Windows Vista: Sucks or rocks?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Korra, Sep 21, 2007.

?

Windows Vista: Sucks or rocks?

1. Oh God, it's terrible. X_X

56.8%
  2. IT'S AWESOME!!

25.0%
  3. Vista...? What's that? O_o

18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I have Vista installed, and not only did it delete my entire C drive (where most of my fonts and pictures were), but it has been crashing rather randomly.

The record is now 10 times in half an hour.
    And it just crashed three times in five minutes.

Although, some features are nice, like the sidebar, window view and whatnot.

What do you think?
    Opinions please. :3

2. SplitOverload Chaser

Shouldn't this be in more of the movies & media or general gaming section lawl?

I say it sucks. Too many little bugs. I'd wait until it gets better, but I still LOVE my WinXP. So I'll be sticking to that for a while.

3. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

If you compare it to the Mac Computers, a piece of junk.

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

What does Vista have to do with gaming? O_o;;
    If it needs to be moved, then so be it...

But yeah.
    I'm planning to rebuild my PC this weekend back to XP.
    Hopefully I'll be able to re-download my fonts. X_x

5. Spitfire I'm a little high, and a little drunk.

Seriously this is the most annoying OS ever. By trying to make it so secure you have to verify every single action you do, its just annoying to use, they tried to copy OS X Tiger to much.

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Yeah...in order for me to extract something, it's like, "You need permission to access this!"
    I tried to install Adobe Flash 9.
    "You need permission to access this!"
    ...-_-

And it's not even that much more secure. I still have ******ed popups coming up all over the place. >_>

7. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

I really recommend Apple Mac.
    If you can effort it, you should think on getting it.
    ~98% Virus Free
    ~REALLY fast
    ~You can do WAY more with it
    -----
    Once you get used to it, then you can see on see how its really good. The only problem with it is you can't play too many online games.

8. no-reality_allowed ¢ℓαιяνσуαηт ℓσνєкιℓℓ

Well I love it....yea they ****ing moved all my applications and I have to figure out were everything is at now and I need to spend 1 second saying yes to the permission thing, but it's not that big of a deal. Anyway it came pre-installed in my compy so I don't care that much :P

9. phoenixsonichearts Merlin's Housekeeper

I like it. For me, we have a dual booting system and XP keeps crashing. Vista doesn't. Besides, I can make AMV's on Vista and not on XP!

10. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

xD

Yeah, for me, my parents set up the admin system so I'm restricted to pretty much nothing.
    It sucks. D=
    Did you not have WMM on XP? O_o;;

11. superkiwi Merlin's Housekeeper

when i first got it, it totally sucked
    but I've had for it for a while and I'm starting to like it.... it still has its moments though :C

12. Mirai King's Apprentice

I hear it's a memory whore.

I like the XP right now. It's perfect for meand my downloading craziness. :P

13. Repliku Chaser

Macs are a dying breed and I don't know why people keep trying to build them up. They are not that great, and there is too much closed off to them to make them interesting in any other way than just as a sitting computer to make some graphics on, which...graphics proggies in Windows are now pretty great so I don't bother with Macs at all anymore. I won't say they suck, but to me, they are nearing the point of being redundant, as anything a mac can do, a pc can too anymore. About the only cool thing I've seen from mac is their latest lappies.

Vista is okay. I like it and Linux Ubuntu. Vista has a lot better capabilities now for programmers, with extra desktops provided and quite a few other options. It's also better with running video games and such, and maximizes hardware performance better. However, on the downside, if you don't have a high end computer, with above the 'minimum' requirements to run it, you may run into problems. Most of the time the problems seem to be with that. I wish you luck in getting that installed, but if it is giving you issues, you may just want to stick with XP for a bit longer and make sure the hardware is alright. Windows -should- have some tech support if you need help with Vista.

14. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Exactly what Repliku said. Vista is ok as of now, and it does have it's little problems. But what Windows didn't have any problems when it came out?

Reminds me of XP when it came out <_< Everyone said it sucked, that games didn't work well on it, and that it was buggy. And now XP is installed on almost every computer in the world. You just have to give it time I guess, to work out the kinks.

15. Moodkip ~洞爺湖~

>_>; Before I state my opinion on Vista I'm going to have to say to the people who said it sucked, do you all of you even have Vista? From the sound of it, it sounds like some of you (not going to name names) are blindly loyal to XP.
    Okay, now for my opinion. I just got a new computer about a month ago and with it came a free copy of Vista. And for the most part, I'm loving the thing. The new graphics interface it great, it runs smoother, and has a TON of new features. And about the people who complain about when Vista asks permission to do something, what are you doing that makes Vista think that you are doing something bad? I get that maybe once a week tops. And pop ups? That's not Vista's fault, that's your pop up blocker's fault. On a side note, maybe why Vista works so well for me is that I had my computer specifically built so that Vista will run easily on it. But overall I gotta say; "Don't knock it until you try it"

16. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I have heard that there is an option (possibly in the control panel somewhere) that stops Vista from asking permission every 5 seconds.

As for me I haven't tried it so I can't really pass comment. But I have heard people saying it is better to wait for Service Pack 2 to come out, as by then most of the major bugs will be ironed out.

Btw, is Linux any good? I don't even know what it looks like >_> (sorry for the off-topicness ^^')

17. TabbyRoxas Twilight Town Denizen

Ewwwww, Vista. It sucks
    It seems like Bill Gates has personally spat on every copy of Vista :silence:
    It looks Pretty, but it sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.