Nomura Interview Translation (BBS)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, although not much, we at KHV now have a translation of the recent famitsu scans, in courtesy of FF7AC REunion It might not be 100% accurate, but it's the best we can do for now!

Interviewer:So what about the development of Birth by Sleep?

Nomura:The developer of re:COM will be working on KH:BBS. During Development, the production of KH:BBS was stopped, for the production of re:COM. At first it felt a bit weird starting the project again. I believe this project started before the other two, of the three Kingdom Hearts games, and I also believe it will be the last to hit the market.

Interviewer: It still relates to Birth of Sleep? (KH2 FM+'s secret ending)

Nomura: The Secret Ending, is an image for a scene in BBS, therefore the title of the game is also the same. However because it is difficult to express a violent battle as a playable content, The Secret Ending, is an image to the end. (Is he hinting that this is how BBS will end or something else?)

Interviewer:How much talk was put into it, for this, as it seems to be the past to the "KH" Series.

Nomura: The game is the farthest in the past timeline of Kingdom Hearts, and will take 10 years ago from the KH series. There is a screenshot of two children playing on the beach, and I believe the fans can understand what that means.

Interviewer: In the Story it's said that "Three Scenarios spelt by Three Heroes". Is there a relation between each scenario?

Nomura:: There are three Heroes, Terra, Ven, and another character in KHBBS. A story is already prepared for all three of them. Therefore in a way you can say three games were made at the same time. (Laughs) It's difficult to zap through the explanation right now due to Scenario creating. However the beginning will be a bit hard to understand, but by completing all three Scenarios you will understand the entire story.

Interviewer: Do the names of the three heroes represent something?

Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts, Sora meant Sky, Riku meant Land, and Kairi meant Sea. In this game, the three meanings make a large impact on the game.

Interviewer: Are all three Scenarios happening around the same time?

Nomura: All of the Scenarios do take around the same time, however there are also some gaps between the timelines. Also there are times when all three heroes will meet.

Interviewer: Is the playing order decided yet?

Nomura: I believe it would be better if we gave the players a freedom of choice. However this is still being talked about, but I believe it would be better to choose whoever you want out of the three.

Interviewer: What place is the story's viewpoint from.

Nomura: To bring a point. The word that comes up in Kingdom Hearts 2, is Xehanort. The game will bring up answers to several things though like. "Why is the Elderly person who appears in BBS bring up the same name?" and "Why is he wearing the same clothes as Ansem in KH1?" Another thing I want to bring up is that Ven has the same hairstyle, face, clothes, and voice to Roxas who appears in the Kingdom Hearts series. Who is he?

Interviewer: Is the voice actor of Ven the same as Roxas?

Nomura: Yes, it is the same actor. Therefore the person who played, will only look at Ven as Roxas from KH2.

However, is Roxas and Ven really the same character?

Moreover, what's the mystery for the existence of Ven, and Roxas?

These are keys that can be fully understandable, when playing KH:BBS. You will be able to seperate Ven from Roxas with ease, I will hint though by connecting the Story between Roxas and Sora, you will understand who Ven is.

Interviewer: May I believe that the one you fight in KH2FM+, and Terra are the same person? Because they both use a very similar kind of Keyblade.

Nomura: If they really are the same person, or not is uncertain, though it doesn't matter if you think they are the same person.

Interviewer: In BBS, after all three are divided, the king appears?

Nomura: It may be deeply related to the story, however I cannot tell rather or not that is a "King" from that current age. This is because the development of BBS will be a very serious story.

Interviewer: In BBS is the gameplay done by choosing action commands lined up in command list?

Nomura: I believe it is neccessary to say first. The Command Menu that was shown to the public (A.K.A scans, and video) has now changed. A system close to that of re:COM has been created successfully feeling like a command deck. However the present screenshots show it was a bit too close to the idea of re:COM. The battle screens you see in the images now, have already been changed. However the operating sense is similar to that of the Kingdom Hearts series. The gameplay has a slight influence from the DS game "It's a Wonderful World"

Interviewer: Are there any features for the Growth System? (Leveling System)

Nomura: A new Growth System has been added into the game, it is when you have to match four obligations with the scenario (?). We tried this variously because it was a bit hard with the PSP. However we made the best use of it's Analog.

Interviewer: Are there new enemies you can confirm that are not shown in the screens?

Nomura:The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody. Because the story takes place before even they appear. I can give out more information little by little as time passes, an example being like the Shadow enemies that are heartless, and the Dusk enemies that are nobodies.

Interviewer: With the PSP will it be possible for two people to Communicate by any connection method?

Nomura:: It's too early to answer that however, there will be some features that will be taking advantage of the PSP.

Be sure to check back later for our translations on Coded, and 358/2 days.

Edit: IGN also has more information on 358/2 Days

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Poki#3
      Poki#3
      Yeah, I love Nomura interviews :P
      You can always make out something interesting :>
    2. Darkcloud
      Darkcloud
      'hinting an end to BBS', oh man, I hope not!

Man, you've been busy! Great job! This is gonna be a great game, I know it!
    3. chozen
      chozen
      Im not liking the sound of using a similar battle system as RE: COM that just really ruins it...althought im still getting it no matter what. I dont know, I guess they can pull it off again plus its not the exact battle system so hopefully it will all work out.
    4. Poki#3
      Poki#3
      Nomura did note that they recently reworked the system, because it was TOO similar. From the looks at the screenshots from the mags, I got the impression that you would have various commands handed to you at random, and they would change as you use them. That doesn't sound that bad... though that's just speculation :P
    5. Mirai
      Mirai
      This game looks pwnsome!

A new battle system, huh? I hope it's good.
    6. SoulSlayer
      SoulSlayer
      Whoa, awesome interview, even though it didn't say who Ven was. Not that I was expecting that... XD

Yeah, it would be nice if the player got to decide who they want to play as and when. I always like from the KH series you can just quit a world mid story and continue or start another one. I would like to have that freedom again.
    7. SinirothXIII
      SinirothXIII
      *lifts jaw from floor*

...YES!

He acknowledged the Ven/Roxas connection! Can't wait to see what it is.

This game, along with Days, sounds sooooo awesome!
    8. Titanguy654
      Titanguy654
      *stares* WHY DOES NOMURA-*Calms down* Why does Nomura refer to Aqua as "Another character"? We already know her name...
    9. SoulSlayer
      SoulSlayer
      Hehe, he actually acknowledged the Roxas/Ven connection back in April.

Well, we also haven't seen her in any of the screenshots. Maybe, just maybe, she's not the third playable character.
    10. Fear Light
      Fear Light
      ****ing awsome info. Read the full interview about BBS and saw the scans and I must say I almost had to change my pants. XD Lets just say I got too excited. XD!
      But really the BBS one obviously will be the most advanced and the longest of the three. And I'm assuming that BBS will be around 400 hours of gameplay considering they said you can play through 3 characters fully. So Obviously after that they meet up and then you can have them all at the end. So about 500 hours to be exact. Anyway, Ven is not Roxas but in the interview they said all fo them are connected. So obviously Ven must be someone close. A Brother perhaps? But if so Sora would ahve to have forgotten who he was after he grew up. Maybe because what happens to Ven in the FM+ ending trailer for BBS that Sora wouldn't know. I don't know what to believe anymore. But It has me very excited to say the least. And if I have to I'll import the game if they dont release it here. And I'm sure they will considering the Coded Cell phone game has been confirmed to be released Internationally.
    11. SoulSlayer
      SoulSlayer
      500 hours?! O.o Wow, how long do you usually play your KH games? I personally haven't ever exceeded 40 hours on a single playthrough.
    12. StarSeekerWolf
      StarSeekerWolf
      I am getting so impatient! Why the heck does Ven look like Roxas! Its driving me crazy!
    13. Noise
      Noise
      lol i love how he never really gives u and answer! lol but im really wondingering what the new enemy will look like!

Heartless*
    14. Destiny's Force
      Destiny's Force
      Wonder how long it'll take this time? Spring 2009? And even if it does go international, does anyone else think that eventually they'll do exactly what they did to Chain of Memories and make all three of the games for the PS3? I mean, everyone else outside of Japan got royally screwed out of KH:FM, KH2FM+ & Re:CoM (unless they imported it) despite the large international fan base. What's stopping the developers to recreate these games after a few years?

This has probably been brought up before, but is it possible for Ven=Sora's father? Maybe he had to erase his existence from Destiny Islands or something...
    15. SinirothXIII
      SinirothXIII
      Well yeah. I remember him mentioning Roxas and Sora with him, around when he said every character in the secret movies are related to currently known characters. But this time he got a little more in-depth. Well, he kind of hinted around and talked in riddles basically :) But still, more talk of it.

Well, BBS takes place 10 years before KH. Sora was 14 in KH. Ven looks about 15 or 16. So you add 10 to Ven's 15-16 you get Ven being 25-26 when KH1 takes place. 26-14=12. So yeah, unless Ven got Sora's mom pregnant when he was 12, it's just not plausible. :)
    16. Gwen
      Gwen
      OH GOD NOMURA, YOU'RE A MURDERER!

Seriously, he's killing me with the suspense.
    17. Unmei
      Unmei

i think i know what the new enemy is... could it be chasers? i'm not sure if the chasers are ven and terra or the new enemies... a possibility?
    18. L337 kybldmstr
      L337 kybldmstr
      Or you can skip a couple altogether! COUGHatlanticaCOUGH
    19. SoulSlayer
      SoulSlayer
      Yeah, I guess you could. I liked it in KH though. But in KH2 it was just... bad.