Kingdom Hearts II Xigbar strategies -_-

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Spellbinder, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spellbinder Merlin's Housekeeper

Okay so yea i'm fighting Xigbar and he's pretty tough. Can anybody share some strategies or anyhting you've found to help me beat him? Oh and if you have a suggestion on which keyblade to use, that would be helpful.

P.S. WTFlip is with turning into Shadow Sora??? it's weird!!! and that's when i always die!!!

Thanks a bunch for the help!!!
    ~the Yeti

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

the shadow sora is when you used alot of drives so you turn into his dark form. you cannot use magic during that time. here's my stratagy.

Use: Desisive Pumpkin
    and also get alot of items.

when the battle starts, he'll go to the top and shoot. here just run, and he'll miss you. then when he comes down hit him. every few second's he'll change the field. do a combo, and you'll change it back. when he's making a big white thing, get out of his way. you can use it to your advantage, just like with the nobody version.

now when he changes the field and does a square, that's trouble. he'll glow and do a ground cirlcle. jump around them. then dodge the next few attacks by jumping to side to side. then when he says "let me see how you dance" don't jump. if it helps, do the firework thing with donald. when he comes back to normal, attck him and you should be fine.

3. Thebazilly King's Apprentice

I really didn't have a problem with Xigbar, but I'll try to help.

Stage 1 is pretty easy. Make sure you have guard equipped. If you can time it right, you'll reflect Xigbar's shots back at him. Make sure to use reaction commands on the larger blue gun arrows when he starts shooting them.

Um... then when you have him down to about 2 and 1/2 helath bars, he'll say "All right, now we're talking." And that signifies that he went into Stage 2. This is probably where you had trouble. Xigbar will start using the attack where he's invincible and shoots blue gun arrows. And he spams it. Just keep moving, and make sure to heal. After that, he usually takes a few shots and then uses the larger arrows. Just keep using reaction commands and whittling down his health between his invincible spam attack, and you should come out okay.

I reccomend the Decisive Pumpkin keyblade. And make sure you have Cura and Hi-Potions shortcuted.

Hope that helps.

4. Xendane Banned

Jammin' out in my office on my GEE-TAR!!!
    Here's one: When Xigbar starts he teleports up into the ceiling area and tries to snipe you. Run to avoid lazers and smack dem back at dat b*tch! Use Decisve pumpkin because of combo + damage it gives you for each combo. When Xigbar randomly changes the floor, there will be several ways to break his pattern:

Floor change v.1: Xigbar will make a cutout of sqaures around a big square. He will be in the middle hovering over the top. Go around and jump and combo his @$$. Use a finisher to revert floor

Floor v.2: It's a straight run, but he shoots at you. USe reflegs and try to tech the lazers back at him when he shoots. Then use a finisher to revert the floor.

Floor v.3: I forgot what this one looks like, but I might know later.

After that, once you have him to like, four 1/2 bars I think, he will start using charged blue lazers. Use the reaction with these, they can hurt him.

By the way, when he says "TIME TO RELOAD!", that's the chance to pwnzers his butt.

The last floor comes after you get him down to 2 bars of health. It's no floor except for a floating square with Xigbar over the middle of it. DON'T ATTACK HIM, as he will teleport out of the arena and spin around you shooting two lazers at you. HEre's a tip: He shoots six times, then he teleports over you head and spins around shooting jillions of lazers down at you. Just run in a circle to avoid it. Then the arena will switch back. He will relaod, pwn him while doing so, and he go boom now.

Well, that's the best I got. It's not my strategy, but it's a good one. Health is more important than MP, so keep yourself stocked with potions, Hi-potions, Megaelixers, whatever. Decisive pumpkin or Ultima strongly suggested, Aero abilities in move list, Aerial dodge, anything that helps you beat Xigbar, put it in your move list.

Like I said, this is not my strategy. I know the guy who this belongs too, and it's one of many strategies.

The person this belongs too is:

Bizkit, walkthrough battle of Xigbar. Find it on Youtube. It's a good help.

PS: The Dark Sora is just random, it's a drive form. From what I hear anyhow.

5. KATACHI IS KING!! Hollow Bastion Committee

in your kitchen, eating all of your food XP
    Keyblade: Decisive pumkin or Sleeping Lion (i would do Sleeping Lion)

Well first dont use forms. thats how u'll die. next make sure donald has Cure and you have curaga as a shortcut. Then have trinity limit equiped it does alot of damage. Also u may want to have quick run (by leveling up wisdom form) or glide (by leveling up final form). now first u have to stop him from doing the sniper. then when he comes down use quick run or glide to get to him quickly. hit him as much as possible before he disappears. Then when the stage changes continue this. when u get to the smallest area he will relentlessly shoot like 10000 lasers at u. it is nearly impossible to dodge these so when they are all over use Curaga. Then fight him back until ur MP is full again. Then he should have about 1/2 health left. use trinity limit to take a signifigant chunk away. then repeat and he should be dead and u should get my favorite keyblade, the Oblivion.

6. C This silence is mine

It's not that hard really...

But this in the wrong section

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm not sure how much help I can give you.

Try to get Ultima weapon, it always helps. If you're really stuck go level up a bit, if you really want go to level 99 even though it takes ages to get there it's well worth it! Everything gets really easy from that level.

Before the battle starts equiped you and your party with lots of ethers and Hi-Potions. Ethers help when you have no MP.

I advise you not to go into any form it may just result in you becoming anti-Sora. Instead try and get Final Form and level that up to level 7, this won't just help to finish the game but do other things like Hades Cup and all that. Once you get Glide then that will help you alot! Especially with Xigbar. When you run out of MP just glide around until you get it all back. Resist the urge to attack Xigbar until you have all MP restored. Then attack at any possible time.

Once you learn how Xigbar works then it should be easy because you can avoid it. These tips will help with not just Xigbar but many Bosses. I hope this helped.

8. Spellbinder Merlin's Housekeeper

Wow thanks everyone!!! I REALLY appreciate all the help =D I'm fixin to go try out all your strategies right now!!

and THANKS everyone for not just saying "look at a walkthrough" bc.. that woulda been not so helpful. and i've sworn to myself i wont use a walkthrough for #2.

Christhor: Sorry, i didn't realize this was in the wrong section, i thought it was right.. oh well ^.^ thanks for moving it!

I'll tell yall how it goes! see yall! ^.^

~The Yeti

Okay, i went back and tried it again, and i got SO MUCH FARTHER!!! Thanks everybody SO SO MUCH! I still died, though.. but it was because HE WAS SHOOTING LIKE A BAGILLION LAZERS AT ME!!! gosh i hate when he does that. But the Decisive Pumpkin really is better!! i had been using the Circle of Life, it's usually pretty good. i think right now my problem is just Experience. I'm only level 39, so i think i'm just gonna go back to some other worlds and just kick a bunch of Heartless butt and level up a bunch =D I think that's my problem, i pretty much avoid any on-the-side battles with heartless and leave that up to Donald & Goofy, i really need to start killing more heartless and gathering more experience.

oodles & oodles of thanks to you all!!!!! XDDD

~The Yeti

9. Void Merlin's Housekeeper

If your problem us the phase were he gets invulnerable while shooting all the lasers on that little square, theres a pattern, if you can do it you wont get hit at all...

To sum it up his first attack on the square, spinning and shootin is nearly harmless..

Second part, when he teleports around the sides shooting lasers, well, that hard to explain... immediatly, (during his spin, go to the far side of the paltform, then run counter-clockwise always facing him... its a bit hard to explain, but the real problem is his third attack on the square i guess... thats actually pretty simple avoided, the moment he appears in the center of the plaform, start running in a circle , though not completly along the edge, a bit inward. If you can pull it off you arent hit at all

( if you continue having trouble it might be helpful to wath a video on the fight on youtube, its a bit hard to explain the pattern to evade his desparation move in words)

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The dark sora is called anti form. It comes in when you drive too much and there is also a very high chance of it in Org battles. If you feel you must use drives try to drive into it before entering the battle. Odds of you driving into twice in a row are lowered but because of the fact that you're in an Org battle it will still be more likely than usual. It just won't be practacally garunteed.

11. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok use reflega or the reflect spell and when he does the laser thing like when he goes crazy just go in a circle

12. The Superior aka Xemnas Merlin's Housekeeper

I have a cheat code to tell during this battle.U can easliy get final form onu're drie guage. U have to atleast use Master or Valor form atleast 10-20 times, and it will appear on u're drive guage just like Anti-form.

by the way use alot of reflect or guard ability in order to beat him.Plus sometimes use u're limits or Drives to make the battle easier, and have fun beating him!

13. Spellbinder Merlin's Housekeeper

Okay, i figured since there's quite a few that replied, ( :D ) i would update yall. So.... UPDATE:

I've kept at it with Xigbar, though no victory yet, but i did get him down to like 1 1/4 health bar!!! XDDD (i'm so proud of myself lol) I looked at some gameplays on Youtube, (thanks Void!) and i pretty much got it figured out! My only problem is I keep getting caught in a string of lazers and then i cant get out before my HP goes completely. I'm gonna keep trying at it, though! I'm at lvl 43, i think i'll level up a couple more times before trying again.

ALSO: I know a lot of yall recommended the Decisive Pumpkin keyblade, and that helped A LOT, but when i was looking at the gameplays on Youtube, I saw someone use the Oathkeeper, so i tried it out, and it worked A WHOLE LOT BETTER. Seriously, this sucker can lay some hits. Just thought yall should know.

Thanks everyone!
    ~The Yeti (who is destined to beat Xigbar...someday.)

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Well, thats good. The level may not be a problem since I know loads of people who beat the game on a lower level. If you're really stuck then level up your forms- you don't have to level up Final, level up wisdom by killing loads of heartless (I recomend Timeless river- and when you are about to turn back leave to disney castle- the gauges should come back) this way you will get quick run which is helpful for doging stuff. Keep at it since practice makes perfect.

15. OneWingedHeartless Gummi Ship Junkie

Have you considered using trinity limit or donald/goofy's limits yet?
    It works very effectively

16. Luka Deafening silence

um use trinity limit alot also you have to have double jump or you will suffer badly xD try to block his normakl shots

17. ♥Team SDG♥ Merlin's Housekeeper

Before you start make sure you have the guard ability equipped, also equip Sora Donald & Goofy with potions and put cura on shortcut (i find it easier to have cura on O but not really important) and have limits equipped

At the start of the battle where you are seeing it from Xigbar's point of view just run around in circles to avoid being hit until the target sights change from puple to yellow, when this happens use reaction comands.

Lock on to Xigbar when he is hovering over the plat form upside down, he changes position alot so make sure lock on is activated as much as possible. It is also important to keep moving rather than to stand in the same position as Xigbar moves around the area alot.

When Xigbar stops and shoots 4 target-seeking shots at Sora use guard (square button - if it is one of your equipped abilities) this will send them directly back to him losing him some HP, blocking isn't always possible though as he doesn't have a patter in his shooting so just use guard when possible (it is also advisable you dont waste any of your potions, let donald and goofy heal you and if things get really bad and you realise Donald and Goofy have stopped healing you use them, when you run out of potions go for cura magic spel, and only use drives as a last resort)

A good attacking opportunity comes when Xigbar has to stop and reload, you know this is happening when he either shouts 'R for reload' or 'Sora' or 'Roxas' - strike him as much as possible when this happens with some combos

When Xigbar changes his battle area to a long narrow platform dont run in close to him, stay as far away as possible as this will do you less damage when he shoots at you it is also a good idea to use guard here aswell.

When Xigbar conjours up a whitish-blue glow it means he is getting ready for his second attack which sends a series of lightening attacks in Sora's direction which strictly speaking can't be blocked (you could use guard but the attack is unpredictable so it is hard to time it correctly) try to use reaction commands here as Sora will be able to send these lightening bolts back to Xigbar, Sora will teleport over the arena when he his doing this but just keep hitting triangle and you will do fine.

When Xigbar has 2.5 HP bars left the battle changes big time, there are 3 phases to this part of the battle during which Xigbar will be protected by a glowing shield, he cant be hurt during this time so don't even try to attack him here, just concentrate on avoiding his attacks, one hit in phase 2 and deffinately in phase 3 will lose Sora alot of HP

Phase 1
    Xigbar stands in the middle of the platform, aims his gun to the right and launches a constant barrage of fire. Immediately run past him onto the left right to the other end of the platform and jump before they reach you, Xigbar rotates clockwise approximately 1.3 times, heralding the start of phase 2

Phase 2
    Xigbar appears off the platform and begins to shoot in two different directions, straight ahead and diagonally off to the left (this is why you should run to the other end of the arena in phase 1) Xigbar teleports around the platform in a anti-clockwise direction, you can avoid this attack by kepping to his right and running anticlockwise around the edge of the arena, make sure you keep the camera moving as you do this so that Xigbar is constantly in view

Phase 3
    Xigbar appears in the middle again, here it is important you don't stop running, constantly run in a circle aproximately halfway between the edge and the middle of the platform, Xigbar will fire off an unstoppable hail of bullets that will ricochet all over the platform. These will always land just behind Sora as long as you keep running

If you come through the above phases the battle will continue as before only Xigbar will shift up a gear, his 3 rounds of gunfire will come in quick succession and instead of a pause while he reloads he will now create lightening bolts, so you cant rely on being able to block his attacks. Before the bit where you see the battle from Xigbar arrises again don't activate a drive form as it is of no use in this part of the battle.

In the final stage of the battle the battle will change constantly between a short, normal battle phase (with rounds of shots and lightening bolts) and the 3-phase attack on the small platform, your main concearn here is how to get close to him without taking to much damage, try to stop the lightening bolts with reflect so that shots and lightening are not flying over the arena simultaneously, it also helps to deploy limits such as comet.

18. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

When Xigbar shoots his first round of bullets during reload go master form.If he doesn't shoot you when your in the protected bubble of drive you'll go FINAL FORM!!!!!
    when you get traped in his best attack he shoots anti-clockwise with his first shoots so don't be in the path.the final part of his attack just keep moving.

19. Repliku Chaser

If you are having trouble curing yourself at the multiple laser part, make sure you have the "Leaf Bracer" ability on. This allows you to cure yourself even as you are being hit and could save you and be what the problem is.

As others have said, don't bother using Forms at all because with the Org members especially, you have a greater chance entering the Anti-Sora form which is counterproductive here. It can work in a couple spots with the nobodies but it's not that great because the bosses have such huge life bars compared to your own.

Jumping around and moving during the fight really can save you here in the battle. Others have described a lot of strategies for you to try so I won't go into that. I actually used Oblivion though rather than Decisive Pumpkin. Of course, that's because I like Oblivion more and the level 6 damage it does.

Good luck. Thought I'd point out the leaf bracer ability since it looked like that may be an issue why you can't heal yourself when you need to.

20. Spellbinder Merlin's Housekeeper

OMG YES YES YES YES!!!!!! i FINALLY beat Xigbar!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Okay so i stayed home from school today because i have a massive NASCAR hangover (we went to the race yesterday) and though i am too young to drink, all the G-force crap gives you a huge headache the next morning. but anyways, i stayed home and first i leveled up once, so i'm on lvl 46. Then i went to fight Xigbar... During the battle, i used Trinity limit (which didn't help much) and Knocksmash, which actually finished him off. I used the Bodn of Flame Keyblade. speaking of which: THE BOND OF FLAME WORKS EXTREMELY WELL. I'm talking about knocking off half a health bar with a good combo!!! I'm guessing Xigbar is weak against fire, because none of the other keyblades i used worked NEAR as well.

Thank you all SO SO SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! Yall have helped TONS thanks you so much!!! *does happy dance*

I'm s happy!!!! :D:D:D Thanks again!!

~Th Yeti (Xigbar is SO PWNED)

~Later~
    OMG YES I JUST BEAT KH2!!!!!!!!! YESSS!!!!!!! The game was FRIKKIN AWESOME i cant believe i beat it!!!! I'm so happy!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D I've gotta go do my happy dance and celebrate... thank you all again for your help!!! Love you all!
    ~The Yeti

(Now i just need ot figure out how to get off the frikkin Battle Report.... I think i forgot to save my game at the Altar of Naught.... oh well)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.