Story of the Week: Rules

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Roxas, May 5, 2007.

1. Roxas OG

Story of the Week: Rules<O:p

<O:p

NOTE: If your story is longer than 3 chapters, just enter the first 3 chapters!!!

Your entries will be judged upon several categories that reflect all aspects of skill, detail, and comprehension:
    - Ideas & Development
    The story is clear, focused, and purposeful. It raises questions for the reader, draws the reader into its characters, and keeps the reader guessing between chapters. Characters contain wide ranges of emotions and can be loved, hated, and have shared experiences with the reader. Plots are original and the storyline makes sense.
    - Tone
    The writer addresses the audience in a way that is engaging and appropriate. In advanced stories, the writer keeps the voice controlled and does not overwhelm the reader. The story is not too graphic, comedic or realistic. Readers are able to understand the story with a single mindset.
    - Organization
    The story is organized into paragraphs and chapters (only if necessary). Paragraphs and new sentence are started in the right places. Semi-colons are used when new ideas are brought up in the same sentence. Transitions show how ideas are connected.
    - Sentence Fluency
    Sentences are strong, grammatical, clear, and direct. The story can be read quickly and without confusion. Run-on sentences are non-existent as well as fragments not used in quotations. Whole sentences are used (see sweqsora222).
    - Content
    The plot is interesting; the beginning pulls in the reader and keeps them reading till the very end. Words are chosen well, and characters are presented in a way that connects them with their original stories. Your stories will be pushed the hardest in this category, as the content of the story is the story.
    Rules & Regulations:<O:p

1. All fanfictions must be related to Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, or Disney. No one wants to read about Mario’s date with Luigi, so keep the fanfics to what the people reading will actually care about.
    2. Be appropriate! Keep in mind that children of all ages could be reading your story. Swearing is fine, but keep in mind that the forum automatically edits swear words. Blood is fine, and gore is fine if it can be kept to a minimum. Torture is also okay, but keep in mind that if your story is too graphic then it won’t be considered for Story of the Week. To be honest, I don’t expect to see mass torture, blood, and gore in your Disney-related fanfictions. If you do decide to pull out the blood and gore card, set your own limits and remember that only you can make it too gory to be considered for this competition.
    3. The story must be entered during the week of the competition. One story will win each week. When your story is entered in the Story of the Week sub-section in our forum, it must not contain more than 3 chapters. Your story will be judged based on these three chapters, and if you win, a link to the whole story will be posted on the front page. If your story has already won Story of the Week, even newer chapters will not enable you for re-entry. This means that if you’ve won once, you can’t win again.
    4. Obviously, you must be a member at KH-Vids to enter the competition. Being a Premium Member, Forum Helper, Moderator, or Administrator does not give you extra benefit in this competition. All stories will be judged fairly. Whether you have 3 posts, or 1500 posts, your story will be considered all the same. Bear this in mind if you’re a new member, as winning this competition can get you some acknowledgement from members you never thought would pay you their time of day.
    5. At the end of each week, I will post the winner of the Story of the Week on the front page. The Story of the Week section will then be cleared of all topics and entries can be re-submitted. I will sometimes be a day early or late when posting the winner, so get your entries on early for the best benefits!
    Start posting your stories and poems now, and you can have yourself a chance to be featured on KH-Vids’ front page, as well as your winning story. All winning stories will be archived in the Story of the Week section, which is located in the Creativity Corner. I invite all writers who read this to join our forum and enter their stories to see if they can win Story of the Week. Good luck!<O:p

2. DawnedDusk Destiny Islands Resident

Wow... This is awesome.
    It somewhat motivates me to finish FanFics that I've already started, and ones I've thought of starting... but I'm only a two-week 14 year old, who still isn't even in High School yet.
    I guess I could try though. Thanks for starting this Roxas.

3. Roxas- PARTYMAN MORE LIKE HOMOVAN 73M SUCK MY B****!

Wow! I'm going to enter my story!

4. Quiet Elegy This is the death of beauty.

hmm this reminds me of a fanfic i was writing.... maybe i should finish it and enter it :D

5. Nanaki Broken in six places

Alrighty Sir!! I shall stand by the rules, and enter the contest next time I finish a story. Thank you Roxas!!!

6. Sce13 Banned

Awesome! But I have 2 questions...

What is yaoi and yuri?
    and..
    Do you mean we have to have more than 3 chapters or is that the limit?

7. TheOtherKeyblade Destiny Islands Resident

Does it have to posted here on the Forum? Because I stopped posting Broken Chains because nobody reveiwed it, sand I hate to post usless threads. Yet, I am still posting it over on FFnet.

If I do an Achive page here would that would that work?

8. Viroxor Traverse Town Homebody

The Restaraunt at the End of the Universe.
    3 chapter limit? That's kind of lame. *Goes to delete his fourth chapter*

9. Nanaki Broken in six places

I think he means that you have to have AT LEAST 3 chapters...not that you can only have 3 chapters....I'm not sure though...

10. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Nope, it says "must *not* contain more than 3 Chapters".

So my story is nulled too. No matter, it's not like I started writing it to win anything anyway. Count me out.

Good luck, everyone.

11. Nanaki Broken in six places

Aww...that sucks. *Shruggs* Guess we have to just deal, huh? Okays! I'll give it a shot!!

12. Axel Chaser

Partying, making tags and Staring at the Sun.
    Yaoi is boy to boy love. Yuri is the opposite, explaining why Roxas wants alot of it =D

Nice words. Might work.:D

And guys, I'm pretty sure he wants a three chapter limit. Due to the general discontent and uh.. unknown motives, maybe it should be cleared up that lots of people can turn in stories and it's hard to read them all. I mean, even DS has a hard time watching movies. Imagine reading fanfics. I'm guessing this is why there's the limit.

13. Rosey Chaser

But then do we give him the first three chapters, the last three chapters, or some random three chapters?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

14. Zero Sora Moogle Assistant

If we win Story of the Week, can we make a new story and enter it next week?

15. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Haha, I'm glad I just have 2 chapters till now. Ok, better get posting.

16. Spiritoso Merlin's Housekeeper

So we could put up oneshots too. Yes!

17. Axel Chaser

Partying, making tags and Staring at the Sun.
    Um...I'm guessing your story should only be three chapters...:confused:

18. Rosey Chaser

Hummm dang it. Mines like 5. I guess i could shorten it.......or i guess i could just make a new one. *sighness*

19. twilightsbringing Twilight Town Denizen

That's awesome! I'm actually working on a story right now. I am glad you are encouraging people to use good grammar! Great idea! :)

20. Roxas OG

XD, all of you complaining about the 3 chapter rule, it's there for a reason! You enter three chapters, and I judge your story. If it wins, a link to the whole story is posted on the front page! I'll edit that into the rules.