YouTube boycott (lasting December 19th - 21st)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Inasuma, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYrpRGlWZ4

Should be interesting. I think I'll participate just to see if anything really happens. Plus, I do agree, YouTube is ridiculous now with their now-prison-like styles of handling videos. Or rather, Google.

lawl.

2. Scott Pilgrim Banned

I'll do it, but I need to make a note of i. I use YouTube out of habit now.

3. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I just remembered that they suspended BYYAHHH! (D-Pryde's Account) a few days ago. **** you youtube. Kiss my ****ing ass you corporate monster.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I MIGHT participate in this. I know it sounds like a dumb reason not to join in, but i cannot live without anime.

and for those of you who are going "i'm not going to use google anymore because it's bad!", here's an alternative you can use that my teacher told me about.

www.goodsearch.com

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Wow...watchin' that video makes me think they're all a bunch of silly hippies. FIGHT THE POWER! They all looked like a bunch of eejits. They say it takes away their freedom of speech but there is no true freedom of speech. They should stop whinnin' n' move on.

6. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Freedom of speech is part of the constitution which is something all us ameri**** hold dear

7. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm doing it because one of the guys in the video looks much like my boyfriend. Haha.

And because YOUTUBE SUCKS.

Freedom of speech forever.

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

There's no freedom of speech in a comparative manner.

Context, m'dear.

9. Rosey Chaser

Ill do it!

If they are hippies they are probably from Boulder, Colorado. Just sayin.

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Most countries have freedom of speech but there are restrictions, such as racial comments.

11. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

People won't like you for things like that and some shop keepers and such might throw you out because of it, but theres no real law against it and I'm pretty sure they can't arrest you for racial comments here.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

There most likely isn't since you couldn't punish everyone that said somethin' racial, but you would still be infringin' on the other person's rights.

ANYWAY! I disliked youtube 'cause of it's profanities. These guys should create their own site if they dislike the idea so much.

13. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I am definitely doing this. YouTube's slogan is "Broadcast Yourself", and that's exactly what they're not letting us do by "algorhythmicly demoting" videos.

14. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

I've got nothen better to do :P

15. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

I have a feeling what they said is right. If YouTube keeps pulling the crap they're pulling, many members will disperse throughout the other video communities and YouTube will be no more. I've had many many friends who have left YouTube because of this sort of thing.

Pretty soon I'll probably start my own video-blog website for people to upload their personal opinions as videos. Because YouTube...ugh.

16. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah, you do have a point but don't forget that there are many other channels on Youtube that gives the site so many hits. I know I hate how Youtube handles all of the copyright crap but hey, there's Veoh.com (aka, take the alternatives outside of Youtube).

And I'm probably not gonna even remember to rebel (for I am also addicted to the newly released Dissidia gameplay vids on there). But whatever happens happens.

17. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I changed my homepage for the next few days, it used to be Youtube. It's the only way for me to remember. xD

18. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Vertigo, your avatar is ridiculous. :]

I'm thinking I'm going to be gone during those days anyway... so really, it doesn't matter to me much. Still, if something significant happens, I'm going to be quite excited. : D

I enjoy this kind of thing. lulz.

19. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it's seriously not that big a deal, the way he talked about it, you'd think something serious is happening. he said that if this boycott doesn't work, he'll boycott all of Google's services....like that would work. i'm sure there are millions of people who would still use youtube AND google.

20. Scott Pilgrim Banned

YouTube is the lion. "If you starve the lion for a day it's going to be hungrier the next day." The thing is, when the 22nd rolls around, they're going to have alot more people using YouTube. It's just the way the world works.