Kingdom Hearts II Concerning Kh2: Final Mix+!!!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by crazymigit182, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazymigit182 Merlin's Housekeeper

I pre-ordered KH2: Final Mix+ from Japan, as well as Swap Magic.

A FEW CONCERNS, IF YOU WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO REPLY!!!!!!

For one thing, I know that the english voice overs or something or some english subs (some crap like that) will make it possible to understand the KH2: Final Mix part. But for the Re: COM, is there no english translation at all? No subs or anything? Even with Swap Magic?

AND HERES MY BIGGEST CONCERN!!!! On YouTube I posted my concerns, and someone replied saying that somewhere along the way Swap Magic will kill my PS2. The version is just plain version 3, but I'm still not sure. IS THIS TRUE? CUZ IF IT IS, THATS NOT GOOD!!!! SO PLEASE REPLY SO MAYBE YOU CAN EASE MY WORRIES!

2. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Modifications of any kind to your PS2 put your console at risk of a shorter lifespan than it originally would have had.

Mod-chips that need soldering definitely do this to your PS2. It weakens the laser and slowly slows down the processing speed. Eventually, games will start freezing at loading screens and cause you to open the tray and close it again to 're-load' the loading process you were doing before. This won't work for burned games, and you'll have to reset your game. Eventually, your PS2 will stop reading things altogether. I've personally owned a modded PS2 that underwent soldering, and the console itself lasted a few years, maybe about 5-6. It *still* works to this day, but it has massive difficulties loading screens and freezes a lot. It also can't read legitimate discs anymore. (LOL).

I now use my Japanese model PS2 for imports and my PS3 for all Region 1 PS1/2/3 games.

Swap Magic is a lot 'safer' in the sense that your PS2's internal hardware is not tampered at all. However, even though this is ideally more 'safe' for your PS2, it does not guarantee that your PS2 will not go unharmed in the long run.

If it were still 2000, I'd say think it over before buying, but seeing as how the PS2 is reaching its end-game, I don't see a big problem with using Swap Magic. It's several times safer than any soldered mod-chip available, and will definitely not destroy your PS2 very quickly--if at all. But do keep in mind that if the PS2 *does* mess up, your PS2 should still have its warranty because you haven't tampered with it at all. That's another big plus of Swap Magic vs chip soldering, as chip soldering voids your warranty immediately.

The safest option is to own a Japanese model PS2 like I do, but that's obviously more expensive.

By the way, this is in the wrong section.

3. crazymigit182 Merlin's Housekeeper

i know, but didnt know what section to put it in =/ but thanx for the info im not as worried like if something happens i have a warrantee and its not like a disaster i can just pay $100 dollars for a new second hand one

4. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

i just bought myself a pre-modded ps2, with all the lastest laser stuff (dunno much about the spec details), plus i get a free 12 months warranty. so if anything goes wrong i just get it fixed. :D
    I've mixed things about swap magic, i guess you would have to be careful with it.

5. dandanrevolutionextreme Banned

you can't....swap magic, or any kind of altering to the ps2, no, any video game system, will cut the warentee. once you use the swap magic, your warentee ends

you can't....swap magic, or any kind of altering to the ps2, no, any video game system, will cut the warentee. once you use the swap magic, your warentee ends

6. Soushirei 運命の欠片

No, it doesn't. The warranty is voided if you open up your PS2. Swap Magic + Magic Switch Pro or Magic Keys does *not* open up your PS2 or alter the hardware in any way. Swap Magic is merely a disc, and Magic Switch Pro/Magic Keys are simply a few pieces of material that you add onto the disc tray of your PS2. If your PS2 stops working, just remove the pieces and take it into the store you bought it from. Sony cannot prove you did anything to the console that may jeopardize the lifespan of the system as nothing was tampered with or changed since purchase.

7. John S. Banned

magic swap does not void warrenty, its called a softcore mod for a reason. Research is your friend.

8. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

I got swap magic and it didn't do anything bad.

9. John S. Banned

its fine, dont let people tell you stuff like that, do research if all fails.

10. crazymigit182 Merlin's Housekeeper

exactly. this forum thread IS my research.

11. Utawarezen Gummi Ship Junkie

Swap Magic does not void warranty, but I just bought a Japanese PS2 instead. You would need a voltage converter if you bought a fat JP PS2 but the slimline JP PS2 can just be plugged in and start working, it did for me, playing imports just fine. Is PS3 region protected? Just wondering in case I decided to buy an american PS2 and try to play JP KH3 on it.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

i think they are for ps1 & 2 games but i think it is region free for ps3 games. someone correct me if i'm wrong please.

13. Soushirei 運命の欠片

PS3 is region free, but PS1 and PS2 games still have region protection on it.

That's why I only use my PS2 for ps1 and ps2 imports now. PS3 is for everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.