A Night to Remember

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Hyuge ✧, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Olivia ran around the house frantically checking last minute arrangements. The florist had called at the last minute claiming problems with the centerpiece arrangement that was supposed to be delivered. She had to fetch the garden and have him make one from the garden out back. Olivia caught the sight of smoke coming from the kitchen door and sighed in frustration. What now?! She pushed the doubled-doors open, anger apparent on her face. "What is going on? This is supposed to go smoothly!"

"Sorry mam. It's all under control now. There won't be any more problems." Olivia rubbed her temples as one of the cooks pulled out a fire extinguisher. The kitchen was engulfed in a cloud of white and she exhaled, a bit on edge. Tonight had to go off without a hitch. Any problems would not be tolerated. She glanced up at a clock on the wall and then exited the kitchen. 5:30. Guests would be arriving in just a half hour and she was running out of time. This would be one of the most important dinners of their lives.

Olivia moved into the dining room to make sure the maids had the table set accordingly. There were nametags on each of the plates, designating where all of the guests would sit. She nooded, pleased and double checked each of the place settings. It all looked right, but she had a sinking feeling that something was being forgotten. What could it be? Olivia left the empty dining room and went to search for Vito. She hadn't seen his face in a few hours. He said something about work and disappeared. She had been too preoccupied with the flower fiasco to listen and find out what it may have been about.

[​IMG]
    Rosalie checked herself one last time in the mirror. She didn't really understand why the invite had arrived in her mailbox, but it did. Sure, she knew Oliva and Vito, but not well. At least Evelyn was going. It would make the night slightly less torturesome. She had even managed to find a date, but the guy backed out at the last minute when he discovered how many mobsters would be there. She could understand not wanting to be caught in the crossfire, but now she would look like the Class B everyone viewed her as. Rosalie could handle being alone, but if she showed up with some, then it would just be a nightmare.

Rosalie picked up her bag and slipped into the jacket she had hanging on the hook. Her hair stood up high on her head and she smiled brightly as she stepped out into the brisk evening air. The car was already waiting for her when she walked out the door and she greeted the driver happily. Rosalie slid into the backseat.

2. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Candy powdered her face delicately, careful not to clump. She applied a bright, ruby lipstick to match her "red hot" dress. She pushed her auburn brown hair up playfully, now curly, bouncing softly. Looking at herself in the mirror, the woman was satisfied at her craftsmanship. She left the bathroom slowly, her crimson high heels tapping gingerly across the checkered tile floor. She moved into the living room, where the invitation lay on the oak wood table next to her scarlet hand purse. Grabbing her purse, she picked up the note and read it quietly to herself. She never knew Olivia too well. She'd seen her at the Gatsby a few times, but that was it. "Hmph, my singing must've amazed her then, not that I'm surprised!" she laughed softly to herself.

Opening her purse, Candy carefully slipped the invitation in, in case she needed it for access to the party. Looking at the clock on her eggshell white wall, she gasped at the time. "5:35? Goodness, I'm going to be late!" Running to the door, she quickly put her pearl earrings into her ear and clipped a stunning vermilion necklace around her neck. To finish the look, she slipped a lust red ring around her finger and placed a fox pelt scarf [ wrapped like a feather boa ] around her neck. She grabbed her key, and left the apartment, locking the door securely. She slipped the key into her purse and she speed walked down the stairs. Thank goodness she was only on the second floor. Candy sprinted out the front door where a car was waiting for her. She slid into the backseat and said, "Drive."

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sam was getting ready for the big event. He didn't particularly like dressing up, but it's not like he had much choice in the matter. After putting his trademark silver pistol into his holster, he put on one of his nicest suits. "God," he began to say to himself. "This is just gonna be a hell of a drag." He looked in the mirror, making sure that Dante would find his outfit acceptable. Despite the fact that he and Vito absolutely despised each other, this party was supposed to be completely peaceful. "Yeah, peaceful my ass." he thought to himself as he fixed his fedora. Dante and Vito had gone against each other for as long as he could remember, and nothing was ever going to change that. He knew, because people would always be like that; once you've tasted the hate, there's never any going back.

As he walked out to the main room, he looked up at the clock. "Huh, 5:30 already." He knew the party started at six and that Dante would meet him there, so he began to head out the glass doors. Just as he did, an unmarked blue car pulled up right outside. He heard someone say,
    "Get in, Handsome. Boss's orders." and kept a straight face. Apart from hate, rage and bloodlust, you never showed any real emotion in front of the rest of the gang. Instead he shrugged his shoulders, opened the door and replied with a cocky, "Yeah yeah, just get moving." As they went on their way, he wondered what sort of thing would go down. There were so many things that could go wrong, and he knew in the back of his mind that quite a few people would enjoy any excuse to get into a good brawl.

4. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Vito Donato - South Side Mob Boss

Vito leaned back in his office chair as he puffed his cigar.
    He decided to take a few moments for himself before the party. He had lied to Olivia, telling her that he had to work. In the background, on a phonograph, Vito played some soft classical music. He took a long draw on his cigar before getting up out of his chair and walking over to the mirror that he had hanging on the wall. He adjusted his tie and smiled at himself in the mirror. "You, my friend, are getting married. Be happy." He began a conversation with his reflection. "Be happy? Why? You're life is over. Why the hell did you propose to her anyway?" He paused for a moment. "Because I love her." He replied to himself. After half a minute of silence, he started laughing. Once he stopped, he wiped the tears from his eyes. "I must be losing my mind. I need a vacation." He walked out the door and walked down the street. He pulled out his pocket watch and took a glance at it. "5:37... better hurry." Some might find it odd how Vito, a mob boss, elected to walk to the party, rather than letting his driver take him. The truth was, Vito loved to walk. He loved to walk at night even more. The air was crisp and cool; invigorating. After a few minutes, Vito reached the party. He entered the building, mumbling an uninterested "Hello" to everyone that greeted him. He quickly found Olivia and took the cigar out of his mouth. He greeted her with a kiss. "Everything going smoothly, darling?" He teased, looking around at the scene. He didn't bother letting Olivia answer. He flipped out his pocket watch again and glanced at it. "5:45. Almost time. I wonder if Dante is here..." He looked around again, this time looking for his old friend turned enemy. After a few seconds went by and Dante was nowhere to be seen, Vito looked back down at Olivia and kissed her again. "I'm sorry, baby. I'm completely ignoring you..." He stopped talking as his gaze shot over to a cook, then to the burned mess. "Hey! Did you cause this!?" He wouldn't let the cook respond. "Stop dragging your ass! If you make my Olivia unhappy... if you ruin tonight, i'm going to see to it personally that you end up in the river with a bullet in your head! Y'hear!?" He would then put the cigar back in his mouth and break away from Olivia; ordering servants and planners around to try and take some of the stress off of his fiance. "We have less than 15 minutes, people. Stop wasting time before I get really unhappy! MOVE!"

5. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Tommy was wandering around outside his bosses office waiting for him. He worked for the biggest Mob boss in the southern Chicago, Vito Donato. Tommy was his right hand man for a extremely long time now. He was outside pacing having a smoke patiently waiting for his boss to come out. After he had finished his cigarette, he checked his watch that he had in his pocket. It was one of the last memento's to remember his father. It was 5:40, almost time to go. He headed inside to tell his boss that it was almost time to go. He walked through the building up to his bosses and knocked on his door before entering. He walked in and found that his boss wasn't here.****!He ran out of the room and down the stairs and out of the building. He quickly looked around for anything out of place, any strange cars or people. He ran towards the direction of the to where the party that they are to be attending to see if his boss had left him behind. He had run through the place looking for Vito. He finally found him in the kitchen with Olivia and the kitchen staff. He quickly regained his posture before approaching them."Sir, you know you were suppose to wait for me before leaving the office. It's dangerous for you to be by yourself still. I thought I had failed to protect you.

6. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Vito looked away from a maid he was yelling at to look at Tommy. "No need to worry about me. I'm capable of taking care of myself." He pulled up his shirt just a bit to reveal a handgun made of silver and trimmed with gold. Diamonds were set in the grip. He put his shirt back down and tucked it in neatly. "Tommy, give me a hand and help me get these LAZY workers to do their jobs." Vito then went back to yelling at the maids and workers to do their jobs and do them faster. Once he was satisfied, he sat down, finishing off his cigar as he supervised the work. He wanted tonight to be perfect. Just as he imagined it in the days before the party. He wanted it to make his Olivia happy. He looked over at his fiance, getting up out of his seat and walking over to her. "Don't you worry, love. I'll make sure this night is perfect."

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

Evelyn quickly moved from one side of her house to the other, brushing her hair, applying final touches to her make up and making sure she had everything ready. Tonight was a big night and she had to play it all right, she had a role to do. She looked in the mirror once more as she checked her appearence, she couldn't afford to be upstaged by everyone else. She had to prove herself worthy to be on Dante's arm and not let him down. Despite still gliding around, barely stopping for a moment, all the things she was doing now were insignificant, she was ready, she had been for a while. et as always she could not sit still, especcially not today.

There was no way she was going to show it or even let on she had any idea, but she was nervous. Even despite the peace she did not feel good about this meeting. She hoped she was wrong and it would be uneventful but two rival gangs of mobsters? It somehow seemed unlikely and with Dante, well she wouldn't be far from the action. She couldn't let her worry show though, she had to just enjoy herself. Checking the window, she saw a dark car pull up outside, her ride was here. She had to make an entrance with Dante of course, and it had to be impressive. She checked herself over one last time before heading out to whatever that may await her.

8. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    Olivia rolled her eyes and moved away from Vito's embrace. It was true that he was trying to help, but in her eyes it just seemed to make things worse. He spent the last few days evading her and her pleas for help and now at the last minute he was barking orders at everyone. She wouldn't stand for it. There was less than twenty minutes before all the guests would arrive and less than ten if they were early. There was no more room for fixing. Everything would have to continue as is. "Don't you try and help now. As if that will account for your absence lately. Go. Get out of the kitchen. The guests will be here any minute and it's not all done." She shewed them out the door and into the foyer. Everything appeared to be correct in the entrance. The decorations were hung appropriately, there was nothing missing or on fire. The mahogany floors reflected the glittering light from the massive chandelier. Work paid well, and it showed. The staircase railing was wrapped with some sort of floral vial all the way up to the top. The room smelled like ginger and vanilla, no doubt one of the maids did it for a personal touch. The room was warm and inviting, just like she intended the evening to be.

Olivia checked herself over briefly in the mirror. She had been so busy with the planning that there didn't leave any room to change. She smoothed over a few stray strands of hair and puckered up her lips. The lipstick she had on was wearing off and Olivia pulled the tube out from within her bodice. The peachy pink was spread lightly across her thin lips and then slipped right back in where it came from. She ran her hands down the waist of her strapless purple dress and nodded in approval. "Perfect." There was a knock on the door and she moved across the room, the sound of her heels clicking on the wood, and smiled as she opened the door. "Welcome!"

[​IMG]
    Rosalie sat in the backseat of the car quietly. The sun was setting and the road became dimly lit by the headlights of the car. The driver remained silent the entire way to Olivia's mansion and she couldn't help but wonder if he're was one of Vito's men. She watched as the car pulled into the long gravel road that lead up to a light blue mansion. The home was massive and landscape was done rather ornate and crisp. She marveled in the beauty of the of the actress's home. It was incredible. The car came to a stop alongside a few other cars. The driver got out of the front seat and opened the door for her. Rosalie climbed out of the car and smiled at the man. "Thank you." She rubbed her arms to warm up in the brisk evening air. Her eyes shifted back and forth as she stared at the door nervously. Rosalie took a deep breath and then slowly started walking up to the porch. There were bright lights coming from the windows and she could faintly hear the sounds of jazz music playing.

9. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Him and Vito were "asked nicely" out to leave the kitchen and to go wait in the foyer so they would be out of the way of the workers. Vito took up residence in the arm chair that was in the foyer, and Tommy went to stand next to him."Hey uh boss, I'm going to go stand outside. Get some air.Tommy wasn't the greatest of fans of parties or being around people he didn't know, so he decided to go outside and wait for the guest to arrive and "scope them out. He walked through the house till he came to the front door and exited it. As he was about to head down the steps, he noticed and very beautiful lady coming up the steps. She was done up very beautifully for the party. He stepped to the left side of the stairs and extended his left hand to her as to help her walk in her dress up the stairs, and removed his hat placed it over his chest with his right hand. He lowered his head in a nod to the lady."Good evening madam. How are you tonight?"He said in very low dark tone. Tommy wasn't the very social type, so he didn't know how to act around these kinds of people, especially women.

10. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]

Rosalie was startled by the sudden greeting. She hadn't seen anyone walk up to her and she had been so absorbed in her own thoughts to not even bother looking. He was very polite and after squinting a little bit in the dim lighting, she recognized him from the club. "Oh! Hello. I'm sorry I didn't see you there. I'm splendid. Maybe a little nervous. It feels like it'll be a stressful evening. You're Tommy right? Tommy Corleone? I recognize you from the club." She took his hand and climbed up the steps onto the porch. For a mobster, he was quite the gentleman. It was rather impressive actually. Not the quality she was expecting from someone like him. They all seemed more ruthless, just a bunch of thugs. That's the vibe she got from Dante's men at least, not that she would ever tell Evelyn that. What her best friend saw in a crime boss was beyond her knowledge.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

OOC: Thanks go to Jayn for this

[​IMG]

As Dante continued to get ready for the party, he eyed the invitation one more time. While he had been too other sorts of gathering, those were either with members of his gang or it ended badly. Still those weren't reason to turn it down. Placing his hat on his head, he thought about what was to happened at the party. He was aware of the truce between him and Vito, but based off of some of the things he'd learned from watching his father, nothing was set in stone. He just had to make sure he didn't relax too much. Though he didn't have to worry too much since Sam, his most trusted man, was going to be there too.

Once he'd gotten completely ready for the party, turned looked towards the clock to see what time it was. "10 minutes til the party starts. Guess I should start leaving now." He'd cast all of his worries to the back of the head. Being the calculating man he was, he'd always thought about situation and how to get out of them it they went bad. Though he didn't think he'd need to worry about this one, especially since he was going to be there with Evelyn tonight. He wanted to avoid dwelling too much on potential hazards this time. With nothing else that needed to be prepared, he headed for his car and left for the party.

12. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes ma'am that would be me, Tommy Corleone. And your Rosalie, Olivia's friend right? I have seen you around the club as well. Sorry to be blunt about this, but you don't seem to be the type to hang around the club. You don't really seem like that that kind of women.He said with a straight look on his face. He wasn't trying to insult her if it came across that way. He was just generally curious her hanging around the club, which was usually full of Vito's gang and some other people that you wouldn't trust to watch your kid to save your life. He looked behind her waiting for some guy to be with her, but he didn't see one.So will your date be arriving later then?He said with quizzical look on his face, because you would generally arrive with your date to a outing like this.

13. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    Rosalie cocked an eyebrow at Tommy's question. She wasn't used to people questioning her reasons for being at The Gatsby. She had been there so long it was as if she had become a permanent fixture within the club. "It wouldn't really be my scene, if it weren't for the fact that I work there. I've been waitressing at the club since I was sixteen. I'm surprised. I thought it was kinda common knowledge or something." His next question made her blush, hard. It was true, these events usually called for a date, but she had none. Rosalie had asked the piano player from work, Frank, but he bailed once she told him who was attending. She couldn't blame him. If he had invited her to come along, she probably would have done the same thing."Ah no... I uh... I did have a date, but he got spooked by the guest list. So I'm here by myself." She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and looked away embarrassed. She should have found another person to accompany her. She was going to look childish by herself. I bet Candy'll have a date. Ugh. She rolled her eyes in disgust, remembering the way Candy flaunted the invite intil Rosalie pointed out that she had one too.

14. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes, I know you work there, but it doesn't seem like your kind of gig, y'know? You are far to great to be working in that place. Take no offense to this ma'am, but women that work at those kinds of places need to be strong, have some backbone, and to be honest ma'am, you look to gentle to have that.He said with usual straight no emotion face that he usually carries with him. Tommy then saw that she was blushing and becoming red like a rose from his second question about her date.Ah, I understand where he comes from. I'm not all that excited about the guest list myself. Tell you what, how about I be your date for tonight? I'm alone here myself, and my boss had been pressuring me about bringing a date. Couldn't find one because, well who would accompany a guy like me with the kinda past and rep sheet like me, y'know? So how bout it, what do you say bella donna?

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]

Rosalie blushed again at his invitation and then harder when he called her "bella donna." Nobody usually spoke to her like that. She didn't even mind that he called her weak. The Gatsby wasn't really a place for her, but it was supposed to help her move forward in her career. It never really did much other than break her spirit. She had been trying so hard, only to be crushed by the new girl. "Sure, I would love that. And by the way, I started working there because I wanted to sing. For people to here my voice, but I don't think it will really ever happen. Not anymore anyway." She sighed and wrapped her thing fingers around his bicep and smiled up at Tommy cheerfully. [color="#ffao7a"]"We should probably get inside. It's getting pretty cold." Rosalie could see her breath now and pulled her jacket closer to her body. Her fingers were freezing and she wished that she would have grabbed a pair of mittens to keep them warm. It was a mistake and one she would have to live with. Once inside, she would no longer be cold and she could take off her frumpy jacket. It kept her warm, but wasn't attractive in the least bit.
    [/COLOR]

16. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

She had wrapped his hand around his bicep and looked up at him and smiled. He returned the smile with a small on of his own. He took his free hand and opened the and then made the gesture for her to go in first, and then took his free hand placed it over her hand that was wrapped around his arm. As they were walking in, he bent down to whisper to her.If there is anything I can do to help your dream come true, you let me know, and I will make it happen.As they got in, he took her coat for her, and gave it to the man that was in charge of taking care of them. He then took her for a walk around the big house. The workers were making last minute adjustments to some of the decorations.

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the car pulled up to the mansion, he could see just a bit of smoke coming out of the side window. Geez, are things that bad already? he thought to himself as he got out. He knocked on the door and made sure his gun was still in its holster as he waited for someone to answer. He thought about what would happen if the boss and Vito ended up fighting tonight. For some reason, the thought of a conflict scared him just as much as it excited him. He was always up for a good fight, but the boss was never a part of it. If he got hurt, it would be his fault.

He tried his hardest to put that at the back of his mind and enjoy tonight. There was a little glass panel on the door and through it he could just make out a woman coming towards the door. Is that Olivia? Is Vito with her? Has the boss gotten here yet? He clenched his hand into a fist and looked down. "Pull it together, Handsome. You can't look weak in front of the boss's rival." he whispered to himself. He looked back up at the door just as it opened and smiled, deciding that he'd play nice... for now.

18. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    Olivia opened the door at the sight of Sam enthusiastically. She had been so busy greeting other guests that she missed Rosalie and Tommy walking in together. She embraced the enemy mobster in a welcoming hug and gave him a kiss on the cheek. She was glowing now. Parties were what Olivia lived for. It was basucally like acting, but more fun."Sam! I'm so glad you could make it. Are the others here as well?" She peered over his shoulder, anticipating the sight of Evelyn and Dante. There wasn't anyone behind him and she let out a momentary sigh of relief. Things would be so nerve-racking when they arrived, that it made her happy they weren't here yet. Olivia glanced into the dining hall, noticing some of the guests already gathering in there. She shook her head and glanced around for Vito. "Excuse me, there are a few things I must attend to. Help yourself to a drink." Almost as if on cue, a waitor came walking up to the with a bottle of champagne.

Olivia made her way through the guests, bumping into Rosalie. There was excitement on her face, then suspicion. "Oh! Why didn't the two of you tell me you were coming together? Now I have to go change the seating arrangement." She furrowed her brow and bit her lip nervously. What else could go wrong before dinner started?

[​IMG]
    Rosalie couldn't help but wonder how Tommy could possibly advance her career. The other was sweet, but taking one from a mobster was probably a bad idea. Sure, they could get you whatever you wanted, but it always came at a price. Rosalie could only imagine what that price may be. Overall, he seemed to be a sweet guy. He even took her on a tour of the house. Tommy must have spent a lot of time here since Vito started dating Olivia. She stayed quiet most of the time, to lost in her on thoughts to really pay attention, at least until Olivia spotted them.

Rosalie wanted to apologize and explain that this hadn't been prearranged, but Olivia had disappeared before giving her a chance to do so. She felt bad. The girl was clearly under a lot of stress. Who wouldn't be with this kind of gathering. "I hope she's okay. She seems really stressed out." A waitor walked by and handed each of them a glass of champagne. Rosalie took one without protest.and started sipping away at it. Prohibition was in full swing, but it didn't stop the rich and famous from acquiring alcohol anyway.

19. Vladimir Makarov Gummi Ship Junkie

Vito decided to sit in his seat, looking out at the guests arriving. He sighed. "Who do you have to talk to to get a drink around here?" He asked himself, looking around for a waiter. He eventually gave up, just leaning back in his chair. He looked in Olivia's direction. "Ehhh, you're lucky I love you." He closed his eyes for just a moment. Right before he fell asleep, he managed to catch himself. He flinched. A lot. He nearly fell out of his chair. Vito mumbled a few curses before standing up. Looked like sitting down wasn't an option for awhile. He just decided to stand at the door for now, greeting the guests. He faked his best smile. This was supposed to be a happy occasion. But Olivia's coldness towards him damaged his good mood just a little. He supposed he deserved it. He has been neglecting her and the party planning after all. Maybe on purpose? This party wasn't even his idea. If he had his way, he would have celebrated the engagement with Dante's head on a pike. He hated Dante and rightfully so. The guy burned down his farm. His family nearly starved to death that winter. And his sister... Vito flinched at these thoughts and righted his smile again. He had begun to frown when he thought about Dante. "Fashionably late, huh?" He mumbled under his breath, "Little prick..."

20. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Candy tapped her foot impatiently. She had no way to tell the time, no way to know if she was late. She murmured something to herself as she looked to the driver. "How far are we?" Candy demanded. She could barely make out what he was saying. "A few minutes away...?" The driver nodded his head rapidly as Candy scoffed. "It is so hard to find good help today," she spat distastefully.

"I hope I'm not the only one without a date," Candy said worriedly to herself. When Candy first brought up the party accidently during one night at the Gatsby, men were literally lining up to be her date. None of them, however, fit the bill of what she was looking for. Yes, she was a picky woman, but for a valid reason of course. Her positive reputation was a nuisance at some times, men randomly approaching her in the streets, in the drug store, and sometimes even knocking on her apartment door. But Candy didn't mind, goodness no, she loved the attention she was getting from all the men. It made her feel valuable, it made her feel loved...

Finally, Candy had reached the party. The driver stopped the car abruptly and left his seat to open the door, grabbing her hand and leading her out of the car in the process. "Thank you," she said delightfully, glad she was finally at the party. She handed the man a five dollar bill and winked sexily, as the driver slipped back into the car and drove away speedily. Wrapping the scarf tightly around her neck, Candy made her way to the front door. She gently knocked three times and waited for someone to answer. She saw figures through the fragmented glass in the middle of the door. Candy sighed, as it appeared she was late. Rubbing her hands together for warmth, she waited silently. "Anytime now..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.