Square-Enix Parasite Eve 3: The Third Birthday

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xaldin, May 15, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 3rd Birthday Promo Art

Hey guys, another image to bring up, someone at 2ch managed to take a picture of The 3rd Birthday's Promotional Poster check it out!

[​IMG]

For those wondering, yes the character designer is still Tetsuya Nomura.

2. ukali_rules Twilight Town Denizen

Hey, for once there isn't a over-abundance of straps. XD

3. Alice Banned

2ch? Haven't been there in a while...thought it was dead. D: There was a notice that came up on the main page several months ago saying it would be shutting down.

4. qwdc Merlin's Housekeeper

After all these years, they finally make a sequel to Parasite Eve, or in this case, a spin-off.

5. libregkd -

6. Speyeker Destiny Islands Resident

Is Aya pointing a gun at her mouth, like she's about to commit suicide? Or do I just have very poor depth perception?

7. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure it's just you this time, it might be the poster's photo quality.

8. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

[​IMG]

No threads on this?

Anyways just started playing it today, pretty good so far. The battle system is taking awhile to get used to but it's quite different and fairly enjoyable. Loving the soundtrack too. Anyone else playing it?

Also Parasite Eve general thread I guess.

9. Noise For Love and Justice

Kay, so I kinda wanna get this...but I have to finish a long list of games first.

But I heard the game wasn't that good...and its not really a genre that I enjoy. So I am curious if you would recommended it when you are done.

Also I hear its rather short...so that's another negative. Unless that's just a lie

10. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Well if you're not into third person shooters I guess you wouldn't want to play this. I too heard it's pretty short, dunno yet though. I'll post all my thoughts when I finish it.

11. EvilMan_89 Code Master

unfortunately this game isn't that great. i'm 5 hours into it and it's an ok game but some flaws are: it would've been nice to get much more background as to what's going on in the story (feel as though more explaining could help), the gameplay gets repetitive after a while, it seems like the developers are deliberately trying to annoy the player because i would say it is doing that more often than a game should. this annoyance comes in the form of a boss that can take forever to kill or too many monsters that can deal instant death to you (though that's not too much of problem if you can switch characters but if not you're screwed).

like the graphics and it has some nice scenes though. right now i think it's all flash and no real substance. maybe that will change when i finish the game, we'll see.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I'm at the last chapter and so far I've liked what I've played. Don't get me wrong, it has many flaws; poor camera control, frustrating, unfair situations and such, but I have enjoyed it. The story is very short, but The 3rd Birthday is all about replay.

One thing I can't figure out is how to best utilise the DNA grid. It was never explained well.

Since it's also a discussion on the Parasite Eve series, I'm so freaking annoyed that the series will not make it to EU (At least the first game). If there's no sign of it I'm thinking I'll make a US account and purchase it from the NA psn, but that's only if they don't release it here. >|

13. Noise For Love and Justice

its not the third person shooter that I dont like...its the horror lol.

But its seems to be a consensus that this game is as much fun as it makes you want to chuck it at a wall.

14. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Its not the third game in the series. Its merely a 'spin off' SE says. I have not played it much, but I loved the first two games.

But SE says if sales are good or whatever they will make an official PE3. Thats what I heard anyway.

15. hikki_kairi Gummi Ship Junkie

Not to bump up this thread or anything. O.o

I've been playing the 3rd Birthday. Yes it is short and its like a long mini-game compared to PE1 and PE2. But it's still fun to play :3 I'm at the last episode and I'm stuck inro evolving Aya from Level 19 to Level 26 x.x

The DNA Grid System is like a Sphere Grid system but it's all guess on which ability you will form in mixing up the DNA. Plus there's not enough space for more abilities to use- which sucks big time x.x

16. The Mender Traverse Town Homebody

3rd birthday

ok first of for anyone that likes final fantasy, gun games, or games with good stroylines and monsters this is a game for you lol but anyway to my question in the games u can get diffrent outfits but i hav almost completed it and have only got 2 of them the starting ones so my question is can anyone help me get some more of the outfits.

17. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

-Merged with my thread-

Anyways I'm pretty sure this is accurate:

Swim Wear - complete game on Hard Mode

China Dress - complete gameon Normal Mode

Knight Armor - complete game on Deadly Mode

the Apron Dress - complete game on Easy Mode

Titanium Bunny - complete game on Genocide Mode

Business Suit - complete game on any mode / Search the CTI Building in the left locker room

Lightning Custom - Complete 57 total feats OR Beat the game on any mode / Have at least 7 Stamps on Square-Enix Member Site OR Beat the Game 9 times on any Mode

OD Suit - complete game 5 times OR Beat the game on any Mode / Have at least 1 Stamp on Square-Enix Member Site Santa Soldier - complete game on any Mode / Search Maeda's Base, downstairs

18. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

Hey, Im planning on getting game, I played the first game so far and it seems really good with an awesome storyline. However I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the ineternet.

A european edition of this game, The 3rd Birthday: Twisted Edition came out only in Europe with a lot of extra stuff that I want, does anyone know what language options are there? If I got the European verison, is their an option for english voice and text?

19. Patman Bof

Most European PSP games can be played in the language you' ve set as your PSP system default language (I' m French but I' ve set my PSP on English, so far the only SE game I was forced to play in French was Crisis Core). Anyway, 3rd B wasn' t even translated in Europe, the only available language is English, you can buy any European version you want (btw, when in doubt buy British games : in terms of game releases they' re considered European territory, and their games can always be played in English).

20. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

The 3rd Birthday(PSP)

Forget about the negative reviews from IGN. This game is beautiful in the cutscene section. The music is remixed from the previous game (Parasite Eve) by Yoko Shimomura who also did the original music for Parasite Eve. I highly recommend anyone the soundtrack to the Parasite Eve because Yoko Shimomura did a beautiful job at doing the music.

For those of you who have not heard of Parasite Eve it is about a rookie cop Aya Brea in New York City Christmas Eve 1997. She has the power to save humanity from the being Eve.
    (They used un-used ideas from Final Fantasy VII for the setting for Parasite Eve)

In The 3rd Birthday it is December, 2012 roots come up from the ground and destroy the City and killing people they are called The Twisted. Aya Brea can go into the past to stop the Twisted. She can switch bodies with the people around her when she needs to.

The game has beautiful music, amazing cutscenes, The story is a bit odd to understand but its explained when you progress near the end of the game. Tetsuya Nomura returns as the character artist for The 3rd Birthday as he did for Parasite Eve 1 and 2. The music for The 3rd Birthday is composed by Yoko Shimomura (remixing her old tracks from Parasite Eve and making new ones), and Tsuyoshi Sekito.

Do I recommend this game to those who have not played the previous games? Yes because Square Enix made it that way.