in the shadows, keeping to herself as she watched the happenings from under the shadow of her hat. "I hate to send more men out on the field... We need to figure something out though. I'm afraid to cause more contention if I send you after your own daughter to keep an eye on her... Ack, Raven Sun is going through the flo-" The man was suddenly overcome by a fit of coughs and took out a handkerchief to cover his mouth. His shoulders shook as he bent over to try to recompose himself. As soon as he was finished, he cleared his throat and dabbed at the corners of his mouth. "Damn..." He put his handkerchief back in his pocket and straightened. "What am I going to do Jason... This is a mess."

13. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

"You might get more information if you go meet Ms. Justice in person. Although, you must use caution. The media have been hounding at her doorstep day in and day out, even though it's been three months since he disappeared. Are you sure you're up for this?"

Hands flexed as fingers remained still on the desk.
    "Yeah, I'll be ok. I just hope we're not to late. Three months is a long time..." he uttered in contemplation.

The matter of it all is the young boy needed to be found; preferably alive and well. If there was any sliver of hope from a clue he could potentially find during the investigation, it would be taken as a stepping stone in finding Carter. Also, the mother, Nicole Justice, most likely needed the closure. Biting the bottom lip, Jean straightened up while letting out a sigh. Errol would most definitely know why Jean was sighing as the young man's brown eyes gazed at the mother. "
    A red car or a white van, according to the witness, and it could be either a male or female...." the young man spoke, trying to redirect focus on the evidence. A small chuckle escaped Jean as he came to the conclusion of how unreliable the witnesses were. Basically no one really knew anything. For all Jean knew, the witness accounts could very well be imagined. It was like nobody that was at the park noticed anything odd or out of place. Right thumbnail found itself into Jean's mouth as he nibbled softly in thought, while left hand took the piece of paper with the phone number and address. After exhaling through nostrils, he let go of his thumb, and closed the blue folder.

One thing was for certain: Whoever kidnapped this boy had to be caught, because there was no telling if some of the other missing persons case were linked to this one or if the culprit would/had striked again.

"Errol... do you know if perhaps there are any other missing persons cases that are similar to this one?" he queried as he walked to get his black jean blazer jacket from a coat hanger near the door. As he put it on he locked eyes with the Head Master. "if not, can you do me a favor a drop the other missing persons files on my desk? I'd like to review them when I get back from meeting with Nicole." he said. After Errol would respond him, sneakers would squeak briefly as Jean made haste to the doorknob, only stopping for a moment to turn around and telekinetically command the curtains to spread open so that sunlight could enter the dark lab. Index finger would flick the lab lights off, and from there the two friends would part ways.

It was time to get to work.

14. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Christie stood nearby Danni inside the testing room. This was it, this was the moment she could truly prove herself as a mentor and show the others that there was no reason to be afraid of the test. Stepping forward, she grabbed the headband...thing and put it on before sitting down in the chair next to it. With a quick smile and a thumbs up to show she was ready, she closed her eyes as she waited for it to begin. Within seconds, she felt as though she was falling into a deep, relaxing sleep.

She opened her eyes to find herself on a narrow street. Where was she? She didn't remember being there before. Her attention was caught by angry voices. Spinning around, she could see that there were people pointing at her and running from the other end of the street towards her, with various bladed weapons raised in the air as they did so. The situation was confusing for Christie, but it wasn't hard to tell that they seemed to be after her. If she got caught, things probably wouldn't go so well, so the girl turned and bolted down the street as fast as she could.

As she was running, she heard the sound of an object spinning faster and faster towards her. She ducked down and reached for the object telekinetically, grabbing it out of the air and simply holding it in place before letting it fall to the ground. Then she saw it, a warehouse up ahead. Why there was one at the end of this narrow street she had no idea, but it was blocking any exit; she had to go through it. However, there was one small problem, the doors into it were locked. It really was a small one though, for she had the power of object manipulation. In less than a second, the lock opened and fell to the ground with a bang. Knowing the doors were probably heavy, Christie couldn't take the time to open them carefully; besides, if she was being chased and the only way to escape was through there, subtlety wouldn't do her any favours. Using Psionic Strength, she slammed her fist into the doors, causing them to fly open as she ran into them.

Panic set in the moment she entered it. There wasn't another way out. There was no door on the other side, or anywhere else from what she could see. Quickly she saw a window in the top right corner though, and some boxes laying around. It was as though it had been specifically set up for an escape route, but why would that be the case? She tried to use her levitation to simply float upwards and grab onto the ledge nearby the window, but as she got higher, she found that it wouldn't work above a the ramp just below the window. That was strange, she'd never encountered that problem before.

Continuing, Christie used her telekinetic push/pull ability as well as her levitation power to raise each of the boxes, forming a small staircase to the window. Just then she heard another angry shout come from below and glanced behind her to see that one of the angry townspeople had somehow gotten up. There were no stairs on this side, and surely they hadn't been that fast that they could beat her there...something strange was going on. As the man lunged towards her, Christie used her telekinetic binding ability to root the man's feet to the ground. He'd stay like that for a few minutes, but by then she'd be out the window. The girl then climbed her makeshift staircase and climbed through the window. It looked to be a long drop down, but if she didn't make the jump then what other option did she have? The people seemed angry enough she couldn't reason with them. She hopped out of it and dropped down. Faster the ground shot towards her, but right as she was about to land on it, her vision faded to black.

She blinked, and found herself in the testing room once again. She had passed. All at once, memories of the test came back to her, and everything made sense. Breathing a sigh of relief, the girl smiled warmly and stood up."Piece of cake" she said simply, before spinning around the headband and placing it on the chair behind her. "So, who wants to go next?" she questioned.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    He was getting too close He was in her face. It was annoying her. Cynthia tried to hold her temper until Tobias said the only reason she was ahead was because she was Jason's daughter and that she was nothing special. "I am not ahead because of my father. I am ahead because I am better than you could ever hope to be!" Cynthia stated as she swung her scythe around aiming it for Tobias' neck. However it hit something metal instead.

[​IMG]
    Jason listened the best he could to Tobias' words to Cynthia, this was not about to turn out well for him. He knew he should intervene as soon as he saw a certain look in Cynthia's eye. He stepped in between the two, pushing Tobias back and blocking Cynthia with his Gauntlet. "Cynthia Enger. You can't go killing your comrades no matter how they speak to you. Get your act together. As I said before my decision is final so you are to work with him whether you like it or not. And if one of you kills the other consider yourself dead as well." Jason scolded. When Cynthia took her scythe away he turned to Tobias. "Are you trying to get yourself killed. You are both of equal status and skill so deal with it!" With that he turned away and walked back towards were he had left Benjamin.

Cynthia started at her father as he stopped her and yelled at her. "Yes dad." She said rolling her eyes as soon as he looked away from her. As soon as he left she looked back at Tobias. "Keep your big mouth shut would ya?" She asked before stepping ahead of him leading the way out of the building, it was time to track down where this man was hiding instead of dealing with her idiot so called partner. She needed to kill someone and if it couldn't be Tobias it may as well be the Silent Killer.

Returning to Benjamin he listened to him talk, sharing the same concerns. "They are an explosive combination but on the bright side neither can take down the other easily so that should help to some extent." He stated trying to keep his cool. "You know I don't do field work anymore anyways Ben. However we do need to find someone a little more mature to deal with them. Who do we have available? I will go if there is no other option but it will make things all the more messy." Jason stated as he exercised his wrist. It was swore after blocking Cynthia's attack. He then walked away for a moment returning with a glass of water for Ben. "Perhaps we should ask for volunteers among our ranks. Post a special job while they are gone. I will pay the reward myself." He suggested.

[​IMG]

Colton simply scowled at Christie's statement about him learning a thing or two from her. But this only caused him to be more annoyed with her as he proved his point about her trying to be a know it all all the time. She was going to try to show off to him too? Stupid girl thought that was a good idea. He grit his teeth as Danni only added to it. She was commenting on him actually trying. He didn't care to try to do things well. It didn't matter how well he did. It wasn't like he was going to actually take any jobs, nor would he ever be a mentor, given that what was the point of the test besides the fact that it would keep him from getting in trouble and a lot of extra training and such.

He followed everyone down to the training room in the dark of the hall. He felt more comfortable in the dark, it was home to him. He preferred to spend his spare time in darker areas, that was if he was not reading or something that required light to do. He followed behind Danni as she entered the training room. He did not have an access card, he didn't care for one, and he doubted that he would be granted one if he asked for it.

He drifted off as Danni explained everything and entered the observation room. He sat back as he watched as Christie did her test with relative ease. She was just showing off of course. When Christie finished she offered who wanted to go next.
    "I don't get much choice in the matter." Colton said snatching the head band away from Christie and put his headband on. "Lets just get this over with." He growled.
    Colton looked around at the simulation that appeared around him. He was glad that they were doing it this way this year, in the past especially during his early years at the academy during his test he would often lose control or mess up and hurt himself, most of the time a broken bone of some sort. He rather hated his brittle bone syndrome it was quite annoying to deal with a lot of the time.

The simulation brought him in an enclosed room. A voice in his head started to speak, “Beyond those doors is a maze that will make you use not only your mind but a lot of your special abilities to get through, if you make it out the other side you will be faced with another test finishing only one is not an option, you must complete both. Go!” One of the walls in the room opened up revealing a long hall. The test had begun. However things were not a simple as finding his way through the maze which would be easy enough. As it stood there was no exit, just a straight line to a solid wall. Colton didn't bother running, he wasn't being timed. Getting to the wall he examined it closely. There was nothing indicating it could open and if it could he wasn't strong enough to pull it open. So what else? A line far above his head it was a small visible flow of wind was flowing into a hole but there was another not far from in. Staring at this he just chuckled. “You make this too easy Danni!” He shouted as he used telekinetic maneuver to change the course of the wind into the other one unlocking the door. He stepped through to an entire labyrinth. Walking around each direction he could go lead to a dead end. One had to be a secret door, but which? Clever tactic indeed.

As he stood thinking of which one it might be he hurt the scraping of claws as wolves had been released to pressure him.
    “Know what, screw this.” He sighed not wanting to put the effort into the maze. Instead of using his powers inside the simulation, he used it outside of it on the headband, effecting its inner working to change the simulation to open a door to the next area in front of him. “Man, I love object manipulation power.” He said as he walked through the door leaving the howling wolves behind him.

However this brought him to the second part of the test, the one that was a little harder. He was trapped in a room. This one was not explained to him but he knew it was more on the fighting and defense side of things. He heard a woman scream and a man try to hush her before laughing a cynical laugh. Oh how many times he heard similar sounds living on the streets of Vegas, he couldn't stand it. He froze up for a moment as the man turned and noticed him.

“Hey boy what are you doing here. Scram and let me have time with the little lady.” He said to Colton but Colton didn't move or talk. “You heard me scram!” But yet again Colton didn't move, or at least not until the man attacked him. Then he was forced to get out of the way. He was struggling to make his mind function during this time. His body trembled as he used what little there was around him to block. He created a distraction and obstacle by using his push/pull to pull a stack of boxes between them, and then object manipulation to unlock the girls handcuffs. However he failed to notice the other man in the room. Neither were particularly strong or well trained but given the situation and all the screams he heard in the past echoing in his head, he struggled to focus enough to fight them off. The situation seemed hopeless. He was trained in hand to hand but he was being held still by one of the men and couldn't find the strength to fight him off while the other approached. He started using telekinetic bullets but they didn't effect the men, they must have had something to counter it. Colton let out a grunt as he was punched in the chest, not once, not twice but numerous times. He felt a couple of his ribs crack as he let out a small cry of pain. He was not strong enough to use his push pull to push them away and he could only deflect a couple attacks of theirs and when he did it was never enough to deflect it completely away from him, usually just so they hit his arm or a different part. He was struggling, he wasn't going to complete this properly, there was no way. If it was those two against him in any other situation he could do it but this one was too much. Too much from his past fogging up his mind, he couldn't focus. Why would Danni put him into this situation of all things. This wasn't a test of his powers but the strength of his mind against his past, and given his demeanor it should be very obvious how he dealt with his past.

16. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

India listened to the conversation from the corner of the room, not looking over. He seemed to be tinkering with something, not paying attention, but he was listening quite intently. He'd let Isabella play her game with him. It would be a good way to test his character. Perhaps see what kind of man he was. She was as eccentric as ever in her approach, using illusions to make a grand entrance. She introduced herself as "The professor of fun" her self proclaimed title, followed by giving her actual one. The man wore a smile as he spoke to Isabella, though it was fake. Rather convincing, but fake nonetheless. He was at least polite on the exterior. Though within was discomfort. He didn't like Isabella, and it was for more than simply her odd nature. Her powers, perhaps? Was this man one who had a hatred of psychics? Time would tell.

He turn around in his chair, looking at the weapon in his hands. A small disk, with three hollows evenly placed around its sides. "Finished." He said, pressing a button on it. Three blades instantly sprung out of the hollows, crackling with electricity. "Hmm...Perhaps the magnetics device could be applied to other weapons." India muttered to himself. Though he had been working on the device, he had been extending his consciousness to listen in on Lucas' thoughts. What he got was unexpected. "Carrots, eggs, cheese, milk, butter, bread, that girl is cute, hamburgers, ketchup." It wasn't anything to do with the current situation, just garbage information. A grocery list. Interesting. Either he was controlling his thoughts well enough that even he would hear nothing but the useless information, or his powers were being intercepted.

"My name is India Ulysses. I'm the mental specialist. I study the inner workings of the mind. Speaking of..." India turned to Isabella. "Why wait for one to be arrested? It would be quicker to...Take matters into our own hands in the apprehension of a test subject." He said to the "professor of fun". In reality, it wasn't her that he was speaking for. He looked at Isabella, but waited to see Lucas' response. If he went along with it, it would further support his dislike of those with psychic powers. How he went about agreeing to it...that would be the real tell.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Yay" Isabella cheered when he said she could call him Lukey. "Of course it is a good thing to stand out silly. If it wasn't I wouldn't do it so much. But it is a lot of fun you see and the more people looking at you the better. It is so much fun!" Isabella laughed and sat down on her chair spinning it as she slid back. As this happened some of the chemicals from the vile's splashed out on the floor and made a small explosion. "...Oops. You might want to avoid breathing in that smoke for a while. These chemicals act as two things, a high powered explosion and laughing gas. Haha" Isabella explained. She was having a bit too much fun with this.

Finally India had finished what he was doing to come see them. With the whole team together she figured it was time to be somewhat hospitable.
    "Does anyone want coffee. I have some made. I have already had five cups this morning." She said running off to get the pot of coffee. Upon returning India suggested to her that they simply kidnap people with powers. "Why would we do that silly? It is illegal right? Actually what do I care, most of my work can be considered illegal to some. Bring me a test subject. I want to see how his mind reacts to some of my chemicals. It will be fun." She said with a crazy look in her eye. "Plus it will help with my research. I don't know about these gentlemen."

This was going to be a great day, she knew it.
    "Oh! Can I show you my experiment now?" She asked as she ran to get a gas mask and then grab a few more chemicals. "Just watch out, it will be awesome!" It was clear how excited Isabella was for what she was about to do but also seemed dangerous. It would be interesting to see how it would turn out. More interesting for the others than her. She knew how it would turn out. She had studied it enough. It was going to be a colourfull explosion, but you also wouldn't want to breath in the gas, that stuff would be dangerous for you.

18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Lucas made sure not to breathe in the gas that came from the small explosion. Laughing gas could cause quite a few problems. India then gave his name and title. He waited until he had finished his suggestion, and then calmly rejected Isabella's offer of coffee. He didn't need that affecting him either, it was much better if he could think clearly at all times. He stepped back away from both India and Isabella now. All three of the scientists had given him their names and titles. They were much too trusting, that would have to be changed if their work were ever to be kept secret.

"Without hesitation, the three of you gave me your name and title. One of you brought up the fact I am a government agent, but you two" he said, looking at Lucas and India, "didn't even think to mention it. I would expect a man known as the foremost researcher on the human mind to recognise a common test of observation, Mister Ulysses. A name and a title means very little for the most part, but in your work environment it would hardly be difficult to pick through files and find out each and every detail of the three of you. Not only that but if I wasn't a government agent, you would have just simply trusted me just like that and the three of you could have been killed there and then, even with miss Terros' telekinesis. I would suggest being more cautious with what information you give and who you trust in future; next time it could be someone not quite as polite as myself" Lucas said. Setting a test like that was a common thing Lucas did on investigations; it was one of the fastest ways he had of figuring out someone's intellect and discovering just how much they pay attention to their surroundings. Most people did exactly what Lucas, Isabella, and India had done. However, he'd expected scientists that were studying such an important area to think things through a little more.

Still speaking in a relatively neutral tone, he decided to address what India and Isabella had said. He had to be careful with his wording though. If he wasn't eager enough it would sound as though he was uncaring, too eager and it could imply he had some ulterior motive to capture someone with powers. And we wouldn't want you learning about that particular interest just yet, India, he thought to himself.

"That being said, your experiment will have to wait, miss Terros. Kidnapping is illegal and I would never encourage it. However, it would prove beneficial to your cause to have a live subject that isn't part of your own team" Lucas explained, making sure to mention that last part in case Isabella volunteered herself. It seemed entirely in her nature to do so, and that would cause problems for now. "Hmmm" he said, leaning against a deck as he pretended to be in deep thought. "There's also the issue of capturing one without alerting any allies they may or may not have to our existence...I believe your idea is a good one, but is it the right one?" he asked. After a brief pause, he opened his eyes and looked straight at India. "Very well. We will capture either a telepath or a telekinetic, and then your research should be much more efficient" the man finished.

19. Maka Albarn It's called love

Danni wrote down her notes as Christie was completing her test, watching with everyone else from the Observation Room. She didn't say much of anything when Christie came back and declared it was a piece of cake, knowing that the girl seemed always optimistic about everything. She flipped a page on her clipboard, ready to record Colton and his progress, if he had progressed at all. She watched him with the others in the Observation Room, seeing how he was presented with a task and tried to short cut it.

She frowned deeply, not knowing what was going to happen next. This was a new program, she didn't have control over what someone saw or did. When the image flashed to something more violent and realistic, Danni inwardly cringed, glancing around her at the others to see their reactions before looking back on the screen. She was going to let it play out a little longer, seeing if Colton would have the smarts to try to cheat again. From the looks of it, he wasn't. Moving quickly to the control panel, Danni flipped the clear cover over a large red button that had PANIC written on it and slammed her hand on it. The headband was instantly shut down, and the scene before everyone cleared away to reveal an empty room with two manikins leaning over the stunned Colton and a third one laying on the floor not too far away.

With a stern appearance on her face, Danni stormed out the Observation Room and towards Colton on the floor. "
    WHAT the HELL was THAT?!" the ginger barked, standing over Colton. "That was a pretty stupid move! Messing with the headband, trying to short cut your test?! I hoped you learned your lesson!!!" Danni punched the standing manikins down on the floor with a clatter away from Colton before turning her back on him as she walked back to the others, obviously still angry. "Let this be a lesson to you all: DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT try to mess with the inner mechanics of that thing!" She jabbed a pointed finger at Colton on the ground and then looked over at everyone else. "It's just going to project what ever image it wants to make sure you're not going to short cut anything. I don't have control over what it shows. You cannot cheat in these tests. GOT IT?!"

Danni was panting heavily now, her anger was through the roof. She took in a deep breath and then pushed past everyone back to the Observation Room.
    "Christie, take Colton to the infirmary. Lief, you're next."

Danni threw her clipboard on the control panel, resisting the urge to throw the chair down with her telekinetic powers or even explode it. Instead, she sat down heavily in the wooden creation and rubbed her temples as she fought down the rage that was still bubbling inside of her. She wasn't just mad at Colton, she was mad at what she saw. She probably just witnessed what went on in Colton's secret hidden life, and she didn't like it.

"Sure, I'll have them here waiting for you." Errol didn't get to say much of a goodbye as Jean went off to complete the mission he was set out to do. Deep down, the older man was a bit worried about Jean's weakness with women. Hopefully Carter's mother was a smart woman and kept her head above the water. Errol looked around Jean's lab in the morning sunlight, wondering how in the world the young man did it. Juggling science while trying to save the world was pretty ambitious.

After standing there for a few moments in silence, Errol exited out of the lab and walked to the administering office. Hopefully the tests were going well. Hopefully Danni was keeping her temper in check and Jex was observant enough to watch the other students and write down the test results. That boy wasn't so focused as Errol wanted him to be lately, and who could blame him?

Errol opened his office door and walked towards the filing cabinet on the far wall where he kept the job postings and opened the one with the Missing Person's files. There was so many of them, but Jean wanted them all. At least Errol made copies of them in advance for others to use. Using his psychic power, Errol lifted up the needed files and then shut the cabinet as soon as all of the files had floated out. He then shut the cabinet drawer and walked out of his office, heading back to Jean's lab.

Benjamin hummed deeply, stroking his chin as he thought long and hard about what Jason had said. "Yes, posting a job might not be a bad idea. But what if your daughter or even Tobias were to find it? No, that would cause too much chaos. They are already on the watch list, and they know it." Benjamin looked over to Kytheria, who was still standing here, watching the chaos unfold silently. "I'm not sure about mature, but I have someone who will be silent and be our bird's eye view... Kytheria."

The strange girl straightened when her name was called as a sly smirk spread across her face. "Yes, Father?" Father was the correct way to address Benjamin if you were not Jason, unlike the way Tobias treated him. She peered under the shade of her hat, seeing that Benjamin was gesturing for her to come over. The girl didn't hesitated and waltzed over to Jason and her esteemed leader.

Benjamin put a withered hand on her shoulder, looking into her strange, yellow colored eyes. "
    My child, will you be willing to watch over our reckless children? Keep them safe and make sure they don't do anything rash, but stay out of sight. This job will be off the record for your safety. That is if you're with that government official today."

Kytheria smiled and bowed her head in respect. "Lucas is busy today, I have time. I am one with the shadows, Father. They won't even know I'm around."

"Good. Jason, what do you think? Do you trust Kytheria to watch over your daughter and Tobias?"

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]

After Lukey explained what his test was Isabella stopped for a moment, pulled off her gas mask, and cocked her head to the side, looking at him strange. "But wait this building has tons of guards as well as every door has a security lock. Half the people who aren't guards have weapons with them.just in case." Isabella put the chemicals she was holding away.and walked to her computer. "if you happen to take down all the guards without anyone noticing which is next to impossible then you have to deal with the security system and the guards in one section don't have cards for the next section up. From what my computer tells me there has been no tampering with the systems." She then pressed some buttons and pulled up security cameras. "The guards are very much alive. And if you were able to get your hands on an access card them you would have been able to get your hands on our files too so it wouldn't matter that we just gave you out names. I was just trying to be polite. Besides I have been here since three A.M. of something was up I would have noticed. Trust me." Isabella finished explaining to Lucas, actually taking the time to seem somewhat serious. Despite the fact that she was crazy she usually know more than well what she was talking about.

Isabella then listened as Lukey tried to think about capturing someone and eventually agreed to it.
    "Yay Lukey, your the best!" She cheered before stopping and thinking for a moment. "But should you really go alone. I know I will come with you! Yeah Lukey I will help you capture a test subject. My powers should help with that." She explained as she began to run around and get everything needed for a trip out to capture people including an assortment of colourful bombs that she herself had made.

[​IMG]
    Colton was soon pushed to the ground as he continued to be beaten. He couldn't protect himself and started to fire off telekinetic bullets every which way with no regards for where they might go, though the ones that hit the men did nothing. He knew that was supposed to be a test so he had to find another more creative way to deal with the situation but in his mindset he couldn't. He tried to push back from them away but was getting no where fast. Colton simply gave up and took the beating no matter how painful it was, it was just in his mind right?

The men disappeared and he found himself back in the training room with manikins standing over him. For the simulation to be all in his mind his body still ached, but he could at least tell nothing was broken like it was in the simulation. Colton gave a long sigh of relief... until Danni exited the observation room. This was not going to be fun. He didn't move off the ground as Danni yelled at him and the others about tampering with the machine. though he hoped she would at least be impressed that he was in a simulation and still consciously aware enough of the outside world to manipulate something that was not a part of the simulation, that was not the easiest thing to do.

When Danni was done having her little fit, Colton picked himself off the ground and stared her down for a moment before turning to walk himself to the inferiority.
    "I don't need someone to babysit me going to the inferiority, not that I need to go there anyways." Colton grumbled heading to the door. No doubt that Christie would follow anyways but that didn't stop him from complaining. "So how long do you think it will be before she rats on me to her dear uncle? " Colton Asked Christie, bitterness apparent in his voice. He was not looking forward to another lecture.

[​IMG]

"Your right, a job posting causes too much risk of being found out." Ben then called the young woman, Kye over to do the job, she was young, but more mature and was good at keeping out of sight. "Yes she would do well." Jason told Ben before turning to Kye before she could leave yet. "If your government friend calls, go with him. Just let me know so I can find a replacement. Our ties with the government are important and we want to keep them as well as we can. Good luck. We are trusting you." Jason said senidng the girl off. This made him feel slightly better about the whole thing but as fathers do he still worried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.