Zebrahead

Discussion in 'Music' started by Darkandroid, May 26, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

What was the first band that combined Rock and Rap? I'll give you a minute to think about it.

....Nope your wrong. It was this band. Forming in 1996, and released there first album in 1998. They were at first a ska/punk band but changed to pop/punk. (with some rap)

I first heard about the band from a friend, around the time they released their latest album 'Broadcast to the World' in 2006. I thought it was a good album, nothing amazing but it was catchy and easy to listen to. Rap doesn't sink well with me, but it works so well here. I didn't know that they had another singer before it. There was a long period where I lacked interest in the band. But with me going to the Download Festival in 2 weeks time, they will be the first band I will be seeing, this resparked my interest. So I got a hold of all their albums. The first 2 'Waste of Mind' and 'Playmate of the Year' was pretty good. But it wasn't until 'MFZB' (said to stand for 'Mother ****Ing Zebrahead, B****') that I really started to get into the band.

'MFZB' is an amazing album, probably one of the best pop/punk albums out there. It's a highly catchy, high energy and well put together. Most of the songs are quite fast paced with the exception of a few slow songs. There are some real head-banging songs like 'Type A' or 'Alone' or just simply catchy 'Rescue Me.' It's great for when your driving or in the car. It's feel good and gets you pumping, I currently have it on repeat in my car. Fan of pop/punk? get this album. Yes there is rapping, but don't worry they are much more rocky and really fits well.

I'm now really looking forward to seeing them at Download and there new album 'Phoenix' due in August. (July in Japan the lucky *******)