Kingdom Hearts II Wtf?!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Mielé, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mielé Banned

okay, so my little brother decided he wanted to play kh2 so i started a new game for him on beginner. The next day, he goes up to me (crying) saying that kh2 isnt working, so i go see what he's done and the x button had stopped working, the command menu changed to the shortcut menu, the camera wouldnt work, and if you went to scroll down on something (like the start menu, save menu, etc.) it would just go back up to the top.
    So we restarted it like 3 times and then it worked but it did the same thing the next day and now (he's up to Space Paranoids) the light cycle thing, WONT TURN.
    L1 AND L2 OR R1 AND R2 WONT WORK TO TURN

sorry for writing an essay but has something like this happened to anyone else and do they possibly know how to fix this >__>

2. Knightshade Hollow Bastion Committee

Have you tried using another controller....?

3. Majik Chaser

4. 00Roxas00 剛情のロクサス

Yeah, Probably.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It's probably your controller. But in case that isn't it...

What model system are you using? (slim PS2. 60 GB PS3...) and have you tried cleaning the disk yet?

6. Destined Working for WDW

My guess would be that their's something on the disk, check it, if not, then try switching controllers, they sometimes go it's life.

7. Aura Goddess

I think its the controller.But if its not then there could be a scratch on the back of the disk or it could be dirty and that's causing all of this to happen while playing the game.

8. Repliku Chaser

It does sound like it's a controller malfunction. You should try taking it out, use an air can to clean out the cord part and see if that helps when you plug it back in. If that doesn't work, it may be time to get a new controller. They do go bad after a couple years if they are used a lot.

The only other thing, as people mentioned too is that its the disc. Make sure if you clean it to use a cotton cloth or cotton ball. You can breathe on it with hot breath to get it damp a bit and just wipe it that way, or add a bit of water. Sometimes the inside of the machine gets dirty too so you might want to blow some canned air in there too but it most likely seems to be a controller issue or dirty disc.

Amend...clean out the PLUG part...cord part...>.< I can tell I need to pay attention sometimes when I say things here. lol

9. Mielé Banned

i use a ps2 slim...

i cleaned the disk and that did nothing...
    well looks like i'm going to have to try the other controller

but that still doesn't explain why the command menu switched and that...

10. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

this has happened to me before... It's your controller... It probably isn't plugged in all the way or it's too dusty inside... Try unplugging the controller, blowing into it and the place where you plug it in, and then plug it back in and see if that helps ^^

11. Xendran Banned

Use a different controller

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Alright,you can't update system data on a PS2 but you have a newer model anyway so that probably isn't it.

And the command menu switched because L1 is stuck.

Anyway, you can try what repliku told you. BTW the air cans can be bought at basically any hardware store and many convenient stores. DO NOT SHAKE OR USE THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN. The liquid in there is freon which is an extreme coolant, I've given myself frostbite while cleaning my computer before. It's so cold it burns.

Safety lesson aside once you clean the ports and system vents if it still doesn't work you are going to want to clean the inside of the controller. The controller is broken anyway so no biggie if it doesn't quite work after this, just make sure any warranty you might have is gone. Find a clean table to work on since you don't want to lose any parts. You should find some screws on the back of the controller. Take them out and open it up and spray around with the compressed air. If you see any gunk you can wipe it with a damp rag (rubbing alcohol is ideal but water won't kill anything). Let it dry out before putting it back together and trying a test run.

And sorry if I posted this too late to help.

13. Jayn

If it's not your controller then try cleaning out the port that you plug the controller into. Make sure nothing's broken in there >>...

14. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

The controller is probably bad. Or maybe the disk is damaged.

15. Marluxia13579 Twilight Town Denizen

You should get a new controller. I've had to replace mine like 2/3 times. Once the analog stick broke and Tidus (I was playing FFX at the time) constantly walked to the right, and you couldn't control him. Plus the X and O buttons stopped working. WTF...

16. P Banned

Try playing a different game. Does the same thing happen? If not, it is kingdom hearts as fault.

If it does happen to the other game, try with a different controller. If the controller still stuffs up, it is the console.

Now, try :

Cleaning the disk.

Blowing into the controller ports.

Not holding anything on the controller when starting the PS2.

All I can think of.

17. Repliku Chaser

Guys, I think the question is from May 8th so if it isn't solved by now there are problems. He probably hasn't even checked this thread.

18. Mielé Banned

*cough*imagirl*cough* >> << >>

You can lock the thread now btw :3

19. Repliku Chaser

Figured so. I'll leave someone a note about it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.